Goyanes 2019 CEFA World Cup | Results + News

mHAls1l.png

FINAL SET FOR NORDIC CLASH

Gojanesstad, NY -- Andrenne stunned Syrixia by a score of 3-0 today, setting up a date with continental rivals Goyanes. The remarkable win comes the day after a second-half goal saw the Blues of Goyanes emerge as 1-0 victors against Lanceria. Andrenne has reached their first final since they hoisted the trophy in 1995, while Goyanes returns to the final after defeating Astragon in the 2013 final. Goyanes, ranked number five in the world, are seen as slim favorites against the Vikings, who are ranked number seven. The 100,000+ crowd expected at Kønør Field will likely be a major boost for the host nation, who have had a relatively simple route to the final. Goyanes coasted through the group stage with a combined nine goals in wins against Ascalon and Xentherida, in addition to a high-scoring draw with Predice. Goyanes thrashed Skanda in the round of 16, before edging Essalanea on penalties in the quarters and emerging as 1-0 winners against Lanceria. Meanwhile, for Andrenne, the Vikings won two of their three group matches, before defeating Demescia 2-1 in a tight round of 16 match. Taking on the mighty Blue Cocos of Highton, Andrenne held on to take the game to penalties and won. In the semifinal against Syrixia, a thunderous second-half performance, containing three goals, allowed them to advance to the final.

In other news, CEFA has announced the shortlist for the Golden Ball. The players on the list were Addo (ST-NZR), Admusson (ST-GOY), Alexís (RW-HTN), Atta (GK-ESS), Rebenac (ST-LAN), and Sasalak (CAM-SYR). Addo led Naizerre's run to the Quarterfinals, which ended against Syrixia, while Atta Hureg played the hero as Essalanea made a cinderella run to the quarters only conceding two goals in the process (both against Highton). Lancerian striker Mac Rebenac led Lanceria to the semifinals, but famously didn't turn up for the semifinal due to a misprint in a Gojan newspaper. Sasalak has been the breakout star for Syrixia, and leads his team in assists. The two favorites for the award, however, are Alexís and Admusson. Alexís, the captain of the Blue Cocos, is widely considered the best player in the world and scored five goals in Highton's last three games including a hattrick against Ascalon. Admusson is the tournament's joint leading goalscorer for Goyanes and scored the winner against Lanceria on Monday.

https://www.cefa.hi/vote

Last edited:
A commercial for Navan Insurance nears its end "... with highly-rated Navan Assurance, Votre Bouclier, Your shield."

The scene switches to a man at the sports desk.

"Welcome back to RTN Bleu, covering all the high and lows of Lancerian sports. After elimination against host nation Goyanes on Monday, one final game awaits the 2019 Lancerian squad at this year's CEFA World Cup. A lesser crowd is expected for the match against the Syrixian national team battling for the 3rd place bronze finish on August 9th, but nonetheless expected to be a big event throughout the country.

A picture of Mac Rebenac and the Golden Ball logo shows over the shoulder of the presenter.

"In other World Cup news, Lancerian star Mac Rebenac was nominated for the CEFA Golden Ball, awarded to the World Cup's most valued player after leading his team with 4 goals through the course of the tournament and stellar play. Experts are unanimous in their analysis that Rebenac's chances at actually winning the prestigious award are significantly diminished after his embarrassing no-show in the elimination game on Monday. Rebenac has still not commented on the incident, dodging reporters at every avenue."

A varierty of other players faces' flash as their name is mentioned next to the Golden Ball logo.

"In addition to Rebenac, Addo a Naizerri striker, Admusson striker from Goyanes, Atta goalkeeper of Essalena, Alexís wing from Highton, and Sasalak midfielder from Syrixia were all nominated. Current favourites are Alexís and Admusson whose single goal in Monday's game eliminated Lanceria."

The golden ball logo fades away and the camera re-centers on the presenter.

