Snakes of Copper and Gold

OOC
This is my first RP of my secondary nation Irostima and this is the type stories i want to tell about it.

Also if anyone has any criticisms/advice on how i could improve my writing please let me know (but please do not post on this thread)

The bright rays of the morning sun shone through the thin white curtains that lined the stained glass windows of the Suguryid Arida’s bedroom, the lights warm glow brightening the silk covers of the large bed that sat in the rooms centre and waking the couple who had been enjoying their slumber. Beneath the golden silk covers the waking man stirred, his tired movements sending ripples down the sea of golden threads as his resting body woke to meet the morning light.

Slowly moving his legs across the bed sheets, the tired eyes of Abraxas, his face still lazily lying on his silk pillows, slowly begun to open, revealing his sharp emerald eyes to the world. Calmly he swung his legs round to the side of the bed, the soles of his feet resting on the smooth, cool marble floor, and the golden covers which he had been sleeping under where flung over his wife who was lying beside him, there on the edge of the bed he sat for a minute as he collected himself, having only just woken up the feeling of drowsiness across his body was still going strong. After a minute had passed, with his body starting to properly wake up, he closed his eyes and placed a hand over his mouth as he gave a long tired yawn, his other arm stretched out towards the ceiling, the palms of his hands open. He glanced back at his wife to see if his awakening had also awoken her from her slumber but to his relief she was still asleep, her sleeping body wrapped up in her Golden silk covers. Abraxas was glad she had remained asleep, when he had woken her before with his tendencies as an early riser she had not been a happy lady and that was the last thing any husband would want to deal with first thing in the morning, especially with a day of work ahead of themselves as Abraxas always seemed to have.

After making sure his wife was still deep in her sleep Abraxas gave a sigh of relief as he rose up and out of the comfort of his bed. He started to make his way across the large marble floor towards the steps that encompassed the raised are upon which the bed was position on in the centre of the massive room. There weren’t many stairs around it but they all led down towards the tapestry of a carpet which surrounded his bed and joined other carpets to lead outwards into the surrounding rooms. Abraxas looked down at the carpet once his bare feet felt the comforting feeling of its rich material, the carpet showed the progression of daily life as one walked along it, from where Abraxas began it was the rising of the sun, the story of the images progressing further along from the waking of the man from his bed to his daily routine of the morning. The Carpet went on further and further telling more and more of the story until shortly after it began it met another carpet, reaching out past the towering pillars of stone holding up the building and into a neighbouring room. Much like how Abraxas had changed his path by moving onto the new carpet that branched off from the one he had been previously walking on so did the story the images told of on this path, the story was no longer of a man rising from his bed in the morning but instead of the man making his way to bathe, the images depicted his journey from a full dressed man to one who stood as he had been on the day he was born. A grand archway formed at the entrance to this new room where the carpet he had been walking along ended and as he stepped through once again his feet felt the feeling of cool marble beneath his feet and he felt another feeling, a calming feeling much like when you’re in a nice warm bath.

Back