Craviterean-Astissa Conference (Craviter/Collandris only)

ƛemsan remained nonplussed at the Ceretian delegate's virtual tirade in his country's favor. He cared not for currying diplomatic favor in this conference. He adjusted his glasses, blinking, "You will note, young Madam Alycia, I believe not one person has been uncivil, simply passionate about matters of national self interest."

He took a sip of water, then continued, "The Yeran delegation would be entirely in favor of striking the superiority clause. We would note, regarding the Migration Community, that we see the rest of its goals as laudable, and would not wish to toss the entirety of that community's legislation out like so much rubbish. It would be far simpler to request the one or two lines we take issue with be struck, even if they are these nebulous and vague 'objectives' that may or may not come into fruition."

Deputy Secretary Mirpuri ever-so-slightly smirked. He had had a feeling, sooner or later, something to this effect would happen. This was Craviter, after all. He calmly turned on his microphone.

"Putting aside sudden and wild conspiracy theories and rather condescending disrespect towards a plenipotentiary ambassador- one from a state closely allied to the Kingdom Republic of Ceretis at that- in a diplomatic environment," he began, "I was very clear that the proposed document was a first draft. There has been an objection, and so it should be addressed. For my part I will abstain on striking the superiority clause; with the caveat that the Empire's vote will change to a 'for' if such is the consensus of the delegations assembled here."

"As it relates to the document itself, I stated at the beginning- and I will continue to do so- that I have always welcomed suggestions for editation. Let us use this as an opportunity to, as Her Grace suggested, conduct one more review of the document, to ensure that any loose ends are tied up and that we don't risk running into another roadblock so far into the process again. Let us remain calm and optimistic- such feelings are what Craviter sorely needs, and it is why we are here."

Last edited:
Markos sat there bewildered at the Representative from Syrixia’s response. The Kingdom or Ceretis’ Representative had brought up several good points and all he could essentially say was “I am not responding to these conspiracies.” How childish and immature not to mention how venomous and snake like the Syrixian Representative spoke which Markos himself hated. He saw it as nothing more than a poor excuse to sweet you with their honeyed words which no doubt he was skilled in.

“I think it is funny that when criticism is addressed by a very respectable man it is written off as ‘wild conspiracy theories and rather condescending’ by the Syrixian Delegation. Personally I think the Representative from Ceretis makes several good points, one of them being the percentage of our nation’s GDPs going to this organization. 25.9 billion is outrageous and that money could be used for far better such as giving pay raises to our troops or helping the poor in Arrandal.

So instead of being childish and rattling off criticism as nothing more than ‘wild conspiracy theories’ I would like to ask the Representative of Ceretis if he has any suggestions for how to improve the layout of this organization.” Markos stopped for a minute and looked at Rajat. “We are all diplomats here, there is no need to be stubborn and uncooperative…it’s not like we have…ulterior motives. No one here is a snake.” He smirked.

“I for one would love to hear how we can benefit this for everyone and for that I am very open to suggestions.” Markos pointed to Norm with a finger and nod.

He grabbed the microphone a quick time before Norm spoke. “The Empire will also be voting ‘Yes’ to repeal the Supremacy Clause. Thank you that is all.”

Last edited:
"I agree, your grace. The Ceretian has raised some quite valid concerns with the document we are now analyzing. In addition to the Superiority Clause, we'd like to amend the funding clause as well. Seeing as some serious issues seem to be appearing in that regard, and because clarification can only make this process smoother and easier, we'd like to propose the following official changes."

D'amboise quickly wrote out, and passed around the following corrections to those present:

Article VII:
Member-States of the Association of Economic Communities on Craviter recognize the legitimacy of the Astissa Accords and shall abide by it's components thereof.

Article VI:
Each Member-State shall allocate one fifth of a percent of their annual budget to the Association of Economic Communities on Craviter. This revenue shall be compiled into a General Fund to be managed by the First Secretary. Yearly budgets must be approved by each Community Secretary.

"On the issue of Customs Unions, as well as the Migration Community, Callise is loathe to offer up our own corrections. The way we see it, the 'policy objectives' are only stated goals. That being said, we do believe clarification could make everyone feel far more confident in signing these accords. Therefore, we'd like to offer the following amendments:"

