Local News Topic

GNN NEWS: The World's Premier News Network

Budget Beer Banned Following Mass Poisonings

uCFby1e.jpg

[The Beer has jokingly been called 'Depression in a can']

Astragonese beer label Kosh Light has officially been banned in Saintonage and Predice following its implication in cases of poisoning amongst drinkers. The beer which is already infamous for its poor quality and cheap cost was found to contain lead and other toxic substances which were likely not filtered out during its brewing. Stocks that were present in both nations have been gathered up and destroyed following nationwide recalls.

Last edited:
n0o9vbQ.png

Security and Prison Expansions

The session of the Ulstome Montonget today was focused on the future security and prison policies of the NNP ruling party. The session had been organised by the NNP to take place so that the Montonget would have the ability to discuss and question the plans put forth by Jeramiah Gatterson, the Justice and Prisons minister, and Conor Owen, the Police and security minister, who will have the responsibilities of carrying out these new policies that were announced on behalf of their party and government, the NNP. It was common for the ministers of the ruling party or coalition to hold sessions to be publicly questioned by the other parties of the Montonget. This is so they can support their policies and their actions to the Montonget and the public aswell as explain what they have been doing and show the effects that it has had on the nation.

This session comes just a week after the NNP announced expansion plans towards the Police and Prison services. Currently Ulstome has 480,340 members of the Police force across the whole nation in all roles, providing law and order to the nation. The recent increase announced by the NNP would see that an additional 20,000 police staff would be recruited over the next 2 years to increase the forces numbers to just over half a million. These additional 20,000 members of the police force are planned to be on the foot officers who will act as community police officers in an attempt by the government to counter a slowly rising rate of youth crime, particularly in the outskirts of Ulstome's major cities. An investment in manpower that is considered the "best deterrence against young offenders" by Conor Owen, he made it clear during his speech supporting the expansion of the Police that more boots on the ground was considered by him to be a strong course of action to deter crime, by being able to have officers present on patrols in high crime communities would they be able to have the immediate presence and capabilities to intercept and catch criminals, to watch over and protect the livelihoods of those in those areas. The DOP who were the main Ulstome opposition party chose to be critical of the governments plans, calling it "throwing billions away that could of been better spent elsewhere to tackle a problem for which other methods could of been used".

The NNP had also released its plans for the construction of 20 restorative prisons that would have the capabilities to house 10,000 inmates, a decision made to expand the current excess space of the Ulstome Prison system to prevent future over crowding of the prison system and allow the closure of older, less suitable prisons in cities for the newly constructed ones. The plans for the 20 buildings show them to be located out of the way from the major urban areas of the nation and instead in rural areas surrounded by vast amounts of the countryside. The new buildings would have a vast amounts of facilities that would allow the prisoners to learn skills to assist them on their post prison work paths and help reincorporate them back into Ulstome society. This multi-billion investment was harshly criticised with members of the DOP claiming it to be to gentle on crime and a waste of already in use buildings. Gatterson defended the plans saying "If we do not treat them like members of society how do you expect them to change? Through fear? Through poverty? No, we will not make our people fear us, we will not let those who try to change away from their wrong doings and come back to society be cast out into a spiral of decline, we will not let that happen, we will help all in our society regardless of who they are."

The Democratic Republic of Bosnie

FHC2LsBI8pcAAlNSMe3bFZ3cknYnuyHfv9dzT1JxlmzaXR8kxnMVS149NNyuaGwG9BgMIJvYNE3nzWxAa1R4DT8l_Hzp5loauEOp2TimsgdmRCYjPi-G01Y-yUmFUpSxQ6HNoOPg

Monthly Congressional Issued Referendums
The Democratic Republic of Bosnie's Congress holds the power to issue referendums to the public (through the National Public Democratic Involvement Bureau (NPDIB)) , in which voters will have the chance to vote on the issues/questions/legislation proposals or concerns that Congress wishes to collect public opinion on. If Congress issues a referendum on a legislation proposal and majority of the voters vote in favor of the legislative proposal; the proposal is sent to the President and she or he must sign it into law, or veto it. If signed into law, the proposal automatically becomes law of the land. If vetoed, Congress can issue a Veto Override Referendum, in which 3/4 of the voters and Congress will have to vote in favor of overriding the President's veto.

Bi-Monthly Publicly Signed Initiatives
Under the Bosniean Constitution, individual citizens are granted the power to propose a law or amendment to their state/province constitution or the federal constitution. The sponsor(s) of the initiative first must start an Officially Recognized Public Petition (ORPP) through their local National Public Democratic Involvement Bureau (NPDIB). The sponsor(s) must then obtain a certain number of valid signatures by the public. The signatures will then be reviewed and approved by their local National Public Democratic Involvement Bureau (NPDIB). The petition then becomes an Officially Recognized Initiative. The Initiative will then be either directly placed on the ballot for public vote without the need of Congress' approval or will have to be voted on within Congress before being allowed on the ballot; depending on the initiative framework and ideologies.

Referendums in the month of July and August, 2019 -

August 2nd/19 - Congress issued a Legislative Proposal Referendum to all states/provinces.
The Legislative Proposal was the Election Attack Response Act, in which would consider foreign nations attempt to hack federal or state elections as an attack on Bosnie's democratic process which would result in immediate sanctions on that nation from Bosnie.
Referendum Results: With 189 million Bosniean citizens voting on the referendum, the legislative proposal of the Election Attack Response Act was defeated.

August 14th/19 - Congress issued a Legislative Proposal Referendum to all states/provinces.
The Legislative Proposal was the Urban Development Policy Initiative, in which would allocate suitable federal funds to increase the general welfare of urban neighborhoods and areas in Bosnie. Funding would go towards infrastructure improvements in urban areas, an increase in healthcare facilities and hospitals in urban areas and quality city-wide transportation.
Referendum Results: With 192 million Bosniean citizens voting on the referendum, the legislative proposal of the Urban Development Policy Initiative passed.

No initiatives in the month of July and August, 2019

National Updates

Federal Government Introduces "The National Progressive Package" At National Progress Agenda Summit

woman-speaking-at-a-podium.jpg

President, Jacinda Karisik outlining the framework of the National Progressive Package at National Summit.

-
Every three years, Bosnie hosts a National Progress Agenda Summit, where government leader meets with citizens and foreign policy experts and creates ideas for national progression. The federal government introduced what they are calling the, 'The National Progressive Package'. The package will include a number of progressive policies on every aspect of society and life in Bosnie. The package will provide free healthcare to pregnant woman, will provide free, safe abortions, will fund underdeveloped schools, will fund infrastructure advancements in urban areas, will provide free transportation in major Bosniean cities, will assist funding co-op businesses, will provide urban agriculture to provide jobs, will ban the privatization of prisons, will change high school curriculum to assist students with mental illnesses, will temporarily decrease sales tax on all organic and plant based foods, will provide the public with tax assistance and more. President Jacinda Karisik made a memorable conclusion saying, "I can not explain the level of pride and fulfillment I feel, to sign this package into law that myself and my party introduced to Congress last year; before I have to leave office for a couple of weeks for maternity leave. I am extremely thankful and proud of my colleagues, my cabinet, but more importantly the citizens of Bosnie; for pushing the government to implement a package of policies which will benefit them and their families directly."

