Lord Dominator (LRW) for Vice Delegate

Lord Dominator

Citizen
-
-
Hello TNP

Wisely or not, I have decided to run for Vice Delegate, and hope you will consider the following campaign (and forgive me for my brief style of writing:

Campaign Specifics:

Core Responsibilities:
1. Endorsement trading - I am fully capable of doing so, and am capable of doing so a minimum of once a day (more likely multiple times) for the foreseeable future
2. Maintenance of Delegate and Security Council endorsements - while I am unfamiliar with the TNP-specific tools used beyond reminders, I believe that between a smidge of advice from others and my own quick learning, I will be able to pick up and preform the necessary tasks fairly rapidly.
3. Delegate Transition - As of yet, none of the delegate candidates are the sitting one, and a transition will be needed. How much effort will be required depends on the winner, but I look forward to the effort. However, the ongoing WA decline/slowdown will likely make this more difficult than in the past, but I promise that I will bring my best efforts to the table.
4. Citizenship checks - I foresee no problems preforming these checks quickly and efficiently. I have done them both here (as a Deputy Speaker) and in others (mainly TBH), and will only need to quickly catch up on which specific things the VD checks for here compared to others to reach maximum efficiency.
5. Declassification - I expect no significant difficulties in doing these, and will do them in a timely manner.
6. SC Votes - These and their discussions I expect will hold no real problems for me to manage.

Other Responsibilities:
1. Weekly reports - I will continue these, and if not unduly difficult would like to add brief comparisons to the other Feeders (since they are our best point of comparison).
2. RMB - I usually read most of the RMB at a given time, and am in general active on it (at least with likes).
3. I plan to continue Cretox's VD initiative regarding new citizens to the best of my ability
4. Many of Cretox's plans from last term do not appear to have been fully implemented due to their disappearance, and I plan to continue the appropriate work on them (most especially to my mind, the unendorsement function)
5. Much like MJ, I wish to review all the tech we're based on, due to its critical importance. Ideally, everything is fine, but I would like to ensure we at least have backup plans should things fail/go offline.

Other Notes:

Experience:
I am not and have not been a Security Councilor here, nor anywhere else. I have significant experience managing raid occupations with many of the same goals and (simpler) methods to here which I believe will at least partially carryover. However, I am aware this isn't certain, nor is touting my raid experience perhaps the best method to get elected. On the less controversial side, during Anarchy week in Lazarus a couple years back, I successfully maintained one of the top WA counts in the region (highest without foreign piler support) throughout the week entirely on a no-tools experience. Similarly, my entire tarting so far in TNP has been done only with the site itself.

The Future:
While I do not believe the proposed Frontier/Stronghold changes will happen during this term or any upcoming one (due to the presumed technical complexity), I stand ready to deal with the fallout and the probable halving of our population should that occur. In the immediate term, while I have no fix-all solutions to the ongoing WA decline, I do promise that I intend to give it my best effort to at least stall it.

Cons:
I would be remiss to not note that my new TNP nation moved in yesterday, and I started tarting at the same time. This means that any transition involving me will probably take somewhat longer, and my influence would remain below the rest of the SC throughout (by my math) the entire upcoming term. Do with this knowledge as you will. Additionally, I am aware that my initial tarting tg yesterday was a mass one sent with stamps, that was purely an efficiency concern rather than my regular method.

Why do I wake up in the morning?
The biological functions of your body prevent you from sleeping more than what it deems an okay amount of time.
Why there is school in the morning??
The government, having determined that vaguely educated citizens is a good thing has made schooling mandatory. As the amount of knowledge is appreciable & no one wants to go to school at night or late into the night, starting in relative morning has been deemed a better option.

Last edited:
The biological functions of your body prevent you from sleeping more than what it deems an okay amount of time.

The governmen, having determined that vaguely educated citizens is a good thing has made schooling mandatory. As the amount of knowledge is appreciable & no one wants to go to school at night or late into the night, starting in relative morning has been deemed a better option.
Still I thinks going school in afternoon and coming back in evening is better....

Other things...In first line government spelling is wrong.

