End of Term Report

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
toOmwQ27kpoKlUAZrMzIfc-sAU598ZOweOZuJvUlvpUyu2IqV0akczLH8OrDnQlGc_JXNiWTdTIwyqThRLw_tdYRwAvT6oDF2n5FH_Nh6cIBIMe8_rEZaGyyFE3Ht48FqNX905So

End of Term Report

Citizens,

It is now almost the end of my term as World Assembly Delegate of The North Pacific. As such, I have the rare opportunity to formally address you during the festive season. A time where we reflect upon the year that was and gather with our family and friends to celebrate with each other.

Over the past four months, the executive government has been working to improve the experience of our region for our residents and to deliver positive outcomes for our community.

Sometimes, leading the executive can be a difficult task. Each and every one of you have your own expectations, beliefs, and hopes for what the executive will do, and what it may achieve. Crises can appear suddenly just as new opportunities can arise that require quick action to seize the day. It is the duty of government to not only contemplate the bold ideas in the abstract, but also to analyse the detail to ensure they are implemented properly and in a sustainable way. Likewise, it is our duty to make decisions based upon the information available, and not via exercises of rash judgement.

During this term, I have offered my vision of the executive branch. A government that works for everyone. One that proactively seeks consultation based outcomes to improve our region for the better.

I have ensured that the Executive Council undertakes more rigorous discussion and internal debate prior to the undertaking of impactful decisions. This has ensured that each member of the Executive Council is on the same page, but also that all voices are heard. This has assisted to expand the knowledge of Ministers to include the activities of other Ministries and how that work may affect their area of responsibility.

Likewise, I established the Outer Ministry which includes all Deputy Ministers. This has provided an avenue for cooperation across Ministry divides, particularly for special projects that require a more experienced set of eyes or hands. Secondly, it provides Deputy Ministers with the opportunity to gain an insight into how the executive council functions and how decisions are made.

We also hosted the first staff meeting of all members of the executive staff. This was useful for setting priorities for the term ahead and for giving staffers the opportunity to contribute to the executive projects of interest to them.

I have aimed to deliver an open and approachable executive. One that firmly has its finger on the pulse of the community and is responsive to its needs.

In terms of the administration of the executive, our executive staffing profile continues to grow, as does our number of experienced staffers in each Ministry. These teams of experienced staff have been crucial to supporting the Ministers in undertaking their responsibilities.

The External Affairs and Internal Affairs Committee were formed earlier in the term. Admittedly they have not functioned as actively as I had hoped, but we have aimed to proactively involve them in matters relevant to their portfolio. As the saying goes, good things take time. It still remains to be seen whether or not these committees can be the fresh air that we had hoped they would be.

The Press Office led by Press Secretary @Wonderess has released 14 press releases since the start of this term. This has been a great initiative which has assisted us substantially in our public outreach efforts to the residents of the region.

@Nessuno has led an effective team of Gameside Advocates who have been proactively monitoring our regional message board, promoting events, sharing government news, and encouraging the upvoting of dispatches. Nessuno also published the following volumes of the literary awards:
  1. Volume 11

2. Volume 12

3. Volume 13

4. Volume 14
Many of you may not realise that the Lead GA is responsible for these dispatches, but they are an important way to encourage activity on our regional message board. Nessie is also working on an anniversary edition of the Literary Awards with R3n, which will be released in January. I thank Nessuno and his team for their excellent work this term.

Turning to other activities, we have been regularly updating the Civil Defence Siren and the Retaliatory Recruitment tools. We have provided these lists publicly and provided public updates so citizens can follow along with the operation of these resources. We also negotiated the return of The North Pacific University to the oversight of the elected government (see here).

I will now turn to the work of individual Ministries.

Defence
The Ministry of Defence under Minister @Robespierre did exceptionally well this term. The quality of our command, our training and mentorship of new soldiers, and the capacity of our officers and commanders to lead, is second to none. At the time of drafting of this address, The North Pacific Army has undertaken 41 operations this term.

The Ministry of Defence assisted with a number of operations that were crucial to our foreign policy and involved working closely with our allies. This included a number of Delegacy transitions at the beginning of the term. This was quickly overshadowed by our successful effort to liberate The East Pacific from then Delegate Fedele. In addition to that effort, the Ministry of Defence has also liberated Stargate on two occasions this term.

We have also worked with the militaries of The Rejected Realms, Europeia, Lazarus, The South Pacific, The Black Hawks, Balder and others to improve the capacity of our soldiers for complex operations.

I acknowledge the High Command Officers @Zaz, @Darcania, @Malphe, @QuietDad, and @Gladio who have been a significant support to the NPA during this past term and will soon have their names plastered across our NS region, as we promote their history in the NPA to recruit new members. I likewise acknowledge @Trondstorm and @Koopa103 for their efforts as Deputy Ministers of Defence.

