The Iterian League

It was Hana's time to shine once more. Her popularity back home had been rapidly rising in the face of her vocal support for the Century Iteria initiative, and many Skandans saw her as the face of the Iterian League despite only being an ambassador. She leaned into her microphone.

"On the issue of Item One, so long as Mazdia proves that it is truly on the path to recovery Skanda would have no issues admitting it to the League. On the issue of Item Two-- Skanda is in full support of this. Gwladcan has long stood as a great power in North Iteria. It's a bridge between Craviter Iteria. A vital one, and a vital member of the League. Skanda would love nothing more than to assist them in rebuilding the nation. The Skandan Initiative for Greater Iteria, under Skanda's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, would gladly spearhead efforts in the region through financial aid and deployment of the International Technical and Engineering Commission, also under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. That is, as long as Gwladcan has no issues with us doing so."

Hana then looked to the UFI representative with quite a frown on your face. "I must say, for a nation with the name of the United Federation of Iteria, I would not expect such a response. While caution is required yes, an Iterian should not scoff at the idea of helping another Iterian nation. The departure of Ascalon, while regrettable, was inevitable. Forgive my vitriol as I say this but Ascalon's greater allegiance to imperialist powers was well known. They've always been lapdogs and they'll always be lapdogs so long as they are under the scrutiny of Gojannesstad and it's air-gangsters." That was a term she'd picked up from the Naizerri- She was a fan of it.

"In summary, they were practically brainwashed by the imperialsts. Of course they were going to leave a pro-Iterian allegiance eventually." Hana scoffed. Skandan-Ascalonian relations hadn't exactly been peachy since they left the league, a fact likely well known by most nations on Iteria at this point. She looked back to Sarakhaid, calming herself and taking a deep breath before speaking again.

"Foreign aid should be handled by the individual country, yes, but coordinating it through the Iterian League can only help make efforts easier on everyone. As for the last issue-- Skanda is wary towards this idea as a whole, after discussion with my colleagues. Yet we do have a potential geographical position in mind for it. Upon the Skandan-Iraelian border. What better place to make a ceremonial capital for the administration of the league then on the border of two formerly bitter rivals? It would not be... "centralizing" the league as some members suggest as it would have many practical usages. It would be immune to the woes of the individual nation, and we wouldn't have to move the League around constantly. It would serve as a communal center for joint-Iterian operations and house numerous inter-organizational bodies, improving coordination and cooperation ten-fold. Skanda is still wary, however, solely because of how large an undertaking it is. A trans-national highway and rail system is one thing, and can rely on pre-existing infrastructure, but building a city from the ground up? It would be the largest undertaking the League has ever made. However, should the League approve such an undertaking Skanda will gladly dedicate itself to the cause. Thank you for listening." Hana bowed her head and leaned back in her seat.

Last edited:
"If the Iterian League cannot coordinate aid efforts," Yasur replied, "then I am unsure what what we are doing here. The Iterian League stands for a more united, peaceful, and strong Iteria. A degree of mutual assistance is inevitable. Iraelia seconds Skanda's desire to see a pan-Iterian effort aid Gwladcan."

"Mazdia's membership has no objections from Iraelia either. As far as Ascalon goes, well we cannot afford to be an imperialistic alliance. We cannot force ourselves on a nation that does not want our presence. All we can hope for is that our collective efforts convince others that we as a continent are stronger when we work together."

Sarakhaid sighed heavily as he made his way to the podium, the constant need to refute small-minded accusations that the league was trying to build some sort of one continent state was growing tiresome.

"While the exit of Ascalon was a regrettable situation, the UFI representative is aware that since that time we have gained several new member states, I would think the accusation of losses proves a bit disingenuous when put under scrutiny and basic math," Sarakhaid said pausing to let his words sink in

"Further I cannot understand why the UFI representative, as my Skandan colleague, so astutely pointed out, can claim reluctance to help a fellow iterian nation given they claim to represent a united iterian federation? this league was founded to make iteria a better place for all if we do not actually act to make our principles a reality then all this ceremony rings hollow"

"Finally I must refute the UFI's representatives false accusation that secret meetings were held regarding a symbolic capital, we have merely noted that the topic has gained popularity and been mentioned by several members. I really must stress that the league is not the shadow cabal seeking to erode sovereign rights which ill-informed persons seem want to accuse it of being. Does META control every aspect of its member states? has the Luscova pact eroded national sovereignty? I think the member is seeking to construe this alliance in a manner that does not reflect reality."

"I would have fully appreciated the views presented against what I've said if no insults were thrown at my country's name." Pake smiled at Iokina. "As a diplomat or, more importantly, as a duly-appointed representative of my country, I will not reply with the same tone or manner. Instead, I will give a response deserving of the dignity of our office. My country has disagreements with the Astragonese government on particular issues, but we will never resort to fearmongering and hate-driven rhetoric to prove a point."