Article III Section 2:
The Commerce Community shall have the ability to establish policy suggestions in pursuit of the following goals:
  1. The elimination, between Member-States, of customs, duties, tariffs, and other restrictions to the free flow of goods and services.
  2. The establishment of a Customs Union between Member-States, with a common trade policy towards third party trading partners.
  3. The abolition of barriers to the free flow of goods, services, and capital between Member-States.
  4. The creation of a common market, where fair competition between all corporations is fostered.
  5. The approximation of laws fostering a common market.
  6. The association of the Commerce Community with third party trading partners.
Article IV Section 2:
The Migration Community shall have the ability to establish policy suggestions in pursuit of the following goals:
  1. The reduction of barriers to the free movement of people among Member-States.
  2. The elimination of completely closed borders on Craviter.
  3. The creation of standardized rules for citizenship and visa applications.
  4. The standardization of items necessary for travel, such as passports.
  5. The abolition of friction and tension along international borders.
  6. The promotion of friendly attitudes towards migration across Craviter.
Article V Section 2:
The Infrastructure Community shall have the ability to establish policy suggestions in pursuit of the following goals:
  1. The establishment of an interconnected railway network across Craviter.
  2. The construction of international highways.
  3. The reduction of tolls and taxes which limit the use of aforementioned infrastructure.
  4. The funding of research into green infrastructure, and other technological advancements in infrastructure.
  5. The creation of a network of international infrastructure capable of facilitating the free trade of goods and services, as well as the free movement of people.
  6. The maintenance and expansion of existing infrastructure.
"In clarifying that the above are goals for the organization, and legislation enforcing them shall only serve as policy suggestions, we believe Mr. Kozlowski as well as our good friends from the Stan Yera will feel far more confident in signing onto the Accords."

Last edited:
"Norsia finds the proposals to be much more agreeable." as Alycia shuffles through her papers. "would anyone else have anything to add?"

The door to the meeting creaks open as two Clan Bondsmen in Black Kaftans stand at attention, Gaiseric Volkman steps through his Wolf Fur Cloak flowing in the sudden draft.

Taking a seat Gaiseric smiles 'Forgive our lateness gentlemen, the United Clans would support your vision for Craviter, we too hope to take our place as a part of this new continent you are building'

Last edited:
"The Empire is satisfied with these changes." Rajat added. "If I may, I'd also like to take this opportunity to welcome Essalanea to the conference, and to join Her Grace in asking if anyone else has any further changes to suggest."

Norm nodded favorably as he listened to D'amboise's changes. A change had begun, but there were still many concerns he had, but still, he held hope there might be the possibility to resolve the differences.

Flipping through the pages on his desk and marking a few items, he was still a bit hesitant based on some reactions and murmuring after he last spoke. Even still, he leaned into the microphone. "There are still some things that need attending... thus, it might be good to take a quick glance at notable concerns from various parts starting with the recently updated sections such as Article VII, Article VI, and Article III Section 2."

Looking over at D'amboise he pointed at the altered clause. "Changes made to Article VII are certainly much improved with the removal of the 'supremacy clause.' The wording at this time seems appropriate. Though we might offer a suggestion to Article VI."

Pausing for a moment he looked over rough calculations provided by his aide for the organizations projected revenue to expected expenditure. The treasury would be more than overflowing. "Might it be better to state that member states shall allocate no greater than one-fifth of a percent of their annual budget? Predetermining a budget of a trade agreement based on the needs of infrastructure, education, defense, criminal justice, parks and recreation, and other such needs of a nation seems... disjointed." He stopped for a moment and shook his head with a little confusion. "Budgets for nations are determined by various needs within and those pressing upon a nation from outside. Then to say whatever money you spend on these needs we will then charge 'x' percentage for trade? Why?"

Looking around at the other delegates he offered "I think it might be more appropriate to set a limitation or two instead of a funding function in this clause. Maybe 'Each Member-State shall allocate UP TO or NO GREATER THAN one-fifth of a percent of their annual budget.'" With a slight wave of his hand he added "Having this fund managed by the First Secretary is fine, but we might consider the need for an oversight committee to reign in any loose spending or misconduct. Lastly, I would think that the yearly budget might be submitted by each community secretary, to potentially the oversight committee that would set the general, but not specific budget total, plus of course, some discretionary spending, which is then to be managed in specific by the first secretary and community secretaries."

Looking back at his notes he continued. "We are strongly interested in removing barriers to trade among members of this agreement, as I'm sure many of you here are as well, though we do call into question the use of such language as 'elimination,' 'abolition,' and other such absolute languages throughout this document." Tapping his finger on the very written words he looked around. "Surely we're not the only ones that can see use in maintaining certain restrictions or other guidelines in trade in order to protect individual member states internal policies or interests?"

Raising his index finger momentarily as he formed an example. "For instance, there might be restrictions on the quality of certain merchandise for health and safety purposes or banning uninspected foods or livestock to prevent damage to fragile ecosystems or a whole myriad of other reasons. I can only imagine that your governments might raise an eyebrow to being told to 'eliminate' and 'abolish' restrictions regarding sales of certain lithiated, cocaine, and other drug containing soda and beverage lines produced by some of our beverage manufacturers. Therefore we would like to see the wording changed from 'elimination' and 'abolish' and other such languages to more reasonable language such as 'reduced' or 'eliminated where possible' or even 'streamlined' to offer a few options."

