Delegate Question Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the delegate have any comment on the current controversy raging in TSP over what has been described as the political administrative 8 month bans of Tim and Escade, the latter of whom is a citizen of TNP?

[quote uid=1949 name="St George" ]Does the delegate have any comment on the current controversy raging in TSP over what has been described as the political administrative 8 month bans of Tim and Escade, the latter of whom is a citizen of TNP?[/quote]We are currently reaching out to both TSP government officials and the banned parties in an effort to make sense of these recent events.

[quote uid=6214 name="Siwale" ][quote uid=1949 name="St George" ]Does the delegate have any comment on the current controversy raging in TSP over what has been described as the political administrative 8 month bans of Tim and Escade, the latter of whom is a citizen of TNP?[/quote]We are currently reaching out to both TSP government officials and the banned parties in an effort to make sense of these recent events.[/quote]Hi, banned party here.

For the record, no officials of The North Pacific have approached me about this matter

[quote uid=1621 name="Tim" ][quote uid=6214 name="Siwale" ][quote uid=1949 name="St George" ]Does the delegate have any comment on the current controversy raging in TSP over what has been described as the political administrative 8 month bans of Tim and Escade, the latter of whom is a citizen of TNP?[/quote]We are currently reaching out to both TSP government officials and the banned parties in an effort to make sense of these recent events.[/quote]Hi, banned party here.

For the record, no officials of The North Pacific have approached me about this matter[/quote]For the record, our Vice Delegate reached out to you on the day of the announcement.

[quote uid=6214 name="Siwale" ][quote uid=1621 name="Tim" ][quote uid=6214 name="Siwale" ][quote uid=1949 name="St George" ]Does the delegate have any comment on the current controversy raging in TSP over what has been described as the political administrative 8 month bans of Tim and Escade, the latter of whom is a citizen of TNP?[/quote]We are currently reaching out to both TSP government officials and the banned parties in an effort to make sense of these recent events.[/quote]Hi, banned party here.

For the record, no officials of The North Pacific have approached me about this matter[/quote]For the record, our Vice Delegate reached out to you on the day of the announcement.[/quote]Shit, did they? Who is VD right now?

[quote uid=1621 name="Tim" ][quote uid=6214 name="Siwale" ][quote uid=1621 name="Tim" ][quote uid=6214 name="Siwale" ][quote uid=1949 name="St George" ]Does the delegate have any comment on the current controversy raging in TSP over what has been described as the political administrative 8 month bans of Tim and Escade, the latter of whom is a citizen of TNP?[/quote]We are currently reaching out to both TSP government officials and the banned parties in an effort to make sense of these recent events.[/quote]Hi, banned party here.

For the record, no officials of The North Pacific have approached me about this matter[/quote]For the record, our Vice Delegate reached out to you on the day of the announcement.[/quote]Shit, did they? Who is VD right now?[/quote]Hi Tim.

[quote uid=5577 name="Pallaith" ][quote uid=1621 name="Tim" ]Shit, did they? Who is VD right now?[/quote]Hi Tim.[/quote]lol, fail.
1536593050.6435-smiley.gif

Hi @Siwale,

As per Section 7.5: Freedom of Information Act of the Legal Code of the North Pacific:
Legal Code of the North Pacific:
33. Private government records which reach one year of age will be relocated to the appropriate Declassified Archive visible to residents.

Now, it's been a while since I dove into the archives, however, if my memory serves me right this is where private government records from the Cabinet tend to go.

If my calculations and my calendar are right, it seems the last time Cabinet records were declassified was August 2017 which would be at the end of Ghost's first term. It does not appear to me that in the past year Cabinet records have been declassified. Alternatively, either I got lost when I went in the archives and the records are somewhere else (if so, I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction) or all of the information is classified.

My questions are as follows:
  1. Is there information from the private government records that should be declassified? If so, when can the region expect for it to be declassified?
  2. Is there information from private government records that remain classified despite reaching a year of age?
  3. Am I looking in the right spot or just very lost?
Thank you for your time. :)

P.S. Please ignore this post if I made a stupid mistake like not realizing TNP repealed the Legal Code while I was away or something.

EDIT: I realized there was a pinging feature and it looked cool so I wanted to try it. Plz don't kill me.

Hi @Siwale,

As per Section 7.5: Freedom of Information Act of the Legal Code of the North Pacific:

Now, it's been a while since I dove into the archives, however, if my memory serves me right this is where private government records from the Cabinet tend to go.

If my calculations and my calendar are right, it seems the last time Cabinet records were declassified was August 2017 which would be at the end of Ghost's first term. It does not appear to me that in the past year Cabinet records have been declassified. Alternatively, either I got lost when I went in the archives and the records are somewhere else (if so, I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction) or all of the information is classified.

My questions are as follows:
  1. Is there information from the private government records that should be declassified? If so, when can the region expect for it to be declassified?
  2. Is there information from private government records that remain classified despite reaching a year of age?
  3. Am I looking in the right spot or just very lost?
Thank you for your time. :)

P.S. Please ignore this post if I made a stupid mistake like not realizing TNP repealed the Legal Code while I was away or something.