Ulstome announces proposal for tunnel between itself and Aherlia

In a session of Ulstome’s Montonget earlier today George Roberts, leader of the Nua Nasjonal Parti which forms the current Ulstome government, publicly announced to the house and to the nation at 9 AM of the proposal which they have proposed to the nation of Aherlia.

“I stand before you all today, as leader of this great nation and her people, to inform you of a decision which we the government have made, a decision that if carried through will greatly assist our nation in its prosperity and growth as a nation and a people. A decision that if carried through would see trade between us and our neighbor grow tremendously to reach new heights through ease and accessibility. A decision that if carried through will allow both this nation and her neighbor aswell as other to grow and expand their economies and investments, as the flow of goods between us and Aherlia, if this decision is carried through, becomes cheaper and faster than ever before.

I have written a letter to Aherlia outlining the decision we have made and if accepted then the honorable members of this cabinet will be in full effort with our good neighbors to see that the decision we have made is carried through to the best of both our nations ability.

We have made a decision to propose, to the good nation of Aherlia, the creation of a tunnel between our two nations. A tunnel that runs underneath the sea and creates a physical link between us. We have done similar ventures by ourselves with assistance from the good nations of Eras in creating these great feats of engineering and planning between the continent and our islands and from our islands to our other islands, the positive effects of which we have seen and will continue to see.

Now with a similar venture we wish to forever connect us to our neighbors so that we may grow together to the future, a decision that I know is support by the NNP and by parties across this Montonget.

Now I have talked far to long to you all without showing you a shred of the letter that I wrote and trust me I will show you all.”

George calmly from beneath the papers on which his speech was written took out a copy of the letter that he sent and held it up for all the members to see. “In my hands I hold a copy of the letter, one that outlines the decision that we have made and I, in my highest confidence, know will be accepted.” He declared still holding the paper high up for a few more seconds before he brought it down to rest in front of him.

“I will read to you all part of the letter that was sent, and don’t worry the full letter will be released for all your viewing once this session is over.” He straightened his tie as the last words passed through his lips before he began to read part of the letter.

‘As a fellow nation on Icenia and as a good and reliable neighbor, I George Roberts leader of the NNP, leader of Ulstome and leader of the people, wish for our nations to come together, as good friends do, to cooperate on the grandest level. Together our nations could construct a great tunnel, one that passes underwater across the sea that separates our two great states from the territorial borders of one another with both rail and road, with to and from, with safety and efficiency. By working together we can bring trade and prosperity to not only our own nations and people’s but also to each others and in doing so create a great upward spiral that every nation of the world would be able to do nothing more than stand in awe of its success.

By using the experience and successful planning that Ulstome has done on its numerous projects before such as our great continental tunnels and Island connection routes to ensure stable, successful and efficient oversight of the project and by using the large economic and personal power of both our nations together can we ensure that our nations can be linked together, as we progress in our development and wealth to be able to do so together where both our states benefit and both our people and societies are prosperous can this projects success go forward into a Prosperous future.’

This was a mere faction of the letter which I sent, within the letter much greater levels of detail were present than what I showed you now and when each of you read it for yourselfs you will not deny it, rather you will be in its full support, support which I am sure our good and reliable friends across from our nation will feel the same way about.

When accepted, the right honorable members of the Montonget who you see beside me today” he gestured to the members of the cabinet who were eagerly sitting in their seats “will take the thorough plans that had already been made in preparation for an acceptance to discuss and prepare with those in our neighbor to ensure that both nations, ours and theirs, do their part in seeing this great project through, to the benefit of us all!”

————————

The Montonget erupted in applause from all sides, all corners, all leanings, the support was behind it but would the Aherlia support be the same, or will this plan crumble and crash before it’s even left the ground. We will await the decision.

Hi my RP is Amorta and I need to do my first RP

Hi,
This is an IC (in character) thread meant for news posts of things happening in your nation. Please keep out of character chatter to the appropriate subforums or our Discord server.
Thanks.

~Esp

Last edited by a moderator:
Fruit Thieves major source of crime by Naizerris abroad

40c5253f3b10404571ff3e9920f17682bcb60f0a34a23101b617395095584699.jpg

A Naizerri criminal gang were captured by Skandan police trying to steal more than four tons of oranges

Theft of goods - almost entirely fruit or other similar produce - and disorderly conduct represent the majority of crimes committed by Naizerri abroad, a new study commissioned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shows. The study, done by renowned statistical analysis firm BIBE with support by Guslantis' multinational Thomas, used crime figures by more than 17 countries and the Ministry's own figures regarding consular assistance to those arrested by foreign states.

Asked about the seemingly strangely high instances of fruit theft by Naizerri abroad, ministry spokesperson Ime Abenyi emphasised the need to "follow local laws at all times, even if they seem illogical or unnecessary", and added that "consular assistance will always be provided, but resources are limited, and spending time on fruit thieves means less time for more serious cases."

BIBE statistician Ahmose Iahmesu cited cultural differences for the high number of cases of fruit theft. "In Naizerre it is considered that fruit growing on trees are fair game, so to speak. Anyone can take one or two off the tree or bush. That is not the case in the vast majority of other countries, and can lead to incidents."

Whilst characterising the majority of cases as minor, the study also points out several extreme cases. In one such instance, a group of Naizerri tourists ate over 1000 Meten worth of grapes at a vineyard in Highton. Some cases are explicitly criminal in nature, with the most major being that of a criminal gang of Naizerri who attempted to steal more than four tons of oranges in Skanda.

The statistics also revealed a change in policy at the ministry - with it now offering consular services to people of Naizerri descent not born in the Marä, a reversal of the previous stance as put forth by then High Chief Mboto Jones.

The Voice of Essalan
'From the High Chief to His People, All the News that Matters!'

Tender for Telecomm contract has been officially opened for bids
images

For too long Essalanea has existed in a state of deprivation with regards to telecommunications, primitive cell towers have been a source of warfare and strife and with the exception of Neuanfang and Kimbria the nation has existed in near medieval levels of communication and connectivity.

That ends today! the Grand Moot has formally declared the nations telecom project to be active and opened the floor to bids from international companies. The winning corporation will gain an immense say in how the nations telecommunications grid is established as well as a decent chunk of revenue during the process of establishment.

Mob Boss Executed in Kimbria

bvx1UdV.jpg

[
While the annual Number of Skinnings in Kimbria have reached an all-time low there have been several high profile eliminations this year]

Law Enforcement in Kimbria confirmed today that prominent straits mob boss Stanislaw Lazewsky was apprehended and executed along with the majority of his associates, He had previously refused to pay the levy fee expected of all foreign businesses in Kimbria. The Snake Sisters promptly skinned him and had the flayed corpse placed in the market square as a warning.

