Delegate Question Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the Delegate issue a pardon to Govindia for being Fiji’s predecessor of Speaker of the House who also was recalled? :blink:
I thank the Rt. Honourable Gentleman for his question. I note that the Rt. Honourable Gentleman is an excellent representative for the electorate of Dinoium, in the rural south of The North Pacific.

The Rt. Honourable Gentleman would know, as a keen student of the law, that if I were to say that neither the constitution or the legal code contains the provision for pardon by the Delegate, he would reply "correct".

The Rt. Honourable Gentleman makes a compelling argument for reform in this area. On that subject, I defer to the judgement of my esteemed peers.

With respect to the Rt. Honourable Gentleman's suggestion of a pardon to Govindia, to that I say, no, no, no!

What led to your decision to continue with Gameside Advocates over a full-fledged Ministry?

What led to your decision to continue with Gameside Advocates over a full-fledged Ministry?

I thank the Rt. Honourable Gentleman and representative of the Privileged Few for his question.

Regarding that decision, it came down to a number of matters. The first was personnel. I had hoped that Nessuno would be interested in shifting his role from Lead GA to a Minister, but he was unwilling to do so.

Secondly, I discussed this matter with Bluie and with SillyString (his deputy) and decided that I was confident that we could meet all the tasks that HA used to accomplish (when it was originally created), under their leadership and my guidance.

I could see that there were a few people such as yourself who were keen for that particular role to return, but the idea still wasn't fully formed in my own mind, so I decided to instead keep the current structure. I thought it may be a case of simply too much for the first term, given all that I intend to accomplish.

Mr Speaker, the Right Honourable Gentlemen the Delegate has recently unpinned the Independent Manifesto from the pinned dispatches on the region page. Is the unpinning of the Independent Manifesto an active step away from the failing ideology of Independentism and if not, why not?

Mr Speaker, the Right Honourable Gentlemen the Delegate has recently unpinned the Independent Manifesto from the pinned dispatches on the region page. Is the unpinning of the Independent Manifesto an active step away from the failing ideology of Independentism and if not, why not?

I thank the Rt Honourable Gentleman for his question. I note his keen interest and commentary on the subject of NS ideologies.

NationStates imposes a hard limit on the number of dispatches - I think it is 12 or 13. We've had a lot of announcements lately, not to mention publications, constant awards etc, and I really needed the space so I unpinned it.

In the wake of our crushing defeat on N-Day, please let us know how the Z-Day events will be handled. Also do you plan on staying in the region this time?

Everyone had fun with N-Day, that's the main thing as far as I'm concerned.

Regarding Z-day, it will be handled the same as it has always been handled - except SillyString and COE will not be here. So we will need to organise some teams, probably by timezone, to help coordinate.

I fully intend to be in the region, I'm just not sure if you will be!

Last edited:
In light of the recent surge in popularity of anime waifus in the region, will the Right Honourable Delegate make an official Ministry of Waifu Affairs?

I really considered ignoring this question as it is a waste of time.

I dislike the spread of the use of 'waifu' avatars and particularly the silly culture associated it. From what I've seen elsewhere in NS, it often crosses lines into NSFW content and ultimately isn't usually appropriate given our broad membership.

Secondly as far as I can tell the use of these kinds of avatars is clearly overt sexualisation and comes down to the commodification of a females body to suit the capitalist desire to appeal to males (predominantly). i.e. as subjects of lust, sexualisation, affection and general creepiness.. Tldr more often than not, it comes off as sexist and creepy.

Last edited:
November is National Novel Writing Month and TNP has a large community of creative people. Has delegate considered turning this into an event within TNP?

November is National Novel Writing Month and TNP has a large community of creative people. Has delegate considered turning this into an event within TNP?
I thank the Rt Honourable Gentleman for his question!

We have in the past run writing/literary competitions in TNP. From what I recall, it was generally quite hard to get the submissions to make it worthwhile. Given the large amount of projects within Culture's remit this term, I had not considered adding a literary event to it.