"I did not 'scoff' at any point in my statement. I do not oppose the efforts of helping another country." Pake representative wagged a warning finger at the Skandan. "There should be no room for 'vitriol' in an organization where people expect they are represented by representatives they deserve. Furthermore, I'm alarmed by the confidence of my colleagues in telling that a sovereign country's government is a 'lapdog' to 'imperialist powers.' This type of language should be- No. This language is politically incorrect. It is not appropriate. It should not be applauded."

"This consistent language, persisting up until this moment, should not surprise anyone. This problematic, unnecessary, and unwelcoming behavior towards other countries due to the implications of their history should not be the basis of decision-making in this body." Pake nodded in the general direction of Iokina's view. "We must change this. We can't continue debating and voting on important issues if we allow ourselves to be clouded by prejudice. Be any of what you say is true, but speech is still speech nonetheless. The Ascalonian people, who I'm sure didn't leave with full certainty, definitely does not appreciate their government is described as 'lap-dogs' or 'brainwashed.'"

"Ascalon is a democracy and its government is derived and represented of the people." Pake shook his head at the second-hand embarrassment (assuming other people here feel shame) that's crawling up his arm. "To call their government 'lap-dogs' or 'brainwashed' can be interpreted as an insult to the people of Ascalon. And if I may add, the term 'air-gangsters' is tantamount to a racial slur. I hope this body will not continue to express themselves with such hateful words. We are all human beings. Whether one person is black or white, Iterian or Craviterian, Syrixian or Iraelian, should not be judged based on those characteristics."

Pake will never understand. Why is it so hard to understand? Why does he have to be the person to say these things? "Has anyone here not considered Ascalon's departure and asked themselves: What did we do wrong? Just because you believe in what you believe in doesn't mean there is only one answer to the problem. This body must be able to recognize the deficiencies that led to Ascalon's departure and seriously find ways to remedy it before we have another Ascalon moment. Otherwise, this organization cannot regulate others if it cannot regulate itself."

"That is why I am questioning the practice of closed meetings in regards to such a significant plan of action for the League." Pake nodded at Prince Sarakhaid. "Century Iteria, Ginoong Secretary-General, is not a misconstrued fact. Or, shall we say, facts: Force Iteria is not a conspiracy theory. It's a professional military force at the League's disposal. Iteria to the Stars is not a lie. There's a space agency for the League. The Central Iterian Bank is not a figment of my imagination. I have only stated facts. You would recall, Ginoong Secretary-General. You called it 'a vision for the future of our continent.' A vision I also share, but we do not have the same compasses in finding our way to accomplish it."

"Emotions." Pake breathed in hard. He hasn't gotten used to talking in front of an assembled body. Even back then in the Batasan, he was always in the backbenches. "We should not let ourselves get carried away with our convictions, no matter how strongly we believe in them. I will not shout at my colleagues if any outcome my government finds unfavourable succeeds in this body. I will accept defeat and concede, and live to serve my country as long as my office allows it. 'To the maintenance of peace and prosperity throughout Iteria, and a constant discussion on the issues that face our continent.' That's what the League's constitution promised."

Ginang/Ginoong - Tagapa for Ma'am/Mrs. or Sir/Mr., respectively.

Last edited:
Hana put her hands up defensively before speaking again, in a calm and passive tone.

"Representative Pake," She stood, clasped her hands together, and bowed deeply towards Pake before taking a seat again. "ゆ가し 놔す와 와의しㅘた위와さ와* ...I would like to deeply apologize to you in specific. I misconstrued your words in a fit of emotion and you're correct, someone of my position should not be speaking in such a manner. That being said I will not retract my comments on Ascalon's general governance. They are my own personal views, not those of the Skandan government. I will only apologize for the manner in which I stated those views. It was unprofessional, and as you termed it, politically incorrect. From this point forward I will maintain an unbiased, nonaligned stance on all issues within the League and attempt to speak with no prejudices based on federal relations or history with a nation.

One more thing, on a tangentially related note. The term air-gangster is not comparable to a racial slur in any manner and I find it borderline insulting for it to be considered as such-- to think that someone would think I would say something of that level. It is a term that refers not to any physical characteristics, not to a country of origin or to any such things, but to the content of one's character. It is not a professional term, perhaps, but it is certainly not as high of caliber as a racial slur. I assume it was not intended, but to compare it to a racial slur is doing those who face real racial prejudice and inequality a disservice. It is comparing their situation to being called a term practically synonymous with imperialist or neocolonialist. I would greatly appreciate if you researched a term before displaying it as something so horrible as a slur."

She took a deep breath.

"Now that this is out of the way I will address the other statements you made. Ascalon did not give any particular reason for their departure from the League. They made no official statements as to the reasoning behind the decision in their initial departure, nor in the days, weeks, or months following it. It is quite difficult to address an issue in which we do not truly know what the issue is. Through speculation alone Saito was only able to assume it had something to do their reluctance to participate in what may be described as pro Pan-Iterian initiatives, but the Ascalonian delegation left the chambers with haste. If it is indeed an issue of Pan-Iterianism, then that is an issue that cannot be fixed because it is not truly an issue, but rather the preference of Dazhou to refrain from that ideology. We cannot change the ideology of a nation to suit the League's desires. Perhaps the League can request a response from Ascalon as to why they left? Only a suggestion, of course."

