Dino for Court Justice - July 2019

Dinoium

Legal nerd
-
TNP Nation
Dinoium
9GE5Ub6.png

Preamble
Hello, I am Dino. I am running today for Court Justice for a few reasons. For one, I am running due to the current pool of candidates. Many are qualified such as Lore and Elu. But, I noticed other people have been throwing their hats in for the sake of it. And if I were to rank myself in this pool of candidates, I do see myself as pretty qualified. And especially since I was nominated by two people. Honestly, I thought I would be nominated by no one and even if nominated, would be by one person. Two, recently I have noticed that the job of Court Justice has been getting some relevancy again with some R4Rs as always here and then and a recent court case. Now, will it be granted that this term will have the same outcome? Perhaps or perhaps not. Court cases are rare as seen in the reply history of the Court Filings thread. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared.

Legal/Judicial resume

Deputy Attorney General (TNP)
I became the Deputy AG back in July 2018 following Dero’s disappearance and Asta becoming a Justice. I had interested in the job ever since May and was on Goy’s list of candidates. After being appointed, I helped chime in on AG discussions and all. Around late August, I had the idea of prosecuting Eraver and was confident that I would make history for the AG office by making it active again with a trial. Goy used my evidence and became the Request for Indictment. In the end, it was a huge flop. Mainly since Eraver couldn’t represent themselves in court due to being Forum banned. We were still able to track down Eraver’s forum alts, though. I take all responsibility for the controversial indictment as it wasn’t Goy’s fault and we have learned our lesson. I don’t think it’s fair to hold a trial when the Defendant can’t represent themselves. Whether it’s a forum ban or not.

I was reappointed under COE and was given the task of running the Criminal Division. Funk disappeared in the middle of the term and was given the responsibility of managing both the criminal and R4R divisions. I was reappointed for a term and it was a smooth term. That was, until the AGORA Act and the General Election. But anyway, I finished up my term and that was that. I did ask if I could serve as Deputy under Darc but Darc decided to not appoint deputies this term. And I respect that decision.

This office helped launch my NS judicial/legal career. Both here and elsewhere.

Chief Supreme Court Justice (Tatenda)
One of my Discord RP friends decided to invite me to an NS region once due to me and him being Appeal Judges in an RP Community. At the time the only Supreme Court Justice was that friend. I was nominated for the Supreme Court and was unanimously confirmed. Not so long afterward, we got a court case regarding proportional representation. The Republican Party of Tatenda said that it was unconstitutional for their Senator to leave their party and if they were to, they could replace them with a new Senator. We struck down that idea saying that the Senator can serve their term and can only be removed by impeaching or negligence in the election they were in as stated by the regional constitution. After that trial, I recruited another one of my RP friends who was experienced in law to Tatenda that they became a Justice. Eventually, the Chief retired and I became the new chief. The SC now thrives with activity.

Chief Justice (Pacifica)
Back in the old days of the Democratic Union of Pacifica, there were Departments. I decided to join the Justice Department as an employee. I thought it was a prosecutive office but it turned out to be a Court. After Wymond’s resignation as Department head, the Department transformed into a Court and with me being it’s the only employee, I became the new Chief Justice. Upon my appointment, I became working on an R4R system. Sometime later, the Secretary-General asked me to review an appeal case. Though, after I gave my opinion on the matter and ruled, he told me that the Regional Council would be the final say and the Court lower than it in the hierarchy. And, of course, the court was dissolved and I was made a security officer.

Party Legal Policy & Judicial Affairs Advisor (Force)
When I started getting involved in Force, I decided to join the biggest party, the Imperial Party. At the time the position of Legal Policy Advisor was vacant so I applied for it and got the job. What I did was just advise the party regarding legal policies (laws). A few months passed and the party reformed, basically dissolving its legal policy advisory. I was laid off for some time until the Judicial elections, where I decided to run for Prosecutor. I was appointed as the Judicial Affairs advisor and would advise the party on all affairs regarding the judiciary and law. I lost by two votes but still maintain my position.

Platform
Court Clerk
This will be similar to my last Court campaign's Law Clerk staff. All that is different is that the name will be different and we won't be touching the FIRST STOP program at all this time.

Moderate speed Court
It's good that people aren't be found guilty of things, but the Court must always be prepared. A speedy Court would be a good idea but we do need to take out time. Just not one month like ABC's R4R which left many people petitioning for the verdict.

Personal RA Review
I will be personally reviewing RA bills/resolutions to check their legality with my Court clerk staff and other Judges if they wish to chime in.

Work in an unbiased, cooperative matter
I will try to act as nonpartisan and unbiased as I can when reviewing matters. If something directly involves me or calls for my recusal, I will formally recuse myself from such discussions.​

Back