he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
Bravado's not my usual game
but here, I'll try it just the same.
I've been in this region for thirteen years,
let's better hope you can lend me your ears.

We've danced this dance many a time,
a couple of times, even, in rhyme,
but every time I ask for your vote
is never the time to mumble by rote.

From ancient Athens comes the name
for the rite we make the game.
The voice of the people may be odd
of all the things to make a god,
But Winston had it right, I say,
when saying it's the least worst way.

There's majesty and grandeur, see,
in writing down your vote for me.
Even if you vote abstain,
your ballot disfavoring my campaign,
Your participation in our game
will make me happy all the same.

I've voted, read, campaigned, for years
and yet will scream, to deafen ears:

VOTE!

Elu,

As the only member of the sitting court running in this election I have to ask...
What was up with ABC's request for review?
The court accepted the R4R on 22 March. There was no decision on the matter until 19 May, almost two months later. While I can accept the intricacies sometimes needed in such cases it seems odd given that both the official ruling and your dissent both agreed that the Delegate was not in the wrong to relieve ABC from his positions in government. It seems odd to have held up what seemed to be a pretty straightforward thing for close to two months.
Especially when you consider that various justices reported on 3 April, 15 April, and 3 May that a ruling would be coming soon. Until 19 May when it finally happened. The thread itself is full of TNPers of notable standing with a working knowledge of the court system wondering what they delay was.
And again, all of this ultimately amounted to a ruling that stated the Delegate was not in the wrong and a dissent that agreed on that point.

So what was the holdup and what would you do personally, if re-elected, to see to it that court cases like this don't linger for months on end?

Last edited:
Without delving into private deliberations which will be released in due course, I think we held out hope for quite some time for a unanimous ruling for more or less the reasons you outline for confusion at our non-unanimity.

I suspect better clarity around who specifically is responsible for the process should be a way to reduce delays. As Chief Justice that's ultimately my responsibility so I must apologize for that delay.

I understand the situation you're in, and that not much can be disclosed at the present.
Still, thank you for your answer!

Back