Francois Isidore
Discord
themacmilitant

sc.jpg

Commend The Rejected Realms
Category: Commendation | Nominee: The Rejected Realms
Proposed by: Greater Cesnica | Onsite Topic
The Security Council,

Recognizing The Rejected Realms for its contributions to the international community through the Rejected Realms Army (RRA), one of the oldest and most successful defender armies in history,

Acknowledging the untold contributions of The Rejected Realms to the Alliance Defense Network (ADN) and later the Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA)—both influential defender organizations that engaged in combat with the various insidious raider forces of the world,

Thanking The Rejected Realms for their assistance and leadership of numerous missions to defend and liberate regions in distress, including but not limited to:

I. Japan, a region of tremendous historical importance whose culture and historical artifacts would have been obliterated during Ireland's invasion had the RRA not intervened,

II. The South Pacific, one of the largest regions in the world whose internally-launched coup by then-Delegate Milograd would have forever negatively altered the course of world history,

III. Hogwarts, another historical region of high cultural significance whose invasion would have decimated a significant number of historical artifacts and erased an entire culture,

IV. Lazarus, the oldest Sinker region in the world, whose "New Lazarene Order" takeover by the government of The Pacific, the New Pacific Order, would have annihilated the accomplishments of the plethora of nations that have resided in and currently reside in the region,

Applauding The Rejected Realms' role in the successful defense of 10000 Islands against the Empire of Power in 2003; by the end of this conflict the Ten Thousand Islands Treaty Organization (TITO) rose from the ashes of war and went on to become one of the greatest defender military organizations of all time, with over 3000 military victories against invader organizations,

Observing that The Rejected Realms' numerous interregional treaties have significantly bolstered international peace and unity, notable examples of which include:

I. The XYZ Treaty, which is a treaty between TRR, Mordor, and Renegade Islands Alliance that was ratified in 2014 and is intended to promote cohesion between, bolster existing military ties of, and strengthen the signatory defender regions,

II. The 2018 TRR-Forest Treaty of Harmony and Friendship, which is a treaty between TRR and Forest intended to promote cultural advancement between the two time-tested regions,

III. The January Accords, which is a treaty between TRR, The South Pacific, and The East Pacific that was passed in 2018, intended to form an alliance between three of the most powerful regions in the world as well as to renew the 2014 TRR-TSP Treaty of Peace and Amity; an alliance that significantly eased tensions between TRR and The South Pacific,

IV. The Unicorn Star Accord, which is a treaty between TRR and The North Pacific was written to nudge both regions into a mutually-beneficial friendship following the successful passage of the January Accords earlier that year, and to consolidate existing ties and connections between TRR and The North Pacific,

V. The Lost and Found Accords, which is a treaty between TRR and Osiris that was constructed to build warmer relations following the passage of the earlier 2015 Non-Aggression Pact between the two regions; a treaty that underscored the strength and inviolability of the existing connections between the two powerful regions and initiated an alliance between the two powers,

Establishing The Rejected Realms as a media superpower due to the various forms of media it uses to communicate with its members and outsider nations, including its periodic regional newspaper The Rejected Times, which has documented and recorded events across the expanse of the world for the purpose of the dissemination of knowledge since its re-establishment in 2013 and its official radio program Rejected Radio, which discusses interregional politics and world history,

Praising The Rejected Realms' commitment to domestic and world history through its continuation of The Rejected Realms Historical Society (TRRHS), a regional organization dedicated to the preservation of history and through its maintenance and continued use of its library, the Library of Spurned Knowledge, which currently holds hundreds of historical essays and pieces,

Believing that The Rejected Realms deserves official recognition from this esteemed body for its efforts to improve the global community and promote interregional harmony,

Knowing that with the passage of this resolution that The Rejected Realms will continue to strive for success in its pursuit of international peace and harmony,

Hereby commends The Rejected Realms.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Commend TRR is the sixth attempt by this author at submitting this proposal. While this proposal has improved somewhat over its earlier iterations, it is still lacking. Unfortunately, there is a distinct lack of appropriate focus on TRR and their history. Of the solid arguments it possesses, it never goes into extensive detail and leaves the reader with little understanding. This is combined with awkward syntax and occasional subtle inaccuracies which cause it to appear as an unfinished draft at best. Furthermore, the author has seemed fairly reluctant to receive and apply criticism as well as perform edits and redrafts.

