TNP Nation
Goyanes
Discord
goya#6469
v1tm1OC.png

GOYANES 2019
PROVEN -- EFFECTIVE -- RELIABLE

Goy, What is this? This is my campaign.
I'm running to be TNP's next attorney general (again). A year ago, I commanded the office effectively and justly, ensuring that the power of TNP's rich and storied legal code was administered in the best possible manner. I will ensure that TNP remains the best region on NationStates by ensuring that the judiciary remains an efficient body, where prosecution and complaint can be handled effectively.

Why are you running Goy? I am running because I want to ensure that TNP has a strong and stable future with prosperity and efficiency.

Why should I vote for you Goy? Because I am experienced, cool-headed, and have the knowledge to deal with this position.

Do you have stuff for my signature Goy? Yeah right here: https://i.imgur.com/3speP3S.png

Any other questions can be asked below. Have at it!

Last edited:
I wasn’t around when you first held the Office of the Attorney General, but based upon this campaign I’d say you have the track record to back up your standing in this election. Though not a very substantial campaign message, you hit all the points needed and address the standard contentions that are expected to be addressed. I like what I see here, best of luck!

steeples hands

What crime would you prosecute someone for if they were attempting to deprive TNP of rum by methods other than personally drinking it, if any crime?

What, if anything, could make it a crime for me to campaign for someone who isn't running?

Anything I could do to make sure it wasn't a crime?

Goy you seem to spend the majority of your time in RP away from the gameplay side of the region. That being said, what do you have to say to people who may not know you as well and why they should choose you over someone who may be more active in the gameplay side of the region?

Do you believe the position of Attorney General should be abolished, as proposed under The AGORA Act?

Goy, as your former Deputy Attorney General, I would like to pledge my support to you. We did some great things in this office and I would like for them to return.

Would you approve unarchiving the AG Office Discord?

If an underaged person made a forum account, got banned, then made more to circumvent the ban, will you prosecute the person?

You've got my vote! :toast:

Goy, you have my full support!

:tnp::tnp::tnp:

Good to see you in the race once again Goy. You can count on my support.

I wasn’t around when you first held the Office of the Attorney General, but based upon this campaign I’d say you have the track record to back up your standing in this election. Though not a very substantial campaign message, you hit all the points needed and address the standard contentions that are expected to be addressed. I like what I see here, best of luck!

You'll make it. See you on the other side.

Thanks guys!

steeples hands

What crime would you prosecute someone for if they were attempting to deprive TNP of rum by methods other than personally drinking it, if any crime?

I believe that every member of this community is entitled to one shot of rum per day, but if people are attempting to deprive this region of its rum they should be banned immediately. /s

What, if anything, could make it a crime for me to campaign for someone who isn't running?

Anything I could do to make sure it wasn't a crime?

I don't believe it would be a crime for you to campaign for someone who isn't running. I mean, you'd look dumb, but your rights to free speech are protected in this region.

Goy you seem to spend the majority of your time in RP away from the gameplay side of the region. That being said, what do you have to say to people who may not know you as well and why they should choose you over someone who may be more active in the gameplay side of the region?

Both of my opponents do not have the experience that I have in this office, and I have maintained a consistent presence in this region for 3+ years. I think I have the requirements to run this post well.

Do you believe the position of Attorney General should be abolished, as proposed under The AGORA Act?

I do not support the AGORA act. I think for the integrity of TNP's legal system to remain intact, we must keep the AG's office around. It not only provides legal advice, but the prospect of having to elect temporary officials would not only delay judicial proceedings but also reduce the quality of the legal services provided by the AG's office.

Goy, as your former Deputy Attorney General, I would like to pledge my support to you. We did some great things in this office and I would like for them to return.

Would you approve unarchiving the AG Office Discord?

Thank you, and hopefully. The chatroom was a good place to conduct business in the office, and the reason I support it is because unlike a group DM, a server can be archived and unarchived, allowing records of discussions and investigations to be retained.

If an underaged person made a forum account, got banned, then made more to circumvent the ban, will you prosecute the person?

Underage use of the forums is a moderation issue relating to Xenforo's terms of service, not a legal issue under the provisions of the legal code or the constitution. As such, that's moderation's issue and not one that the judiciary would deal with. TLDR: Not my purview.

Goy,

Assume the following:

While RPing on the RMB, a post was suppressed and the poster banjected from the region. The Poster requested that he AG look into this and a R4R be submitted to the court.

Question 1: Is this an Issue for the AG?
Question 2: Assuming the answer to Question 1 is yes. What would you do to investigate the issue?

Goy,

Assume the following:

While RPing on the RMB, a post was suppressed and the poster banjected from the region. The Poster requested that he AG look into this and a R4R be submitted to the court.

Question 1: Is this an Issue for the AG?
Question 2: Assuming the answer to Question 1 is yes. What would you do to investigate the issue?

Alright, so roleplay is not under direct control of the government, and it's my opinion that it should stay that way. Roleplay exists in a limbo under autonomous and moderator control. Usually if posts are supressed and a user is banjected, it is because they have violated NS RMB rules, and as such had to be banjected. In the rare case that there are circumstances which would warrant a closer investigation, we would wait on filing the R4R until all of the details have been sorted out. If I believe the circumstances were not sufficient for a banjection, I would be happy to file an R4R on behalf of the affected party, but if we don't agree with their circumstances, then we would reccomend that they file the R4R themselves and we would give our brief to the court on the issue.

@Goyanes Can you explain your reasoning for signing on as Bob’s defense when this case could stretch beyond the election and you would then be responsible for prosecuting it in the (likely) event you win the election?

It seems the handover won’t be necessary after all. I am glad you knew the law better than I did when making that decision. I’m still curious about my other question though.

Given this decision, I wonder what your position is on gross misconduct as it applies to Discord permissions in general. Could you give me an idea of what your thinking is on that?

Last edited:
@Goyanes Can you explain your reasoning for signing on as Bob’s defense when this case could stretch beyond the election and you would then be responsible for prosecuting it in the (likely) event you win the election?

It seems the handover won’t be necessary after all. I am glad you knew the law better than I did when making that decision. I’m still curious about my other question though.

Given this decision, I wonder what your position is on gross misconduct as it applies to Discord permissions in general. Could you give me an idea of what your thinking is on that?

Thanks for your question. Discord quotes have been used in cases such as TNP vs Madjack, and NS Telegrams have been used in TNP vs TSRONK. It is not arguable that crimes have been committed in Discord. In a server that is the property of TNP, such as the NPA server, where the Minister of Defense has banning authority there, I think Discord permissions could be used in the commission of a crime. Going back to the NPA server example, the NPA coordinates raids and other operations there, and banning someone from it effectively cancels their meaningful participation in the organization other than piling operations.

TLDR, Yes. I do believe that gross misconduct can be committed by discord permissions given to people based on their elected/appointed authorities that they took an oath from.

Back