"The match against Syrixia will no doubt be challenging. Coach Dupéré said it was 'a good opportunity to hone many of these players with further international experience ahead of next World Cup. There is no doubt that some of these players will be returning.' #Bronzeorbust has been trending on Fluttr in Syrixia as they intend to finish strong regardless of their elimination on Tuesday. The Lancerian squad is prepared to be competitive."

The show's ending theme begins to fade in.

"Either way, we'll see you live on the 9th with all the action. Goodnight."

The camera pans out and away and fades to black and a commercial kicks in.

"Pontmac's new 2020 lineup is almost here..."

Last edited:
Z8kYmXV.png

VENGEFUL EMPIRE DECLARES "BRONZE OR BUST" AFTER SHATTERING LOSS
by Prakash Patel in Pataliputra
August 7, 2000

_68728877_vfa6qdr3.jpg

Angry audiences in Vatsa Square following the end of the the semifinals match against Andrenne.

Despite the hype leading up to the semifinals game against Andrenne- touted by many as "round 1" of the "Third Nordic-Imperial War", the Lions never made it to Round 2. Fans were disappointed yesterday evening as the Empire was handed its first loss in the 2019 World Cup- a 3-0 blowout- yet another World Cup in which the Empire came close but did not take home the gold.

Though the World Cup final- touted by some as the Battle of the Nords- is in three days, the unprecedented energy that has surrounded the Empire's first truly modern foray into the upper echelons of the World Cup bracket- as well as its first beyond the Round of 16 in 8 years- continues to flourish. However, whereas before it did so in the form of optimism and hope, now it is manifesting in another form of hope- the hope for vengeance.

The third place playoff against Lanceria- whose star forward Mac Rebenac missed his semifinals game against Goyanes due to a GRK News misprint- has Lions fans out for blood against a team still recovering from such an odd yet fatal mistake. On Fluttr, at the time of writing this, #BronzeOrBust remains #1 on Trending in the Empire, a status it has held since just under an hour after yesterday's game.

Sasalak- who was recently nominated for the Golden Ball alongside the likes of Rebenac, as well as Jorgen Admusson, Biro Addo, Atta H., and Alexís- will have to lead his team against an experienced soccer juggernaut, whose captain shows no signs of repeating his already-infamous semifinals error. However, though Rebenac will likely be in attendance, Lanceria has already taken another hit to its roster.

Goalkeeper Marsilius Bordeleau suffered a major injury during Lanceria's final group phase game against Ulstome, which ultimately- as was later announced just before his country's Round of 16 match against Prydania- caused him to bow out of the competition entirely. This has left Lanceria with just two goalkeepers- Alfred Grenier and George Jaspris- a deficit the Lions hope to be able to exploit. Manmohan Lalri, Avinash Shinde, and Samser Sirvan- the three Lions goalkeepers- remain uninjured and as determined as ever.

In a post-game press conference, head coach Suresh Reddy noted defiantly, "Your Lions are not down for the count. Lanceria has suffered both physically and emotionally. We're higher up than we've ever been and it is time for the lion to pounce. Though soccer may not be going gold as many have said, I hold the hope deep in my heart- as does your team- that this year's World Cup, for us, will be bronze or bust." This quip- which was followed by raucous applause- is widely considered to be the origin of the #BronzeOrBust slogan.

The Empire's final match for the bronze against Lanceria will be played on Friday, August 9th, and will be available on IBC and GBK; as well as all associated networks, along with VidCast.

Translation by Vijay Dongre
August 7, 2000

Share This Story!

Z8kYmXV.png

INTERVIEW: SURESH REDDY ON THE LOSS AGAINST ANDRENNE AND THE UPCOMING THIRD PLACE PLAYOFF
by Prakash Patel in Pataliputra
August 8, 2000

With a now-angry wave of popular enthusiasm riding through the Empire harder than any other time during this year's World Cup, IBC correspondent Vijay Dongre sat down with the head coach of the Lions himself- "the Dark Lord", Suresh Reddy- to find out his thoughts on the current zeitgeist in the world of Imperial soccer and on the upcoming third place playoff against Lanceria later today; the Lions' final match this year.

