-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Section 9.1 of the Legal Code shall be amended as follows:

3. The Arms are blazoned as: Barry wavy of four argent and azure, on a chief azure the North Star or and argent, the shield ensigned with a Mural Crown or.
4. Each institution in The North Pacific's government may establish for itself a seal which uses the arms of The North Pacific.
5. The Coat of Arms of The North Pacific may not be used except to represent The North Pacific or an official regional entity.
6. The following flag, as designed by ThelDRan and updated and improved by the Ministry of Culture of The North Pacific is adopted as the official flag of The North Pacific:

IN6hQdA.jpg

Full support. Up with the deep-fried.

Why no annotated version though?

Last edited:
I maintain the position that the deep fried flag is an abomination and ought to be abolished

I do like Fiji’s proposed submission, however... :P

I always love it when we use the RA as a means to meme. It shows just how classy TNP is.
Sorry, I'm going to drop the whole "this is actually happening" character here just to ask a question. What the hell are you doing?

This is clearly, quite clearly, like explicitly clearly, part of our Flag Day celebrations. It's been mentioned in several places, including in the Culture Headquarters, which as a culture staffer, you can see, that all of this is just for Flag Day and it wouldn't ever go to vote.

Not everything has to be so serious all of the time Wonderess. Stuff like this is meant to be fun, so when you come barreling in like this, clearly missing the point and clearly being such a good member of the ministry that you don't even know what's going on - kudos for that, btw - it does make me wonder why we even bother trying to run fun things and events.

Lighten the hell up, just for once.

Edited at Admin's request.

Last edited:
A very sensible proposal
With the introduction of this Act, I feel there is now an urgent need to spruce up our Coat of Arms as well

Looking at the flag for months, don't know why we took this long to do this. Full Suppport!

Culture is our most important ministry. Everything else exists so we can have it. Weird ideas are its lifeblood.
That being said, I can't even look at that stupid flag. As Robes said, it is an abomination.

Last edited:
The only reasonable option is to burn the Culture Ministry to the ground!
Are you suggesting we deep fry the Culture Ministry?
Abolish MiniCult. TNP doesn't need to be cultured
Booooooo.
Culture is our most important ministry. Everything else exists so we can have it. Weird ideas are its lifeblood.
That being said, I can't even look at that stupid flag. As Robes said, it is an abomination.
I knew you were my favourite admin.

Are you suggesting we deep fry the Culture Ministry?
As long as it destroys all the copies of the Deep Fried Flag, which based on excellent intelligence I know the blueprints for it are stored in the Ministers Personal Office! Under the stacks of Theme Thursday Ideas and piles of salt.

Don't come at me just because I'm consistent. I'm all for having fun in non formal areas of the region. As for being in the ministry, all I see is the culture channel in the government Discord server where really nothing ever happens. So you must be making ministry decisions elsewhere outside of my viewing.

Don't come at me just because I'm consistent. I'm all for having fun in non formal areas of the region. As for being in the ministry, all I see is the culture channel in the government Discord server where really nothing ever happens. So you must be making ministry decisions elsewhere outside of my viewing.
There is a culture headquarters subforum on this forum that you can see. If you needed masking on the government server for culture, you should've asked, like you're supposed to and are directed to in that server. This seems like a massive failing on your part.

Sorry, I'm going to drop the whole "this is actually happening" character here just to ask a question. What the fuck are you doing?

This is clearly, quite clearly, like explicitly clearly, part of our Flag Day celebrations. It's been mentioned in several places, including in the Culture Headquarters, which as a culture staffer, you can fucking see, that all of this is just for Flag Day and it wouldn't ever go to vote.

Not everything has to be so serious all of the time Wonderess. Stuff like this is meant to be fun, so when you come barreling in like this, clearly missing the point and clearly being such a good member of the ministry that you don't even fucking know what's going on - kudos for that, btw - it does make me wonder why we even fucking bother trying to run fun things and events.

