Happy Democracy Day! Get your bound TNP Constitution!

Prydania

Það er alltaf sólríkt í Býkonsviði
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/His/Him
TNP Nation
Prydania
Discord
lordgigaice
6bfEnAS.png

pzwqw9Z.png

As yet another 7 July dawns on us we continue to thrive as a beacon of democracy in NationStates. It has not always been easy. Daunting challenges have always threatened to unravel at least part of our treasured institutions. And yet TNP's democracy soldiers on, never weakened.

It's never weakened because democracy's strength lies in the people's willingness to believe. We are not dependent on one citizen, one strongman or strongwoman, one dictator. No, we believe in something greater. A series of laws. Of legal precedent. In an unwavering commitment to the ideals that it's the people who hold the reigns of power. I believe this is why TNP has remained as stable as it has. Very few of our citizens were around fourteen years ago when Pixiedance was overthrown. Yet the losses or retirements of those players who established our system of government did not weaken it. Every new TNPer picks up their mantel.

Sure, we disagree sometimes, and that's what makes it worthwhile. To hear and partake in debate. To know that we have a choice and a chance to affect regional policy. What matters isn't that we sometimes disagree. What matters is that we come together to let popular will decide. That is why democracy endures, and why TNP is in the position it is today.

And so in honour of that the Ministry of Culture is proud to present the pocket constitution in a saddle stiched booklet, with a cardstock cover! Basically? We will mail you a pocket constitution free of charge, anywhere in the world. All you need to do is provide us with an address- and no other identifying information. If you have already backed the Kickstarter? You are covered. You don't need to sign up.

Happy Democracy Day everyone! Also, just a quick note to please don't say anything publicly about whether you have filled out the form, since that could inadvertently cause me to learn your RL address, and I do NOT want that.

Thanks to all the kickstarter backers who contributed the funds to produce and mail these, as well! This is a celebration unlike anything else in NationStates, and I'm very proud to be a part of it.

It’s great that we still “secure Blessings of Freedom to ourselves and to our Posterity.”
-U.S. Constitution

Happy Freedom Day to all!

:tnp::tnp::tnp:

OK, we're a month on from Democracy Day itself, and booklets have yet to hit the mail - I had some major life events happen (all good, but time consuming) so I haven't had a chance to do much with NS lately, including this.

I hope and expect that booklets will be mailed in the coming week. Kickstarter backer rewards will be later - like, early September.

Back