Meterra Economic Treaty Association

On Draconics' Full Membership, The Lancerian Empire votes AYE.
On Ninhundland as a Third-Party Member, The Lancerian Empire votes NAY.

K1dmVCS.png

The Republic votes AYE regarding Ninhundland's admittance as a 3PM.
The Republic votes AYE regarding Draconics proceeding as a Full Member.

Concerning the admittance of Ninhundland as a Third-Party Member, Haor Chall votes Nay.
Concerning the proceeding of Draconics' Full Membership, Haor Chall votes Aye.

The Kingdom of Plembobria requests to join the Meterra Economic Treaty Association (META) as a full member.

Eric Sanchez, Minister of Foreign Affairs

The Triple Federation votes as follows:

AYE - The admission of Draconis as a Full Member

ABSTAIN - The Admission of Ninhundland as a 3rd Party Member

The admittance of Ninhundland as a Third-Party Member. - Naizerre votes Nay
The proceeding of Draconics' Full Membership. - Naizerre votes Aye

Naizerre also supports the applications of McMasterdonia and Plembobria.

The Jewel concurs with Naizerre, McMasterdonia and Plembobria would make great members of our organization, and we support their admission.

The Federal Commonwealth would like to first point out the inefficiency of our process before we close out the current vote session and start a new one. Countries such as Midir have waited for a long time for their applications to even be considered, partially due to the long times of voting sessions.

So, the Federal Commonwealth proposes two motions:
  • We have a set deadline for voting for the current and future voting sessions.
  • We start discussion on Midir's application as a 3PM before we discuss other applications.

The United Kingdom of Sasten hereby votes as follows:

On the admittance of Ninhundland as a Third-Party Member, we lodge a vote of AYE.
On the proceeding of Draconics' Full Membership, we ABSTAIN from voting.

We offer our sincerest apologies for any tardiness in the submission of our vote.

It would be more efficient to concurrently discuss the applications of Midir, McMasterdonia, and Plembobria, and then vote on all three of those together.

Streyacora has chosen to vote AYE / YES for the full membership of Draconics, while voting AYE / YES also for the 3rd Party Membership of Ninhundland.

The voting session has concluded with the following results:
  • On the admittance of Draconics as a FULL MEMBER, META concludes with AYE (8Y, 0N, 1A)
  • On the admittance of Ninhundland as a THIRD-PARTY MEMBER, META concludes with NAY (2Y, 5N, 2A).
Congratulations, Draconics, on officially entering the Meterran Economic Treaty Association! We hope to work with the you on integrating into the Association.

So that we know who represents you in the organization, please give the following info:
[LEADER(S) TITLE] [LEADER NAME], [FULL NATION NAME], [PLENIPOTENTIARY NAME], [PLENIPOTENTIARY POSITION/TITLE IN YOUR NATION'S GOVERNMENT]

The view of the Majestic Twelve is that the current political situation, pertaining to McMasterdonia and Sutherland, make the discussion of accession by one of the parties (McMasterdonia) a more complex issue that it might otherwise be.

Accordingly, what we would like to motion for is that arrangements are finalised for a META summit forthwith, and that we discuss the application of McMasterdonia at the summit, along with the other issues already raised (establishment of a secretariat, etc). This would enable the collective leadership of META to discuss the issues surrounding this application more easily in person and not hold up other applications in progress. Our view is that this has the potential to be very significant in framing our credibility and the future of META as both an economic and a political organisation and requires proper thought within this context.

If the summit can be arranged promptly it will not overly delay voting on McMasterdonias application but will enable META to discuss more properly and securely the issues involved.

Ion Dardanus, Envoy to META on behalf of the Majestic Twelve of Haor Chall

Last edited:
The United Republic of Himika would like to request to join the Meterran Economic Association and petitions the body for full membership.

Signed,
President Luke Baker
Minister Dana Kiriyama

LEADER TITLE: King of Draconics

LEADER NAME: Notboss Dragonking

FULL NATION NAME: The Constitutional Monarchy of Draconics

PLENIPOTENTIARY NAME: Crescent Killer

PLENIPOTENTIARY POSITION/TITLE IN YOUR NATION'S GOVERNMENT: Ambassador to/of Draconics
Personal Advisor
King's Servant
(He is basically the second highest in all of Draconics)

Demescia favors Midir's third-party member, seeing that they have made efforts to deescalate the conflict between McMasterdonia and Sutherland.

We also favor the applications of Himika, the Somaad, McMasterdonia and Plembobria.

MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
MOST SERENE STATE OF PREDICE

Official Request to join the Meterra Economic Treaty Association
Your Excellencies, Predice has long had ambitions to join META, even if not public they still existed. The Predicean Government sees this as the right time to take action. We shall offically seek full membership in META as of now. Hopefully this shall be a momentus step in Predice's recovery, and development. The principles of free trade are good and honourable ones, and Predice seeks to gain benefit of this grand trade alliance covering almost all of Meterra. Predice shall join many nations before it, who whabe sent this application.
Umberto Alexander Giugini
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Most Serene State of Predice

Last edited:
Mateusz Szymanski stood to speak.

"Plembobria, the Somaad, Predice, Himika, Midir, and Skanda. These are not even the first nations to have applied for META this session. The free market is expanding, faster than ever before, and with it, peace and liberty for the nations of the Meterran continent and those nations in solidarity with it. I believe it is safe to say that the Empire made a very good investment when it applied as a Third-Party Member, and on its behalf, I am proud and honored to be here."

"That being said, there is one more nation applying that I did not include in my aforementioned list. McMasterdonia. I did not include it for good reason. As the honorable delegate from Haor Chall noted, the situation regarding McMasterdonia and Sutherland is very complicated, very volatile, and very tense. I would further add that outright accepting McMasterdonia using the normal method of application processing could inadvertently send a message that META is willing to align with McMasterdonia on the Sutherland issue. That is not something we need."

"Delegates, no matter where your own governments stand on the matter of Sutherland personally, it is undoubtedly clear that not approaching this subject as carefully as possible will have a significant impact on our credibility. McMasterdonia has allies. Sutherland has allies. We should know- the Empire is both an ally of McMasterdonia and a recognizer of Sutherlander independence. We are right smack in the middle."

"I believe it is much safer and much more politically and economically expedient for this Association to, as suggested by Haor Chall, hold a summit on the matter. Let us, rather than blundering into things, instead give this situation the attention, caution, and care it deserves."

Last edited:
King Charles II had written a letter to META requesting admission for the Kingdom of Ponterre in late January after discussions with his advisors, but had not yet sent it. After his death in February, it was put aside. Since it has now been two months since he passed, Gautier Courbet decided it would be a good time to send the letter. He had a discussion with the Prime Minister and a brief conversation with the Queen's regent, her mother Violette, before sending it. Gautier made a few small changes to account for the change in leadership, sealed the letter and sent another member of the Royal Advisory, William Bassot, to deliver it and speak to META if necessary.
Letter:
7YnMXMp.png

La Royaume Pontaise

The Kingdom of Ponterre sits geographically in the core of the Meterran continent and hopes it will have the opportunity to forge closer ties with the other great nations of the continent. Ponterre is a strong nation economically and culturally, and it hopes that it can have the chance to join its fellow Meterran nations at the table of META. This is why the Kingdom of Ponterre is officially seeking full membership into the Meterran Economic Treaty Association. Cooperation is the key to a successful future, and Ponterre believes admission would be mutually beneficial for both parties.

We hope that this opportunity will be realized by META and that Ponterre can form a bright future as part of the Association.

Signed,
Her Royal Majesty, Natalie Emilia d'Anjou, the Queen of the Ponterreans

The Federal Commonwealth does not see such an issue with the entry of McMasterdonia. As a politically diverse customs union, we are differentiating in opinion as to the Sutherland-McMasterdonian conflict and thus cannot be judged collectively based on a decision to introduce McMasterdonia into the META. We are above all else an economic union, and we expect the world to judge as such instead of a organization that's politically motivated otherwise.

Also, the Federal Commonwealth finds hypocrisy in the Empire's statement regarding Plembobria. The Plembobrian government is, too, rivaling a secessionist movement for an independent Crilalia. Yet, they (Plembobria) receive the Empire's favour while McMasterdonia does not. It doesn't make sense to accept one and decline the other.

The Majestic Twelve believes the Federal Commonwealth is far too optimistic in its attempts to separate economics and politics. Geo-economics is inherently political and no matter how we try and cast our position as purely an economic union our actions will still carry political messages and consequences. Our credibility as an economic union has an inherently political cast and to pretend otherwise will only undermine our international standing.

Nevertheless, we feel it is important to make clear: our primary concerns with the accession of McMasterdonia at this present time are economic.

We believe that admitting into META any nation with significant disputed territories generates many risks for META as an institution and for existing META member states. It would be difficult to ascertain whether such nations would be able to fully implement the requirements of META membership regarding free trade within their territory (depending on how their territory is such defined, itself a large part of the problem.). For example, there would be many potential legal issues for businesses trading in those areas, this would create significant uncertainty which is likely to affect the markets of META member states negatively.