Vijay: Hello, Coach Reddy. Thank you very much for coming on.

Mr. Singh: You're very welcome. I actually have some things to say, so I am quite eager to get to your questions.

Vijay: I'm sure you do. There's been a whirlwind in the world of Imperial soccer as of late. You coined the phrase "Bronze or Bust", and it's become something of a war cry, almost. What are your thoughts on the loss against Andrenne and its impact?

Mr. Reddy: Well firstly, the loss against Andrenne was a shock, obviously. But, the team played well and I have no regrets. They went down in dignity, and their- rather, our- quest for glory this year is not over yet.

Vijay: Yes...and this, I assume, leads to the press conference.

Mr. Reddy: It does. Listen- this will be somewhat controversial, and I am not one to say things so candidly like this- but I will say it anyway; and that is that I think what I said was taken too literally, or perhaps misinterpreted. I wanted to make the fans optimistic- because we all want to make the fans happy. They are the heart and soul of this sport and this team.

[Mr. Reddy pauses.]

Mr. Reddy: What is happening is that people are taking the loss personally. That is not right, I think. Rather than dwelling on it in anger, what I think the fans should focus on is the impact this year's World Cup bid has had for us as a whole. This is the first time we've gotten this far since 2011, and it's really the first truly modern time we've done so. Social media was abuzz about it the second the Round of 16 ended. Indeed, our whole sports industry is being revolutionized as we speak.

Vijay: Those are interesting remarks, to put it simply. I hope some people take them to heart. Those aside though, how is the team itself feeling?

Mr. Reddy: We are as ready as ever to, as Lanceria's RTN Bleu has said, finish strong regardless of our elimination. I can tell the Lancerians- and our own fans for that matter- that this is true. We will play with the same grace, skill, teamwork, and determination that has won us all but one of our matches; and our count of losses will not gain a second if we have anything to say about it.

Vijay: I hope so, and it's quite possible that we'll win- the Lancerian team has taken some hits, as you noted in the postgame press conference. That being said, what do you think of the Lancerian team; and what players do you think we should watch out for?

Mr. Reddy: Though Bordeleau is down for the count for this year, their coach, Royden Dupéré, is not going to go down without a fight; though neither am I. Their captain, Florent Harland, is a strong defender, and of course Mac Rebenac is their star forward. Sasalak and Sharma will have to counter them, but if you look at game records, I think the odds are in our favor.

Vijay: What about Alfred Grenier, their main goalkeeper? Rumors have been abuzz as to how he'll be playing.

Mr. Reddy: Alfred Grenier is another one, yes- he'll be a tough nut to crack, especially since all things considered he'll probably be desperate, and just as determined as we'll be. Bordeleau was a fellow goalkeeper of his, as you probably know.

Vijay: Well, let's hope we can pull it off. I agree- I think the odds may well be with us. Thank you, Coach.

Mr. Reddy: You're very welcome. My pleasure to be on today.

The Empire's game against Andrenne will be played on Tuesday, August 6th, and will be available on IBC and GBK; as well as all associated networks, along with VidCast.

Translation by Sucheta Sharma
August 8, 2000

Share This Story!