Do you think your current amount of endorsements will be a challenge, and how will you overcome this? I remember when @Robespierre was elected Vice Delegate and struggled mightily through his term to get up to that second place spot, and that was when our tools were actually functioning. I think your campaign is rather solid but your endorsement level is a little concerning since after around 400 or so it becomes a real challenge to pick up additional endorsements.

Do you think your current amount of endorsements will be a challenge, and how will you overcome this? I remember when @Robespierre was elected Vice Delegate and struggled mightily through his term to get up to that second place spot, and that was when our tools were actually functioning. I think your campaign is rather solid but your endorsement level is a little concerning since after around 400 or so it becomes a real challenge to pick up additional endorsements.
I do think it will have been a challenge, and that it would have been one still if I’d started when I first thought of running in this election two weeks ago. Obviously part of that will always be regular tarting (I’ve been musing a bit on my setup so I can have reasonable all-day coverage), since that will always be the most important part. In terms of those who don’t respond for whatever reason to that, I can’t say at this point - largely because I don’t yet which difficulties will be present (most notably the general WA decline, which makes all things growth that much harder). I know this is not the most satisfying of answers, but it is the best of what I have right now.

Since I haven’t had many questions asked of me yet…

Who Are You?
I am Lord Dominator (typically LD, less frequently Dom), a citizen of TNP of TNP for the last couple years (discounting small breaks). During that time I have served as Justice several times, in the WA Ministry in general, and as a joke candidate on multiple elections. Outside of TNP, I’ve done WA stuff in Osiris, Lazarus, and TEP, held various posts in Forest, and been a member of TBH’s ruling Council of Hawks for nearly two years prior to leaving (after nearly two years as a regular member).

Is This a Joke Campaign?
No

Why Are You Running Then?
I think I’m capable of serving as Vice Delegate and have a desire to do so.

Aren’t You a Raider?
Yes, more or less. In recent months I’ve found myself identifying with Imperialism (a subset of Independence) more, given the focus on R/D and FA as a tool of somewhat aggressive foreign policy. That said, for practical purposes right now I’m a raider willing to be independent at times.

Are You Going to Coup?
No

What Do You Being to the Table?
Honestly, probably more than any other (serious) candidate for VD. While I’ve mentioned my significant experience in raid occupation management possibly crossing over, that honestly mostly would be relevant in a very unlikely anti-coup situation. That said, like anyone, I do still bring dedication and willingness to serve, as well as quick learning.

Are You Concerned About Your Endorsement Count?
Yes and No. I do think it’ll cause a longer transition (for me), but I don’t believe it would cause significant issues outside of that. Otherwise, see my answer to Rom above.

Will You Be Making Significant Changes to the Office?
No. As far as I’ve seen, everything goes well regardless, so any changes I make would be small and are largely detailed in my initial campaign post.

what do you plan to do about the rising threat of the TNP revolution and are you scared about their frighteningly high member count of 11

4. Many of Cretox's plans from last term do not appear to have been fully implemented due to their disappearance, and I plan to continue the appropriate work on them (most especially to my mind, the unendorsement function)
For those of us who prefer to hear from the candidate themselves, can you elaborate on what you will be working on?

Kasto's platform has a substantial focus on community relations. Do you agree with the points he laid out in that section, and if so, what are your plans in this area?

what do you plan to do about the rising threat of the TNP revolution and are you scared about their frighteningly high member count of 11
I intend to make them fear me
For those of us who prefer to hear from the candidate themselves, can you elaborate on what you will be working on?

Kasto's platform has a substantial focus on community relations. Do you agree with the points he laid out in that section, and if so, what are your plans in this area?
Regarding Cretox’s prior plans that don’t seem to have come about fully about, the advanced tarting guide I believe needs to be completed. Additionally, their last campaign made mention of creatimg/improving the WADP sheet with an unendorsement functionality, which doesn’t appear to have been done. Of my own unique initiative, I would like to add comparisons to other Feeders/their security apparatus to our weekly stats for comparison. Otherwise, I intend to work on the various things that are mandatory or that have proven themselves to be useful (in particular the VD mentoring bit).

