Kranostav
Discord
Tlomz

sc.jpg

Condemn The Land Of Kings And Emperors
Category: Condemnation | Nominee: The Land of Kings and Emperors
Proposed by: Consular | Onsite Topic
The Security Council,

Reaffirming its dedication to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, and its right to condemn those who act consistently and unapologetically against this mission,

Rejecting the spurious notion that a region has some kind of perverse right to cause unjustified damage to others through acts of random aggression, and the dangerous ideal that selfish regional interests should take precedence over protecting inter-regional peace and doing what is right,

Asserting that the Land of Kings and Emperors ("the LKE") has historically acted as a belligerent state on the world stage, yet has so far escaped consequences through corrupting inter-regional politics, propagation of blatant lies, and boring everyone to death with catastrophically uninteresting text,

Enumerating the numerous acts of senseless harm the LKE has callously propagated without remorse, which includes:

1. Random invasion and acts of destruction against too many regions to comprehensively list, but which include Belgium, The True Rebirth, Middle Earth, Fidelia, Soviet Union, Argartha, Zhe Intranational Communist, Hogwarts, Scotland, The Soviet Bloc, Slavya, Ixnay, Canada, the Coalition of Catholic States, Eastern Europe, Region Inc, Equestria, Atheist Empire, Meridon, South Pacific, The Union, Liberty Alliance, Forest, Belgium again, Philippines, Asia, Latinoamerica, The International Kingdom, The Union of Red Nations, Westphalia, United Islands, and Iran.

2. Invasion, occupation, and eventual refounding of Slavia, which during this process was subjected to aggressive intimidation by LKE officials, in a common trend where the LKE has repeatedly used the threat of invasion to compel regions to act against their own interests.

3. Close collaboration with a number of disreputable regions whose only purpose for being is to invade and tear down others, and who have been widely ostracised for totally unacceptable conduct and severe violations of inter-regional expectations, examples including the notorious The Black Riders and DEN.

4. Continued acts of aggression against the Founderless Regions Alliance, a defensive organisation that sought to uphold inter-regional peace, including a series of minor tangential invasions which the LKE would use to dubiously claim some kind of victory in its ridiculous war.

5. Invasion of The Rejected Realms ("TRR") on a massive scale, during which the Emperor of the LKE would become Delegate of TRR, a fact they would arrogantly lord over the world for years to come.

6. Attempted manipulation of the region Osiris when it was under occupation by a rogue state, by dishonestly offering support to both sides and needlessly prolonging the conflict for its own benefit, which included leveraging its position to force Osiris to withdraw from the Pan-Sinker Security Pact and to sever all contact with the Founderless Regions Alliance, in what amounted to a blatant display of extortion.

7. Military support for the tyrannical Khanate government in its coup and occupation of Lazarus, and being noticeably absent from a coalition of peacekeepers from most prominent regions who sought to restore peace, further demonstrating the LKE's consistent agenda of destabilising regions and their populations.

8. Deliberate obstruction of honest efforts to rebuild the struggling community of The New Inquisition, lead by the criminally inclined Emperor of the LKE, who would personally drive many good leaders from the region and seal its decline, ultimately prefering to betray a community they had helped create instead of giving up control.

9. Forced assimilation of regions into the lethargic empire and/or personal trophy collection of the LKE, which include Ilum, Polis, Munster, The Imperial Legion, and Vienna.

10. Attempted invasion of the noble and tenacious region of Moldavia no less than four times, all of which were rebuked, much to the embarrassment of the LKE's surprisingly incompetent military forces.

11. Attempted blackmail of innocent regions through the Green-Black Concordat, where such regions could either contribute militarily to the LKE's campaigns against their interests or be considered valid targets themselves.

12. Engagement of recruitment practices that are considered against inter-regional expectations, and subsequently blaming these actions on a scapegoated individual when ultimately caught and punished.

13. Various other assorted affronts, such as having a garbage motto that is obnoxiously written everywhere in entirely capital letters, and publishing documents with broken amateurish formatting.

Denouncing the LKE for the above described extensive history of unkind, aggressive, destructive, and occasionally laughable conduct,

Hereby condemns the Land of Kings and Emperors.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

For.

While it could have been better drafted, the nominee is deserving based on the arguments laid out.

Pending clause 12 being fixed, would support.

Against. Pending not fabricating evidence, would support.

Last edited:
For

It's okay written and they 100% deserve a condemnation.