Lighten the fuck up, just for once.
Joke or not, if it gets voted through, it becomes our reality. I would personally prefer to live in a region in which I am proud to fly its flag. Such would not be the case with this abomination. And further, I think it's quite cultured to see so many ardent supporters of our true flag voice their opinions. Rather than quibbling about our participation and snapping at those with whom you disagree, shouldn't we all be focused on what Flag Day is really about? That being - coming together as a region to honor the symbol of our democracy?

Rather than quibbling about our participation and snapping at those with whom you disagree, shouldn't we all be focused on what Flag Day is really about? That being - coming together as a region to honor the symbol of our democracy?
Disagreement I'm fine with. Disengagement of a culture staffer who should be checking culture HQ and should be making sure they're masked on the government discord is not acceptable and nothing I have said to Wonderess is out of line in that regard.

As for 'coming together as a region to honor the symbol of our democracy' well that's entirely what this event was about. And as a group, most people have engaged with it, aside from a few inactive culture staffers who should know better. Maybe they need to jump on the train the rest of us are riding, rather than quibbling about the event?

We got some boomers in this thread or what lmao

Full support, let's get this bread gamers

Yes, Syr, we have some bona fide boomers in this thread. And a common theme of boomerersque behavior is our failure to understand the new. So I would be happy to be enlightened. Please explain to us the significance of the symbolism contained in the deep fried version. In what ways is it emblematic of our history, our direction, and what we stand for? Why does it look like someone was having too much fun with Paint?

Oh, even I could answer that one, GBM. It's symbolic of the younger generation of NationStates players that we have today and their vision of a place where the last remnants of the old republic have been swept away. This younger generation is well entrenched in internet memes, and its one of their outlets for having fun, especially now in this pandemic age. I'll tell you, though, some of us old timers are not lost with regards to memes. Anyone remember YTMND?

Either all that or just... "lol, internet".

Yes, Syr, we have some bona fide boomers in this thread. And a common theme of boomerersque behavior is our failure to understand the new. So I would be happy to be enlightened. Please explain to us the significance of the symbolism contained in the deep fried version. In what ways is it emblematic of our history, our direction, and what we stand for? Why does it look like someone was having too much fun with Paint?
I am so glad you asked!

I am more than happy to explain the symbolism attached to the new flag. The first item I'll draw your attention to is the background, TNPs old flag. This is emblematic of our history and recognizes our previous flag. The tongue out refers to our thirst for knowledge, it also refers to the general level of thirst in this region. The fire emoji symbolizes how we are all hot. The drops of what looks like water symbolizes something which I should not talk about in this venue. The smiling imp symbolizes the unexplainable habit for people in this region to make kinky comments. The 100 refers to this region's drive for perfection and the muscle symbolizes the strength of the NPA led by the brave Nim. The numerous dabbing emojis illustrate how we are constantly victorious. The B refers to me, there was no P available to stand for Praetor so the B from Praebae was used. The ok hand symbol means that this flag is ok. The thinking emoji demonstrates how this region stands for making good decisions (such as adopting this flag). The laughing with tears emoji, the weary emoji, and the flushed emoji illustrates this region's collective reaction to whenever Wondo says something.

I hope this helps and we look forward to your support!

I am so glad you asked!

I am more than happy to explain the symbolism attached to the new flag. The first item I'll draw your attention to is the background, TNPs old flag. This is emblematic of our history and recognizes our previous flag. The tongue out refers to our thirst for knowledge, it also refers to the general level of thirst in this region. The fire emoji symbolizes how we are all hot. The drops of what looks like water symbolizes something which I should not talk about in this venue. The smiling imp symbolizes the unexplainable habit for people in this region to make kinky comments. The 100 refers to this region's drive for perfection and the muscle symbolizes the strength of the NPA led by the brave Nim. The numerous dabbing emojis illustrate how we are constantly victorious. The B refers to me, there was no P available to stand for Praetor so the B from Praebae was used. The ok hand symbol means that this flag is ok. The thinking emoji demonstrates how this region stands for making good decisions (such as adopting this flag). The laughing with tears emoji, the weary emoji, and the flushed emoji illustrates this region's collective reaction to whenever Wondo says something.

If anything, I think this explanation made me hate it even more XD

I am so glad you asked!

This explanation made me like the flag less :rofl:

Back