When asked to comment the First Sword of Kimbria had only this to say 'Free Port means Free, but never forget who runs the show or you might end up in the market square'

Clan Volkmann Offers to provide Epiphanes with Subsidised Beef

RB_11_9593.ngsversion.1525294843751.adapt.1900.1.jpg

News of the Epiphanes current food insecurity has prompted calls for the clans to provide aid to their neighbour, The Grand Moot today offered to send large quantities of Steppe reared beef to the Epiphanes as part of a subsidised Aid Package, the Epiphanes has yet to comment.

Last edited:
GNN NEWS
Business Talk With Bob Parker

Q&A with the CEO of WcMonalds

'WcMonalds is one of the largest Fast Food companies in Eras. Founded by Colonial officer Colonel William Chester Monald in 1902 the franchise has evolved from a simple family diner into a truly global brand name'
image.png

3075491920_fd16e4fc93_b.jpg

[Founder Colonel William Chester Monald]

march_news_coca_cola_james-quincey.jpg

[Harald Morton Jnr III current CEO and Great Grandson of Monald]

WcMonalds is one of Era's most ubiquitous brands, serving cheap and convenient burgers in a family-friendly setting. The companies stocks rose by nearly 5% over the last three years but many critics have pointed to instances of corporate negligence and employee abuse as proof the brand is tarnished.

Today we have CEO Harald Morton Jnr III in the studio to answer the burning questions about what the brand stands for and where to from here!

Mr Morton your company has branches across Eras, what do you say to those critics that accuse your brand of being soulless and monopolistic
It's a Free Market! If people didn't want our food then we would not be in the position we are in today!

There has been major talk of your increased participation in Craviter, is this true?
Craviter has always been a market with amazing potential, now with the new economic agreements, we think the time is right to expand and tap into emerging markets!

In the past WcMonalds has attempted to capitalise upon local cuisine to promote itself to nations it has branches in, this has not always gone smoothly
Are you referring to the Surstromming incident?

The 1995 Surstromming promotion in Andrenne led to 30 hospitalisations from acute gastritis, 5 ICU admissions and one death, is that not true?
The Incident was a valuable teaching point for the WcMonalds franchise, we mourned the dead, compensated survivors, retrained our staff and now have not had a fish related death since 2012! How many companies can actually boast such an improvement

What about the recent accusations of employee abuse in Astragon? a menial employed at one of your airport restaurants was found dead with his face plunged into his fryer following over 18 hours of continuous work
That situation was hard for everyone but to the Astragon teams credit they retrieved the man's body, filtered the fryer and continued working to serve the good people of Kayyvan International despite the hardship, That's what makes WcMonalds the franchise it is!

You are now planning to enter the Essalanean market as the nations first fast-food chain, are you not concerned about the potential risks of introducing fast food to a largely nomadic people

The free market will decide Bob, we are opening a branch in Kimbria's foreign district that will primarily serve tourists, however, if clan patrons decide they like our product we would be eager to discuss options with the relevant clan authority

You are aware that Rat and Marmot are prime sources of meat on the steppe? what if they want Rat Burgers?

If the Clans want Rat Burgers we'll serve them, tail and all!

Well.... this has been enlightening, That was Business Talk with Bob parker!

Last edited:
9UxfONH.png

Statement from the Department of Defense in Mondari
Due to increased pressures abroad and the recent change in national defense strategy to put more focus on the Kianese region; the Midranean military will be undergoing a massive reorganization in the upcoming months. This will change the regions that the military is involved in, and put more of a focus on the southern half of the world. This change will make the military more able to focus power and should prevent it from being stretched too thin. More information will be released as the progress continues.
Desmond Xavier
Secretary of Defense in the RM

Last edited:
Defence Investments

Today the NNP defence minister, Harold von Vannestein, gave a public announcement at 11 AM in which he declared the agreement of several Defence Investments which would "ensure the continuation of a secure Ulstome nation through a strong and growing Defence force with the capabilities to prevent any threat reaching Ulstome's shores and harming her people" as he stated in his announcement earlier today. The NNP had faced criticism from opposition parties over the last few years for an inefficient use of what was considered an excessive defence budget for the size of the Ulstome forces and had been perusing a gradual expansion towards the goals they had set forth in their manifesto which they were elected upon.

The Defence Investments that were announced included further investments across all of the military branches. "With the goal of reaching the 300,000 active personnel and 300,000 reserve personnel including those in training after atleast 5 years that we had made clear in our manifesto and with the excellent co-operation with our defence contractors such as Ulstome Ordnance and Haslaford Defence Industries aswell as the Shipbuilders Union we have been able to make outstanding agreements that will expand our forces on land, sea and air to be an effective fighting force in both size and equipment."

The large number of defence investments that were announced began with the investment into the airforce, an agreement had been made for the production of 120 Aftscoth Trodfly multi-role fighters bolster the airforce numbers and allow some of the airforces older aircraft to be replaced and sent into storage, many pilots will be happy to hear that they will be the ones piloting these newly purchased aircraft. There was also an announcement of a further investment into the Ulstome navy with an additional 4 destroyers being planned to be constructed, these extra vessels would provide much an improved strength to the Ulstome naval presence. Lastly were the announcements of the investments into the army, there would be an additional 50 IH-8 attack helicopters alongside the purchase of standard equipment to equip the expanding force.

HvoMS3M.png

A STATEMENT FROM ARMY GENERAL STAFF
04 September 2019
TO: Herzen

TO ALL RELEVANT PERSONNEL ASSIGNED TO 3. Fallschirmjaeger-Division ‘Kjargsdorf’

Because of the success of Operation Marder and the destruction of the main element of the BRH, as an elite unit, high command assignes all units within the 18. Fallschirmjaeger-Brigade ‘Steffisdorf’ to riot contol and law enforcement duities alongside its COIN operations. Reserves will be pulled from the 42. Fallschirmbatalijon and shall be placed under brigade command. Stand by for further instructions.

Godspeed,
Kaiserhall Military Command Army Branch

Last edited:
The Astragon Herald

Breaking News: Flash Floods Hit Northern Astragon

h_02392429-e1502865617502.jpg

01_cyclone_gettyimages-1131442466.jpg

Following unusually high levels of rainfall large areas of Menhe Hailasse province are experiencing flooding and widespread damage, Prince Kaitha has declared a state of emergency in the region. Co-ordinating the aid reponse General Hevsha Thashad has this to say:

'At least 30% of the state has experienced major flooding, our primary task will be to initiate disaster relief and search and rescue efforts in affected areas, we encourage residents who can safely do so to head for your nearest evacuation zone'

A full Kaiderin Battalion has been deployed to assist local relief efforts, there are fears that disease and lack of access to safe drinking water could exacerbate the already serious situation. Casualties are currently estimated to be in the thousands with many killed in the initial flooding and countless people wounded or displaced in the subsequent chaos.

