Pan-Gotic Union

"The Kingdom of Prydania has no objections to the Cimmerian application. Cimmeria has, since the end of the Crown Conflict, committed itself to correcting its mistakes on the international stage. We owe them a debt of gratitude ourselves. We will support their application."

"Cimmeria has long been a close ally of Essalanea, we can vouch for their worth and noble intentions, we among the clans support Cimmerian admission into the PGU"

"If there are no further comments, we will move to a vote on the matter. Thank you for speaking."

Code:
[b]VOTE:[/b]

Nation:

[b]Admit Cimmeria as a PGU member?[/b]

<YES> <NO> <ABSTAIN>

Last edited:
VOTE:

Nation: Prydania

Admit Cimmeria as a PGU member?

<YES>

"The vote has succeeded in favor of their admittance. We welcome the Imperial Federation of Cimmeria and their representatives into the Pan-Gotic Union, bringing our total member count to 14." Gvyn Janusson said rather plainly.

A young woman enters the meeting chamber of the PGU. Wearing a very vibrant red overcoat, stilettos (that you can hear a mile away), and a small black purse with a manilla envelope poking out of said purse.

NkHHKGh.jpg

"I stand here on direct orders from Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Anastasia of Anturar and President Melody Grant. The United Government of the Empire of Anturar hereby submits our application to join the Pan-Gotic Union and ascend to the ranks as a full voting member. We believe joining this exalted union will help us strengthen ties between nations in the region. 23% of Anturar's population identifies as having Gotic heritage, bringing that to approximately 32 million citizens. We stand ready to join the international community and become a strong international force. Should there be any questions regarding our application, I will answer them to the best of my ability. I have with me a basic knowledge form which I will pass out."

She reaches into her purse and obtains said file and passes it throughout the chamber.

Official Name of Applicant: The Empire of Anturar

Capital City: Vostin

Population: 139,981,968 Anturarians

GDP (in Notes): η 6.89 trillion AN

Per Capita income: 49,251 AN

Government Contact: Claire Underwood, Secretary of the State, Empire of Anturar

E8rpGZR.png

Olivia Pope

Chief of Staff for President Melody Grant

Empire of Anturar

Last edited:
Årnad stood.

"While it is great to see interest in our Union, may I note Section 5.1 of the PGU constitution." Årnad flipped to a page in a pocket sized book and began to read.

"A nation is eligible to apply to the PGU as a full member on the basis that at least two thirds of their population is of Gotic descent, or originally had a Gotic-based culture."

He put the small book down. "It is clear that Anturar has made a clerical error in its petition for membership. As such, I motion the council to amend this to an observer application."

Last edited:
To the nations of the Pan Gotic Union

"The Royal Federation of Hessunland humbly submits an application to join the assembled states of the PGU as a full member. We have worked hard over the last 30 years to build a new nation that has abandoned the corrupt and hateful legacy of Gottia. Now as we stand at the dawn of a new decade we are seeking to join the wider community as an active and contributing member of the wider international community, we await your response with eagerness and sincerity"

Marie Linz
Prime Minister of Hessunland

Last edited:
Løfgren grabbed his mic to pull it closer.

"The Federation of Yalkan would support this entry to our Union. Their history is steeped in blood, however this would be a prime opportunity to use our combined might to bring our brothers into the modern world. Let the past die."

Ambassador Aartsen spoke next.

"We concur with the honorable delegation from Yalkan on this matter. The Vallish Republic supports Hessunland's entry into this body."

Pourtalès cleared his throat and began to speak.

“We support Hussunland’s application into the Union. They have worked hard to restore their image since the Gotmark War. This would be a great step in bringing them into the fold,” said he.

Last edited:
Ernst began to speak; although it was not related to the Hessunland discussion, he believed the matter to be of pressing importance.

“The situation in the Vestrugat is something that I think urgently needs to be addressed,” he said, turning towards the Vestrugatian delegation. “Presently, I believe that the best action for this Union to take to address the crisis would be to sanction Kaludgar. I also believe that the PGU should offer some form of humanitarian or diplomatic aid to the Vestrugat Federation following the tragic assassination of Emperor Sherwin.”

