official floof
-
Pronouns
he/they
TNP Nation
Darcania
Discord
@zephyrkul
Due to tinypic shutting down, our flag and seal are no longer expressly defined in the Legal Code. As such, I recommend we fix this ASAP. I managed to grab both files from web.archive.org, and thus propose the following bill:

Emergency Flag Bill:
  1. Section 10.1, clause 2 of the Legal Code will be amended to:
    Section 10.1:
    2. The following Coat of Arms, based on a design by ThelDran and updated by the Ministry of Culture of The North Pacific, is adopted as the Coat of Arms of The North Pacific:
  2. Section 10.1, clause 6 of the Legal Code will be amended to:
    Section 10.1:
    6. The following flag, as designed by ThelDRan and updated by the Ministry of Culture of The North Pacific is adopted as the official flag of The North Pacific:
  3. The Speaker will, upon this proposal taking effect, re-attach the seal and the flag as files onto the forum post which contains the official copy of the Legal Code, in place of using the files attached to this bill.

Rather than use tinypic or another hosting site for this, I have attached the files directly to this post, and thus the files are on the server directly. This does, however, mean that the files are associated with this post. I could add a third clause instructing the Speaker to, instead, attach the files to the post that holds the Legal Code, but I'm unsure how best to word that.
The images themselves are completely unchanged from the original law.

Last edited:
A no brainer. Why didn't you immediately motion to vote? I would add that third clause, though, to make sure this post isn't the anchor for the images.

Last edited:
A no brainer. Why didn't you immediately motion to vote?
I explained this in the OP already. By associating the files with the post above, I have the ability to delete the images from the forum completely. Thus the question of the potential third clause to the bill:
This does, however, mean that the files are associated with this post. I could add a third clause instructing the Speaker to, instead, attach the files to the post that holds the Legal Code, but I'm unsure how best to word that.

The Speaker will, upon passage of this bill, re-attach the seal and the flag as files onto the Legal Code directly, in place of using the files attached to this bill.

How does this sound for a third clause?

First of all, thank you for addressing my stupidity in rushing things. My only concern now would be a potential question over what post constitutes the official Legal Code, but I think only a pedantic idiot would challenge that. If someone did, I look forward to their imminent smackdown. I think this is as good as we're going to get.

Is there no way to find the original, best-quality images? Are those ones the best we can get?

If I recall correctly, those are the highest resolution images we have. Click the image to see full-size.

Last edited:
Is there no way to find the original, best-quality images? Are those ones the best we can get?
If I recall correctly, those are the highest resolution images we have. Click the image to see full-size.
These are the original resolution, yes. The forum shrinks them in posts and doubly so in quote boxes, but the actual full-size image is properly attached, and Sil is correct that you can see the original sizes by clicking on them.

These are the original resolution, yes. The forum shrinks them in posts and doubly so in quote boxes, but the actual full-size image is properly attached, and Sil is correct that you can see the original sizes by clicking on them.
Epic. Full support!

I move for a vote, and request that the Speaker shorten the period of formal debate for this bill to no more than one day.

I move for a vote, and request that the Speaker shorten the period of formal debate for this bill to no more than one day.
The motion for a vote is recognised, and the bill is now in a formal debate period of one day. A vote will be scheduled to begin two days after the formal debate period and will last three days, due to the time-sensitive nature of this bill.

Last edited:
Mr. Speaker, have you scheduled a vote?
The vote is scheduled to begin two days after the conclusion of the formal debate period, which will be (time=1569135600).

Last edited:
Mr. Speaker, this bill has passed, yet it has been implemented incorrectly. The Legal Code contains links to this bill's attachments, rather than containing their own attachments as per clause 3. As I understand it from what you've said on Discord, you are currently unable to attach files to the Legal Code, but I see no admin request for you to gain the relevant permissions. May I ask the status of clause 3 of this bill?

Mr. Speaker, this bill has passed, yet it has been implemented incorrectly. The Legal Code contains links to this bill's attachments, rather than containing their own attachments as per clause 3. As I understand it from what you've said on Discord, you are currently unable to attach files to the Legal Code, but I see no admin request for you to gain the relevant permissions. May I ask the status of clause 3 of this bill?
Apologies for the delay (N-Day and all that). The current implementation is a temporary fix. A request has now been made.

Mr. Speaker, you seem to have been granted permissions earlier this month, yet the legal code still has the temporary fix mentioned above.
Appears I've overlooked it since it was lumped with all the other re-masking requests. Sorry about that, I have now implemented the attachment as required by law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back