Updates to NPA High Command Structure

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
G8LoTxuCYip0kLLmSHEj8HWva9HGg26_Gm3oQK2lSWD6go2Ma0W-kUmWia9RFbjnfPmjqBzGz04tequiWsErbBj_9H2-35HbVqE54DBp9neB3QjVM-F4AX81nDnzYvqyX0IZ9fR2

Updates to NPA High Command Structure

Good morning,

The Delegate @St George and I have been considering alternative ways to provide for more structure and activity at the higher echelons of The North Pacific Army’s High Command. This proposed change is well overdue and provides for a general assignment of responsibilities for the oversight of The North Pacific Army to ‘High Command’ Officers.

This effectively means that portfolio responsibilities for different parts of key NPA operations will be assigned to senior officers of The North Pacific Army. Historically these responsibilities have mostly sat with the Minister of Defence, with key tasks only being distributed to High Command on an ad-hoc basis.

For the duration of their ability to complete these responsibilities, they will serve on The North Pacific Army High Command with the rank of General. Should those responsibilities need to be transferred to another individual, they will revert back to their previous rank. Additional positions may be added depending on the needs of the NPA. The below positions therefore are activity and needs based, rather than permanent. This will allow the NPA the greatest flexibility to adapt to potential changes.

Chief of Operations - @Nimarya

The Chief of Operations will be responsible for providing senior leadership to the organisation of complex and challenging operations. This work will support the efforts of the Minister of Defence to undertake training operations, joint operations, and organising war games activities with other regions.

Chief of Intelligence
- @BluieGamer

The Chief of Intelligence will be responsible for overseeing intel collection for the North Pacific Army, including monitoring activities of regions deemed hostile to The North Pacific and utilising this information to support NPA operations.

Chief of Recruitment - @Owenstacey

The Chief of Recruitment will be responsible for the on-boarding of new officers, drafting regional telegrams and RMB recruitment posts, and supporting efforts to expand the ranks of The North Pacific Army. Recently this term, we have seen a significant increase in the number of ‘story-type’ reports. It is envisaged that this role would support the distribution of these works, and utilise those reports to support recruitment.

Chief of Tech - @9003

The Chief of Tech will oversee the updating and maintenance of The North Pacific Army’s technology and resourcing. This role has been very important and has sat unofficially with a number of people over the years. This term we have 9003 take on a sizeable effort to re-establish our technology, and I am confident in his ability to continuously adapt and modernise our tech.

@QuietDad will also continue to provide support in an advisory capacity and will be part of this new structure. As a further announcement, @Cretox is hereby appointed as Deputy Minister of Defence.

I am grateful for the support of all members of The North Pacific Army during this term. Likewise I am appreciative all former members of the NPA High Command who have supported ongoing efforts to make the NPA what it is today. The Delegate and I hope that these changes will allow the NPA to continue to grow and adapt.

Yours,
McMasterdonia

Happy to join the deputy roster! A more proactively and concretely organized general staff is generally a good thing, and it'll be interesting to see where this goes moving forward.

Last edited:
eoJaCFpLwgebkBaFKDqMYnFu73noAg809XSMcsns4lL2ccjS24BFYkJ9jCnymCoFlrkDdyjI_l60gQvh49nweMXX0w1n8Rn6L5Np7YBHbtcSbAZXNTIxauHQsWcutdB30r0NEFPH

This is a long-overdue update to the High Command restructuring that was previously announced. Simply put, this setup has been discontinued to meet the current needs and personnel restrictions in the NPA as it exists currently. This, along with many other aspects of the current governing organization of the NPA, will be adjusted in the imminent term with the new delegate’s reorganization plans.

For the time being the NPA will have a lean, small dedicated team consisting of the MoD, deputies, and existing generals. This is very much in flux and more specific and concrete details will come from the new delegate’s directive. In preparation for this shift, I am also announcing the removal of QuietDad as a general and member of High Command. QuietDad has of course put in countless hours into our NPA, and has a record of operations and service that speaks for itself. It is long and storied and among the best in the annals of our history. No one would deny this, and in fact I want to thank him for his years of service and diligent support for our army through some tough times and challenges. The NPA stands upon the shoulders of great players and he is certainly among them.

But it has become clear that as he has shifted to more of an adviser than an active soldier, QD has had a hard time adapting to and accepting modern military gameplay and TNP’s shifting role in it. For much of this term, he has respectfully and vociferously objected to policy and operational decisions and we both feel that this is likely to continue into the next term with the new delegate. Now more than ever we need unity and a clear direction, and a military that can look to its leaders and hear them speak with one clear and commanding voice. When our differences become so great that what should be passionate and private debates among leaders reaches the rank and file, that’s when we run into trouble. With these irreconcilable differences, it is difficult to see how QD can continue to serve in his current capacity, especially as the direction the government plans to go in is diametrically opposite from anything he would advise. With great respect for all he has done and for the legacy he has in this game, I have asked him to stand down and he will be leaving the High Command and retired as a General in the North Pacific Army.

The rest of the changes to come I leave to our new delegate, and expect you will hear additional updates soon.

I have become less active for many reasons. Primarily as a step dad of 3 kids in college and the challenges of the past few years with covid, RL has limited my time and alot of time by the major. I am either playing with my band or asleep from exhaustion. While I appreciate your words, I don't appreciate the way it came about with no discussion. I sti;; remain active on discord, We shall see how wrong I was

Back