After seeing other comments I want to change my vote to against.

Last edited:
There are a few things I don't like about the resolution, but overall, if there's any region in the game that deserves to be condemned by the SC, it's LKE. As delegate, I'll vote the way the region votes, but as an individual, I'm definitely For.

Based on r3n's concerns as described below, I'm not going to count my vote towards the overall TNP vote.

Last edited:
Edit: Switched to Present. With added comments below, I am unable to make an informed decision.

Last edited:
For. WA nation is malphe n stuff

EDIT: against. The whole falsifying evidence thing is too far imo, hopefully a better proposal for condemn LKE arrives that has a better author

Last edited:
EDIT: Upon having been exposed to previously overlooked perspectives, I concede the reasoning for which I initially voted in favour of this resolution’s passage. As such, I now stand in opposition to this resolution’s passage and am against this proposal’s approval.

For clarification, I made it quite clear earlier today that I was somewhat torn in relation to how I would cast my vote on this particular proposal. I cited issues that I believe are relevant to the resolution itself as it stands written, and I also talked about how I don’t believe the author, Consular, ought to be the individual proposing this resolution. In theory, I would I support a condemnation of the L.K.E as I do believe their actions warrant it, however doing so would not be in the best interests of the North Pacific I feel and so therefore I will continue to support it.

Last edited:
Against. I don't share the general opinion of the proponents of this resolution that many of these actions are condemnable, even the claims that are true.

But the biggest reason to vote against is the inaccuracy in clause 12. Bob Moran used an illegal script to recruit for LKE without the knowledge of anyone else in the region. This was accepted as fact even by defenders at the time. To say that he was "scapegoated" for the illegal recruitment is a lie, since the illegal activity began and ended with him and no one else knew about it until he was caught. There was no one being shielded from blame, since he was the only person blameworthy. In fact, in the wake of the incident, LKE requested and were granted changes to the game mechanics to shield regions from unauthorized recruiting activity of the sort that Bob perpetrated. That is how recruitment officers were added to the game.

I'd like to expand a little on COE's comments regarding clause 12:

12. Engagement of recruitment practices that are considered against inter-regional expectations, and subsequently blaming these actions on a scapegoated individual when ultimately caught and punished.

When the above incident took place (early 2015), I was in charge of maintaining the LKE telegramming and recruitment infrastructure. This is similar to my role in maintaining technical infrastructure in many other regions, including of course TNP.

The LKE's Minister of Home Affairs at the time, Bob Moran, asked about starting a manual recruitment effort. He indicated that he was not going to use any scripts or other aids, and would just send telegrams the good ole' way, fully manually. Naturally, I saw no issue with that and gave the go ahead. It was later discovered, by NS moderators, that Bob Moran was using an illegal script for his manual recruitment. Not only did I and the rest of the LKE's leadership have any prior knowledge of this whatsoever, but it was also impossible for us to figure this out on our own. In response to this, as COE mentioned, the LKE recommended to the NS admins that they implement some changes, so that in the future regions would not find themselves in this situation. Thanks to this, we saw the addition of recruitment officers.

Therefore, the reference to "scapegoating" in the second part of the above clause is a huge distortion of the truth. Nobody was "scapegoated". You should also take into account that this is an OOC allegation, that has nothing to do with IC politics. People voting for the proposal on IC grounds should really think twice about whether they want to put their IC beliefs ahead of a duty to not spread OOC lies about an entire region and its leadership.

Additionally, given my role in the LKE at the time, this clause offends me personally. The proposal is basically accusing me of being a cheater. Given that a large part of what I do in NS is develop code for a large number of regions, this proposal essentially discredits a large volume of my contributions to the game. If you are voting for this proposal, you are basically voting to have the SC officially declare me a cheater.

One last thing you should take into account is the fact that one of the main (and nowadays the main) beneficiaries of the code I develop is TNP. By voting for this proposal, which acknowledges me as a cheater, you are casting doubts on the legality of the parts of TNP's technical infrastructure that has been developed by me. This includes things like the WADP, IFVs, press releases, newspapers, our trading cards systems, our official dispatches, our scripted telegrams, citizenship maintenance, and so on.

Last edited:
For
Seems to be three sides to this story, and after wading through all the propaganda, rebuttals, disinformation, hyperbole, legitimate fallacies, fake news, etc. there still seems to be a fair bit of meat on the bone to justify condemning LKE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back