“Under the Frozen Crevice” (Restricted, invite only)

Antonius Kaizuniviel

Archmæster of Obscure Topics
-
TNP Nation
Mintoria
En route to Gojannesstad-Saint Olaf International Airport

Gojannesstad, Goyanes

A plane begins to appear and make itself known in the skies. Wilhelm Staedtler, the Chancellor of Mintoria, continues his long trek as part of a concerted effort to either reestablish relations, or start with a fresh slate. He looks out the window of the same jet he’s flown in several times before. After having to deal with his own affairs back home, and having to form a new government just a few months prior, he was to continue his tour, and has saw some change with himself during his tenure in office.

As he looks outward into the skyline of the Goyanean capital, his aide comes in to inform him. “Mister Chancellor, we will be landing at the airport momentarily”, said he. “Upon landing, you will be greeted by the Goyanean Prime Minister along with the Grand Emperor. From that point, you will continue with the former to the meeting place of the conference. Do you remember the proper procedure?”

“Yes.”, Staedtler responded, still looking out into the view. “I’ll be ready.”

“Yes, sir”, said the aide before leaving the mobile office of the private plane. Staedtler then pulls out his wallet, to look at a photo of his himself with his wife and children, both of whom are in adolescence. He reminisces of his previous life, and everything he had done before getting into his father’s steps. He then closed his wallet, and placed it back in his suit pocket before getting ready to meet his equivalent, and the next round of photos from the press, the same as before.

Meanwhile, the plane begins to descend further as the pilot opens its landing gear. It begins to get lower, then the landing gear touches the concrete of the runway. The plane begins to start slowing down as it taxis itself out of the runway.

Staedtler, already prepared, was drinking coffee before the aide came to him and asked, “Are you ready?”

Already used to this, he responded, “Of course.” Already straighten up, he took a deep breath like he always had done so many times, before the door opened an him coming out. Like before, he was smiling and waving for the local press as he walked down the steps of the plane, and this time, with more confidence than before as headed towards Norberg and the Grand Emperor of Goyanes.

Last edited:
Norberg and Anthony rode in the car together to the airport to receive Prime Minister Staedtler. The motorcade picked up Norberg first, then drove up Tageskiele Bane to the palace, and picked up Anthony. They both sat in the rear seat of the long wheelbase VAV sedan as it cruised down the freeway towards the airport. St. Olaf was a big airport, with many terminals, however they were going to a hangar on the opposite side of the terminal where diplomats are received and processed. "So" Norberg quipped, running his fingers through his fire red hair, "This is going to be a sticky situation to fix. Cimmeria is only one of two nations we have no diplomatic relations with. Merillian has us in a foreign interests section at their embassy."

"As I have heard" replied Anthony, "I would reopen that embassy. That's an entire economy for Goyanean businesses to access. Think of the economic benefits."

Norberg looked at Anthony "Exactly. I'm going to bring it up when we get back to the house." He looked down at his watch, an heirloom from his grandfather, made in the former Tsardom of Cogoria, many many years ago. The Cyrillic letters of the watchmaker stood in stark contrast to the Umbrial numerals on the watchface.

The tinny sound coming over the intercom from the driver signaled the arrival at the airport, and an Imperial Knight opened the doors. The men stepped out into the cold Gojannesstad air, and entered the warm confines of the diplomatic terminal. Their time in there was short though, an aide signaling them outside. The vista of the aircraft taxiing up to the gate was a familiar one for both of them, however they could do without the wind chill.

The airplane stopped, and a stair car pulled up, and Imperial Knights laid out a red carpet. They joined the rest of the men in a perfect linear formation, with their impecable blue uniforms contrasting the grey winter sky. An airport official in an orange reflective vest undid the hatches on the heavy pressure door, and swung it open, revealing the Cimmerian man in all his glory. The sounds of camera shutters and flashes was almost as loud as the jet engines winding down as the gaggle of press members fanatically tried to get a glimpse of the first moments of the meeting.

Staedtler walked down the stairs and along the red carpet towards the two most powerful men in Goyanes, the Prime Minister and the Grand Emperor. Anthony was first to extend a hand, with a warm smile and firm grip, accompanied with a "Good morning, how are you?" in his nordic-accented mercanti.

Last edited:
Gojannesstad-Saint Olaf International Airport

Gojannesstad, Goyanes

Staedtler walked down the stairs and made his way towards the Grand Emperor and his Goyanean counterpart, all while enduring the the freezing cold, which was more than what he was used to. He came up to the Goyanean monarch as he extended his hand to him. With gloves on, he first shaked the hand of the Grand Emperor, followed by him responding “I’m doing well, Your Imperial Majesty, and you?” Afterwards, he then turned to the Prime Minister, and shaked his hand.

“Good morning”, said he as he introduced himself to the two men. “I am Chancellor Wilhelm Staedtler for the Mintorian realm. I look forward to getting down to business today and hope to accomplish something meaningful here.”

Last edited:
Anthony accepted the handshake and Staedtler's introduction. "I'm doing well, but this is more of Mr. Norberg's plan, so I will let him handle the rest."

Norberg began, "Well, let us go to our meeting place, and begin as soon as possible. You will be riding with me in my limousine, and the Grand Emperor will take his car."

An Imperial Knight opened the door, directing them to sit inside.

Back