Hulldom
Discord
seathestarlesssky
ga.jpg

Repeal: “On Abortion”
Category: Repeal | GA #128
Proposed by: Wallenburg | Onsite Topic
Replacement: None​

General Assembly Resolution #128 “On Abortion” (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Unequivocally celebrating the commitment of this body to reproductive rights,

Determined to further this goal by the removal of laws which hinder the access patients have to reproductive care,

Noting that GAR #128 requires all abortion physicians to meet the same qualifications as surgeons and receive a degree of training equitable to that of surgeons, despite the vast majority of abortions not requiring any surgery,

Also noting that GAR #128 allows physicians to neglect their professional duties out of moral objection to abortion, a privilege not guaranteed concerning any other medical procedure,

Concerned that these terms obstruct the ability of pregnant individuals to access the reproductive care guaranteed to them under World Assembly law,

Confident that the political will of member nations and resolutions GAR #29 "Patient's Rights Act", GAR #286 "Reproductive Freedoms", GAR #499 "Access to Abortion", and GAR #523 "Patient Travel Freedoms" provide for the guarantee of reproductive freedom to all individuals under the jurisdiction of member states,

Resolved that the duplicate protections in GAR #128 do not outweigh the compromises it makes to the opponents of reproductive freedoms,

The World Assembly hereby repeals GAR #128 "On Abortion".
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD]For[/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]25[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR]

Repeal: "On Abortion" has passed 12,186 (87.1%) to 1,806 (12.9%).

Last edited:
IFV

Overview
This proposal seeks to repeal GAR #128 “On Abortion” for a variety of reasons. The author cites the double standard required by the original act in terms of qualifications to carry out an abortion as a reason for repeal. Secondly, this proposal notes that philosophical objectors to abortion are given the right to “opt out” of performing the procedure, something which they argue is a tremendous and hypocritical privilege for those doctors. Finally, they cite further action by the General Assembly which has codified a women’s right to access reproductive healthcare as a reason to wipe GAR #128 off the books.

Recommendation
We are convinced that this proposal will do an exceptional amount of good when it comes to ensuring that the freedom to access the most intimate forms of health care is upheld for future generations to come. There is no doubt that one way to do so is to ensure that all forms of reproductive health care are safely covered into perpetuity. For those reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For the General Assembly Resolution at vote, “Repeal: “On Abortion””.

Last edited:
Your on-site topic is an old NSG thread. Perhaps you are looking for this?

For
Don't know exactly what happened with that. I'd copied it directly using the Copy Link thing on my iPhone.

Thanks for alerting me to it! It's fixed now.

Extremely well reasoned from Wally, as always. Voting For this too because this is the approximate amount of sass I want in a Repeal.

This proposal has achieved the necessary approvals to enter the formal queue. Assuming it is not withdrawn or ruled illegal, it will go up for a vote at next Thursday's Major Update.

For. I also support retrospective abortions (i.e., "capital punishment" as well).Given the strong pro choice base but the (somewhat also quite strong) anti capital punishment brigade, I am starting to grasp the political leanings of the voters here.

For. I also support retrospective abortions (i.e., "capital punishment" as well).Given the strong pro choice base but the (somewhat also quite strong) anti capital punishment brigade, I am starting to grasp the political leanings of the voters here.
NS does tend to have a left-wing libertarian skew in it’s membership.

Bit late to the floor, but
For.

Comrades posses the sole right to what happens to the unborn.
As unauthorized biological reproduction is unlawful The State recommends abortions otherwise the newborn is immediately seized by The State.
Aborted or not, both parents are fined for negligence of the no-bio-child law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back