The Imperial Council is encouraging anyone who wishes to donate money, essential items or who wishes to volunteer for the civil defence to report to their nearest government office.

Last edited:
RAP NEWS

Today's news:
The 1st Battalion Granatieri di Mavoia “Baionetta” to replace the 9th Bersaglieri Battalion in Gaiseric Base.
The Doge threatens to dissolve the Parliament if a Majority Government isn't formed
Enrico Di Goldi summoned to Doge's Palace
Floods in Astragon

"Hello, I am Pietro Rossi, here for RAP news.
The The 1st Battalion Granatieri di Mavoia “Baionetta” will rotate into Gaiseric base. The 9th Bersaglieri Battalion will soon return home. Gaiseric Base is to also soon recieve 2 pairs of Predicean TAI Örns.

The Doge has threatened to dissolve Parliament should a Majority Government not be found within 3 months. The Gonfaloniere has said that he would try to form a coalition with the Citizens Party. The Conservative Party's Spokesperson has said that "The Conservative Party will attempt to form a coalition as soon as possible. We need to keep the country united.

Enrico De Goldi has been sent a letter summoning him to the Doge's Palace in Nuevo Antofagosta for his acts in Goyanes. It is unknown what will happen at this time, although it is speculated that he will be Knighted there by His Serenity, Doge Giorgio II.

The State of Menhe Hailasse in Astragon has suffered significant flooding. Casualties are unknown at this time. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has put out a statement: "Predice expresses her sorrow due to the disaster in Astragon.

That is all for today"

THE VOICE OF ESSALAN
'From the High Chief to His People, All the News that Matters!'

Breaking News: Demonstration Outside Grand Moot Turns Violent

96721424_bf99094534.jpg

[Mounted police were called in to disperse rioters]

A situation developed today in Neuanfang, protestors representing the Hochvolk clan descended upon the Moot to demand reparations and legal action against clan Karg. The Hochvolks were formerly one of the largest clans in central Essalanea, that changed in 2017 when they sided with the Volkmann and were victims of a brutal pogrom by then Karg chieftain Ulli.

Of the 16,000 Hochvolks over 8,000 were killed during the months of Ulli's bloody rampage, today the survivors are demanding compensation and justice for ther lost kin, current chieftain Avina Hochvolk had this to say:

'We supported you Gaiseric and we paid the ultimate price! The spirits of my dead call out for vengeance against the Karg! Be true to your word high chief and give my people justice!'

Protestors wielding banners and placards with slogans such as 'You should have put the dogs down' and 'Gaiseric your silence is a betrayal!' filled the plaza outside the nations assembly building. Karg Protestors also formed their own line on the opposite end of the square.

eventually, both sides began taunting one another and clashes broke out, things devolved into chaos when a Karg bondsman was stabbed by a Hochvolk, the outrage at this act led to a pitched battle that overwhelmed the local security cordon.

Soldiers and mounted units from the local army base were deployed to suppress the ensuing riot, in total over 40 people were killed and a further 100 wounded, the riot is being called a national tragedy. Calls for the Karg to face trial for their actions are growing and rumours of Clan Rugen supporting a trial have been spread. Neuanfang is currently under lockdown, it is unclear if this event will prompt changes to the open city policy Neuanfang has previously supported during Moot gatherings.

Last edited:
kVgD0iW.png

A window of opportunity
by Tristan Walker
09 September 2019

After successful operations in Enneheim and the almost complete annihilation of the heads of the insurgency, the Heer has managed to bring the radicals to the table. Spokesman Oberst Leo Hönigmann said to local news that "After intense negotiations, they have agreed to a preperation for peace talks. The NBF has a 12 day long window to negotiate the terms, Heer command in Enneville also halted Operation Marder for the time being and parachute troops will be occupying the area, serving as peacekeepers".

Reports from the Heer say that while Operation Marder is being halted, the army's veteran troops will be moving into insurgent held territory and occupying it. These troops together with the Enneheim State Militia and Gendarmerie will take the role of law enforcement and will be responsibel for the disarmament of NBF fighters should peace be achived.

While the army is spearheading this operation, Marine spokeswomen Vizeadmiral Mia Van Houten said that "The navy will be deploying 3 destroyers to support the efforts of the Küstenwache. The Küstenjägerkorps will also take up positions along the coast to support the army."

Last edited:
5MaYJms.png

Foreign Minister Ken Lorge responds to Demescian Delegate Premier's comments on Sutherland Crisis

Newsroom -- May 26, 2019

GOJANNESSTAD, NYHETT -- The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ken Lorge, responded to the comments made in a public speech by the Delegate Premier of Demescia, Okeke. Okeke claimed that "Meterrans will ultimately take the biggest hits. Not Goyanes" and that Goyanes' Navy should "stay out of affairs that affect others [and] not them." The comments, were taken in two radically different ways by the two political leans in Goyanes. Conservatives tended to criticize the message on the basis that it goes against Goyanes' duty to protect its allies in the region, and Liberals tended to argue that Goyaneans needed someone to point out their interventionism.

Ken Lorge made a public statement to the press today at the Foreign Ministry in Gojannesstad. Among other things, he stated that "Goyanes is active in the region because our allies do not feel safe about the current situation. They are not confident that META, or for that matter, Midir or McMasterdonia will bring anything positive to the situation." In addition, he noted that "until the negotiating authorities can agree to a lasting solution for peace, Goyanes will continue to protect our allies and interests in the region."

The move was applauded my members of the ruling National Union Party, which have made supporting Sutherlan independence a core part of their foreign policy strategy this term. Members of the opposition criticized the militarism of Norberg's administration and called for immediate withdrawal of the task force. Arguably, until the situation advances though, there is not much Goyanes can do.

More news will come as the story develops.

Broadcasting Corporation of Peuportîle

12 Confirmed Dead in Peuportîle after Bank Robbery

Earlier today, gunshots were reported and police were called to the Peuportîle National Bank in the small town of Resdon. As it turned out, a group of six men had attempted to take the gold being held inside the bank, which had reportedly been waiting for transfer to the capital city.

The city’s small police force arrived on the scene, consisting of less officers than those themselves committing the heist. Unknown to the robbers until they broke into the bank’s vault was that the gold had already been moved. They attempted to flee but were stopped after the arrival of the town’s volunteer police force and militia.

As surrounding towns’ police forces rushed to join Resdon’s, a gunfight broke out in the bank robbers’ attempt to flee, and all six were killed without a single police casualty. After searching the bank, the police found that every person inside, including employees, had been shot, although who are not yet reported dead.

From the police: “We regret to report that, so far, that 6 innocent people have been confirmed dead in the Resdon Robbery/Shooting. Names of the deceased are to be reported soon. The identities of the shooters are still unknown.”