EDIT: I realized there was a pinging feature and it looked cool so I wanted to try it. Plz don't kill me.
My apologies. It appears the declassified threads somehow got moved back following the forum transition. Don't ask me how...

Anyways, enjoy!

My apologies. It appears the declassified threads somehow got moved back following the forum transition. Don't ask me how...

Anyways, enjoy!
How were the declassified threads moved back following the forum transition?

Don't apologize if it is not your fault.

Clearly someone was trying to hide that MJ was preparing for talks with the RMB RP community.

As a note, you did declassify a thread that did not need to be declassified (although you're allowed to declassify whatever you want).

How were the declassified threads moved back following the forum transition?

Don't apologize if it is not your fault.

Clearly someone was trying to hide that MJ was preparing for talks with the RMB RP community.

As a note, you did declassify a thread that did not need to be declassified (although you're allowed to declassify whatever you want).
I'm assuming it had something to do with at what time the old forum was backed up. I may have moved them following one of the initial backups. Oh well.

And you're welcome for the extra thread. More power to the people!!

Wow, extra points for you. I didn't expect an answer on that one.

We greatly appreciate the extra thread.

What actions is the government taken to ensure that the NPO reveals the identity of any NPO operatives that might currently be embedded in TNP?

Further to this subject, will the government be considering amending some of our treaties to include a clause making it illegal for a citizen of TNP or the other region to spy on the other, like Section 2(c). in the Treaty of Friendship between The North Pacific and Europeia?

What actions is the government taken to ensure that the NPO reveals the identity of any NPO operatives that might currently be embedded in TNP?

Further to this subject, will the government be considering amending some of our treaties to include a clause making it illegal for a citizen of TNP or the other region to spy on the other, like Section 2(c). in the Treaty of Friendship between The North Pacific and Europeia?
We are currently awaiting a response from NPO in regards to our statement and the statements made by our fellow GCRs and our UCR allies. In the meantime, we are carefully weighing our options if the silence from NPO continues.

In regards to our current treaties, we are not reworking any of them. The clandestine operations conducted were by the NPO, which is not an ally of ours. Altering our current treaties would have done nothing to prevent these events from occurring or change the way in which we are able to respond. Additionally, most of our treaties do prohibit espionage between signatories, they just don't criminalize it.

We are currently awaiting a response from NPO in regards to our statement and the statements made by our fellow GCRs and our UCR allies. In the meantime, we are carefully weighing our options if the silence from NPO continues.

In regards to our current treaties, we are not reworking any of them. The clandestine operations conducted were by the NPO, which is not an ally of ours. Altering our current treaties would have done nothing to prevent these events from occurring or change the way in which we are able to respond. Additionally, most of our treaties do prohibit espionage between signatories, they just don't criminalize it.
I am gladdened to hear that the government continues to weigh its options.

I do however believe you may have misunderstood the premise of my treaties question. The Treaty of Friendship with Europeia explicitly calls for the criminalisation of espionage undertaken by anyone in the signatories against the other. This goes further than just prohibiting state led attempts. Under the Europeia treaty, if I of my own accord or whilst working for a malign power - such as the NPO - were to spy on Europeia, that would be illegal in The North Pacific.

What progress is the government making in declassifying old cabinet channels from the TNP Executive server, following the courts ruling that FoI extends to that domain?

What progress is the government making in declassifying old cabinet channels from the TNP Executive server, following the courts ruling that FoI extends to that domain?
Progress has essentially halted on producing a bot that is capable of preserving that data. However, as you can see from the last FOIA Request, we're more than happy to provide that information by simply copy-pasting it over and putting it in a spoiler. My administration will comply with any valid FOIA request, even if the content requested comes from old cabinet channels from the TNP Executive Server.

Progress has essentially halted on producing a bot that is capable of preserving that data. However, as you can see from the last FOIA Request, we're more than happy to provide that information by simply copy-pasting it over and putting it in a spoiler. My administration will comply with any valid FOIA request, even if the content requested comes from old cabinet channels from the TNP Executive Server.
I'm glad to hear it, and that your administration continues to work on solutions. I'm sure any of our citizens who run bots like @Darcania, @Artemis or @plembobria will happily provide any expertise they have to this sort of thing. :)

I'm glad to hear it, and that your administration continues to work on solutions. I'm sure any of our citizens who run bots like @Darcania, @Artemis or @plembobria will happily provide any expertise they have to this sort of thing. :)
I believe it was @Sil Dorsett who had been working on a bot, but I don't recall why those efforts came to a halt, or if external reasons prevented its implementation. Nevertheless, to reiterate, we are able to comply with these requests even without the existence of a bot to help.

I have already previously publicly published a cog (a set of commands you can install on a bot) for creating a file that has the contents of a channel, which has existed since before the request. I had previously tested it and it has worked fine, and have previously informed both Sil and Artemis about it during the conversations you have mentioned. I have received no feedback or requested changes on it, and it is as simple as a single command to install it. All that should remain is bringing the bot (Alice) to the server and giving it the right permissions, and going from there.

