RolePlay Moderator
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Everything Robespierre said here remains true.

I quote the relevant law to make the topic longer, not because I don't think you'll click the link and see all the reasons why Boston Castle should be granted this exemption:
9. Non-citizen residents may only be exempted from the requirement to maintain citizenship while a government official if they have maintained continuous residency for at least 6 months and have previously applied for citizenship, and they may not be appointed to any office charged with the region’s foreign or military affairs.
10. Exemptions to the requirement to maintain citizenship while a government official will only apply to the specific office to which the non-citizen resident is appointed, and not to subsequent appointments to the same office.

I very much want to find a way to allow BC to gain citizenship, so this term I will seek discussions with Admin and other stakeholders on what could be done to reform our citizenship application process. But that's for another topic and another day.

I think Boston deserves a fair shake at the job and so I ask the Regional Assembly to support the following motion:
The Regional Assembly exempts Boston Castle from the citizenship requirements to serve as Minister of World Assembly Affairs.

No objections from me. Boston has shown to be an exemplary minister and I believe that they will continue to be one.

Last edited:
Let's get this over with.

I'm normally not a fan of simply rubber-stamping whatever a Delegate wants, but we saw nothing from Boston Castle that would be a cause for concern.

As such, I motion for a vote.

This should be fun...

While I don’t remember what that time is, I also suggest (but not motion or such) that the minimum amount of time allowed for voting be used, in consideration of the fact that we approved this exception initially not very long ago already.

We have no Speaker at the moment. So… what happens here with this?

EDIT: Unless East is still considered to be our Speaker until a new one is elected and takes their oath of office, as the government registry reflects is the case

Last edited:
I believe East Isles is still speaker until a final result is declared in the election. If RON had not achieved a majority, then yes, East Isles' term would have ended. Also, we have a provision in the RA rules for when there is no speaker.
3. When there is a vacancy or absence in the position of Speaker, the Deputy Speaker will assume the powers and duties of the office of the Speaker for the duration of the vacancy or absence, respectively. When there is simultaneously a vacancy or absence in the positions of Speaker and Deputy Speaker is simultaneously vacant, the citizen who is available, has the longest period of citizenship, does not decline the position, and is not otherwise prohibited by law will assume the powers and duties of the office of the Speaker for the duration of the simultaneous vacancy or absence.
It would go to Esplandia, who would probably decline it, and then to GBM, who probably wouldn't.

Last edited:
Is this R4E being filed on the basis that it constitutes a "subsequent appointment[] to the same office" that Boston Castle was appointed to as a result of Robespierre's R4E (the Ministry for WA Affairs)?

Let's get this over with.

I'm normally not a fan of simply rubber-stamping whatever a Delegate wants, but we saw nothing from Boston Castle that would be a cause for concern.

As such, I motion for a vote.

This should be fun...

I second the motion for a vote.

I’ll third the motion. I’m new to TNP politics but I trust our new Delegate’s judgement!

Fourth the motion, get on with it

I fifth the motion :p
My apologies for the delay. This will go to vote in 1 hour. Given the recency with which Boston was previously approved, the vote will last for 3 days.

Last edited:
Is this R4E being filed on the basis that it constitutes a "subsequent appointment[] to the same office" that Boston Castle was appointed to as a result of Robespierre's R4E (the Ministry for WA Affairs)?
Yes. The exemption lasts only for the term of office it was requested. It must be renewed essentially.

I assume this is why you voted against this. Now that I have answered your question, I hope you have all the information you need to make a fully informed and sensible decision.

Back