Z8kYmXV.png

IBC CEFA WORLD CUP LIVE BLOG
Supervised by Smita Patel
August 7, 2000

Pranav_Sharma_copy.png
Pranav Sharma
@PranavSharma
h0xDKaM.png

MY GOD, IT'S INSANE! GET ME OUT OF HERE. #IBCWorldCup

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES
98,294 ~ 132,693

4:20 PM - August 6, 2019
RpWRj5I.png

Anand_Narasimhan_copy.png
Anand Narasimhan
@ANarasimhan
h0xDKaM.png

I'm starting to regret just watching the live feed for this one less and less. It's like a wall of fucking noise. #IBCWorldCup

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES
93,699 ~ 128,274

RpWRj5I.png

Ravish_Kumar_copy.png
Ravish Kumar
@RavKumar
h0xDKaM.png

The fans are clearly, uh, not taking this one lightly. I hope you are safe, Pranav. #IBCWorldCup

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES
94,638 ~ 129,275

RpWRj5I.png

Anand Narasimhan
@ANarasimhan
h0xDKaM.png

Last night was a mess. It didn't help that Suresh Reddy basically fanned the flames, though in his defense I don't think he meant to. #IBCWorldCup

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES
86,284 ~ 112,385

12:08 AM - August 7, 2019
RpWRj5I.png

Ravish_Kumar_copy.png
Ravish Kumar
@RavKumar
h0xDKaM.png

Thankfully not all of the fans are this raucous, and nothing's gone horribly wrong yet, but I can't help but feel bad for Lanceria. The Lions are out for blood now, and Les Chasseurs may not be able to put up much of a fight; with the one-two punch to them this year that was the loss of Bordeleau and then Rebenac's already-infamous no-show. #IBCWorldCup

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES
74,682 ~ 107,375

12:09 AM - August 7, 2019
RpWRj5I.png

Anand Narasimhan
@ANarasimhan
h0xDKaM.png

I think that may just be the single most crazy occurrence of this year's World Cup. Every cup has at least one. Let's hope nothing else gets any crazier, though. Coach Reddy was definitely right from the start- this will be a year to remember in Imperial soccer- nay, Imperial sports as a whole. Whether we finish strong or not depends on this final game against Lanceria. #IBCWorldCup

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES
81,683 ~ 124,736

12:10 AM - August 7, 2019
RpWRj5I.png

Ravish_Kumar_copy.png
Ravish Kumar
@RavKumar
h0xDKaM.png

You might say, whether we go #BronzeOrBust. :P #IBCWorldCup

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES
89,385 ~ 128,596

RpWRj5I.png

Pranav_Sharma_copy.png
Pranav Sharma
@PranavSharma
h0xDKaM.png

We'll see whether Les Chasseurs will be the hunters or the hunted! The Lions' final game this year will be played on August 9th. #IBCWorldCup

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES
78,294 ~ 121,583

RpWRj5I.png

zjgvxv6.png
SPORTSNET-National team ready for clash against Andrenne
Rudolf Jamesson -- August 9, 2019

iu

Kønør Field during the last game against Lanceria.

GOJANNESSTAD, NYHETT- The final of the 2019 World Cup is finally here, and Goyanes is buzzing with excitement. Tomorrow, Big Blue will meet its longtime continental rival, Andrenne. The Vikings challenged Goyanes for the cup in 1953 at the first World Cup, which coincidentally was also in Goyanes. The game was played at Hallsson Coliseum, where KreditNyhett Stadium stands today. The 1-0 victory over the Vikings set up a legacy of success for Big Blue, resulting in multiple other cup appearances and another championship against Astragon in Iraelia in the 2013 Cup.

Coach Thor Hannan and Golden Ball Nominee Jorgen Admusson both interviewed with GRK Sportsnet ahead of tomorrow's game.

GRK: So, Coach, how do you plan to lead Goyanes into tomorrow's game?
TH: Well, we're going to keep doing what's worked and then some. As I've been saying this whole cup, Hype is nothing.
GRK: Jorgen, you've been nominated for Golden Ball, and it's likely you will win Golden Boot, as you have the most scores at this year's Cup. How have you reacted to all this publicity this year?
JA: It's been overwhelming, to say the least. I'm really thankful for all the positive attention I've gotten this year, but we can't forget the valuable contributions that other player such as our other strikers, our goalies, our defense, and our midfielders. We couldn't have done it without them.
GRL: Well said.