Last edited:
The Astragon Herald

Breaking News: Emperor Kaskaran III Dies

tumblr_oshce2cwDf1rmfhybo3_400.jpg

Citizens of Astragon, it is with heavy hearts that we today report to you the death of our beloved Sovereign. The palace officially revealed the Exalt Emperors passing today amid speculation that the emperor's health had worsened in the last year.

Reigning for 38 years Kaskaran III Na Valdishah was the architect of many reforms in the empire ranging from greater civil liberties to attempts to reform the nations government offices.

National mourning has been declared and all flags will be lowered to half-mast during this time of sorrow. In accordance with tradition, his body will be buried in the sacred valley of Balesha in the tombs of his forefathers.

May Kaidain, Shadai and the Messiah bless and raise up his Exalted soul and grant him eternal glory in the life to come.

Last edited:
xN1UEez.png

Adonai-Jireh- Iraelia was shocked to hear of the death of Emperor Kaskaran III of Astragon. The Emperor was known as a loving leader to his people and a friend of Iraelia. His Imperial Majesty served as commander of the Astragons Volunteer Army during the Skandan-Iraelian War and was seen as a beacon of friendship and cooperation between the two nations. Hundreds were reported to have gathered outside the Astragon embassy in the capital to pay their respects.
Prime Minister Yamesh and opposition leaders Hiskiyah, Gadi, and Arel stepped off of the campaign path to issue a joint statement of mourning and praise for the departed Emperor. They were joined by the leaders of most registered parties contesting the upcoming election.

Dayyan Midbar Gadi of the Great Temple also issued a statement, referring to Emperor Kaskaran III as a true bedrock of his people. The Dayyan offered a prayer for the Emperor's soul, and declared "Shaddaists everywhere are in mourning alongside our brothers and sisters in Astragon."

oIQCuqB.png
Peng Pratiwi gives nod for 400 acre Wildlife Protection Unit.

Pzrach: In a Recent development and growing concerns for preserving the wildlife,Peng Pratiwi has given nod for development of 400 acre Wildlife sanctuary, that'll give home to Kuat Tigers , Dasnian Royal Lions along with other 1400 endangered species. The Animals will also be given proper natural shelter and food facilities so in order to Increase the population of these species.

J4dFcAD.jpg

Image Courtesy: DBS Wildlife

Peng Pratiwi in his recent press conference stated. "Today , The World is urbanizing at a rapid pace, forgetting their origins and their actual homes.Today, We can see rapid industrialization and urbanization across various countries in Eras, which is good for their economies. But we should neither neglect nor forget the importance of these innocent species because of whom the ecosystem is maintained. Even if we , humans become the most advanced of the species, we should never put animal safety at risk. Our advancements shall never come at the cost of ecosystem. Today, not only Dasnia, but i also invite the other countries of Eras to come together and fight Animal exploitation and work together towards a Green, Healthy,Eco-Friendly and Sustainable future!"

The 400 acre Wildlife Protection Unit has been funded by more than 200 Environment protection NGOs and 55 Pvt Companies for it's maintainence and security.

Small Dasnian Towns will contribute more than Big Cities in Tourism Sector , says DNESO.

Pzrach: According to a Recent survey by Dasnian National Economic Survey Organization, Small Dasnian Towns ,Tier II and Tier III cities will contribute to the Tourism Sector more than Tier I cities. The Survey shows that , with the Increase in Tourist attractions across Dasnia, Tourism sector has become the no.1 option after agriculture to start a business. According to the report, Only 59K New Busniesses in the Tourism sector were registered in July-August as compared to 72K , 68K and 70K in Tier II , Tier III and Small Towns respectively.

FL6SxXC.png
Image Courtesy: DNESO

DID YOU KNOW?:
The Tourism Sector is Set to overtake Agriculture and Oil Sector in Economic Contribution by October 2019.

5ba8ffb639ce1a32438b456b-750-562.jpg

The Increase in Tourism and Tourism funding by Peng Pratiwi has resulted in increase in Per Capita Income by 10% and also increase in The GDP i.e 825 Billion as compared to 750 Billion in 2018-19.

©Dasnian Broadcasting Services , Ministry Of Communications Dasnia
2019-2020
All Rights Reserved

Last edited:
OwpmBlI.png

Lancerian Company Anvene Announces Large Investment In Lab Grown Meat

GRvZ0hv.png

Lanceria's largest food and beverage company, Anvene, announced a large investment in research of lab grown meat products today at a press conference at the company's headquarters in Junot.

"Like the Lancerian people as a whole, we have always believed that care of the environment and its creatures is paramount." said company President Roselyne Gallois, "We've made strides in that category in the standards applied to meat and other products we purchase or produce but we'd like to continue that commitment. This investment in lab grown meat is the next step in that endeavour and the future."

While scientists note that serious progress needs to be made on reducing the carbon footprint of the energy required to produce lab grown meat despite its non-use of herds of cattle, the company stated its aim to bring the first lab grown meat to the Lancerian market in around 5 years, depending on government policy and safety certification progress.

oIQCuqB.png
The Golden Dragon lowered , The Rising Star is the new normal.

Pzrach: The Peng Pratiwi Government took a major decision this morning when the Cabinet and Peng Pratiwi finally decided to abolish the old flag, and introducing to the Dasnians, a new flag. The old flag has been termed as "Conservative and Rather old looking" in the official press release by the Cabinet.
Here's what Peng Pratiwi said.
"Today, Dasnians are seeing a surge in the Tourism and other fields of business that contribute heavily to the GDP. So, a rather old and conservative flag won't denote what's in the making. It can't show progress and rapid growth in the economy. A Powerful Flag that shows Eras, what we strive for, is what Dasnians were wanting since 1990s when urbanization was on a rise. Today i promise to all my citizens that this flag , will not downgrade our reputation and our sovereignity and our power as it was before. Our Sunshine Industry, IT Industries flourish and so the flag should denote. This flag is dedicated to the Capitalist and the Thriving Citizens that work hard day and night to keep this nation running in full harmony and rapid growth output. Thank You"

IkOOp2r.png

Image Courtesy : DBS Live

SyncCn5.png

The Rising Star : New National Flag of Dasnians.