If you're interested, I'd recommend joining the executive staff for Culture. Perhaps this could be something you'd be willing to take on and run, with some help from the Culture team and Deputies?

Is Delegate Directive 2 posted in the TNPU Section by Marcus a official directive of the delegate? Is the Delegates government reasserting control over TNPU after the previous governments approval of the TNPU becoming an independent agency?

Is Delegate Directive 2 posted in the TNPU Section by Marcus a official directive of the delegate? Is the Delegates government reasserting control over TNPU after the previous governments approval of the TNPU becoming an independent agency?

Marcus posted the directive following its approval by the university council while I was asleep. The directive has now been posted in the correct thread.

Mr Speaker, the Rt. Honourable Gentleman the Delegate has recently been seen renovating the Executive Council Chambers. Could the Delegate elaborate on the status of the renovation and what style the Rt. Honourable Gentleman is trying to employ?

Can the government provide an update on when it will come into compliance with the current FoIA law, and begin releasing cabinet discord records more than 1 year of age?
Can the government provide an update on when it will answer this question?

Last edited:
This is a sizeable task under which no work has been done by prior administrations. There has also been an unnecessary tendency to create new channels when a Minister or Delegate retires.

I have been gradually reading each of the archived channels to identify where the sensitive areas are likely to be. Given that these archived channels may contain information that is sensitive to our foreign affairs and regional security, I am doing this myself. I am confident I can make some releases next week.

This is a sizeable task under which no work has been done by prior administrations. There has also been an unnecessary tendency to create new channels when a Minister or Delegate retires.

I have been gradually reading each of the archived channels to identify where the sensitive areas are likely to be. Given that these archived channels may contain information that is sensitive to our foreign affairs and regional security, I am doing this myself. I am confident I can make some releases next week.
Thank you for the clarity and the work you're doing on this. It's appreciated - though it is worrying to learn that the work we were told was being done by previous administrations wasn't being done. That's unfortunate.

Last edited:
Can the Delegate provide the public information regarding communication with banned individuals? Have nations that have been ejected and or banned from the region been provided information on how they can appeal bans from the region?

Can the Delegate provide the public information regarding communication with banned individuals? Have nations that have been ejected and or banned from the region been provided information on how they can appeal bans from the region?
This was not part of the standard practice of the last few terms, so we have introduced it this term and I have provided the GA's with a loose template to use in that respect. The one exception where we don't worry about it so much is the serial RMB spammers who are ultimately dealt with by the mods.

This was not part of the standard practice of the last few terms, so we have introduced it this term and I have provided the GA's with a loose template to use in that respect. The one exception where we don't worry about it so much is the serial RMB spammers who are ultimately dealt with by the mods.
Thank you for the answer

Any chance of an update on this?

Will the Opstan Region, made up of former Slatos members and Opstan, be added to the retaliatory recruitment and will the Delegate seek exemption to target their region?

Does the Delegate have an official position on the following message from Opstan https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1320434 ?

1) yes to both
2) I have no official position on random dispatches like that. However the apology is clearly missing 50% if not more of the point of the invasion.

What are the Delegate's plans for when they finish their term?
Let's see when we get there I suppose.

I would like to continue to help with some of the longer term projects we've started this term, that due to term limits, I will not necessarily be able to fully see through during my own terms.

The cabinet chambers have been in permanent use from Fiji's term in order to prevent such an issue in future and I hope this would continue. Other than that, I think records from when you were last in cabinet were simply deleted.
You posted this in Praetor's election campaign topic and I find it incredibly concerning.

Why was the decision taken to prevent future declassification of cabinet archives by using the same cabinet chambers from term to term?

Who made this decision?

Who deleted the records from the last time Praetor was in cabinet?

When were they deleted?

Why were they deleted?

You posted this in Praetor's election campaign topic and I find it incredibly concerning.