You can watch the full interview here: www.grk.gj/sportsnet/v/1282. The game tomorrow is expected to have a full audience, and numerous public watching areas have been set up at city parks throughout the nation. It is expected to be the largest television event in Goyanes in recent history, with tens of millions watching.

We at GRK hope Big blue will do well, and will be supporting the pride of our nation wether it's a loss or a win. Gå Betydatnet Blå! Go Bug Blue!

Until then, you can stay updated on www.grk.gj/sportsnet, and games will be streaming live on GåGRK, GRK1 and GRKSport. The complete schedule of all games, as well as real-time results, can be found here at this
official link to the CEFA website.

HightonSport
@HightonSport
h0xDKaM.png

According to @Bet31, the odds for tomorrow's World Cup final are:

Goyanes 5/4
Andrenne 5/2

This places the Blues as slim favorites against the Vikings.

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES
1,445 ~ 5,903

RpWRj5I.png

May 1995
Hirendag, Kusenhelm

The pounding rain didn't stop Coach Markus from taking out the whole class for PhysEd. "There's no lightning!" he shouted at the class, as they trudged out onto the muddy practice fields for a game of soccer.

"Stahl, Hansson, you two are the captains. Go up and pick your teams!" Coach Markus shouted once again. Jorgen Admusson looked at the weird freckles on the top of his hands, angered by the fact that they even had to go outside in this rain. He'd much rather be doing math or reading right now.

Stahl, an awkwardly thin child, with almost silvery blond hair, styled in a mushroom cut, picked first. Jorgen hated him. He was the epitome of elementary school douchebag. Stahl always had the cool lunchboxes, and he had gotten a Polykor computer at home, so he could invite their entire 20-person homeroom to come over and play, except Jorgen.

"Rudolf," he said loudly, but not as loud as Coach Markus, who was undoubtedly his role model.

Hansson's turn was next, and he didn't even scan the lineup of the the 20 or so boys there. If Stahl was Satan to Jorgen, Hansson was "extra-satan." Hansson managed to do everything worse than Stahl. Stahl was at least subtle about the way he excluded Admusson, Hansson made it especially clear. Hansson had pushed him over into a puddle of nice, wet, orange mud yesterday during PhysEd. "Hansson was on my team for God's sake!" he thought, almost welling up.

Hansson stared directly at Amdusson. "Rosentraum."

And on and on the list went, each team selecting somebody other than Admusson, until they finally got to Admusson. He'd be an 11th man on somebody's team, since there was someone absent today.

Coach Markus squatted down in front of him. "Choose whatever team you want, bud. I have a feeling today's gonna be different."

And there they went, the game started, goals were scored, goals were blocked, the ball was run up and down the field. The ball eventually got to Admusson. He stared at it for a second before bringing it down the field full speed towards the goalie, Hansson. He kicked it with all his might, but to no avail. Hansson caught it with the grace of a professional league player.

"You suck, Jorgen," he shouted, and some of the other kids began laughing at him. Never again during that day did Jorgen get the ball, but after class, Coach Markus told him he was going to help him after school. And so he did.

Every day he'd practice with Coach Markus, until he passed of cancer in 1999.

August 2019
Gojannesstad, Nyhett

The locker room was empty by now, the rest of the team had just left to the field. He looked at the newspaper clipping of Coach Markus' obituary from the "Hirendag Local," the city's main newspaper, which was taped to the inside of his locker.

"This is for you," he said, a tear coming down his face, as he closed the locker. He wiped his face with the Big Blue jersey, and ran to the exit. A security guard was there, timing the exits so the announcer could keep up.

The guard motioned Admusson to go, and nodded, and the announcer shouted, "JOOOOORGEN ADMUSSOOOOOOON!" The crowd went wild.