Peng Pratiwi visits National Wildlife Protection Unit

Pzrach: Peng Pratiwi visited the National Wildlife Protection Unit to inspect the work being done. The Wildlife Protection Unit was recently given a 400-acre expansion to facilitate the growth and reproduction of the 1400 listed species that are endangered.
Peng Pratiwi and his guards attended an Animal Communication skills workshop before entering the Protection Unit since weaponry is extremely prohibited in the area.
Recently a group of hunters and trespassers were shot dead by the Dasnian Environment Protection Task Force after they tried to touch a baby panda playing near the boundaries of The National Wildlife Protection Unit

.live
Massive Protests in Pzrach after the Golden Dragon lowered.
Pzrach: What was meant for people came to be an offense. Over 12,000 people came to the streets after the Golden Dragon flag was lowered.
When Our Team asked few of these protesters, the Answers were shocking.
"We never wanted a new flag, we know how we want our identity to be potrayed. A new identity should not be forced to us"
"This is a total insult of Pzrach's traditions and culture. We will burn these new capitalist flags if the Government puts these up into any of the places"
"Does Peng even know what is culture? what are traditional values? A nation's identity is it's people , not its economy for f***'s sake!"
"Yes, we wanted a new flag, but this flag doesn't even portray what we were looking forward to! We wanted that Golden Dragon in each and every new flag that Government should've proposed! We didnt want an Economy Driven Flag! We Wanted A New Flag that still symbolises our Identity!"

Last edited:
Peng Pratiwi agrees to People's Demands, Re-creates the new Flag

After Massive Protests in Pzrach resulting to Property damages, Instead of increasing the Heat among the People, The Cabinet decided to Re-create the New flag. The New Flag will be officially unfurled by 1200Hrs IST.
None of the Cabinet members and Peng Pratiwi himself came for a press conference, Because today, Peng Pratiwi had to go for an Industrial Visit in South Pzrach.

]
lKR3cxD.png

Valamo; Sum short news post i wanted to make:
In Valamo today, after agreements between political party leaders and the National General over the perioud of a few weeks a new constitution has been drafted and approved for the National Republic of Valamo; It will be posted to be shown to the public by the 6th of October. Additionally, laws were entirely remade and new laws have been made for the general populace of Valamo.

Due to the agreements; Ihor Juntunen will be the National General of Valamo for 5 years, and by the end of the 5 years, elections are to begin.

During those 5 years, a trial is to begin over the Party of Socialists and Anarchists of Valamo; The Previous party that led the First and Second Commune of Valamo. Its scheduled to begin on the 26th of September, and the by the end of Ihor Juntunen's 5 year reign.

Now... About the weather...

Rafhazan; Sum short news post I wanted to make:
Today, its been announced by the King of Rafhazan that a new heir has been proclaimed for the Kingdom of Rafhazan. A celebration is to be made by the end of the week.

Additionally, the King of Rafhazan has sent a request to any nation that is interested to provide Rafhazan a few tanks. When asked as to why, the king stated that it was to deal with the insurgency in the south of the country, and to expand the Rafhazan's Royal Forces.

Now, onto the recent road construction....

Regional Minister beaten to death by the public, after misbehaving with a minor.

Peng Pratiwi's Regional Minister for Eastern bloc died yesterday after the public punched, slapped and thrashed him to death after he misbehaved with the minor of almost 14 years old. The Peng Pratiwi's administration has seen a steady decline in popularity after more than 120 of such cases were reported in 2018-19.

The National Democracy Bill Under Voting by Peng Pratiwi Committee.

There can be a huge relief in just a few more days after the Voting for NATIONAL DEMOCRACY BILL gets over. If the Bill gets passed, the citizens will be free in every possible manner. The Government will no longer control the media. Press restrictions and Compulsory military services will be abolished. A new Parliament will be set up and Judiciary will become Independent.

It's just a matter of time after which the Dasnians will celebrate their Freedom.

Last edited:
NUEVO ANTOFAGOSTA TIMES
The Predicean Mafia - an increasingly violent organization

SAVONA, PREDICE - The Predicean Mafia has been increasingly violent as of recent. This can best be seen in Savona, a Navy town, but also a major route for cocaine smugglers. The town has seen a massive spike in murders, with 53 so far, compared to 4 last year. So why is the Mafia lashing out? Police tactics have been getting more agressive; in January this year, the Police and Gendarmerie seized several shipments of a total 18 tonnes of cocaine worth over a billion IBU. In the process, 5 Mafia mebers were killed and 8 captued. This spike in murders is likely a retaliation for that, as well as to secure the ''Cocaine road'' into Meterra. Every year, an estimated 120 tonnes of cocaine flows through Savona, and into Meterra, generating billions of IBU in revenue for the Mafia. It is believed that the Savona Police is corrupt, and as such most of the policing of the Mafia is done by the Gendarmerie. Several recent high profile arrests of high ranking Savona Mafia members by the Gendarmerie shows, however that at least locally, there is hope for the future.
The rest of the Predicean Mafia has stayed relatively quiet, only defending their ports of entry for the cocaine, but as the Financial Guard and Gendarmerie clamp down, only more violence can be expected.

9UxfONH.png

Statement from the Department of Foreign Relations and Trade in Mondari
Upon hearing of troubling reports coming out of the northern Meterran nation of Oclusia, to include the persecution of the Courantist majority (52% of the population) in Oclusia and the prevention of their exit by threats of violence, the Mondic government is opening its doors to any refugee fleeing the seemingly authoritarian government of Oclusia and their discriminatory treatment of a religious group. We are also condemning the actions of the Oclusi government. We urge the leaders of Oclusia come to their senses and repeal these discriminatory laws before the situation deepens into a full scale international crisis akin to the Andrennian treatment of the Ajovulkans or the treatment of the Prydanians under the Syndicalist regime in their treatment of Shaddaists. In addition, we are urging the other nations of Eras, especially the nations closer to the issue to come forth and condemn the actions of the Oclusi government. We hope that this issue can be solved expeditiously and peacefully.
Jackson Campbell
Secretary of Foreign Relations and Trade in the RM

Last edited:
The Astragon Herald

Breaking News: Vizier Izrah Na Rishah condemns Oclusian Government
Museveni_July_2012_Cropped.jpg

The Regent of Astragon condemned Oclusia's new laws in a televised address, the Meterran state has generated international outrage following its ratification of laws that specifically target Courantists. The Vizier of Estates had this to say during his Address:

'Loyal Citizens of Astragon, we are a people of many faiths and many philosophies and yet we have always lived side by side without conflict, the events in Oclusia are a stark reminder of the consequences that await any state that forgets that all faithful are children of the divine.

The Oclusian government has blatantly turned upon its own people like a feral hyena feasting upon it's own young, they use the excuse of economics to justify an act of state-orchestrated terror but the world sees through your lies, Astragon sees through your lies!

You have sinned Mr Yermolayevich, your persecution is an act of wickedness with no moral justification, we in the Exalted Empire now join our voices with the chorus that now sings out across Eras and say to you bluntly, You are on the wrong side of history! Cease this godforsaken course of action and come to your senses And if sense is not something you possess then step down and pass your duties to someone actually able to fulfil them!'