Is the government aware of the Protecting Our Players Accord and if so has it held discussions on proposing that TNP join the accord?
This administration is aware of the Accord, and we have discussed it. We see this as an OOC matter, and believe joining it is a matter in the hands of our Admin team. I would direct all questions to them.

Does the delegate have a statement on the Minister of Defense signing on to the 1st Decree of the NationStates Core of Catholics Core which promotes non-compliance with WA resolutions they moral disagree with, when the official position of the Delegates government is to support and encourage the WA?

Edit: Since this is something that happened within the last 24 hours I will suspend this question till 900:pm CST Aug 9 to give the delegate time to discuss the issue

Last edited:
Mr. Delegate, could you provide any insight as to why Kaiserreich was removed from the Civil Defense Siren list of problematic regions?

Does the delegate have a statement on the Minister of Defense signing on to the 1st Decree of the NationStates Core of Catholics Core which promotes non-compliance with WA resolutions they moral disagree with, when the official position of the Delegates government is to support and encourage the WA?

Edit: Since this is something that happened within the last 24 hours I will suspend this question till 900:pm CST Aug 9 to give the delegate time to discuss the issue
Yes, we have met to discuss the issue, and have produced a written statement on the matter. All members of the Executive Council signed of their own behalf, and Bobberino admits the errors in his thinking. We condemn WA noncompliance in the strongest possible terms.

Mr. Delegate, could you provide any insight as to why Kaiserreich was removed from the Civil Defense Siren list of problematic regions?
One of the goals of this administration is to update the Civil Defence Siren list, as a good many of the regions on the list were no longer a threat, and many new regions have emerged that are. Discussions were launched both among our senior foreign affairs staff and among the heads of state of our fellow signatories to CDS. The total number of regions on CDS almost doubled as a result.

Kaiserreich was removed from the list more as an afterthought, but for several specific reasons.
  • The original evidence that put KR on the list was circumstantial at best.
  • KR has repeatedly declared that it does not endorse fascist, nazi, or other extreme right-wing ideologies.
  • KR's WFE has a bolded notice forbidding fascism and nazism from the region, which extends to its Discord server.
  • KR bans nations that espouse fascist, nazi, or other extreme right-wing ideologies.
  • KR's regional tags do not include 'Fascist.' Instead, they include 'Role Player.'
  • KR's regional government is not modeled on the extreme ideologies CDS targets.
  • KR holds a diverse set of embassies, though a few are with other German RP regions.

My Red v3 bot has Darcania's logsfrom cog. It just needs invited to the executive server.
Following this post in the RA discussion on FoI reform, can the delegate provide an expected time when the bot will be deployed, in order to comply with the current law?

Following this post in the RA discussion on FoI reform, can the delegate provide an expected time when the bot will be deployed, in order to comply with the current law?
One of the issues is that the bot should be owned entirely by TNP admin to prevent the owner of the bot from reading classified data should they no longer be able to access it. This problem remains unresolved, and so we've been defaulting to the temporary solution I mentioned earlier - of simply copy/pasting the logs manually.

I'll need Darc to confirm this, but I recently tried a test on the RP server. I had my access to the RMB Lounge removed and attempted to use the logsfrom command to retrieve messages from it anyway. It did not work. Then I had the permission restored and tried again, and then it worked.

I'll need Darc to confirm this, but I recently tried a test on the RP server. I had my access to the RMB Lounge removed and attempted to use the logsfrom command to retrieve messages from it anyway. It did not work. Then I had the permission restored and tried again, and then it worked.
That most likely has to do with the custom permissions checking I do. I'll see if I can re-do it to act more in line with how commands usually run permissions checks.

One of the issues is that the bot should be owned entirely by TNP admin to prevent the owner of the bot from reading classified data should they no longer be able to access it. This problem remains unresolved, and so we've been defaulting to the temporary solution I mentioned earlier - of simply copy/pasting the logs manually.
Is a global moderator not enough for you?

Would it be possible to declassify data as it is prepared (say, by term?). As it stands, I don't believe any information has been declassified since the ruling was made. This way, at least the citizenry would be aware of the progress being made.

Is a global moderator not enough for you?
It is currently, but that doesn't mean Sil will remain in that position forever. An admin-based solution is superior, in my opinion.
That said, the obvious wisdom of implementing this solution now is evident. I'm speaking with Sil now about how we can get this implemented.
Would it be possible to declassify data as it is prepared (say, by term?). As it stands, I don't believe any information has been declassified since the ruling was made. This way, at least the citizenry would be aware of the progress being made.
Sure. As far as I'm aware, there's been little - if any progress - since the last time MadJack asked. However, as Sil has now assured me of the bot's capabilities, I'm working on a way forward.

Can we coup now? :>
I thank the Rt. Honourable Gentleman for his question. I am aware of his keen interest in matters of state and the particulars of coups and or proposed coups, henceforth referred to as "coups".

I inform the Rt. Honourable Gentleman that I fully intend to keep my promise to coup @El Fiji Grande as Speaker of the House.

On this subject, I assure the Rt. Honourable Gentleman that I shall hold meetings in this house on that very subject and further meetings in this house tomorrow until the matter shall be resolved in the affirmative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back