[SC - Defeated] Condemn LKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting: For

The fact that there are missing evidences regarding clause 12 is not a valid point to undermine the credibility of all the other clauses.
The condemn, when seen as a whole, is well supported.
Therefore I am voting for the condemn of LKE.

Nawaith

For. While Clause 12 may be dubious, I agree with the rest, and do not think that this potentially deceitful clause compensates for the other points brought up in the resolution. IMHO, just one clause does not make LKE undeserving of condemnation for the reprehensible acts they have committed.

Last edited:
For. While Clause 12 may be dubious, I agree with the rest, and do not think that this potentially deceitful clause compensates for the other points brought up in the resolution. IMHO, just one clause does not make LKE undeserving of condemnation for the reprehensible acts they have committed.
On second thought... in light of receiving substantial, hard evidence from a telegram sent to me by the nation of Valfor explaining why the person who proposed the resolution to condemn LKE was wrong, I'm changing my vote to "Against".

First of all, clause 12 is not "dubious" or "lacking evidence". Its second half is outright lying.

Second, saying that the rest of the clauses make up for this one lie is an invalid argument. Lying about OOC matters cannot be counteracted by being truthful on IC matters. OOC allegations are a lot more severe, and a lot more damaging than anything IC. No matter what your beliefs are IC, you should not stand for the completely unwarranted OOC discrediting of an entire group of players.

Third, even a lot of the IC arguments made in the proposal are false. For example, the proposal lists a whole lot of regions that the LKE supposedly destroyed (clauses 1 and 2). The LKE has not refounded any of these regions. The proposal's author is so desperate, he went so far as to send everyone fabricated screenshots to "prove" that the LKE refounded one of those regions.

Honestly, I am very dismayed to see that there are still people here voting for this proposal, and even arguing for supporting it. "Fake news" and spreading misinformation has become a real danger in RL, and we are now seeing the same happen here. For shame.

First of all, clause 12 is not "dubious" or "lacking evidence". Its second half is outright lying.

Second, saying that the rest of the clauses make up for this one lie is an invalid argument. Lying about OOC matters cannot be counteracted by being truthful on IC matters. OOC allegations are a lot more severe, and a lot more damaging than anything IC. No matter what your beliefs are IC, you should not stand for the completely unwarranted OOC discrediting of an entire group of players.

Third, even a lot of the IC arguments made in the proposal are false. For example, the proposal lists a whole lot of regions that the LKE supposedly destroyed (clauses 1 and 2). The LKE has not refounded any of these regions. The proposal's author is so desperate, he went so far as to send everyone fabricated screenshots to "prove" that the LKE refounded one of those regions.

Honestly, I am very dismayed to see that there are still people here voting for this proposal, and even arguing for supporting it. "Fake news" and spreading misinformation has become a real danger in RL, and we are now seeing the same happen here. For shame.
If you took a look at my above reply to my initial above comment, you will see that my mind had been changed for me yesterday. I am now against the resolution.

You may have seen the post made by the author in the SC thread. I will quote it here:
However. To those who supported the proposal while it contained clause 12, but then withdrew support based on one questionable screengrab. You need to do some introspection on what the moral high ground means to you. Because clause 12 was way more of a reach.
This post by Ever-wandering Souls is also worth reading.

I hope those here, and there were quite a few, that were still unwilling to vote against this proposal when the issues with clause 12 were pointed out to them will consider the above. This includes those abstaining. It really is an indefensible position, and you should contemplate what lead you to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back