"Firstly, I must make clear the condolences of my country, her government, and all her people to the Vestrugat, especially its imperial family." Sylvi added. "Assassination is a barbaric, treacherous, and unforgivable act, and Sherwin V was a great man, who gave all he had for his country; a model for us all."

"That being said, Valland fully supports these proposed measures, provided the Vestrugatten delegation consents to them. Especially in these uncertain times, it is important that the way this union contributes is in line with any form of support the IVF may request. We therefore ask the delegation of the Vestrugat to speak on these matters and confirm whether these measures would be sufficient."

Wuxcvs5.png

ALLIARONIEN UTENRIKSMINISTERIUM
FRIEGÖNDT, VARNIGTES KÖNGERICH VEN ALLIARONIEN

KARL FREYDRIJK HORZST
UTENRIKSMINISTER

HAERMANN XI
KÖNGE VEN ALLIARONIEN

HANS WIEZSEL-MÖRGER
STAATSMINISTER
Addressed to the Nations and the Plenipotentiaries of the Pan-Gotic Union:

The United Kingdom of Alliaronia wishes to submit an application of being a full member of the Pan-Gotic Union. Throughout the history of Alliaronia, we have been colonized and have been formerly parts of our fellow Gotic nations back in their maximum extent, preferably that of Goyanes and Valland. Their cultures have greatly influenced us, and are the main foundations of the modern day Allian state. Through our submission, we made our own culture, our own language, and our own nation, while respecting their cultures and customs that we continue to apply today.

I have also read the clauses of the PGU, and with the consent of our King, His Royal Highness Hærmann XI, we are willing to abide by these rules, and wish to open a broader outlook and relations with our fellow Gothis states and other members of the Union with Gotic heritage.

The United Kingdom and its people hopes that our application will be approved.

Karl Freydrijk Horzst
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Alliaronia

Hærmann XI
King of Alliaronia

Hans Wiezsel-Mörger
Prime Minister of Alliaronia

Xentherida would like to motion for the suspension of Andrenne's membership under Article 4, Section 3 of the PGU's constitution. Their continued bombardment on the Duchrijekan city of Kosada, along with their aggressive rhetoric and recent evictions of almost every single embassy has proven that they are no longer justified in continuing waging their war with their southern neighbour.

Additionally, with the Andrennian speaker having been fired by their government and now notably absent from this meeting, I would like to inform the Union that our current Speaker is the representative for Prydania, Ronnie Frost.

"It should be noted," Sylvi added, "that Valland supports the admission of the United Kingdom of Alliaronia, as they are a dear friend to our country. In these uncertain times, more strength in numbers for this Union is paramount."

Sylvi paused. There was an elephant in the room. "On that note, Valland seconds the motion proposed by Xentherida. Whilst these circumstances are unfortunate, Andrenne has without a doubt erased decades of democratic, peaceful progress. They have made themselves a pariah, engaging in a flippant disregard for diplomacy and for human life. Valland knows, firsthand, what happens when Andrennians go off the deep end. We felt their bullets and the steel bars of their cages. Another Imperyk must never happen again. Andrenne must be punished and laid low before an international community united against it, and that starts here."

Mr. Løfgren sat up a bit straighter to talk into his mic. "It is unfortunate the actions the King of Andrenne has taken. However, I highly doubt this represents the majority of the Andrennian people. Since our Andrennian brothers have taken leave of their representation in this union, we should not so hastily rush to isolate them further and give them no path of recourse. You would position them to resent us all. I do not believe that is what this union was founded to do."

Ronnie stood up from his desk and made his way to the empty Chancellor's desk at the head of the room. He walked with purpose and took a seat. He WAS the acting Chancellor, seeing as Gvyn Janusson was absent.

*ahem* he said firmly.

