Craviter Economic Association

CEA Deputy Secretary Elections Runoff

Nation: Kingdom Republic of Ceretis

Vote: Markos Severyn

CEA Deputy Secretary Elections Runoff

Nation: People's Commonwealth of Norsia

Vote: < Pia Herzog >

"Pia Herzog of Highton has four votes, Markos Severyn has three votes. There are three abstentions. As such Pia Herzog has been elected Deputy Secretary."

Thrane cleared his throat before he continued.
"With such results out of the way? I would like to propose the following amendment."

Amendment Proposal:
Amendment 1
Section 1 Article II Section 4 shall be struck null and void.
Section 2 Article II Section 5 shall be struck null and void.
Section 3 Article II Section 6 shall be struck null and void.
Section 4 Article II Section 7 shall be struck null and void.
Section 5 The First Secretary shall be elected to a six-month term by an assembly of all Members of this Association who shall be entitled to a single ballot and vote. Voting shall be conducted via a single transferable vote system, wherein representatives shall cast a ballot, ranking candidates from most desirable to least desirable. Candidates with the least votes shall be dropped with their votes transferred to another candidate. This process shall be repeated until a winner is declared.
Section 6 The elected First Secretary shall appoint a Deputy Secretary.
Section 7 The First Secretary shall be eligible to serve up to two terms consecutively before being required to take a break of one term before running again.
Section 8 A Member shall be required to receive a nomination from another Member before they shall be allowed to declare their candidacy for First Secretary.
Section 9 Following the announcement of an election by the First Secretary of the Association for the position of First Secretary, candidacy nominations, declarations, and debate shall last for an expedient amount of time, not to exceed a period of seven days. At the conclusion of this period of time, voting shall open among all Members of this Association and shall last for three days; however the voting shall end earlier if one of the following criteria shall have been met: all Members of this Association shall have voted, the threshold of a majority (55%+) shall have been reached, or the First Secretary shall have ended the voting early, an action that must be preceded by the First Secretary having called for any objections to ending the vote early and opening the floor to those who have not voted to make a case.

Last edited:
"I see nothing inherently wrong here." Puja replied, succinctly. "It's good that we streamline this, so we can make things here as efficient as possible without sacrificing any measures or provisions not worth sacrificing, or creating any problems."

The Mintorian Realm requests membership into the Association of Economic Communities on Craviter with the interest of joining the infrastructure and commerce communities.

Last edited:
"The Prydanian vote is in favour of the proposed Amendment" Thrane replied.

"With Prydania, Callise, Essalena, the Stan Yera, Highton, and the Syrixian Empire in favour of the amendments? We have passed the 55% percent threshold needed to amend the accords."

Last edited:
Teddy Thrane cleared his throat.
"The Confederacy of Ilirja and Imperial Federation of Cimmera" have expressed an interest in joining. I invite both delegations to address the council at this time."

OOC:
@PeopleCallMeLucifer @Cimmerien

Laurine Monteil tilted her glasses slightly, giving a discerning gaze to her dossier. After the Prydanian delegate finished introducing the representatives from Ilirja and Cimmeria, Monteil turned on her microphone to speak.

"We would like to start by positing a question to the delegation from Cimmeria."

"Not too long ago Cimmeria waged a war of aggression against the nation of Cogoria who many nations in this association have close economic ties to, if not political. Callise recognizes that Cimmeria has taken some very important steps in rebuilding their international reputation, but regardless: why should the nations of this council build ties with Cimmeria when it could jeopardize already existing international partnerships?"

The delegate sent to represent Mintoria, stood to speak before the council.

Members of this Association, thank you for considering our nation’s application for membership,” she said, “I am Wilhelmine Strauss, the representative-designate for Mintoria should our application be passed. I come to you today to make this application to join this Association, on behalf of His Imperial Majesty’s Government.

We wish to participate in the Commerce community in order to open our markets and resources to the rest of Craviter and Collandris, and to further allow the movement of foreign goods and services into Mintoria. We also wish to participate in the Infrastructure community to allow the expansion of interconnected motorways to open the door to travel.

Strauss took a glass of water to take a few sips, and cleared her throat before continuing.

Additionally, the reason our nation wishs to join the Association is so further dedicate ourselves to reparate for the mistakes made two years ago, to repair our relations, and to move forward.

She turned to the Callisean delegate to answer her question, “To Ms. Monteil, we do not wish to existing relations in jeopardy, and we have no intention on doing so. We are of the opinion that co-operating with other states will help to further the advancement of this continent’s future. It is for this reason why joining this Association is in our interests.

Having saying all that need to be said, Strauss went on to wrap up her presentation to the council, “On behalf of His Imperial Majesty’s Government, thank you for giving the time to consider our application. It is our hope that we are accepted into this Association. However, if this application is rejected, then I understand. I will be happy to answer any more questions this council has to the best of my knowledge and ability. Thank you.