He remembered Coach Markus, and he could almost hear him. But it was game time, and he had to focus on the game now, as he always used to say. Coach Hannan shouted "HYPE IS NOTHING! NOTHING!" at them, his usual line to rowl up the team. The Andrennian anthem played first, as they were the visitors, and Admusson wondered. "Hansson and Stahl, I wonder where they are now. Certainly not here."

l81JXxS.png

The Journey to the Final - August 9th, 2019

It's certainly been a while since we've had the chance to write an article like this about our own nation- Over twenty years now, in fact. The last time Andrenne was in a final match was in 1995, which we won. Before that, 1987, which we also won, and before that 1971, which we unfortunately lost. But this is the first time Andrenne has been in a final match with Goyanes since the original World Cup in 1953, a match Goyanes won. It's been a long journey to get here, and a hard fought one as well. We decided to have our man, Ralf Laine, interview the manager of the national team, Stefan Ordisson, on the trials and tribulations on the way to the final.

RL: "So, Mr. Ordisson-"

SO: "Please, just call me Stefan, Ralf."

RL: "Right, Stefan. What is it like being the first Andrennian national team to make it to the finals in over twenty years?"

SO: "Well as you could probably guess, it's exhilarating. We fought hard to get here, and we'll keep up that fight against Goyanes."

RL: "Mhm, most Andrennians felt they were guaranteed to at least get to the semi-finals. They didn't face much major opposition, did they?"

SO: "As far as I can tell, not particularly. They crushed Skanda, no contest. Then they beat Essalanea, though only because of a penalty kick to be fair. Then there was whatever happened with the Lancerians and Rebenac, which was a real shame actually, he's a great player and it's always good to see him out on the field."

RL: "Agreed, but back to the national team. Compared to Goyanes you guys have had more hard fought victories. Are you sure the team is ready to play Goyanes tomorrow?"

SO: "That's a fair question, to be honest. In my opinion, we're as ready as we can be. We beat Highton and then we trounced Syrixia so I'm pretty confident in the team. I think everyone on the team shares my opinion on that question."

RL: "Before the World Cup even started there seemed to be a lot of doubt placed in the national team. What helped the team get as far as it did this year as compared to the past twenty or so years where we never got into a final?"

SO: "I think it's a culmination of learning from our past mistakes from all those years. We'd get close but never to the final and we had to figure out why so over time we looked at our strategies, our tactics, and we sealed up as many cracks in our team as we could. This year it really helps that we've got the best players we could. They're all great guys, experienced but young, real strong, real healthy. We've been lucky to only have minor injuries so far this World Cup too which is more then some nations can say."

RL: "Well, all of Andrenne is behind you guys. If anyone can lead this team to a third World Cup title it's you, Stefan."

SO: "That's great to hear, having the national spirit behind you when you're playing on the opponent's home turf is a great morale booster. I'm sure the Goyaneans will be surprised to see just how many Andrennians are actually coming out to Goyanes just to watch us play."

As a commercial break ended, two suave hosts of a pre-game show being recorded in Andrennian with Mercanti and Goyanean subtitles ended their side conversation. The cameraman gave a silent countdown from three, and suddenly they were back on air.

J: "Kristoff, what are your predictions for this game?"

K: "Well this is really a case of unstoppable force versus immovable object, I feel. The Goyaneans are excellent on offense, their attacking capabilities are fantastic and their strikers are some of the best in the world in my opinion, Josif."

J: "That's a good analysis Kristoff, but Andrenne has proven to hold up a very stalwart defense, as seen with Syrixia who didn't score a single goal. Though I've also noticed that Andrenne's offense has gotten a little bit better with every game-"

K: " -So we'll see if the Goyanean defense can hold against Andrenne then."

J: "Precisely, Kristoff. Their defense isn't bad of course but whether or not it's better then Andrenne's is something to be seen."

K: "If I had to guess Josif, and obviously as an Andrennian I'm quite biased, I'd give the Cup to Andrenne. I just think their defense will be able to hold up well against Goyanes. I think their experience so far will also be a major factor, remember they beat a team considered to be one of the greatest in the world."