While believing that TRR is a very commendable region with countless contributions to the greater NS community, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs must recommend a vote against this proposal.

Last edited:
Against. WA is Praeceps.

This is probably the sixth time the author has submitted this resolution to vote. During the drafting proposal, the author has shown resistance to doing research, receiving feedback and providing new iterations. The author repeatedly moved quite quickly and resulted in having to withdraw the proposal from the queue several times. This has all resulted in a Game Moderator promising should he have done it again within the span of a week.

While I do try to be careful when I use this word, it does appear to be that he is a badge hunter. By no means is this a bad thing necessitating a vote against, however, it is important to keep in mind while reviewing the rest of the proposal.

The proposal has improved somewhat since the first iterations, yet, it is still severely lacking.

The resolution essentially boils down to:

1. They did a bunch of defences.
2. They have a lot of treaties with prominent regions.
3. They are a media superpower.
4. They have a library.

Taking a look at the claims further in depth, while some of them would be able to merit a commendation, there is misrepresentation going on which I think merits a vote against.

The Security Council,

Recognizing The Rejected Realms for its contributions to the international community through the Rejected Realms Army (RRA), one of the oldest and most successful defender armies in history,
Well, this is already an improvement from previous proposals which inaccurately stated that the RRA was the oldest. So there's that.

However, having an army for a long time is not commendable. We don't give out awards for just existing. Now, if the resolution is able to present the RRA as successful, that's a different story. This clause does not establish any success of the RRA.

Additionally, based on this clause, one would think the RRA has a normal relationship to TRR's government, however, it does not. The RRA is separate from their government much like our University nowadays. It feels weird not having this unusual relationship acknowledged.

Acknowledging the untold contributions of The Rejected Realms to the Alliance Defense Network (ADN) and later the Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA)—both influential defender organizations that engaged in combat with the various insidious raider forces of the world,
There's a lot in this comment. The ADN and the FRA were prominent organizations which had a significant impact, yet, they are both now defunct and no longer exist.

Yet, because of their contributions to these organizations we should take TRR as commendable?

In order for it to contribute to the argument for a commendation, the author should specify how their contributions are important despite the organization's being defunct.
Thanking The Rejected Realms for their assistance and leadership of numerous missions to defend and liberate regions in distress, including but not limited to:

I. Japan, a region of tremendous historical importance whose culture and historical artifacts would have been obliterated during Ireland's invasion had the RRA not intervened,

II. The South Pacific, one of the largest regions in the world whose internally-launched coup by then-Delegate Milograd would have forever negatively altered the course of world history,

III. Hogwarts, another historical region of high cultural significance whose invasion would have decimated a significant number of historical artifacts and erased an entire culture,

IV. Lazarus, the oldest Sinker region in the world, whose "New Lazarene Order" takeover by the government of The Pacific, the New Pacific Order, would have annihilated the accomplishments of the plethora of nations that have resided in and currently reside in the region,
Alright, this argument is pretty good and is along the lines of what should be in a commendation.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot to it, the author has focused too much on quality here to the detriment of quantity. It would be nice if the author had presented a number of liberations that TRR was involved in rather than limiting it to just 4. I know the RRA does more liberations, I was just involved in one than more. The author should have done more research here than just scratching the surface.

Additionally, some of the language used in explaining the impact of the liberations needed support. Particularly on Article II where he first asserts that Milograd's coup "would have forever negatively altered the course of world history" and Article IV where he asserts that the NPO would have "annihilated the accomplishments" of nations in Lazarus. I don't argue that these were bad events, however, it seems a bit of a stretch to claim they are as bad as the author says. If they were that bad, the author should submit evidence to support it.
Applauding The Rejected Realms' role in the successful defense of 10000 Islands against the Empire of Power in 2003; by the end of this conflict the Ten Thousand Islands Treaty Organization (TITO) rose from the ashes of war and went on to become one of the greatest defender military organizations of all time, with over 3000 military victories against invader organizations,
This here is just what I wanted a bit more of in the above examples. Specifically the quantitative support.
Observing that The Rejected Realms' numerous interregional treaties have significantly bolstered international peace and unity, notable examples of which include:

I. The XYZ Treaty, which is a treaty between TRR, Mordor, and Renegade Islands Alliance that was ratified in 2014 and is intended to promote cohesion between, bolster existing military ties of, and strengthen the signatory defender regions,

II. The 2018 TRR-Forest Treaty of Harmony and Friendship, which is a treaty between TRR and Forest intended to promote cultural advancement between the two time-tested regions,

III. The January Accords, which is a treaty between TRR, The South Pacific, and The East Pacific that was passed in 2018, intended to form an alliance between three of the most powerful regions in the world as well as to renew the 2014 TRR-TSP Treaty of Peace and Amity; an alliance that significantly eased tensions between TRR and The South Pacific,

IV. The Unicorn Star Accord, which is a treaty between TRR and The North Pacific was written to nudge both regions into a mutually-beneficial friendship following the successful passage of the January Accords earlier that year, and to consolidate existing ties and connections between TRR and The North Pacific,

V. The Lost and Found Accords, which is a treaty between TRR and Osiris that was constructed to build warmer relations following the passage of the earlier 2015 Non-Aggression Pact between the two regions; a treaty that underscored the strength and inviolability of the existing connections between the two powerful regions and initiated an alliance between the two powers,
This section is weird—it takes up a significant portion of the Commendation, yet, most of it is fluff. When I said I wanted details, I didn't want that much fluff.

Every GCR, nearly every prominent region has treaties with other treaties. Given TRR's status as a GCR, it is unsurprising it would form treaties with other GCRs.

The entire section's purpose is to show that the treaties have "significantly bolstered international peace and unity". This section by no means demonstrates significant bolstering of international peace. There lies an argument here for the increasing of unity which is good. However, I hesitate to see how it meets the level of "significant bolstering"—the standard the region sets for itself.
Establishing The Rejected Realms as a media superpower due to the various forms of media it uses to communicate with its members and outsider nations, including its periodic regional newspaper The Rejected Times, which has documented and recorded events across the expanse of the world for the purpose of the dissemination of knowledge since its re-establishment in 2013 and its official radio program Rejected Radio, which discusses interregional politics and world history,
I think it's a bit of a stretch to call TRR a media superpower. They have a strong media presence but not sure if it quite reaches that level. As a reminder TRT has previously been used to make numerous misleading, false statements against TNP.

As well, the Rejected Radio which is mentioned here has just restarted their radio after a four year hiatus and only published two episodes since their revival (to give an indication of how recently it was been revived). It seems misleading to include it as one would have the impression it has been ongoing since 2013.
Praising The Rejected Realms' commitment to domestic and world history through its continuation of The Rejected Realms Historical Society (TRRHS), a regional organization dedicated to the preservation of history and through its maintenance and continued use of its library, the Library of Spurned Knowledge, which currently holds hundreds of historical essays and pieces,
Well this is just false. The Library does not have hundreds. It has over a hundred. Not two hundred, as such there should not be an s. This is your daily pedantry brought to you by Praetor.

That aside, this short tidbit is actually fairly good. While I have some criticisms on the clause, I feel like it would be nitpicking to go any further (than I currently am).
Believing that The Rejected Realms deserves official recognition from this esteemed body for its efforts to improve the global community and promote interregional harmony,

First off, poor phrasing on the author's part. We shouldn't be commending regions or nations for efforts, we should be commending for results. This isn't a dig at TRR saying they haven't brought results. They have as have been previously mentioned.

Reviewing the previous clauses, the resolution does not do a good job of showing efforts to improve the global community or promote interregional harmony. This is why it would be good to have numerical support previously.

Knowing that with the passage of this resolution that The Rejected Realms will continue to strive for success in its pursuit of international peace and harmony,
*blinks* Feels like I'm having déja vu.

I have no doubt regardless of the passage of the resolution that TRR will continue to do their TRR things.
Hereby commends The Rejected Realms.
This part is unequivocally good. Yay.

TRR is a prominent region, should they be commended, it should be a deserving commendation. This resolution has been rushed to vote repeatedly and is missing information which could improve it. The arguments for a commendation to TRR are leaning strongly on having treaties. A long history of defending is ignored for picking out prominent examples of them defending. In my guess? Easily found support that did not require research.

There is material here for a commendation, however, this resolution doesn't make the case well enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back