A pause. "Let us return to the original topics of this assembly. Skanda maintains it's dedication in assistance to Gwladcan and will do so regardless of how the League votes on the issue. Skanda also supports the admission of Mazdia to the League and would like to request a motion to hold the vote for their admission. The third issue is obviously the most contentious and largest issue presented today and as such I believe it should receive it's own separate assembly at a later date dedicated to it entirely, so that we may discuss it in full without getting... sidetracked, as we have."

*"Yukashi nasui waushiataiwasai", a very formal apology.

Arlan sat at his desk sipping coffee from his University of Ardurelos mug. The Alnarian primacy was bombastic place. Arguments and often well humored comments were shouted across the floor at every session, with rare exception of when the High King attended. Watching his peers argue and apologize was an interesting change of pace. Listening to talk of Pan-Iterianism was what really caught Arlan’s interest. His play to host the league had succeeded, but he was far from having the public, or the primacy on board with his dream. Somewhere in his daydream he had lost track of his mug, spilling hot coffee into his lap. “Agh! Fuck.” He said in what he thought was a quiet tone, but realized quickly he had caught the attention of the assembled delegates. He shot his eyes from member to member and rose confidently embracing the moment. “The Kingdom of Alnaria supports the admittance of Mazdia into the League, and will of course supporting de-mining.” He sat down somehow forgetting the puddle of coffee that awaited him.

After delegate Arlan told this, Lorbank's delegate, Daniel Miru had some quick discussion with President Burves. Then President left the meeting and Miru asked for words. He said this: "Honorable, but for we, Lorbankians, Dear Arlan, let me give you my mug from University of Technology and Economics (of Lorbank). I have graduated from there, I had several wonderful years during I was a student. I hope you will not spill anything into your lap next time, when you drink from this!"

Then Miru went from his seat to Arlan's, gave his mug to him, had a hug then back to his place. He continued: "I regret to inform the Iterian League, that Lorbank must withdraw the admittance of Mazdia to the Leage, since its representative(s) do not attend this conference and we do not get feedback from them"

Last edited:
"if no parties have anything further to add then I suggest we move to vote on the issues of the day"

Aid for Gwladcan:
<Yea/Nay/Abstain>

Admittance of Mazdia to the league:
<Yea/Nay/Abstain>

Further discussion of a ceremonial capital:
<Yea/Nay/Abstain>

Aid for Gwladcan: <Yea>

Admittance of Mazdia to the league: <Nay>

Further discussion of a ceremonial capital: <Yea>

Nation: Republic of Mansani

Nation: State of Iraelia

Last edited:

Admittance of Mazdia to the league: <Abstain>

Nation: Democratic People's Republic of Skanda

Nation: Republic of Lorbank

Admittance of Mazdia to the league: <Yea>

Nation: United Federation of Iteria

Nation: Great Zhen Empire

Last edited:
Sarakhaid ascended the steps of the stage one last time, his term had been a resounding success in the eyes of Pan-Iterianists even as it had been cursed and shouted down by their opponents. Now it was time to hand the reins on to a new leader, the Iterian league would be as it had always been, ever-rotating and never stagnating under one nation's dominance.

"Brother and Sister nations of the League, it has been the greatest honour of my life to lead this assembly, in that time we have grown closer than ever before, reached out to form new bonds of unity and even lent much-needed aid to those of our esteemed family that were struggling. Now though it is time to pass on the torch in keeping with the league's mandate that it stands for all Iteria. As I end my term I can look back with pride on what we have built together, Force Iteria, the central bank and indeed the century initiative to name but a few examples. It is therefore with a heavy but proud heart that I call for the next elections to begin and for a new secretary-general to be chosen, may heaven smile upon Iteria and this league now and forever"

flag_-_2022-10-24T043420.2062.png

Official Diplomatic Communication
People's Commissariat of Foreign Affairs and Relations
Commune of Diyar

Greetings! Honored friends and fellow nations,

Since the end of the Diyari Civil War in 1921 and the establishment of the communal people's government, it has been the hope and dream of the People of Diyar to see Iteria unified in peace and brotherhood. Iteria's history stretches back further and deeper than any other continent in the world. It is the belief of the Premier, the Chairwoman, her presidium of People's Commissars, as well as the elected delegates of the People's General Assembly that Diyar can find only benefits from joining the Iterian League—and that the Iterian League can find only benefits in allowing the Commune of Diyar to step up as a member of this Iterian peace and brotherhood of equal nations.

Therefore, on behalf of the Diyari proletariat, the Commune of Diyar would like to request ascendance into full membership within the Iterian League.

Hekar Ardelan
People's Commissar of Foreign Affairs and Relations
Commune of Diyar

Back