-
-
-
-
TNP Nation
sil_dorsett
Discord
sildorsett
The Security Council has nominated Siwale for a seat on the Security Council. The vote for the nomination was a unanimous decision, with 8 ayes, 0 nays, 1 abstention, and 1 not present.

The Chair now presents this to the Regional Assembly for discussion.

Note: With Security Councillor being the only office in The North Pacific to have an indefinite term, I believe the Regional Assembly confirmation for this office should be held to a higher standard than just a simple majority confirmation vote. Therefore, I have adopted my own personal policy for this confirmation: I will not be taking my oath if this application fails to achieve at least a two-thirds majority confirmation in the Regional Assembly.

I am happy to answer any questions the RA has for me. Ask away!

It is with great fervor that I oppose this application as a citizen of this region. Siwale's service to this region is unquestionable and he has governed each position efficiently. There is, however, another aspect to governance that must be considered. This is the character and servanthood of public office. One can do the paperwork and handle the business of governance, but there is the interaction with the community and the belonging to it that is also paramount. Figures such as Ghost or Fiji are most definitely members of the community talking and showing their personalities without anything to be questioned. Siwale on the other hand has remained reserved and withdrawn from the community despite his leadership positions. I say to the Regional Assembly that such an unknown requires reflection. Regardless of position, we deserve to know and have access to our officials. Before approving such an application, I would like to see Siwale demonstrate that in the region, openness and camaraderie.

I ask you to not vote yes because you may fear being in the opposition or being seen as a dissenter. Look at Siwale's behavior and habits and then make a decision. I tried to talk about this issue with Siwale himself directly, he silenced me and told me that he would not be having that conversation privately with me. There was no show of charity but the usual isolation. I implore this assembly to take a look for yourselves beyond the surface to what kind of person we want to serve us in this region.

Full support from me. Siwale will make a fantastic addition.

The questions facing those with the ability to vote on this application are easy ones: will Siwale maintain the endorsement and activity levels required of a Security Councillor? Will Siwale, should the worst happen, be an asset in a fight to take back the region?

The answers to these questions are easy. Yes. And yes.

We know Siwale will be active - he was active as delegate, he's been active since and he went to great lengths to emphasise the activity issues the Security Council sometimes suffers. We know Siwale will be an asset in a fight to take back the region because he has remained dedicated to TNP and it's security, has no divided loyalties and served competently as delegate. These are all qualities that make him an excellent candidate for the Security Council.

I would not describe my personal relationship with Siwale as good, but I do not see anything that would be an obstacle in him serving the Security Council with the same dedication and uprightedness that he displayed when delegate.

Last edited:
What do you consider the best strategy in keeping security?
The best strategy is to encourage residents of TNP to endorse one another! Having a large portion of our community maintaining high endorsement counts increases regional influence and makes it quite difficult for rogue forces to maintain the gameside delegacy. The WADP is quite effective at promoting endotarting through all of its moving pieces (i.e. monthly and yearly awards, Keeper of the North recognition, card giveaways, endorsement alerts, etc.). Good supplemental components to this program are government sponsored events like the Endorsement Frenzy last December and TNP for #1 two years back. Hopefully we can get another one of these going soon.

y r u a sloth lol
Well, the offspring of a mama sloth and papa sloth aren't going to be giraffes!

I was simply delighted to see Siwale apply to the Security Council and pleased to see this application finally presented to the Security Council.

Siwale was a fantastic Vice Delegate that took the Security Council to new heights of endorsements, programs and activity. He likewise was a fantastic Delegate and colleague to work with. I believe that he will make the Security Council, which has sometimes in the past been seen as stale and somewhat inactive, a much stronger institution. I am certain in my view that he can be trusted with our regional security. He has been before, as our Delegate and Vice Delegate. On neither occasion did he falter or let us down.

It is far better to have Siwale inside the halls of the Security Council than to lock him out because the zealous pews feel entitled to hear him speak on Voice Chat or in the #real-life channel. You don't have to know the facets of his real life personality to be sure he will serve with distinction when it comes to protecting our regional security.

