-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
It's been a long wait, but I think I can say that it doth loom.

At some point fairly soon (perhaps shortly after elections conclude), the forum will have to go offline for at least 15 minutes for the upgrade to xenForo2. (15 minutes was how long it took to upgrade a copy of this forum). Let's be conservative, and say to expect an hour long downtime.

Before we can do this, we need to update our ad-hoc TNP skin to work on xenForo 2 and to make sure nothing obvious is more broken in the upgraded sandbox than it is currently in the actual forum.

We'll give some advance notice before the actual upgrade in this topic.

:tnp:A forum update? Well, this is exciting! Can't wait to see what the update has in store for us! :tnp:

I was also wondering this. Results for the election were a week ago and everything still looks the same. It definitely doesn’t look like what Europeia’s forum is like and I’m pretty sure they’re on X2.
Easiest way to tell would be an upgraded text box interface allowing easy table creation - we don't have that. :P

Reiterating what I said on Discord, here are my suggestions now that the forum is upgraded:

1. Bring back the Government and Laws tabs and other relevant tabs that were at the top of the forum and are now not.
2. Get rid of the social media stuff as TNP doesn't have any. (Though the Government could make a Twitter but that's up to them! :P)
3. Bring back the option to write posts on a full page, if possible. Before you could write posts on a small window at the bottom of the thread, or blow it up into its own post-writing page. The latter seems to have been removed.
4. Fix the forum's icon so it's the TNP arms again instead of the default piece of paper.
5. Make a header for the forum colored for and used in Dark Mode.
6. Optimize text coloration for both light and dark mode so it's always clearly seeable. (Page numbers and the yellow text of quote expansion prompts comes to mind among other things)
7. Fix the spacing on the left and right so that there's space between the "stuff" of the forum and the edge of the page. It's kinda hard to explain, so here's an image demonstrating an example. It applies to the whole forum, though; it's not just the home page; but that is where it's the most noticeable.

Obviously none of these are super urgent, and most of these are more nitpicky, but I think a lot of people would appreciate at least #1, #3, and #6. That's just my two cents.

Overall, it looks great! Much more sleek and new; great job to Elu on the upgrades! I think I can speak for all RPers when I say the fixing of tables is especially awesome!

Last edited:
I'd reiterate the above in connection with the government (EDIT: the government page is functional now but is formatted is a strange way) and laws pages. I think that the (time=) code functionality appears to have been lost again and restoration of that would be very much welcomed.

Last edited:
3. Bring back the option to write posts on a full page, if possible. Before you could write posts on a small window at the bottom of the thread, or blow it up into its own post-writing page. The latter seems to have been removed.
This is no longer an option with Xenforo 2.X. There might be some addons but nothing in by default to change this.

Last edited:
This is no longer an option with Xenforo 2.X. There might be some addons but nothing in by default to change this.

That's unfortunate. :( I hope we can find an addon, if possible!

To reiterate from Discord, regarding tables: they look great when you're typing it (like an actual table), but it mutilates it when it's posted. The lines and boxes are gone and you, as Lore said, just kinda have to hope you can keep track as you scroll. If this could be fixed when possible, it'd be very appreciated!

Last edited:
Hello! Thanks for all the work!

I would like to inquire, though, about possible alternatives I could use for [ floatright ] and [ floatleft ]? They don't seem to work anymore. (I tried [float=right], [float:right], and [imageleft] but they all don't seem to work.)

Also, the box in which we are typing replies, can the background colour be made less dark/not blue? The black text on dark blue is difficult to see. The light blue hyperlink on the dark blue is even more difficult. This is how it looks like for me:
zojfZ2q.png

Thank you!

Ditto on what Kyle said. I would also like to call attention to this; the header doesn't exactly work on mobile, and the way the forum is formatted on mobile I'm not sure it could. Could you guys look into that?

I've also heard around the grapevine (and plainly looking at their site) that Europeia has the same type of XF we have. We should contact their admin team for advice on optimizing the forum now that it's updated.

Last edited:
fafdsafdsafdsafdsa
Hello! Thanks for all the work!

I would like to inquire, though, about possible alternatives I could use for [ floatright ] and [ floatleft ]? They don't seem to work anymore. (I tried [float=right], [float:right], and [imageleft] but they all don't seem to work.)

Also, the box in which we are typing replies, can the background colour be made less dark/not blue? The black text on dark blue is difficult to see. The light blue hyperlink on the dark blue is even more difficult. This is how it looks like for me:
zojfZ2q.png

Thank you!
Sorted :)

Inven: is that what it's called? XD
Asta: Thanks a ton! The white boxes are great.

Last edited:
Inven: is that what it's called? XD
Asta: Thanks a ton! The white boxes are great.
From Wikipedia:
A favicon /ˈfæv.ɪˌkɒn/ (short for favorite icon), also known as a shortcut icon, website icon, tab icon, URL icon, or bookmark icon, is a file containing one or more small icons, associated with a particular website or web page. A web designer can create such an icon and upload it to a website (or web page) by several means, and graphical web browsers will then make use of it. Browsers that provide favicon support typically display a page's favicon in the browser's address bar (sometimes in the history as well) and next to the page's name in a list of bookmarks. Browsers that support a tabbed document interface typically show a page's favicon next to the page's title on the tab, and site-specific browsers use the favicon as a desktop icon.

Thank you all for your hard work! My particular point of issue right now is a proper dark mode, something I think our mobile users would appreciate. Right now the colors and contrasts work for the most part, but do fail in some areas where I can’t see what the alert is trying to tell me.

Please let me know if any assistance from me is needed to bring these colors/contrasts into line with what we should have. As someone who personally struggles with even simple contrasts of colors, I would love the opportunity to

No favicon?
unknown.png
Fixed

Thank you all for your hard work! My particular point of issue right now is a proper dark mode, something I think our mobile users would appreciate. Right now the colors and contrasts work for the most part, but do fail in some areas where I can’t see what the alert is trying to tell me.

Please let me know if any assistance from me is needed to bring these colors/contrasts into line with what we should have. As someone who personally struggles with even simple contrasts of colors, I would love the opportunity to
A screenshot would probably make this one easier to chase down.

To reiterate from Discord, regarding tables: they look great when you're typing it (like an actual table), but it mutilates it when it's posted. The lines and boxes are gone and you, as Lore said, just kinda have to hope you can keep track as you scroll. If this could be fixed when possible, it'd be very appreciated!
There are now borders around/between tables and cells.

Taking from Discord:
I was just wondering why the "Edit Title" function has been renamed "Edit Thread"? It makes the thing more misleading as one would assume it to be editing the OP of the forum thread.

Taking from Discord:
I was just wondering why the "Edit Title" function has been renamed "Edit Thread"? It makes the thing more misleading as one would assume it to be editing the OP of the forum thread.
It is an update from XF2.X. It was not something done intentionally. If you are trying to edit the OP of the thread, then you need to hit the edit at the bottom of the post. "Edit Thread" is referring to making changes to the Thread as a whole, not just a single post (even if it is the OP).

Last edited:
Back