Spinning his pen in one hand, as sort of aid to thought, he noted. "One of our greatest concerns in trade is more often the non-tariff barriers. Slow movement of the customs and trade process, rather than the number of steps or their seeming difficulty can be just as costly. As well there are issues with different rules on packaging, safety, and standards that must be met for export. While these rules shouldn't be demanded for trade within your nation, as it might harm small business, we should ask this of companies wishing to sell abroad in the bloc. Therefore it would be good to mention a streamlining of trade policy, standards, and the like regarding these matters. The longer you wait with goods sitting on the docks, or if it takes a masters degree to cross reference the different measures or standards, the greater the cost will be to those involved, and the greater the chance for spoilage. Time is money."

"We do like the idea of a rather free market in which to sell our goods and see new goods from abroad, with our potential partners gathered here, though we wonder if it would be better to form a different type of trade bloc rather than a full-on Customs Union. Hopefully one with less control of our trade with other nations outside the bloc, perhaps?"

Leaning back slightly he had a reminiscent look on his face. "Coming to this conference we have hope this would be more like other agreements in which the Kingdom Republic is participating, such as the North Amsatic Free Trade Agreement or even the Trans-Capric Partnership. Generating stronger trade with partners in those trade areas." A grimaced expression appeared on his face as he looked at some of the document's wording. "Though, giving control of our trade or portions of our trade policy to an outside organization seems a little... much. Customs unions often call for a common external tariff, among other things, which would not sit well with certain other trade partners we have. Therefore it would seem a more reasonable solution would be a 'free-trade area' over a 'Customs Union.'"

Looking over at the Syrixian delegation he zeroed in on Rajat. "If your choice for a customs union was an attempt to prevent entrepot trade issues, we would be willing to consider a requirement of refining, reprocessing, or transformation of a good that has been imported before resale within the bloc."

He put his hand to his chin for a moment contemplating his next words. "We have other items we'd like to discuss, but I've gone on long enough for now. We are very interested in making this work with our neighbors and friends, but it has to be something that works for us all. I have a duty to my nation, and you have a duty to your nation to make sure their best interests are at heart. Let's make this work." Putting his notes down and sliding them to the corner of his desk he gestured to the room. "This should get the ball rolling, and before we take a look at other sections and concerns. I would like to hear from the other members their take on these points.

"On the issue of appropriations, I will not take initiative in proposing change nor can I support yours. The organization before us is not a trade agreement, it is an economic community as we've previously mentioned in this discussion. It requires funding for it's internal operations. You are a member of the Trillium Compact, which institutes a GDP requirement for funding that is quite comparable to the CEA funding requirements. Not only that, but the CEA will be actively endorsing policy, whereas the Trillium Compact is much more of a loose alliance. You have no reason to oppose our funding requirements."

"The whole intent of the clause about the Community secretaries was to have them be the Supervising Committee for funding. That being said, if you feel strongly about the amendment, draft it up yourself as a proposal and we will endorse it."

"On the intent of this organization. Let us make ourselves perfectly clear: as per a decision by this body during this session, this is an economic community and not solely a free trade agreement. As such, it is meant to do more than just strike down trade barriers, but to also ease the flow of trade via migration and infrastructure. If that is not something Ceretis is interested in, then Ceretis may choose not to sign."

"Finally, on the issues of a customs union, it's implementation is necessary for free trade. If we do not have common trade policy, by definition a Customs Union, we cannot effectively maintain free trade amongst one another."

"But ultimately, none of this matters. Defer to Article I, Section 3:"

Article I. Section 3:
Member-States of the Economic Association of Craviter retain the right to self-determination, both in foreign and domestic affairs. As such, any nation which does not wish to comply with a particular policy proposal put forward by the Association may do so, so long as they officially announce their intention of doing so in an official petition to the organization. Furthermore, every Member-State of the Association shall maintain the right to equal representation in any of the three communities they choose to join. No Member-State shall be compelled to participate in any body they do not intend to.

"Any self determination concerns Ceretis has are moot, as these accords affirm absolute sovereignty."

Alycia shifted a bit and corrected her coat cuffs as she got close to her microphone.
"Monsieur D'Amboise, Do we have an issue? We are all equals here and all opinions and proposals matter, please do not derogate or deride. I have no doubt in my mind that CEA will form regardless of what happens here today or even tomorrow if need be. If we have to come back to the drawing board on parts of the charter mere days after this conference, I will be more than livid."