I was simply delighted to see Siwale apply to the Security Council and pleased to see this application finally presented to the Security Council.

Siwale was a fantastic Vice Delegate that took the Security Council to new heights of endorsements, programs and activity. He likewise was a fantastic Delegate and colleague to work with. I believe that he will make the Security Council, which has sometimes in the past been seen as stale and somewhat inactive, a much stronger institution. I am certain in my view that he can be trusted with our regional security. He has been before, as our Delegate and Vice Delegate. On neither occasion did he falter or let us down.

It is far better to have Siwale inside the halls of the Security Council than to lock him out because the zealous pews feel entitled to hear him speak on Voice Chat or in the #real-life channel. You don't have to know the facets of his real life personality to be sure he will serve with distinction when it comes to protecting our regional security.
I am certain you have straw manned my position good Minister. One does not have to be a part of VC or the real life channel to be a part of the community. However, one does have to give time to engaging and being substantially present with others. That is what servants do, and that is what The North Pacific deserves. I understand you wish to protect your political protege regardless of any opposition, but some of us have true concerns about who it is we are to confirm to the Security Council.

I have to agree with McM. Siwale can be trusted with regional security. His merit should matter, not his idelogical beliefs.
Flatly opposed.
Am I ask why?

Also Siwale's answer is perfect. Still has my full support. :D

A few months back Siwale went on an endorsement spree and managed to surpass a few Security Council members. This does show a degree of disregard for the measures put in place to ensure regional security.

My questions for Siwale are thus...
Why did you attempt to endorse target to the degree that you began to infringe on the endo-numbers of the Security Council?
How would you say you've learned from the experience in regards to what's expected of you as a Security Councillor?

I am certain you have straw manned my position good Minister. One does not have to be a part of VC or the real life channel to be a part of the community. However, one does have to give time to engaging and being substantially present with others. That is what servants do, and that is what The North Pacific deserves. I understand you wish to protect your political protege regardless of any opposition, but some of us have true concerns about who it is we are to confirm to the Security Council.

Ah, the desiccated coconut is under pressure so is utilising anything he can his hands on. This does remind me of the time Siwale asserted that Artemis was my BFF. Perhaps you two are cut from the same cloth after all. Given that Siwale was the first and only individual to defeat me in an election, and I subsequently served as his Minister, I am unsure exactly how he can be my protege.

In any event, almost certainly, by serving as Vice Delegate and as our Delegate, Siwale has clearly engaged and been substantially present in this community. It would have been impossible for him to win such a hot contest in the first place had he not done so. Siwale logs into the forum daily, he tarts regularly and engages with nations in-game. Ultimately your questions of engagement clearly relate to one platform - discord. Where Siwale is a moderator and regularly available. Even if he does not engage with you on a personal level.

As I said to you when you tried to lobby me to oppose this application, I will not be, and I hope the assembly will not be mired in petty personality squabbles such as this. You have not said what these "true concerns" are. As it stands, your position quite is quite clearly that you're upset that Siwale does not engage with you about personal matters and as such you don't "know" him.

Ah, the desiccated coconut is under pressure so is utilising anything he can his hands on. This does remind me of the time Siwale asserted that Artemis was my BFF. Perhaps you two are cut from the same cloth after all. Given that Siwale was the first and only individual to defeat me in an election, and I subsequently served as his Minister, I am unsure exactly how he can be my protege.

In any event, almost certainly, by serving as Vice Delegate and as our Delegate, Siwale has clearly engaged and been substantially present in this community. It would have been impossible for him to win such a hot contest in the first place had he not done so. Siwale logs into the forum daily, he tarts regularly and engages with nations in-game. Ultimately your questions of engagement clearly relate to one platform - discord. Where Siwale is a moderator and regularly available. Even if he does not engage with you on a personal level.