Last edited:
DUaznew.png

In the early hours of this morning in the seas west of Meterra during a fit of poor weather over the ocean, a boat carrying around 15 Oclusian Courantists, who were fleeing from their oppression in Oclusia, made contact with the Ulstome naval destroyer HCM Islaford that was on duty escorting Ulstome ships in the area. At 06:24 a distress call was received by HCM Islaford from the refugee ship as it started to encounter difficulties on the ocean. Responding to the distress call HCM Islaford and her crew prepared for the worst as they approached closer and closer to the now sinking boat. Quick action was taken by the ships crew upon its arrival to safely rescue as many refugees as they could. One by one they got the refugees out of the choppy waters of the ocean and onto the safety of the destroyer where they were given dry clothes and food from the ships crew. They were also seen by medical staff to be treated for any injuries they may have. All 15 of the distressed where rescued and as far as the present all of them are fine. HCM Islaford has since received permission to return to Ulstome where the refugees will be given Asylum status so that they may remain in Ulstome.

These refugees are fleeing their religious persecution which is currently taking place in Oclusia against 52% of the nation population purely on the basis of their courantist faith. Many nations of the international community, including Ulstome, have responded to these actions by the Oclusian state with sanctions in an attempt to pressure the Oclusian Government to repeal their courantist laws. Whether this pressure will convince the Oclusian government or not has yet to be seen but in the mean time many Oclusian courantists such as those rescued by HCM Islaford have started fleeing the nation.

mHAls1l.png

OCLUSIA CRISIS: CALABRESE ORDERS EMBASSY EVACUATION

GLÖCKENKIRCHEN, AL -- The Crisis in Oclusia continued today as the Oclusian Congress issued a statement defending the new laws despite global condemnations. The new laws, which strongly discriminate against the democratic republic's Courantist majority, has faced much backlash across many continents. Highton's initial response was condemnation and beginning plans to pull out embassy staff, but this morning the President ordered an immediate evacuation, essentially abandoning the embassy. As hundreds of Courantists fled to bordering Yalkan, nations such as Highton, Goyanes, and Ulstome have prepared to welcome refugees. While there has been some division in the Pan-Gotic Union over how the crisis should be dealt, these nations, among others, have welcomed the refugees. Luft Highton flew about 60 refugees from the largest city in Yalkan, Børista, to Aleman International Airport. 43 are Hightonian citizens, and they are currently staying at a temporary location in Glöckenkirchen. All of the 150 or so workers at the embassy, including the Ambassador, were also flown back to Highton. The President spoke earlier: "The new laws passed by the Oclusian congress have no place in our modern world. Our goal is to make sure that Oclusia understands this. Highton's doors are open to all of these refugees." The number of Courantists fleeing discrimination to arrive in Highton is expected to be the largest refugee group to enter Highton since the Prydanian Civil War, during which Highton welcomed thousands of displaced Monarchists.

maxresdefault.jpg

HPL: AACHEN FINALLY BEATEN
Newly promoted Aachen SV have found themselves near the top of the table after an unstoppable start, in part thanks to new goalie Atta Hureg. But after a 3-1 defeat at Phoenix Stadium, that unbeaten streak has come to an end. A late goal from Syrixian international Manvir Kumar secured the Warriors' win, which now puts them fifth. See more HPL news -> HightonSport
RVp5QTm.png

Last edited:
Government Reduces taxes on Imports; brings Import tax to only 5%

The Government is really working hard to increase the Economic Output and Employment opportunities within Dasnia.
To do so, the first step taken by Dasnian Government is reducing Import Taxes to 5%, where it was earlier a whopping 25%.
The government has also reduced restrictions on Foreign Investments to make Economy, Business friendly.
The Government has however asked the MNCs to provide regular wages and less exploitation of Workers, followed by Good Working environment.

Last edited:
AjglYce.jpg

Morning Edition, 2 October 2019

MAJESTIC TWELVE CONDEMN OCLUSIAN GOVERNMENT, ENCOURAGE META TO ACT

Xi Char – A statement from the Council of the Majestic Twelve has been published by the Ministry of International Affairs, condemning the Oclusian government for it’s recent actions targeting Courantist citizens and also foreign nationals, most notably the murder of eight Midranean tourists. Many other nations from across Meterra and beyond have made similar condemnations in recent days and it looks increasingly likely that at least some in the international community may take more direct action to stop the ongoing issues in Oclusia.

The Council of the Majestic Telve have also called upon fellow META members to respond with a united front to this emerging crisis on Meterra and have offered support to the government of Saintonge in dealing with refugees from Oclusia.

No response has yet been received from the Oclusian regime, or from Saintonge.

Charrian Embassy in Oclusia on high alert

The alert status of the Charrian embassy inside Oclusia has been raised to the highest level, the Ministry of International Affairs announced today. Although the religious beliefs of the Embassy officials are not published, Haor Chall is after-all an officially atheist country, the unstable situation in Oclusia has led Haor Chall to follow other nations in raising the alert status, although as yet there are no plans to close the embassy or withdraw personnel. The ministry spokesman declined to answer questions and directed anyone with queries to check the Ministry of International Affairs website for more information.

The Ministry also announced an update to it’s travel advisory for Oclusia, to advise against all but essential travel to the country and advise against all travel for citizens of the Courantist faith.

Suspected drug dealers killed in shootout with ISD agents

Kuat – Two suspected drug dealers have been killed following a running gun battle with federal agents from the Internal Security Directorate and local police, in an old industrial district of the city of Kuat. According to sources in the police, the suspects refused to surrender when surrounded in an abandoned factory and attempted to escape in a pickup truck when law enforcement officers stormed the building. The ISD declined to provide any more details when asked for comment, but confirmed the case had been referred to the Independent Security Oversight Commission for review.

mCzbe0v.png

Last edited:
OwpmBlI.png
Archegnum Monarch in Critical Condition After Heart Attack
Natalie Betrand
Sept. 28th, 2019

Reigning monarch of Lanceria's close neighbour and only land border in Archegnum, King Nathanael II, has suffered a severe heart attack and is in critical condition at Dalehead Hospital in Lavoie.

Obit-Klugman_Horo.jpg

King Nathanael II at an event in 2016.

The 86-year-old King was reportedly at home in a countryside estate when the heart attack occurred. Hospital representatives have not updated the media after their initial statement that confirmed his condition as critical and that they were doing everything in their power to save their monarch's life.

Nathanael is the last remaining member of the Archegnum royal family. Childless himself, his heir apparent and younger brother Prince Henry was killed in a car accident in 2005, also claiming the lives of his wife and their two sons. Experts and politicians agree that the seat of the Archegnum monarch will remain indefinitely vacant in the event of his death.

Many political commentators see that vacancy as another formal hurdle potentially eliminated as Lancerian and Archegnum relations continue to grow closer and closer. This incident will no doubt spur a new wave of pro-federation talks on both sides of the border.

The staff at RTN would like to wish the best of luck to our southern neighbours through this difficult time.

Last edited:
RAP NEWS
ESSALANEA COVERAGE
Today's news:
Abaranza delivers 12 Armoured Vehicles to Essalanea
MoND donates 7 more CL-2Bs to Essalanea
MoFA ramps up aid efforts in Essalanea
Gendarmerie to train Essalanean Law Enforcement on riot control tactics

"For the first news of the day, Abaranza has delivered a batch of 12 Light Infantry Combat Vehicles to Essalanea, to improve the mobility and protection of Essalanean forces. It is expected that more will be given.

