Election Commission Confirmation of Eluvatar, Owenstacey, and Brendog

Nothing crazy here. I know the RA tends not to like things going to vote so early but can we just get these out of the way? There's nothing to really debate here from what I see.
I move for a vote.

These nominations are nothing that would require semi-extensive discussion or debate, in my opinion. I concur with Darcania in saying that there’s nothing too crazy happening here so we can probably begin a voting stage soon enough.

I third.

As long as you don’t put Brendog and Owen on the same election. That seems to have been a poor combination in the past. I like having experienced commissioners but I would prefer greater speed in future elections, the last two dragged a bit.

I’m not sure where else I could have shared this feedback so I am doing it here. This isn’t to suggest I think any of the three nominees isn’t capable of doing the work, or are fine choices for the EC, I believe they are.

The motion for a vote and a second are recognized.

Voting shall begin in 24 hours and will remain open for three days.

Why is every member of NPA high command voting against Eluvatar? :blink:
Good pattern recognition. I was trying to figure out if there was a common link.

Was there a discussion I missed somewhere? I know some minor concerns were voiced on all the nominees but they did not seem substantive enough that they would warrant as many againsts as there are currently.

Secondly, does anyone know which moderator edited a vote and why?

Last edited:
The original ballot was edited after people had voted. I forgot to put an r on the canidates name.

Why is every member of NPA high command voting against Eluvatar? :blink:

Good pattern recognition. I was trying to figure out if there was a common link.

Was there a discussion I missed somewhere? I know some minor concerns were voiced on all the nominees but they did not seem substantive enough that they would warrant as many againsts as there are currently.

If I had to make a guess, it's to do with this:
Does Eluvatar even have time for this?
Eluvatar has a quite large workload already - the WFE directory has been broken for months, the forum remains on Xenforo 1.whatever rather than Xenforo 2 and he's also an NS admin. I'd certainly rather the forum was upgraded or some of the tools the NPA needs are maintained rather than Eluvatar doing a job that many others could and have done.

Edit: that's not to say that Eluvatar wouldn't do a good job as an EC. He is, to quote COE on discord "the most conscientious member of the EC. He regularly takes the time to look through the recorded ballots for errors and often catches mistakes before they're certified".

Last edited:
The EC is not a major time commitment. We're talking about anywhere from half an hour (if not supervising) to maybe 6 hours (if supervising) every other month. Elu has proved quite up to the task, even as he's grown busier. He is probably the most conscientious about checking the validity and accuracy of recorded ballots when not supervising an election of everyone who's on the EC. I think opposing his renomination is baseless.

Any random chance and coincidence can look to be a pattern if you look at it enough. I'm unsure if you're trying to suss out a conspiracy or something but there has been no discussion in NPA HC about this confirmation.
^ This, however, I'm interested in. I'm unsure if Dreadton's post above was in response to this but either way I'm not liking the idea of someone editing someone else's vote and must strongly suggest that it not happen again.

Back