As I said to you when you tried to lobby me to oppose this application, I will not be, and I hope the assembly will not be mired in petty personality squabbles such as this. You have not said what these "true concerns" are. As it stands, your position quite is quite clearly that you're upset that Siwale does not engage with you about personal matters and as such you don't "know" him.
You protect him vehemently as if you have some investment, that is what I gather. Regardless this is not petty. I know we would all like to just say that he would be good at the job, but I am here to say that being good at a job is not all that there is. There is the person behind the manager or job and that is vital to understand as well. You keep attacking me as if I have committed a crime when I am sincerely doing this for the good of this region.

With regards to Siwale, he has been a respected member of the TNP community for some time. I am grateful to him for appointing me to my first government position. That said, taking into consideration recent events which I am sure I do not need to specify here, I cannot in good conscious support the ascension of Siwale to the esteemed role of security councilor. I thank him for his service as delegate and in the other positions he has held, but do not believe that he should fill this position.

A few months back Siwale went on an endorsement spree and managed to surpass a few Security Council members. This does show a degree of disregard for the measures put in place to ensure regional security.

My questions for Siwale are thus...
Why did you attempt to endorse target to the degree that you began to infringe on the endo-numbers of the Security Council?
How would you say you've learned from the experience in regards to what's expected of you as a Security Councillor?
I have almost always been above a number of members of the Security Council in endorsements. Back in early 2017 (prior to becoming Vice Delegate), I was the 3rd most endorsed nation in TNP. My philosophy has always been to maximize the amount of influence I could bring to the region through both giving as many endorsements as possible and receiving as many as possible (within reason of course).

I don’t think maintaining a high endorsement count is a bad thing. It promotes cross-endotarting, draws new players to the region, and bolsters regional influence. After all, we are a region that stands out from the rest in regards to our love for endorsements. Endorsement gathering typically only becomes a real security threat when an individual surpasses the count of the sitting Vice Delegate.

I often see laws on reckless endorsement gathering being referenced to discourage endotarters from maximizing their tarting efforts. I think it is important to note that these laws exist to provide the Delegate with the legal framework for gameside ejections if the need arises due to a confirmed security threat. I don’t agree with these laws being used to try and define an endorsement cap stricter than one endorsement less than the Vice Delegate.

Last edited:
With regards to Siwale, he has been a respected member of the TNP community for some time. I am grateful to him for appointing me to my first government position. That said, taking into consideration recent events which I am sure I do not need to specify here, I cannot in good conscious support the ascension of Siwale to the esteemed role of security councilor. I thank him for his service as delegate and in the other positions he has held, but do not believe that he should fill this position.
I thank Highton for his boldness and candidness. I feel there are many who share Highton's viewpoint, but many fear to oppose because of their own status or place in the region. I hoped that my speaking out would show others that it is indeed right and ok to be open as well.

You protect him vehemently as if you have some investment, that is what I gather. Regardless this is not petty. I know we would all like to just say that he would be good at the job, but I am here to say that being good at a job is not all that there is. There is the person behind the manager or job and that is vital to understand as well. You keep attacking me as if I have committed a crime when I am sincerely doing this for the good of this region.

You have refused to offer even one solid reason why you are against his application. Your post again suggests you want to know RL info about the person behind the manager.

Vague accusations don’t count. If you truly believe what you’re saying, now is the time to step up.

I am sincerely doing this for the good of this region.
Is giving up 371,125 influence points from someone who has proven their trustworthiness through 2 VD terms and 2 WAD terms really what's best for the region? I wanted Siwale on the SC right after his term as delegate ended, but from what I understand there were other things that stood in the way of that.

I don’t agree with these laws being used to try and define endorsement cap stricter than one endorsement less than the Vice Delegate.
I think my only concern there is what would happen if the Serving Delegate suddenly vanished and the Vice Delegate became the WA Delegate for a time and had someone 1 endorsement away from having the position illegitimately. Regardless of the fact that you (Siwale) are the closest one to that scenario as one currently not in the SC, if anyone was in that position and they weren't an SCer, as an SCer what action would you take to bring the situation under control?