Haor Chall is inclined to suggest a treaty change is needed, particularly as META is enlarged to the extent recent requests would lead to, such that any nation requesting to join META meet certain criteria - including the resolution of border disputes prior to accession. On that basis, we would like to motion that membership requests from nations with ongoing border disputes are tabled until such situations are settled.

We are happy to discuss this further, at the summit, if it can be arranged forthwith as a matter of urgency.

The Federal Commonwealth believes that to imply or assume that the decision of the Association based on economics is somehoe a determiner of constituents' attitude toward the Sutherland conflict undermines the political diversity of the organization and difference in opinions regarding Sutherlan sovereignty. Therefore, international diplomats are most likely smarter than to assume that META has a collective opinion on the situation, considering the plethora of opinions from each Signatory.

However, the problem of implementing free trade in disputed terrorities is nothing to be ignored. Demescia currently has no satisfying answer to the dilemma.

A letter was sent to the Association, originating from Naizerre:
Spectators of the world—lend me your ears, to hear my message; your eyes, to see the oppression of our people; your tongue, to taste the metallic tang of the blood spilt against us; your nose, to smell the stench of the slums we are forced every day to tolerate; and finally your fingers, to give your magic touch to dispel the true evil of this world.

I write from a place and from experiences not of the liberal world. I write from the heart of the Tambo people, whose aspirations and spirit were crushed repeatedly under the boot of the Hemi regime. Make no mistake: the Somi Union is not a union, nor was it ever. It is a hegemony that should have ended centuries ago. It is a civilization built from slave tradition, where families must sell their daughters and sons into servitude to alleviate some burden. That is what my parents did to me and my siblings. I am fortunate to have escaped the sweatshops of Hemt, where we toiled all day for a wage that our owners could just take away with the motion of an arm. My siblings, however, were not so fortunate; they sweat and toil to this day.

I write to you—esteemed Meterran Economic Treaty Association, a relatively new frontier in the liberal world of free trade—in hopes that you not only listen but act. Every köpörö invested into the Somi hegemony is a köpörö invested into continuing the hardships of my family and my peers, for evil will work not to respond well to reward but to abuse reward. Inaction also acts as a köpörö in this sense. The Somi hegemony—the Hems in particular—continued its transgressions uninterruptedly throughout the centuries, even under the spectation of the international community, either out of ignorance or out of apathy. And now, as fate has made it, the Somi hegemony has a chance of entering your Association, a chance so unbelievable that it boils me from the inside out. I have toiled in their sweatshops for too long—and I have evaded bounty hunters for too long—and I have struggled to make ends meet for too long—to let a history of unjustifiable abuse and tyranny continue for this long.

Animosity between the Tambo and the Hems is nothing novel, originating as early as five hundred CE when the clans of Ubgandia raided and warred with each other. It’s wasn’t until the nineteenth century that, by Skandan invention, the Hems took over the Tambo by force. My people was quick to revolt, albeit in vain. The Hems, having slaughtered our warriors with their firearms, added insult to injury once they resumed hegemony. They gave us a queen, but put her in our same cage, along with the rest of her blood. She has no power in the Senate, nor the Court, nor the Judiciary. She now only serves as a mockery of what we used to be.

Providing such a platform to a government such as the Somi hegemony, where poverty and slavery are abundant and without restriction, will not lessen the turmoil and molestation of my people, but prolong them. Ruminate on who will construct those highways crossing from the Somaad into Trinster. Ruminate on the greater demand for goods produced with the small hands of a child for nothing more than two köpörös per product. Ruminate on the comfort given to the classic Hemi aristocrat at proportionate expense to my kin.

I am utterly disgusted at the governments which support such a malicious regime, especially countries such as Demescia. Their corporations are the main organizations outsourcing labor to the hellhole that is Hemt, where my brethren lumber and drudge until their legs give in. On occasion you will see the occassional yacht of a Demescian ruffian wash up on shore; it would let out men and women held captive for chattel servitude. Therefore, Demescia has repeatedly proven itself to be a cesspool of degeneracy and a spawn for unnecessary imps.

It is inexcusable; the actions of the Somi hegemony, and dare I say even its very existence, goes against the basic tenets the liberal world was founded on. It has allowed the degradation of the proletariat, the discrimination against an ethnicity, and the exploitation of labour. Many volunteers of my movement have died to right the wrongs of that dreaded world; many others were caught by bounty hunters and sent back to the coltan mine. I sometimes have nightmares about my comrade being captured and tortured while we struggle to bring justice to the Tambo people.

To see our conflict become in vain is disparaging to say the least. The Somi hegemony's entry would implicate approval of their practices and thus a death of liberal principles within your organization. It would also signal hypocrisy, as you had rejected Ninhundland's membership due to their flirts with servitude. The oppression of my people is an even more dangerous situation, I feel, than any forced labor the Ninhundish could ever effect.

