Not open for further replies.

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
0QAf59nL-liF6K5AuEDrwDxRaP9RIb2tIRio0_yWtvYTi8maQ-j6NQCbHOg-DTFUNVyydUAyN5GOcMGlsOkYgR3kXDNXeQ6g-iTb3MvjFPDYLkiVpI5tDKMACZtUgay4LjvOl94O

The Lennarts 2019: The Northern Lights Person of the Year

oY1GlGe.png

The Northern Lights Person of the Year

Done in the style of Time’s Person of the Year, TNL’s Person of the Year Award will be awarded to the RP character who receives the most votes. Could be a national leader, an advocate, notable politician, businessman, or anyone else! People will nominate characters and share profiles, and the people will vote!

Special Requirements:
1. Nominations must include a biography (500 words maximum) and a photograph of the person being nominated
2. Nominations should specify the home nation of the character and the corresponding RP world they reside within.

Nominations will be open for one week.

And the nominations are:

As do I, and I would encourage @Prydania to submit the mandatory biography of him in earnest. He has been terrifically written and deserves this award.

Last edited:
I nominate Empress Alycia Saitta-Sevryn of Norsia
@Zyvun

I also nominate Emperor Sherwin of the Imperial Vestrugat Federation @Esplandia

Definitely going to nominate King Tobias of @Prydania.

I also nominate Jorgen Admusson just because his heroics in the World Cup, winning the Golden Ball, plus assisting the winning goal for @Goyanes.

As do I, and I would encourage @Prydania to submit a biography of him. He has been terrifically written and deserves this award.
First off, thank you all kindly for Toby's nomination. He's been fun to write and I'm glad he's gotten a positive reception.
Here's a profile for him.

Full Name: Tobias Scylfing Loðbrók
Title: His Majesty, Tobias III Loðbrók, by the Grace of God, King of Prydania, Lord Protector of Austurland, Marshal of Beaconsviði, Lord Uniter, Defender of the Faith.
Religion: Laurenits Messianism
Education: Informal education
Best Skills: Public speaking
Birthplace: Beaconsviði, Kingdom of Prydania
Species or Race: Human, North Gotic/Nord
Marital Status: Engaged
Children: none
Appearance: 6'0, roughly 190 lbs, blonde hair and green eyes
Biography:
Tobias was born on 14 April 1995 to Prince Robert Loðbrók and his wife Princess Hanna Loðbrók. Tobias' father was the younger brother of King Anders III. Anders' daughter Princess Astrid was his older cousin.
Anders' reigned side by side with the entrenched fascist Social Commonwealth Party, who King Anders was sympathetic to. Robert and Hanna, along with a small network of anti-fascist sympathizers, made plans to bring the reign of Anders and the Social Commonwealth Party to an end, but this was cut short when the radical Syndicalist Party staged a coup in 2002, buoyed by growing anti-fascist sentiments throughout the country. The Syndicalsists, once a social democratic party, had been radicalized in opposition to the fascist status quo that had existed since 1984.
Syndicalist revolutionaries not only executed the Social Commonwealth government, including Prime Minister Stephen Toft, but they also executed almost every member of the Loðbrók royal house. These executions were broadcast live on television. Tobias, however, was spared this fate by Axle Skov. Skov had been working with Robert's anti-fascist network and had moved in to secure his son on the onset of the coup. As a result Tobias, at the age of seven, became the rightful heir to the Prydanian throne. A throne that was very much non-existent as the Syndicalists moved to replace fascist tyranny with with their own brand of dictatorship.

Tobias was raised by William Aubyn, a former Conservative Party politician and leader of the anti-Syndicalist Front of National Unity, which itself was born of Tobias' father's anti-fascist network. The FNU grew from a small insurgency to a proper army capable of standing up to Syndicalist tyranny, but this took time. Tobias, during that time, was raised among soldiers and the children of other FNU leaders. As he got older he began to play a more active role in the conflict around him. As a teenager he lost his girlfriend, Krista Brink to a landmine.
He was eventually gifted the sword Veiðiblað, his family's heirloom sword and the coronation sword of Prydanian Kings. Though not a practical weapon in a modern war, the sword allowed him to fully understand the connection he had to his family's legacy and the role he was to play in the cycle of history unfolding around him. He played a vital role in tracking down the Syndicalist agent who oversaw the burning of the farms around the city of Hadden, and he became an icon of sorts, a symbol for a country torn by war to rally around.

The war ended fifteen years after Tobias became heir to the throne of Prydania. FNU forces, along with foreign allies, broke through Syndicalist lines and captured the Prydanian capital of Beaconsviði in the summer of 2017. Tobias was proclaimed King by Aubyn's interim government, and was formally crowned on 4 June 2017.
Since then he's attempted to do all he can he can to help his country recover. He oversaw Prydania's entry into the Pan-Gotic Union, an alliance in part formed from the aftermath of the Prydanian Civil War. He also became one of the original four signatories to the Bergum Pact, along with Queen Alycia of Norsia, Queen Grace of Kanada, and Emperor Alexander of Maloria.
He is currently engaged to the now-Empress of Norsia, Alycia Saitta-Sevryn.

Last edited:
Thanks for the nomination @Prydania

Here's the bio for Sherwin:
Sherwin Reginald Edwinsen auf Drakosta was born on June 14, 1952, the second child of Katharin II of Esplandia and Edwin Raeods. Sherwin was born during the reconstruction period following the Talamnic War. He grew up in the shadow of his older brother Edwin but was content that way. He joined the navy at age 17 and rose to the rank of First Lieutenant before leaving the navy. He then focused on International Law, following the same career path as his father.

During his mother’s reign he served as Ambassador to Ceretis where he became close friends with the future Tsar, Harold Callahan, a friendship that has led to renewed bonds between the two nations. He became heir-apparent to the Esplandish throne when his brother abdicated due to health reasons, and so his career trajectory changed. He was made Duke of Valdaegn and he became involved in his home government. He served as Treasurer of Esplandia for a time, and as Royal Chancellor as well.

Sherwin has been married twice. His first wife, the mother of his eldest son and heir Prince Irwin, died of cancer. Her loss devastated Sherwin and he remained single for a long time. Eventually he met and fell in love with his current wife, Abigael (She is the twin sister of the Queen-Consort of Goyannes). Though there is a twenty year age gap between the two the relationship is going strong. They’ve had three additional children, the youngest one still just a toddler.

Sherwin became King in 2012 and since that time he his accomplishments have been many. His biggest accomplishment has been the unification of the Vestrugat, the geographic region where Esplandia is located, turning internal civil strife into the catalyst for unification. Most recently he has been named Emperor of the Vestrugat.

n8A2Nkxm.jpg

We have two excellent nominations for this.

I will extend this one for a bit longer while we vote on some of the other categories. I encourage you to ask others to put their characters forward!

Tobias gets up on the podium to accept his award, looking over it with a slightly bemused expression.

"I never really won any awards growing up. I guess I'd be used to them if I'd gotten to grow up in court. Probably would have spoilt me rotten...but Syndicalist coup and all, what can you do. Closest I got was when I was twelve. I was given a grenade. Then I was taught how to use it. And find cover! So yeah. This is pretty great."

Tobias picks it up, looking at it again before setting it down.

"You know, I kind of don't know what else to say. Other than thank you all. I've never truly felt like a King, but I've lived most of my life trying to live up to that ideal anyway. That so many support me, have seen me as something to believe in, and who have paid the ultimate sacrifice is humbling beyond anything I could describe. So for everyone who believes in standing against tyranny? This one is for you!"

Tobias takes his trophy and leaves the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back