-
-
Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Gorundu
Discord
an_dr_ew
A new post in the Registered Residents thread reminded me of its existence, and got me thinking about its functionality. So as Speaker, I would like to start a discussion with the Admins about this thread. Here's what I see right now:

The Registered Residents thread is very rarely checked by the Admins, the last time being two months ago, and the one before another two months ago. I also noticed that Admins perform checks on them similar to the check they perform on citizenship applications, and deny masking if they do not pass the check. But there's no legal provision for this check, unlike for citizenship.

Now, I don't know why this thread was started in the first place - I suppose it was to keep track of residents on the forum - and there is no legal provisions covering registered residents, since laws on residents apply to residents regardless of whether or not they are registered on the forums. The Speaker is presumably involved in the process, but it must have stopped at some point, because I do not see any of the last few residents added to the "Registered Residents" tab of the Speaker's spreadsheet. This of course also means that there's no way to notice if a resident nation has CTE'd, as the Speaker's check is not performed on them.

So, what do we do with this thread? I can certainly still see the usefulness of it, but we need to better organize it. One way of making this work is if admins check this thread frequently, and I as Speaker put them on the list in the spreadsheet after they are checked. However, if there's no legal requirement for them to be checked, and an admin check here doesn't equate to an admin check for citizenship, does this still need to be in place? I hope we can figure out a solution so that the thread will function as it should once again.

Last edited:
Residents have some posting permissions that non-residents don't. That thread is how they gain those permissions without applying for citizenship or the NPA.

Yes, the admin team should be checking that thread like we do the citizenship thread, and masking them. The speaker's office should then add them to the registry, so that their masking can be revoked if they lose residency.

Please update your registry with anyone who was masked through that thread but was never added. We will try to do better about checking that thread as well.

Last edited:
Would it help if I check the thread regularly and post any members that need checking in the admin requests thread, since that thread is checked more often?

Back