J: "I'd love to agree with you but honestly I think it's too close to call. They're both very skilled teams, I'm not sure one edges out the other honestly."

K: "Well hey, let's just hope it's not a repeat of '53, right?"

J: "Oh yeah that'd be a real bummer. Get all this way, not having a final in the past twenty years, only to get second place? It'd be devastating."

K: "Y-You know, I feel quite confident actually. It's been quite some time but Andrenne seems to have luck when it actually does get to the finals. We've won 2/3 of our past final games. I'm sure the Vikings are real enthusiastic at the prospect of a third World Cup."

J: "Well of course, who wouldn't be excited at the possibility of winning a world cup? Let's just hope whatever God or gods they believe in have blessed them."

K: "Oh come on they don't need that blessing, sports are all skill."

J: "It never hurts to have a little bit of faith, Kristoff."

K: "People are here for football, not religion."

J: "Right, right, my bad, back on track. The game is shaping up to be one of the most watched events in recent Andrennian history, and due to the proximity of Goyanes and ease of transport, the amount of Andrennians here is crazy."

K: "It really is, in fact we're here in Gojannesstad right now too. Let's just hope that whoever loses doesn't get crazy about it, football hooligans can be a real handful."

The show continued on for another ten to fifteen minutes, going over the strategies used by both teams, their best players, the highlights of their runs so far, and any other notable events in the World Cup. It went on until there were only ten minutes left until the game started.

Millions of Andrennians waited with bated breath in their homes, on the streets, in pubs, in the stadium itself, anywhere with a view of the game really, TV or otherwise. This was it, they'd gotten to the final. Win or lose, it'd be a fantastic game. According to bets, Goyanes was slightly favored, making Andrenne the underdog. This only made the Andrennian spirit stronger. The Kingdom of Andrenne watched silently as their Vikings and it's players entered the field.

As the anthem played, every patriotic Andrennian including the vast majority of those at the stadium, sang it's lyrics in harmony at home or otherwise. Red, blue, and white clashed against the bright Goyanean blues of the home team. Andrennian flags were waved, scarves were held high, jerseys taken off and twirled in the air, and countless cheap beers drank.

Even the most timid of Andrennians at that stadium joined in with the anthem in a show of patriotism unlike any other in the World Cup so far. Even as the shortened variant of the anthem ended and the music faded out, the Andrennians kept singing- The full anthem. The Vikings on the field sang in solidarity with all the power their voices could muster.

Last edited:
450nU1p.png

@Goyanes 1:0 @Andrenne
AET -- (0:0,0:0,0:0)
Kønør Field
2019 CEFA World Cup Final
ANEeq7F.png

7vowhjQ.jpg

0ELKHvm.png

Golden Boot: Alexís (Highton)
Silver Boot: Admusson (Goyanes)
Bronze Boot: Cremilleux (Saintonge)

Golden Ball: Admusson (Goyanes)
Silver Ball: Alexís (Highton)
Bronze Ball: Sasalak (Syrixia)

Golden Glove: Atta (Essalanea)
Silver Glove: Yyrdisjov (Andrenne)
Bronze Glove: Checker (Highton)

Young Player of the Tournament: Havenstein (Highton)

Manager of the Tournament: Enrico de Goldi (Essalanea)

Dream Team:
Goalkeeper- Atta (ESS)
Defenders- J. Rudo (NZR), Halstrand (ANR), Æningson (GOY), Laurent (LAN)
Midfielders- Rossi (HTN), Stynen (ANR), Sasalak (SYR)
Forwards- Alexís (HTN), Addo (NZR), Admusson (GOY)
O9Bu0Ab.png

Last edited:
zjgvxv6.png
BREAKING-Goyanean National Team wins championship 1-0 against Andrenne
Newsdesk -- August 10, 2019

iu

Confetti rained down on Johannes Square in Gojannesstad after the extra time ended.