I believe Kasto makes good points about community relations, and would similarly wish for SCers (and the citizenry in genera) to participate in the RMB, or at least look at it. I personally make an effort to engage at least a little bit (by necessity of my work schedule & the post frequency I am unable to participate as a full conversation member, but I try to be there). Similarly, I believe I will make an effort to make notices of the appropriate VD/SC activity on there (even if it is likely to be buried).

I forgot this a moment ago in terms of changes, bit if elected I do plan to work with the regular government to see about possibly posting some form of the VD report to our Gameplay thread as a means of free bumps - my thoughts at present needing refining on matters of frequency and content.

Can we trust that you will not vacate Office?
Yes. My prior issues with maintaining citizenship were issues of forgetting either to log into my TNP nation (I now use my main here + need to regularly tart) or into the forum (I’ve made an effort to be better about posting and such, as well as the office requirements would mandate regular posting).

Yes. My prior issues with maintaining citizenship were issues of forgetting either to log into my TNP nation (I now use my main here + need to regularly tart) or into the forum (I’ve made an effort to be better about posting and such, as well as the office requirements would mandate regular posting).
"a full commitment's what i'm thinking of"

Thank you and good luck!

I'm curious about a few points.

What value do we get from comparing data from the other GCRs in our weekly reports, and given how dramatically different their endorsement policies are, how would that data actually be useful a far as using the reports to determine our progress?

What tech exactly are you thinking of for your role as VD? Is this about the WADP, or were you thinking of something else? I am not sure how a tech review is really applicable to your work as VD.

I'm not sure I am following what you think the value is with the raiding experience in this role. You suggested anti-couping utility, I assume as it relates to piling, but I don't think it's super applicable to this job. Am I missing something here?

Cretox had...a super big platform. Is the only piece of it you specifically mentioned the only thing you plan to pursue, or were there others? Considering you also said you don't think you have to change much, I'm guessing you already identified the things you would be further developing?

You have acknowledged that you just moved your main nation here and got citizenship. This is, from how you're putting it, the most serious you have ever been in having a role in TNP (though you have been a justice before). Since that's the case, one could observe that you leaped right into one of the hardest jobs rather than further building that serious career in the region. I would not be so quick to say that, because I know you have executive experience to some extent. Could you elaborate on that, and how it would be useful in this role?

My intention with the Feeder comparison stats would be for instances like right now were there’s a general WA decline and we say so, but don’t actually reference other regions to tell if we’re doing better or worse than others (I suspect better). Other than that, it’s honestly a bit of a “continue proving our superiority”

The tech review bit was principally instigated in one of the VD reports that said that a tg wasn’t working properly - other than that, I don’t entirely know all the tech bits in use (having not been been VD or SC), so if it is mainly the WADP sheet it’ll be quick :p

I mentioned principally in the anti-couping role, other than that it really isn’t generally applicable (though I will elaborate a bit on it in the last section) - I thought I had said so, perhaps I was not clear enough.

The parts I’ve mentioned from his platforms are the ones that both stuck out to me & that the VD reports indicated hadn’t happened yet. I said I didn’t feel a need to change much, as from where I am the ideal VD seems largely looks to be “keep doing what Cretox did.” Outside of my few ideas mentioned around this thread, I intend to basically finis what they started (both the bits I already said and the ones there aren’t any reason to do).

Okay, executive experience - I’m not at all new to running anything, my main nation moving here really only changes that I now post on this RMB and tart here (rather than in Forest). This would be the most serious/highest role I’ve had in TNP to date - but I have been Justice previously and hung around the WA ministry for discussions & IFV writing, as well a a brief stint as Deputy Speaker. Elsewhere my principal executive experience would be TBH Council (which is probably closer to Cabinet or Delegate here) for a couple years - however as a part of that I was largely the person keeping track of endorsements in occupations, trying to make sure that our delegate stayed in position (or at least that a person of our choice would be in position, when defenders started trying to change them). This isn’t completely transferable here of course (we don’t usually have people trying to maliciously gain the delegacy & the margins are a lot more forgiving) but it is experience, same as the general Council is for executive.

Back