Status
Not open for further replies.

Pallaith

TNPer
-
-
-
-
VKAxt7vS-QZnJFhOG-4orIWTDMxjV-CcqNzGoNqgoXthUMxHPoAbPUE1w8D85CuSR5nDi1gt4WsahLkhx-n9Seuf2sb2f4vk1ibOzVjZj1r32AvICXOHU-gP4Eq0VnFSC9uU-HU_

August Report
August 2, 2020

Didn’t we just do one of these? All the same, we’ve been chugging along quite nicely. Since I last reported on our progress, we had a vacancy to fill, and we filled it. I brought on @Cretox State to fill Pierce’s position, while bringing on @Dar Es Saalam to establish our maintenance for the World Factbook. And we do need regular maintenance, because this month saw our biggest strides in the World Factbook yet. We have finally published the entries for Spiritus, Gay, South Pacific, Lone Wolves United, and The Land of Kings and Emperors, along with The West Pacific, Nationstates, and Taijitu. With our list of regions growing so rapidly, making sure the information is consistently and regularly updated will be crucial, and it is my hope that this will become a commonplace activity along with the other regular rounds our ambassadors take when performing their duties. With Dar’s help we will be pioneering a new pattern of behavior that will hopefully become a staple of our diplomatic protocol. But I would be remiss if I did not thank @Owenstacey once again for managing such a big project, and one that has persisted for most of this year and will continue to be a work of progress in the months to come. There’s a lot of organizational, coding, and timing issues that make this a sometimes difficult task, and he’s managed to keep it going in spite of them all. I hope this becomes easier as we run out of regions and get better at keeping track of them, but he’s really paved the way for everyone in the staff and ministers yet to come.

The following are the new appointments that have been made since the last report:

@SCP Faudation was appointed to Canada (replacing Javas), before being replaced by TBA
@Vivanco was appointed to The East Pacific (replacing Chinar)
@BluieGamer was appointed to Europeia (replacing Vivanco)
@Aexo was appointed to The Allied Republic (replacing Armandlandia)
@Alexander J. Farson was appointed to Greater Dienstad, before resigning, replacement TBA
@makris was appointed to The Land of Kings and Emperors (replacing Miravana)
@Armandlandia was appointed to United Kingdom (replacing Haven)
@Cosmosplosion was appointed to IDU

The ministry has updated our roster of diplomats, dismissing those who have since left the region or the game, and accepted 8 newcomers to our staff: Cosmosplosion (assigned), BluieGamer (assigned).

Unfortunately, I have nothing new to add about the UCR Outreach Program. We may have to take another approach. I’m considering focusing more on offering support to promising authors and using that as a bridge to stronger and deeper WA relationships. Might be easier to find potential partners and concrete things for us to do with them that way. Once again, if anyone is interested in assisting with this, whether you are currently part of the FA staff or not, you can reach TlomzKrano on the forum or Tlomz#1590 on Discord.

We have one full month left to go this term, and I am confident we will continue to see more of the same progress on these projects by the time I write another one of these reports. I continue to be pleased with the excitement and the interest players are showing in this work, and will happily continue to bring them aboard. Diplomacy is an art and it’s too rare to find people both well-suited for it and engaged in it. TNP is fortunate to have so many people like that willing to step up. Your attention to detail, your commitment to putting out a good product, and the standards you hold yourselves to are inspiring and we’re lucky you’re here. For those still figuring things out, thank you for making the effort, and keep working on it, because without you, we really can’t make this work. All the information in the world would go to waste without people to collect and share it. All the well-wishing in the world does no one any good if no one is there to spread it. You are the face of TNP to the world for many players, and I am proud that so many others get to know these different sides of us as we show them our talents, our triumphs, and the lessons we learn as we play this crazy game together. Thank you, for what you have done so far and what you will do this month and all the months to come.

-Pallaith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back