Update to the endorse page: Sorting by last login

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
Hi all,

During the last WADP survey, there were a few comments asking for the results of the Endorse page to be sorted by activity, rather than alphabetically. There were also a few previous requests for the same.

This change has now been implemented. To judge "activity", the script uses the "LASTLOGIN" timestamp provided by the API. This is not perfect (someone may login and then remain logged in for several hours doing activities, but they'll still be sorted by the login time), but at the very least it should help put very inactive nations near the bottom.

Also, the sorting is only updated at each major, and remains the same throughout the major. This is the same as with the list of nations itself, which is only updated each major.

For now, this change is considered experimental. If you do not like the change, or run into any issues, please post here. Issues will be fixed as soon as I can get to them, and a week or so from now we can reevaluate whether to stick with the change based on feedback posted in this thread.

Also, Siwale sucks.

Last edited:
As per request: @r3naissanc3r

Would it be possible to rearrange the order in which nations appear in the endotarting tool?

My suggestion would be to order it first by most recent activity and then by endorsements given. Currently, it is alphabetical order.

Alternatively, dependent on technical limitations even an alternative method of just ranking nations by most recent activity (and then alphabetical) would be an improvement on the current system.
I was endotarting a while ago and it was rather demoralizing to be working through nations which last had government activity 25 days ago and were likely to CTE while I knew there were more active nations that would return my endorsement further down the list.

I am unsure if this would be the best way to rank the nations but I do think it is better than alphabetical if technically feasible. It is possible there is a better method than the one I suggested yet I have just not thought of it.

No worries if you do not have sufficient time to implement this suggestion (presuming no technical limitations).

I appreciate and share the frustrations that @Praetor has been having with the high probability of nations likely to CTE .

I have been using information from the Endorse page and 'reports/the_north_pacific/council_endorsers' list to produce personal check lists that keep track of my endorsement activity, which I have been using since approx. June 2018.

To have the list in alphabetical order is essential to me. This change to 'Activity only' renders great difficulty in finding specific nations.

However, the activity list is very useful too.

Would it be possible to have the endorse page made capable of switching between an Activity/Alphabetical list?

I added an option that lets you select between activity-based and alphabetical sorting. Seems to work under both table-based and Zen modes, as well as through the offsite link.

Let me know if there are any issues.

I don't like the placement of the submit button. Please correct. Thx.

Last edited:
I added an option that lets you select between activity-based and alphabetical sorting. Seems to work under both table-based and Zen modes, as well as through the offsite link.

Let me know if there are any issues.

All seems to be working. :)
Excellent. Many thanks Sir! O7

Last edited:
Back