Last edited:
I don’t agree with these laws being used to try and define endorsement cap stricter than one endorsement less than the Vice Delegate.
What if the Delegate vanishes or otherwise needs to abdicate? Wouldn't someone right on the heels of the VD, or even ahead of them in endorsement count, pose a threat to the peaceful and lawful transfer of power?

I have almost always been above a number of members of the Security Council in endorsements. Back in early 2017 (prior to becoming Vice Delegate), I was the 3rd most endorsed nation in TNP. My philosophy has always been to maximize the amount of influence I could bring to the region through both giving as many endorsements as possible and receiving as many as possible (within reason of course).

I don’t think maintaining a high endorsement count is a bad thing. It promotes cross-endotarting, draws new players to the region, and bolsters regional influence. After all, we are a region that stands out from the rest in regards to our love for endorsements. Endorsement gathering typically only because a real security threat when an individual surpasses the count of the sitting Vice Delegate.

I often see laws on reckless endorsement gathering being referenced to discourage endotarters from maximizing their tarting efforts. I think it is important to note that these laws exist to provide the Delegate with the legal framework for gameside ejections if the need arises due to a confirmed security threat. I don’t agree with these laws being used to try and define endorsement cap stricter than one endorsement less than the Vice Delegate.
I think we can begin with this response. Siwale indeed has significant skill when it comes to obtaining and maintaining his impressive endorsement count. However, it is the job of the Security Council to protect the region from rampant endorsement accumulation, and yet Siwale seems unconcerned that someone as high as himself sits currently fifth and above Security Councilors. Would Siwale then take a similar position if a newcomer rose to such a significant endorsement count as well? I don't see a sense of urgency when it comes to Siwale's since of regional security. It is almost as if since it is he who is in this position it does not matter.

I think my only concern there is what would happen if the Serving Delegate suddenly vanished and the Vice Delegate became the WA Delegate for a time and had someone 1 endorsement away from having the position illegitimately. Regardless of the fact that you (Siwale) are the closest one to that scenario as one currently not in the SC, if anyone was in that position and they weren't an SCer, as an SCer what action would you take to bring the situation under control?
There are a number of efforts which could be implemented rather rapidly to ensure the Vice Delegate secures the in-game Delegacy at the next update. Through collaborative efforts with the rest of the SC and other branches of government, we could deploy the NPA to TNP, run a small temporary unendorsement campaign on the non-SC nation, call in support from our allies, and maintain an active presence on the RMB, forum and Discord to ensure nations are kept up-to-date on the transition.

What if the Delegate vanishes or otherwise needs to abdicate? Wouldn't someone right on the heels of the VD, or even ahead of them in endorsement count, pose a threat to the peaceful and lawful transfer of power?
As long as a nation isn’t ahead of the Vice Delegate in endorsements, the transfer of the in-game Delegacy would still go through. Additionally, we could employ some of the methods listed above to ensure this gap remains sufficient between the Vice Delegate and non-SC nation.

No... being good at the job IS ALL THERE IS. TNP does not care about the person as long as they support TNP and put TNP interests first when they act in TNP. That is the beauty of the region.

I think we can begin with this response. Siwale indeed has significant skill when it comes to obtaining and maintaining his impressive endorsement count. However, it is the job of the Security Council to protect the region from rampant endorsement accumulation, and yet Siwale seems unconcerned that someone as high as himself sits currently fifth and above Security Councilors. Would Siwale then take a similar position if a newcomer rose to such a significant endorsement count as well? I don't see a sense of urgency when it comes to Siwale's since of regional security. It is almost as if since it is he who is in this position it does not matter.
Having been a person, not serving on the Security Council, who has held high endorsement levels in the past, when we didn't even have RO's to protect TNP, trust is paramount. So no... I doubt that anyone would suggest that a newcomer would receive the same treatment as Siwale when it came to high endo counts. He has been delegate. If he wanted to screw us over, he had a much better chance than where he is now, whether he is SC or not.

Seriously, all this bs makes me want to put myself up there in endos just for the lolz.

lol welcome back to the SC, Siwale
Yesterday I was telling a friend, "why do all the greatest SC Councillors keep quitting? R3n, McM, and Siwale" next day, you're back. Good luck with your TNP duties!