Minister @Robespierre was determined from the very beginning of the term to undertake diverse and interesting military operations that are challenging and enjoyable for members of the North Pacific Army. He has delivered that and more. I thank Robes for his service this term.

Foreign Affairs
Foreign Affairs has also had a very productive term. Despite a change of Minister from OwenStacey to @TlomzKrano, the Ministry has continued to perform well. The Ministry has undertaken the following tasks this term:
  1. Issued a report on the developing situation in The East Pacific for citizens to comprehensively understand the situation and the actions of its government;
  2. Issued a statement on the situation in The East Pacific and led the efforts to liberate the region from Fedele;
  3. Repealed our treaty with Albion;
  4. Negotiated and ratified a new treaty with The Rejected Realms;
  5. Re-drafted and published the Diplomatic Protocol;
  6. Issued a statement on the invasion of Stargate;
  7. Overhauled the Master Roster providing opportunities to serve in the diplomatic corps to new members;
  8. Released the World Factbook submissions form for completion by the Diplomatic Corps;
  9. Distributed the following:
    1. TNS Issue XI
    2. TNS Issue XII
    3. Invitation to the Epic Gamer Party
    4. TNS Issue XIII
The Foreign Affairs team has also been involved in the planning stages of each of our events. I am proud of the work the Foreign Affairs Ministry has completed this term and thank both @Owen and @TlomzKrano for their service.

Home Affairs
Home Affairs this term has had a more sizeable portfolio and higher expectations than under previous terms. @BluieGamer has been able to realise the potential of Home Affairs through his effective leadership and regular communication with the HA team. The Ministry has undertaken the following tasks:
  1. Released The North Pacific Survey and Census. This has been a comprehensive review of a wide range of areas of The North Pacific Government’s operations. So far we have released the following surveys:
    1. Survey 1: Telegram Quality Survey (Results)
      1. We have also established the telegram drafting taskforce to implement the suggestions from this survey. This work is still ongoing.
    2. Survey 2: Information for Voters Survey (Results)
    3. Survey 3: Zombie Day Experience Survey (Results)
    4. Survey 4: Did you know all there is to do in The North Pacific? (Results)
    5. Survey 5: Mid-Term Ministry and Executive Satisfaction (Results)
    6. Survey 6: Executive Staff Survey (OPEN)
  2. The Gameside Affairs Survey is also in drafting stages and should also be released in early January.
  3. As of the December 15 calculation by Bluie, the mentor team lead by Deputy Minister @Marcus Antonius has mentored 141 forum users. This is an incredible result.
  4. The Ministry has released 12 lists for recruitment by HA and completed 640+ rows of nations.
The Ministry of Home Affairs this term has returned to the significance work that the Ministry was originally envisaged to create. It has become far more than simply recruitment lists. I thank @BluieGamer for his service as Minister of Home Affairs. I have been impressed by his work ethic and attention to detail.

Communications
The Ministry of Communications also experienced a change from one Minister to another earlier in the term. Kaschovia has done a good job overseeing the Ministry of Communications during the term.

The Ministry has released the following publications:
  1. TNS Issue XI
  2. TNS Issue XII
  3. TNS Issue XIII
In addition the Ministry has almost finalised TNS Issue XIV and the next edition of TNL that is hanging over from the last term of government is in the editing stages. The Northern Lights edition on NS 2030 is also currently in the planning stage.

Kasch also established a senior editing team to assist with the editing of articles ahead of time. In addition, the coding tool I designed earlier in the term has also proven useful to ensuring the releases are out quickly and coded correctly.

I thank @Kaschovia for his service in the Ministry of Communications this term and appreciate his hard work this term.

World Assembly Affairs
Another Ministry that experienced a change from long time Minister @TlomzKrano to the new Minister @Gorundu. The Ministry has released 22 Information for Voters telegrams and dispatches for World Assembly resolutions.

We have worked closely with our partners in WALL on the proposals put forward before the World Assembly. In addition, we have been in discussions with the other WALL regions on proposals to improve the understanding of WALL and how it operates. Whilst these discussions have been difficult, I am confident that in the next term of government, we will see promising outcomes on this front.

We established the Senior WA Consultants who will function in a similar way to the Senior Diplomats in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This has allowed the Ministry to give junior staffers the opportunities to serve as a Deputy Minister, while preserving the expertise and senior staff and their ability to weigh in on Ministry debates when required.

I have also worked proactively with authors in-game who have reached out to me about their resolutions. In addition, I have been working to bring our information for voters dispatches to the attention of the author and other participants in the NS forums. Likewise, we have been working to bring our own forum voting threads to the attention of in-game residents earlier by posting them on the regional message board.

I’d like to thank @TlomzKrano for his work as Minister of World Assembly Affairs for most of this term and @Gorundu for stepping up into the role and immediately hitting the ground running. The WA Staff are also some of the most enthusiastic in the executive staff and it has been great working with all of you!