Last edited:
Thrane nodded.
"Speaking merely as the representative from the Kingdom of Prydania? I wish to convey the belief of my government that Cimmeria would be a valued asset to the CEA. The Crown Conflict was part of an apex of conflicts that ravaged Craviter- the civil wars in Prydania and Norsia, the Vampire War in Arrandal. While it is important that we do not forget these conflicts it is the belief of His Majesty's government that the CEA stands for a better future. Not old grudges. If Cimmeria is ready to move on with the rest of us we should embrace that."

"If no one has any further questions for the Cimmerian delegation I would like to move onto the Confederacy of Ilirja. Do they have anything to say on their behalf?"

@PeopleCallMeLucifer

Milinda Afyr, a representative of the Confederacy stood up.

"Thank you sir. As you know Up until recently Ilirja was a rather closed up nation. We just recently started opening up towards the world and are grateful for being considered for becoming a Member of this organization. I'm hoping that we can achieve a long and mutually beneficial arrangements in the future.

Thank you."

Last edited:
Code:
[b]CEA Membership Vote
Nation:[/b]

[b]Should Cimmeria be admitted into the Craviter Economic Association?[/b] <YAY> <NAY> <ABSTAIN>

Code:
[b]CEA Membership Vote

[b]Should Ilirja be admitted into the Craviter Economic Association?[/b] <YAY> <NAY> <ABSTAIN>

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
Prydania

Should Cimmeria be admitted into the Craviter Economic Association? <YAY>

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
Prydania

Should Ilirja be admitted into the Craviter Economic Association? <YAY>

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
Syrixian Empire

Should Cimmeria be admitted into the Craviter Economic Association? <ABSTAIN>
CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
Syrixian Empire

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
Norsian Empire

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
Norsian Empire

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
The Stan Yera

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
The Stan Yera

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
the Crowned Republic of Highton

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
the Crowned Republic of Highton

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
United Clans Of Essalanea

Should Cimmeria be admitted into the Craviter Economic Association?
<YAY>

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
United Clans Of Essalanea

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
Callise

Should Cimmeria be admitted?
<NAY>
---

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
Callise

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
Xentherida

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
Xentherida

"On the matter of Cimmeria's application to the CEA, the vote is 6 YAYs, 1 NAY, and 3 ABSTAINs. Cimmeria is therefore admitted into the CEA."

"On the matter of Ilirja's application to the CEA, the vote is 8 YAYs, 0 NAYs, and 2 ABSTAINs. Ilirja is therefore admitted into the CEA."

vmlcfUI.jpg

NQksoX5.jpg

By the power vested in me as Princess of the Commonwealth, I formally request admittance into the Craviter Economic Association. We submit this request with the intent to opt into the following communities:

Commerce

Infrastructure

Migration

We look forward to your response and respect any decision you may make on the matter.

Regards,

LLjax2Y.png

Princess, Equestrian Commonwealth

EDIT: Typo

Last edited:
Teddy Thrane cleared his throat.

"I am hereby inviting the Equestrian Commonwealth to send a representative to put forward their case for inclusion into the CEA."

OOC:

@Hopps

When Skye first arrived, she was pleasantly surprised by the variety of the delegates in the room. Hailing
from a nation which had only recently become extroverted, she found that every day was a new culture shock, and it was exhilarating. Cultural and physical differences had prevented the Commonwealth from making contact with the outside world for several years, colloquially referred to as the Dark Days.

"Good day, everyone", she began as she found her spot, "I am here today on behalf of the Equestrian Commonwealth. My name is Skye Winter, but you are more than welcome to refer to me simply as Skye. Ever since our nation emerged from the Dark Days, we have ventured to open as many avenues of research and diplomacy as possible. Due to the recent boom in our technology industry, we've found it more important than ever to secure our stability in the global economy. We relish the opportunity to work with all of you as teammates, allies, and friends. Our primary goal in applying to this association is to bring about a positive change in the Equestrian Commonwealth and its neighbors. We firmly believe that a combination of strong diplomatic ties and a thriving economy will be exactly what this continent needs to launch itself into the era of tomorrow."

Pausing for air, Skye smiled:

"We look forward to working with you, should you choose to accept us, and we would be delighted to do our part in forging the path to the future."

"We will deal with the matter of elections as soon as the outstanding business is dealt with" Thrane replied.

Code:
[b]CEA Membership Vote

[b]Should the Equestrian Commonwealth be admitted into the Craviter Economic Association?[/b] <YAY> <NAY> <ABSTAIN>

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
Prydania

Should the Equestrian Commonwealth be admitted into the Craviter Economic Association? <YAY>

Last edited:
CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
Syrixian Empire

Should the Equestrian Commonwealth be admitted into the Craviter Economic Association? <ABSTAIN>

CEA Membership Vote
Nation:
Mintorian Realm

Should the Equestrian Commonwealth be admitted into the Craviter Economic Association? <ABSTAIN>

Last edited:
Back