Why was the decision taken to prevent future declassification of cabinet archives by using the same cabinet chambers from term to term?

Who made this decision?

Who deleted the records from the last time Praetor was in cabinet?

When were they deleted?

Why were they deleted?

Questions 1 - 2:

I decided not to change the executive council each time there is a new cabinet. So I have kept the Executive Council using the same channel during my 8 months in office, regardless of any changes to my team, and regardless of a new term starting. Under previous administrations, whenever there was a cabinet change or an election they would create a new executive council chambers to prevent people from seeing old posts. We don't even do this with the forum. Any member of the cabinet can see old threads under previous administrations. In my view, this is a better approach to take.

There is no reason for previous conversation in a cabinet channel to be hidden from new members of the cabinet. So I have kept my government as one singular executive council channel where anyone can see old posts that were made. My preference would be for this approach to continue moving forward. We shouldn't fear a new incoming government, particularly not one with the same leader. Old posts in the executive council may be of use to them. Ultimately that will be up for the new Delegate to decide if they wish to continue to follow that precedent. If they do, then that would be in compliance with the ruling as the channel is in continuous use and it would make it far less complicated to be in compliance.

Question 3-5:

I am unsure when Praetor was last in cabinet, but I believe it was during the first and possibly second Raven administration. The only records I can see are from the Gladio, Fiji, Siwale, Plembobria and Ghost administrations. If he was in a different cabinet =(which I believe he was - I think in one of Raven's term) then there are no records of that. I do not know who the records were deleted by, when they were deleted, or why, but certainly I don't think the records look complete to me and there are some gaps there.

For confirmation—I was in most of Raven's second term and plem's first term.

If I have my sequence of Delegates right, that leaves just Raven's records as the ones that were deleted (presuming that all of the records from the other Delegates are accounted for if they had multiple channels).

Mister Delegate, have you appointed any advisers for this term?
To expand on this question - who has been granted cabinet access, both for the duration of the term and any temporary access granted at this present moment in time?

Hi, I got accepted in for WA affairs at 8 am, was told that I would be messaged "shortly". Now its 6 pm and I do not have a message!

Mister Delegate, have you appointed any advisers for this term?
To expand on this question - who has been granted cabinet access, both for the duration of the term and any temporary access granted at this present moment in time?
I was originally going to keep McM in the Cabinet as an advisor for the duration of the transition. Then Cosmo had to resign, and McM was able to fill in as Minister of WAA. Right now? There are no advisors who are just advisors. The closest to that role would be Sil, as my Chief of Staff. I am currently running with the idea that my Ministers are acting as my advisors, and they are the only people who currently have Executive Council access.
I am open to appointing advisors in the future, but it comes down to the right people having the time to do it.

Hi, I got accepted in for WA affairs at 8 am, was told that I would be messaged "shortly". Now its 6 pm and I do not have a message!
You may need to check your spam folder.

I was originally going to keep McM in the Cabinet as an advisor for the duration of the transition. Then Cosmo had to resign, and McM was able to fill in as Minister of WAA. Right now? There are no advisors who are just advisors. The closest to that role would be Sil, as my Chief of Staff. I am currently running with the idea that my Ministers are acting as my advisors, and they are the only people who currently have Executive Council access.
I am open to appointing advisors in the future, but it comes down to the right people having the time to do it.

You may need to check your spam folder.
In my emails? Also, can I be a minister of something?

In my emails? Also, can I be a minister of something?
Thank you for your interest, but the Minister positions have been filled. I would recommend this thread if you would like to work in a Ministry...

I did not get anything anywhere
You should check here...

Last edited:
Does the government intend to fix the discrepancy in the original round of exceptions to 6.7 of the Legal Code, that accidentally made the non-existent region of 'Dolla Holla, Europe but Better' an exception? I believe the intent was to make two regions - Dolla Holla and Europe but Better - exempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back