GOJANNESSTAD, NYHETT- The final of the 2019 World Cup is finally over, and Goyanes has won the 2019 World Cup. In a tense 1-0 match that was scoreless until extra time, Big Blue managed to narrowly beat the Vikings of Andrenne in a show of sportsmanship and skill. Goyaneans around the nation were tuned in, and leaders from Goyanes such as His Imperial Majesty and Prime Minister Norberg, were in attendance of the game. Foreign leaders from Andrenne were also in attendance, adding to the hundred thousand or so in attendance.

The game was the most watched TV event in Goyanean history, topping 2013 victory over Astragon. In addition, crowds in Johannes Square in midtown Gojannesstad rivaled those of the annual New Years Party.

The streets of the city were noisier tonight, as many came out to revel in Big Blue's victory, which was won by Nyberg in extra time after an assist by Admusson, the Golden Ball winner. Meanwhile, in North Gojannesstad, a major brawl between reveling fans and Andrennian fans broke out on the 3 Line platform at the Kønør Field-161 Street Station. The fight has caused damage to the station mezzanine, and service on the 3 Line north of Densmerke-149 Street has been suspended as maintenance personnel survey the damage. U-Baner officials are suggesting people take the T or H line instead from the station.

We will be back with more news as it breaks. Go Big Blue!

mHAls1l.png

GOYANES WINS THIRD WORLD CUP
x9dV09F.jpg
Vincent Küpfer, 10th of August 2019

Gojanesstad, NY -- The Blues of Goyanes have won their third World Cup, and second since 2013. The hosts took on Andrenne in the final at Kønør Field, in front of a sold-out 100k+ crowd. Both teams were playing in their fifth final, and both were seeking their third championship. Goyanes' two had come in 1953 and 2013, with the first being against Andrenne in Goyanes in a 1-0 win, and the other coming just 6 years ago with a win over Astragon. Andrenne's wins came in 1987 and 1995, defeating Highton and Syrixia respectively. Goyanes' road to the final was relatively easy, earning seven of a possible nine points across three group stage matches were they scored 12 goals. They coasted past Skanda and despite come difficulties, defeated Essalanea on penalties. In the semis, they got past Lanceria 1-0 thanks to Admusson's second-half goal. Andrenne came second place in the so-called "Devil's Group" in which three teams finished on six points. After a 2-1 win over Demescia, they outplayed Highton to win on penalties and advance to the final four. A 3-0 thrashing of Syrixia sent them to the final.

As is often the case in major finals, both teams had nervy starts. Both teams had high expectations, and they did not want to screw up. It was a game with few errors, and simultaneously without many risks taken. Both teams had a pair of shots on target in the first half, but the score remained level. In the second period, there were a few more risks but the game remained nervy and someone dull. Admusson had a late chance to win it with a free-kick, which was skied over the bar. Nonetheless, the game went into extra time.

This final will not be remembered for what happened in the first 116 minutes. It had not been a very memorable game. But what occurred in the one hundred and seventeenth minute changed everything. Admusson, Goyanes' key forward who had dragged them into the final, found himself in possession at the corner of the eighteen-yard area. A fantastic lobbed through ball to Harald Nyberg allowed the man who had played a mostly supporting role to bury the winning goal. Nyberg's finish into the bottom corner sent the hundred-thousand strong crowd into a frenzy. After the goal, Goyanes never looked like losing, taking the ball into Andrenne's corner. As the ref blew his whistle the crowd erupted once more and the Goyanean players celebrated their third World Cup win. Parties in the streets of Gojanesstad that night, would, however, be the cause of some fights. There are millions of Goyaneans across the nation who will continue to celebrate, though, as the trophy was theirs. They came to the tournament with one goal in mind, and they achieved it.

4FfdRRH.jpg

Nyberg celebrates his winner with Admusson

Last edited:
Back