Despite my ramblings in this letter, the decision to accept the Somi hegemony is yours and yours only. All I ask is that you consider the consequences of their entry. The choice you will make is more important than you may have previously thought. My hope is that you judge with precision and act with prudence, because the future of the Tambo people is at stake.

From, JEROME ABSEM

To the nations of META, I, Abraxas the Suguryid Arida of Irostima, after seeing the strength and prosperity caused by META would like to humbly request that Irostima, despite its small size, be granted entrance into META. I wish for our nations to grow together, side by side, through opening our markets and our borders to one another, allowing our nations and our people to grow together towards a good and prosperous future.

The Federal Commonwealth hereby calls for a vote on the following matters:
  • The admission of Skanda as a THIRD-PARTY MEMBER.
  • The admission of Midir as a THIRD-PARTY MEMBER.
  • The admission of Himika as a FULL MEMBER.
  • The admission of Ponterre as a FULL MEMBER.
  • The admission of Predice as a FULL MEMBER.
  • The admission of Irostima as a FULL MEMBER.
  • The admission of Saintonge as a FULL MEMBER.

Last edited:
Demescia votes...
AYE to admit Skanda as a Third-Party Member.
AYE to admit Midir as a Third-Party Member.
AYE to admit Himika as a Full Member.
AYE to admit Ponterre as a Full Member.
AYE to admit Predice as a Full Member.
AYE to admit Irostima as a Full Member.
AYE to admit Saintonge as a Full Member.

Last edited:

Last edited:
The Lancerian Empire votes as follows:

AYE to admit Saintonge as a Full Member

Last edited:
The Republic votes the following:

AYE to admit Saintonge as a Full Member

Last edited:
MnoSvvz.png

Palais des Drapeaux
10, Place des Nations, Grandcourt
10050 Saintes
(+15)(+1) 3500-0000
http://www.diplomatie.gouv.st/

Greetings!

The Kingdom of Saintonge has watched the Meterra Economic Treaty Association grow and blossom into an organisation that promotes the welfare of its peoples by facilitating trade, travel, and the maintenance of peace in our shared continent. The Kingdom of Saintonge shares the same goals and would like to contribute more to these shared goals. As such, the Kingdom of Saintonge, through His Majesty's Government, had decided to formally apply for membership in the Meterra Economic Treaty Association.

Thank you very much and we look forward to a great relationship in the future!

Sincerely,

(signed)
Marcelline Tréhet
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Ministre des Affaires étrangères

(signed)
Anne-Douceline Courseaux
Prime Minister of Saintonge
Premier ministre de Saintonge

Last edited:
The Jewel submits the following ballot:

Last edited:
The Majestic Twelve votes:

ABSTAIN to admit Midir as a Third-Party Member.

Last edited:
The United Kingdom of Sasten hereby votes as follows:

On the admittance of Skanda as a Third Party Member, we lodge a vote of AYE.
On the admittance of Midir as a Third Party Member, we lodge a vote of AYE.
On the admittance of Himika as a Full Member, we lodge a vote of AYE.
On the admittance of Ponterre as a Full Member, we lodge a vote of AYE.
On the admittance of Predice as a Full Member, we lodge a vote of AYE.
On the admittance of Irostima as a Full Member, we lodge a vote of AYE.
On the admittance of Saintonge as a Full Member, we lodge a vote of AYE.

Dasnian Federation would Like to apply for Third Party Membership.
we look forward to META's kind cooperation and also some reforms to enhance the Welfare of people and the living beings in the META.

Her Majesty’s envoy to META arrived for her first META meeting. Éléonore Boutet was her name, and it would also be Ponterre’s first having just been admitted to the Association. She spoke, speaking first to the established members of the Association and then to the new applicants.

“First of all, I’d like to thank the Association for welcoming the Kingdom of Ponterre with open arms. The Kingdom looks forward to working with both the established members and its fellow new members. It is an important time for Ponterre, and this Association will be an important part of its future.

“But now there are two more applicants and I’d like to make a few points of discussion. First, the Kingdom sees no issues with the Kaschovian application and believes that our fellow Commonwealth member should be welcomed into META with open arms. Regarding Dasnia’s application, the Kingdom has more questions. The Dasnian Federation has applied to META despite only earlier today declaring itself a neutral nation in foreign affairs. The Kingdom would also like clarification on what is meant by “also some reforms to exchange the Welfare of the people and the living beings in ‘the META’”. What does the Federation believe that it can contribute as a Third Party Member? Thank you,” she concluded.

Last edited:
Back