Secondly, the Ministry of National Defense has donated 7 more CL-2B armoured vehicles to Essalanea. The Clan Army has reportadely formed a cult around their only CL-2B at this time. It is expected that this will dissipate with the new arrivals.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is ramping up efforts to help healthcare, clean water, and food reach into the steppe via the clinic bus programme, where large busses will act as mobile clinics and food and water distribution centres.

And lastly the National Gendarmerie will be training the Essalanean Security Forces on riot control tactics after over 100 fatalities in the capital, Neuanfang during unprecedented rioting.

That is all for today on Essalanean coverage."

Arrandi-Essalan Transcraviter Railroad Deal Agreed Upon
Bravondkraj Kadzienny Saulnce (Bravondy Daily Sun)
October 4th, 2019

BRAVONDY—After weeks of negotiations with the Essalan government, a deal to build a railway from Mystzpolst across the continent to Kimbria was at last agreed upon. Chancellor Czeslaw Rozalvic met with High Chief Gaiseric and Demi-Chief Angrette and finalized the deal. Rozalvic championed the deal as “The most significant achievement of my tenure.”

“Essalanea takes the lead on this project,” spoke Gaiseric during a press conference in Bravondy following the agreement. “We will build Craviter with our neighbors and insure a better future for all.” He then donned a Kolpak fitted with the Essalan seal that was gifted from the King herself to celebrate the occasion.

The details of the agreement have not yet been released to the public, but some details have already been leaked. With Arrandal’s economy still recovering, Essalanea will provide the lion’s share of funding, but Arrandal will help subsidize the project by providing raw materials and labor to the project. With thousands of Arrandi still out of work after the civil war, there are plenty of workers ready and willing to be put to work.

Construction will start on the railway at both cities simultaneously, and they will meet in the middle somewhere on the steppe, likely near to the border with Arrandal. Preliminary work will begin this year, as stretches of track in Arrandal will need to be rebuilt or torn up to be brought up to modern standards, with full construction beginning next year in the spring.

The project is estimated to take three to five years to complete. The cost figures we can only guess at until the government releases the full agreement in the upcoming weeks. The King hopes that this project will help spur on the still recovering economy and to one day bring in even more trade and economic growth. In the meantime, the Essalans have also agreed to an initial purchase of 6 million Arrandi made hats in both Arrandi and Essalan styles as the demand for stylish headwear increases in their country.

Last edited:
gZvA0iNt.png

From the Office of Emperor Stephan Durnstein

Dear Citizens of the Hesskin Empire,
I am writing this to all of you today to inform you of the birth of our new Princess. Princess Eva Durnstein. She was born last night at 2:34 AM. She is a healthy baby. I apologize for the berviity of this however I must go back to attending to official business.

Creator Protect You All.

-Emperor Stephan II Durnstain

The Kalgary Bulletin
2019/10/5

Prime Minister Legitimacy Called Into Question

2016_11_28_Udenrigsministeriet_Overdragelse_0060-682x395.jpg

Parliament was ended early today after Prime Minister Kristian Johannsen stormed out, following a speech by MP Anne Ulburg.

Following Johannsen's recent accusations about tax evasion, Ulburg began talks today about the question of whether or not Johannsen has the right to hold the office of Prime Minister. In her short speech, she brought up the fact that he had, in fact, not been elected by the people, nor by the members of Parliament, and had rather been put there "As a puppet of the Monarchy". She went on to publicly ask the Central Court to request his tax information, and for Empress Grace to call a snap election. What would this mean for the Kanadian government? Snap elections are voted in by the members of Parliament, and after the most recent election in Wehrspaht, the Left-Wing parties hold a tiny majority in the parliament, which would most likely lead to a left leaning Prime Minister.

"We dare to call ourselves a democracy, when our people have had no choice in our Heads of State and Government."

Haegenstad Injured Following Spearing

The Kalgary Militiamens' rookie Edie Haegenstad was injured during today's game, when Senneran's Jodie Pommern jabbed him with the toe of his stick, under the chest pad. The length of Pommern's suspension is still yet to be decided, but it is guessed Haegenstad will be unable to play for a week or so. More to come from the Kanadian Ice Hockey Association.

IDjrZkmv0kkaqsT0VUeUhhWvWg6_rjNMJidWWUFqoDUhENbvC5BqxAF5o8tc3IRvETe8e8nZKPeDO9Zkd7eHKRA1jQB_zmxltR5bgJ1-nls
Kanada Central Court Votes to Request PM Tax Info

22604163-bningsdebat.jpg

Following demands from MP Anne Ulburg and other Liberale Parti members, the Central Court of Kanada decided 6-3 that they would be taking Johannsen's tax information. However, they did not come to a conclusion on whether it would be released to the public, voting 3-3 with three abstentions until next week. This begins the Central Court Case on the possibility of tax fraud committed by Johannsen.

Johannsen was first accused of tax fraud at the beginning of October, and the issue has practically frozen the Kanadian parliament, as the Liberale Parti majority refuses to work with Johannsen and the conservatives until he is cleared of any tax evasion.

Empress Grace is yet to speak on the possibility of a snap election.

Anti-Monarchy Protest at Kalgary Metro University.

This morning, most of KMU was closed following as a protest lead by students occupied the school courtyard, and the surrounding streets, as far north as Hoppnungästa. They attempted to march to the Palace, but Police managed to disperse most of the protesters by mid-afternoon with no violence.

Jodie Pommern Suspended for Twelve Games

After injuring Edie Haegenstad, Jodie Pommern of Senneran was removed from the ice, and forbidden from any further games until a proper suspension time was given. Haegenstad and the Militiamen have claimed he has recovered properly, and he will be playing tomorrow.

Last edited:
The Astragon Herald

Breaking News: Imperial Regent Killed in Bombing!

120621054812-bali-bomb-2-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Loyal Citizens,

It is with great sorrow and shock that we report to you today, the Vizier of estates and Imperial Regent Izrah Na Rishah has been killed in a suspected terrorist attack. The assassination occurred at around 9:30 in downtown Bayyah Na Tyrooz, the Sirens Den a popular jazz club was hosting the vizier for an evening of musical entertainment.

Prefect Corp and Internal Security units have cordoned off the area and are investigating what experts are currently calling a terrorist act. The explosion appears to have been triggered by a remote device suggesting a sophisticated operation by the perpetrators, The blast appears to have occurred from within the establishment.

Of the 50 individuals in the regent's entourage all save 3 have been announced dead, the survivors having been rushed to Vashah Sedhain General in critical condition. Authorities are calling on citizens to remain calm and to report anything that may lead to the arrest of the perpetrators of this heinous crime.

Back