"Seein' as the Chancellor has been recalled, I will be assumin' the office until such time as Mr. Janusson returns to his post or fresh elections are called."
He looked around assertively, somehow his single eye not covered by a patch containing the powerful gaze of two eyes.
"Until such time, let me just say this. I saw a lot'a harshness in the Civil War back in Prydania. Lots of men who had to die in bad ways because that's just how it was. You all weren't there, but I was. I know the harshness of war..."
He paused for a moment to collect his thoughts.
"It's the opinion of this actin' Chancellorship that what happened at Kosada was a violation of even the loosest rules o'war. I did not come here to defend butchers. If anyone else has somethin' to say about this do so now, or forever hold yer peace."

Magnar stood no longer able to contain his anger

"Yes, I have something to bloody say!" He said slamming his fist on the table "Essalanea joined this disgrace of war to aid a brother nation that was in need, Andrenne took our goodwill and used to drag our honour into the mud!!! Our warriors did not enter Ducrijecka to aid in the killing of innocents but thanks to Andrenne we are now complicit in their vileness. They violated our trust and stained our honour, we will now work to cleanse that stain by aiding the people that Andrenne brutalises. But we cannot forget the slight done to us by those men of blood! The name Andrenne is muck to us! Essalanea supports all motions to remove their dishonour from this union!" Magnar said slamming his fist on the podium before sitting back down

"I don't think there is really too much to add that hasn't been stated," said Ernst. "But Highton supports the motion to suspend Andrenne from the Union. The actions taken by His Majesty's government are not what the PGU stands for and should not and cannot be tolerated without consequences."

Erich Müller, the man that was chosen the permanent Mintorian representative after it was temporarily held by the Foreign Minister, Friedrich von Pourtalès, began to speak:

“While the Realm sees the actions of the Andrennian military and the measures enacted by the Grand King of Andrenne as unsettling and cause for concern, it does not believe that this is a resurgence of another Valkyrist regime. What they are doing is merely a response to an attack that nearly crippled the functioning of their government and one that took more than a hundred lives. The fact that the Dučrijekan government denies that the attack was committed by terrorists from their own country, even going as far to purport that the Andrennians perpetrated the attack upon themselves is enough to further enrage them, inciting them to invade. We are of the opinion that this Union, by isolating Andrenne for what would be an understandable response, will accomplish nothing more than making them feel more resentment towards the global community, and is therefore not ideal.”

Müller finished what he had to say, and took a glass of water, taking a few sips before setting it down.

Last edited:
"I will not be lectured by Mintorians, who used stealth aircraft to attack a country that has no air force" Frost replied gruffly to the Mintorian representative.

"I am well well aware of my own government's failings in following Andrenne into this folly, Mr. Müller, but at least we had the decency to leave. And now your government, having aided, and continue to aid, Andrenne in this conflict wants to defend them in this chamber? Alright then."

He looked around at the assembled delegates.

"Ladies an' gentlemen, this isn't merely a social club for Gotic nations. It's not about blood. It can't be. No, it's supposed to stand for somethin' more. Principles of good governance, peace, common good. Nothin' the Kingdom of Andrenne did at Kosada follows those principals. Now look. I've fought alongside Andrennians during the Prydanian Civil War. Such blood split was why we went in the first place. Kosada wasn't about justice though. It was a blatant disregard for the lives of civilians! Is that what this Union condones? It will be unless we speak with certainly on this! So Mr. Müller, Mr. Løfgren I'd ask ya both to reconsider your stances."

Ronnie Frost turned to Mr. Årnad.
"You want a path for Andrenne to re-enter the PGU? I suggest the matter is as simple as a vote. We vote to suspend 'em now, and we vote to admit 'em again when they start to show some human fuckin' decency."

"Valland supports the motion!" Sylvi added strongly. "The Andrennians have failed themselves, Gothis, and the world. Let us punish them accordingly."

Last edited:
Code:
[b]Vote to Suspend the Kingdom of Andrenne from the PGU
Nation:
Vote:[/b] < Yes | No | Abstain >

Back