Given the incident where someone ran a TG campaign in an attempt to force Siwale to unwillingly take the Delegacy while he was Vice Delegate, I'm sure he knows all too well when endo gaps are necessary and proper to maintain.

TL;DR - It is indeed no secret, even to a newcomer such as myself when it comes to the North Pacific’s political scene, that Siwale possesses a near impeccable track record when it comes to serving the North Pacific and her interests dutifully. I concur with my fellow North Pacificans here today in approval of this nomination when it was said that Siwale’s sense of servanthood to the North Pacific is unquestionable.

In fact, I think Siwale's own establishment of a personal policy that was mentioned at the beginning of this thread is a prime example of a would-be Security Councilor ensuring that they remain accountable to their fellow region-mates at all times.

When approached privately by Wonderess, I believe that Siwale would have done well to provide an adequate response that came to terms with the concerns of Highton and others. If nothing else, I think it's a good tone-setter, and by being a Global Moderator of our community I would come to expect nothing less than for Siwale to be "open and to foster camaraderie"; just as Wondress accurately says someone of his distinction ought too. Even so, while I'd strongly urge Siwale to be willing to have those types of discussions in the future should concerns such as this be brought up in his presence, I respect his wishes to not do so and in the end, I think he's only denying himself the opportunity to perhaps make an even stronger connection between each of us who belong to this community.

There is no one single doubt in my mind that should a concern regarding regional security arise, Siwale would react quickly and appropriately to such a threat. Overall, Sil Dorsett articulates perfectly on the logistics of Siwale's ascension. I'm taking a more practical approach to this, I know, but along the way, I'm making an effort to be understanding of sentiments and compassionate to those who may not share my thinking.

As such, I wholeheartedly agree with the comments that have been made by McMasterdonia, Sil Dorsett, MadJack, and others thus far.

(Yes, I am well-aware I completely overdid it with the English essay I wrote for this and linked. Hence why it's a sharable link, so those who'd rather not spend time reading it most people don't have to do so.)

Full support. Siwale will be a great addition to the council.

In regard to Wonderess's comments, I have had many successful interactions with Siwale, he has contributed to the region and to the community. We have seen Siwale's character through the action of the Delegacy, Vice Delegacy and throughout the various other positions, which shows his intentions. Simply because Siwale doesn't talk in voice on discord or reveal RL information does not mean Siwale is not a valid reason to simply deny the application considering previous actions

I concur with Brendog. Merit is more important than political discussions and opinions on a matter. I feel Wonder has a bias over Siwale considering he voted Siwale down in the EC vote. This is just truly sad that now #real-life opinions are more important than accomplishments, merit, and security.

I cannot believe that this straw man of my position is being perpetuated. I do not care about Siwale not being in VC or telling us about his real life self. Those are claims made by my most esteemed opposition, McMasterdonia. I mainly see Siwale speak in official capacities or when he must to obtain something he desires. Sometimes he may just say something short about being a sloth, but it is never anything substantial or representative of the person. VC and being in the real life channel are not the only part of that. If he were to speak up in the RP server from time to time or taken part in the Ren Fair festivities then that woould demonstrate that communal spirit. I am not here to smear him or paint him as bad, but engagement and working toward belonging is vital. I completely oppose the idea that just because he can do the government work then that is enough. No. I believe we should elect people who are engaged with the whole of the region and enjoy doing it.

I probably engage with the community less than Siwale does, and my SC nomination did not face any significant opposition. Is there a double standard being applied here?

I probably engage with the community less than Siwale does, and my SC nomination did not face any significant opposition. Is there a double standard being applied here?
My history of interaction with you is different from my interaction history with Siwale. He held many public offices that showcased his behavior which brought it to my attention.

My history of interaction with you is different from my interaction history with Siwale. He held many public offices that showcased his behavior which brought it to my attention.
Has COE not hold many, if not more positions than Siwale.

I think that Wonderess is referencing that Siwale has been more in the public eye as compared to COE recently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back