Radio
The newest Ministry led by @El Fiji Grande has spent the term laying the groundwork for a long lasting and sustainable Ministry. The Ministry of Radio has completed the following work:
  1. Established the radio awards program;

2. Published tutorials for radio staff on editing and publication of radio releases;

3. Released the following shows:
    1. Delegates Day Broadcast;
    2. A Portrait on the Inaius Starfall Roleplay;
    3. The Art of Worldbuilding;
    4. On Roleplaying Fascism;
    5. Strangereal Roleplay Show 2;
    6. An Interview with Kaschovia; and
    7. An Insight into the Sartinaynian Story Arc.
The Ministry of Radio has also been working closely with myself and the Minister of Defence on a project highlighting the careers of NPA Generals for the purposes of recruitment of new members of the NPA.

Culture
Culture is a great passion of mine. It has been wonderful to have Prydania on board for another whirlwind task of events, activities and other shenanigans. The Ministry of Culture has undertaken the following work this term:
  1. Hosted the Roleplay Symposium with Greater Dienstad;
  2. Launched TNP’s Games Server;
  3. Hosted The Epic Gamer Party with The Rejected Realms;
  4. Oversaw our N-day and Z-day activities;
  5. Hosted the Lennarts (Almost complete!)
  6. Hosted the Fantasy Football competition;
  7. Hosted the cultural exchange with 10ki
  8. Hosted a Christmas flag design competition; and
  9. Established the Cards Guild (shout out to @r3naissanc3r and @Praetor for this initiative)
The Ministry of Culture is currently finalising the roleplay reel for the term. I am very proud of the work completed by the Ministry and thank @Prydania for his hard work and diligence.

Conclusion

I am very proud of the progress we’ve made and the work that we have completed this term. When I ran for Delegate, I deliberately chose to offer an optimistic and ambitious platform, rather than vague suggestions on what would be completed. We have not been able to complete all tasks that formed part of that program. Nevertheless, as this end of term report shows, we have managed to get through a tremendous amount of work.

I hope that you have felt the benefit of this work. That you can see that The North Pacific is more proactively asserting itself on the world stage. That you have participated in the opportunities, events and activities that we have undertaken this term.

I thank the Vice Delegate @Artemis for his support throughout this term. Artemis’ support to government work and his advice & encouragement to me and to other members of the Executive Council has been invaluable.

I thank the Executive Council @TlomzKrano, @Robespierre, @BluieGamer, @Kaschovia, @El Fiji Grande, @Prydania, and @Gorundu and my staff, Chief of Staff @Pallaith and Press Secretary @Wonderess for your efforts and work this term.

I thank every Deputy Minister and the members of the executive staff who dedicated your time and energy to supporting us in the completion of these projects. Our resourcing in this regard is unparalleled in the NS world and is a key reason why we are able to get so much done.

Finally, I thank The North Pacific for giving me the opportunity to serve as Delegate once again.

Thank you.

vUPfkQrh4wV5s69fhEYpq3i39j8XVuiXKMHLN2Fl3hWOQSCxZAtq4wjagu_HXxmrvAqkr8LL5B-UgAlSpVcalfK8VHo89839RQ3iNQcN4Jn0AAhl65Uxt9AlLINqOFQyIsJ1CXgA

Delegate of The North Pacific

Last edited:
Our administration has done very well these past four months and everyone who was a part of the progress we made should be very proud of their work this term. I’d like to thank the Delegate, McMasterdonia, for providing me with the opportunity to serve the region I love as Minister of Defense this term.

As the report states, the North Pacific Army did exceptionally well under the leadership of the rest of the High Command and I. To all soldiers and officers, I thank you for making our regional military one of the most powerful and formidable forces in all of NationStates. The credit is not mine alone, and I would be remiss if I did not thank those who should receive recognition for a very productive and progressive term

Last edited:
McMasterdonia. What can I say?

What. A. Term. No, seriously.

Firstly, what a great guy, you know? None other like him, really. Such a good Delegate. Great guy. When I began my term as Minister of Communications, I really thought, you know, "this McMasterdonia guy, what's his deal? What's all the fuss over?" I mean, I'd been Minister of Communications before... twice, but to serve under the legend himself? Just brilliant stuff. Ya' can't make it up people.

Nextly, just how great does this guy wanna make our region again? Really great people, that's how great. And you know, it just goes to show that with the right guy in charge, you can really get anything done. He's taken our region to soaring new heights. You won't find another like him anywhere. Ever. Now that's real news. Honestly. You can ask him yourself.

And lastly, on a serious note, it has been my absolute pleasure to serve as Minister of Communications for my third term under McM. Despite complications and delays, not even including my own personal obstacles, I'm just grateful we even have this dude around. The last four months have absolutely flown by, and often we don't take a step back to really see how far we've come, but what I know for sure, is that we have one of the best communities in NS. A true community of amazing people.

And what a better person to lead our community into the future.

McM, and the North Pacific... thank you.

Last edited:
Back