-
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
United States of Dictators
Discord
cayyus
Delegate Pallaith:
I am appointing @Sil Dorsett as Election Commissioner, subject to a confirmation vote by the Regional Assembly.

@Sil Dorsett has been appointed to serve as an Election Commissioner by Delegate @Pallaith. I open the floor to discussions about this appointment.

Additionally, I invite the Delegate to provide statements in support of the appointment.

Once moved, the motion that will be putting to vote for this confirmation is as follows:

Motion:
The Regional Assembly confirms the appointment of Sil Dorsett to the Election Commission.

What can I say that hasn’t already been said? Sil is the most experienced member of the Election Commission, he’s shepherded us through a number of them and just came off the first runoff we’ve ever had under the ranked choice voting system. The EC is often an opportunity for people new to higher government office to serve their region in another important capacity, and to do that they need training and support from people who know their way around the election process. That’s why experienced commissioners like Sil are even more crucial, and why we’re lucky to have him and that he’s willing to serve in this role again. He has my full confidence and support to continue his service on the EC.

Over 8 months during my term as delegate Sil led the EC with the effectiveness and co-operation that they've shown throughout their extensive time spent as a Roleplay Moderator. It's part of why I first appointed them to be one. With their experience on the EC and their approach to the work, I can think of few people more appropriate to put n the EC.

I greatly appreciate the vote of confidence from Pallaith and St George. It's been an absolute pleasure to serve in this capacity and I look forward to doing this for a lot longer.

Some of you eagle eyed citizens may note that I decided to step back from being Chief Election Commissioner this cycle. I want to assure you that this is not a reduction in activity or anything like that. This is about providing an opportunity, one that I probably should have provided a long time ago. I fully intend to support future CECs with whatever they need, from advice to tech support to supervising more elections. I'm even planning to work on some tools and scripts to help the commission out, not unlike some things like r3n has done.

I hope for your support so that I can continue to support the region in this important work!

You have my full support, Sil.

Obviously not a dealbreaker, but what sorts of tools would you have in mind?

Sil has been a pillar of this community since before I arrived in TNP. I have no doubt that they will continue to be an exemplary Election Commissioner. I motion to vote.

While I would like to see an answer to Hulldom's question, I cannot think of an answer Sil Dorsett could give to his question that could deter me from voting for him.

Therefore, I second the motion to vote.

Last edited:
Sil has been a pillar of this community since before I arrived in TNP. I have no doubt that they will continue to be an exemplary Election Commissioner. I motion to vote.
While I would like to see an answer to Hulldom's question, I cannot think of an answer Sil Dorsett could give to his question that could deter me from voting for him.

Therefore, I second the motion to vote.
The motion and second is noted. We will be starting a vote in the next few hours, barring any objections. The vote will last 5 days.

You have my full support, Sil.

Obviously not a dealbreaker, but what sorts of tools would you have in mind?
The tools I have in mind are a set of scripts that would take a series of inputs and create the BBCode that the supervisors would use to post the candidacy declarations, voting threads, and results page. Contingent of course on approval from Eluvatar, because my intent would be to turn these over to the region. Alternatively, I do intend on creating a series of simpler templates on the forum itself. Some of the feedback I've received from the other commissioners is that the existing templates, with their series of optional components, are difficult to follow, and that's something I'd like to fix.

I have no additional comments and absolutely intend to vote in favor of the nomination.

Back