-
Pronouns
He/His/Him
TNP Nation
Prydania
Discord
lordgigaice
6bfEnAS.png

Welcome to the third annual Democracy Day Kickstarter! The previous two years' events have been incredibly successful, so we've decided to come back for a third kick at the can! This year we've got a saddle stiched booklet with a cardstock cover containing the TNP Constitution and Bill of Rights!

THE DISCLAIMER

We have been advised that promoting this project on the NationStates site is a violation of NS rules and could land the region in trouble. DO NOT MENTION A WORD OF THIS PROJECT ON THE NS WEB SITE. That means do not discuss this Kickstarter or the Constitution/Bill of Rights book on the RMB, through telegram, on the on-site NS forums, in customized nation fields, or in polls, WFEs, etc. This will be promoted and discussed entirely through Discord and off-site forums, which we have confirmed is permitted.

THE LINK
The Kickstarter is live
. Go get your rewards and support The North Pacific!

THE IDEA
Democracy Day is on July 7th, and the TNP Ministry of Culture plans to produce hard-copy booklets containing the TNP Consitution and Bill of Rights, and then offer to mail them anywhere in the world for free. On Democracy Day, all residents on the TNP forum and discord will be offered the opportunity to anonymously fill out a google form with their address (and no other information whatsoever) and we will send them their free pocket constitution. Last year, we ordered 75 booklets, and that appears to be about the right number, so we're doing that again!

THE PRODUCT
The standard pocket constitution will be a 3.5"x5" saddle stiched booklet, with a cardstock cover. The booklet will contain the text of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, as of July 7, as well as a special message from the delegate, and other interesting bits of content to be determined. All kickstarter backers will receive a special edition with a different front cover and a message of thanks on the inside back cover.

REWARDS
Exclusive rewards are available to those who back the Kickstarter. In addition to a free Constitution/Bill of Rights book, all backers contributing at least $5 will receive a Sponsor of Democracy Edition. This version contains a special message of thanks for support on Kickstarter! Higher tier pledges can get you a Constibillocode, a set of TNP-themed coasters, the Compendium of Law (which includes everything in the Constibillocode plus the rules and procedures for the Regional Assembly, Security Council, Election Commission, and Court, as well as all current treaties), an Eras Roleplay Map, and The Northern Lights Anthology!

Questions can be posted here, or directed to Minister of Culture Prydania or Event Supervisor Crushing Our Enemies.

Last edited:
:tnp:

This is seriously amazing, just sad I've missed out in previous years! Just need to work out how to explain the Eras map to the other half before I back :P

Last edited:
Pretty amazing that in 7 hours we have reached 80% of our goal. That’s awesome!

Glad to have the chance to help out. Thanks for making it happen, Pry & COE.
As much as I appreciate it this was a full team effort. COE, Asta, Ghost, Fiji, Elu, McM, Siwale, and myself all pitched in to make various aspects of this project possible.

I just wanted to give everyone a fair shoutout :)

We reached our funding goal in record time this year! Thank you on behalf of all the residents of TNP who will benefit from your generosity (and your incomprehensible lust for TNP memorabilia).

I've added a couple of stretch goals that I think will add value for the beneficiaries of this project as well as the backers! Check them out:

STRETCH GOALS
  • $585: 100 booklets! Backers get a sticker! If we reach this amount, we will print and ship 100 pocket constitutions instead of the originally planned 75. As a thank you for allowing us to expand the project, every Kickstarter backer will receive a 3"x5" glossy sticker featuring the TNP flag!
  • $735: Stickers all around! If we reach this goal, everyone who requests a free pocket constitution will receive the flag sticker mentioned above, and Kickstarter backers will receive an additional 3" round sticker featuring the TNP coat of arms!

Back