"Any concerns or proposals someone may have about any segment of this document are valid. I want a solid charter not a flappy piece of sad paper with buckshot through it. If we are going to disarm and completely toss out someone's points, citing an article and section of the very charter that we are building we already have issues. I do not consider 'you can just ignore or opt out of it' a valid argument. "

"I want this to succeed, we all want this to succeed I am sure. We hammer out the kinks here and now, not days, weeks or even months from now pushing through amendments that should have been in the original document in the first place. With that, I would hear other opinions on Mr. Koslowski's points."

Last edited:
With a disconcerted look on his face, Norm leaned into the microphone "Mr. D'Amboise, you would like us to sign onto a document that you state won't interfere with our sovereignty, but the charter that has been proposed clearly states that by its own nature. You're asking us to sign a document that is talking out of both sides of its head and is thus worthless. Having said that, participation in it will cost us an absurd amount of money for the privilege to add our signature." Firmly placing his finger on the document he commented "C’est des conneries!"

"You talk about how much we pay to the Trillium Compact, but that organization costs us a fraction of what this proposal demands and includes scientific research and military protection among other benefits. The Compact pays for itself at the end of the day, while this Accord is nothing more than a headache right now."

"Mr. D'Amboise, are you a confidence man well known to the police? We are not in the habit of bilking our taxpayers to fund an organization we see as being potentially dead on arrival."

"As for your suggestion that I sign the charter here and now and then later propose an amendment to fix an underlying issue, I think not. If this is any show of the future of this organization's willingness to recognize and make a proper change it is grim indeed. If we cannot establish a solid foundation here and now in this conference, then the prospects for a stable organization going forward remains incredibly low and the survival of the organization is unlikely."

Gesturing toward the Norsian delegation while looking at Mr. D'Amboise, he continued, "Summing up what we have thus experienced and going off of what Queen Alycia has so eloquently stated, I say it sounds much like we're being told 'shut up and sign the document as we don't need to hear about this 'revision thing' unless pressured to do so'. I imagine the most likely and generous response after the charter is signed will sound something along the lines of 'shut up, you knew what you were signing up for when it was passed.'"

"Unless you take this matter more seriously, I think my time would be better spent strolling the beautiful streets of this fair nation and maybe stopping at the café I noticed on the way in this morning."

Gaiseric Volkmann paused before leaning towards the microphone 'The Essalanean Delegation supports this project wholeheartedly, more expedient migration of labour and increased trading and infrastructural links are vital to the sustaining of our growth, While there may be issues that require greater scrutinising and tweaking. We feel that the legislation is better passed so that we have something to work with, rather than a potential argument over a non-existent treaty'

Moving a raised hand around the room Gaiseric regarded each of the delegates before resuming 'if there are concerns with regard to oversight, by all means, let there be a regulatory council to prevent abuses, but please brothers and sisters, let us put our high minded ideals into practice, Craviter and Collandris have a rare opportunity to create lasting peace and prosperity, if we let this opportunity slip from our grasp then our descendants shall bear the burden of our failure for generations to come'

Last edited:
D'amboise audibly chuckled. Norsians were always known for their fiery passion, but he didn't expect that to cloud Alycia's otherwise stellar judgement.

"Your Grace, I am simply stating that I will not offer up an exact correction to the document because I do not support the amendment. I was under the impression that the individuals in this room were Representatives of their nation. Well I represent Callise, and Callise finds the proposal to be needlessly complex and a waste of drafting time. If the Ceretian Delegate would like to issue an exact wording to the Accords Amendment, then Callise may consider supporting it and would be fine if it was added to the charter. But don't expect me to write out changes that my nation couldn't care less about."

D'amboise took off his glasses, hands quite literally shaking.

"And just, why isn't the opt out clause a valid argument, your Grace? You've yet to tell us all why? Because as far as I'm concerned, it's a part of the charter. Clauses like this have been a part of every charter. It's a part of the Iterian League Charter, it's a part of the PGU Charter, and it was a part of the dreaded PU's Charter. Every international organization has had this clause, and in every international organization, sovereignty has been given the utmost respect. This section of the Accords follows in that trend and ensures that all of the Ceretians concerns about sovereignty are simply moot."

D'amboise holds his glasses to Alycia.

"If you'd like to read the Charter again, you may borrow my glasses."

D'amboise chuckled to himself.

"I apologize, your Grace, I only jest. But the argument remains the same. If it's written on paper on these Accords, then you can't complain about sovereignty."

D'amboise turned to the Ceretian.

"Let's start by talking about funding. Callise would be willing to lower the funding requirements to a tenth of a percent of one's budget, but beyond that will only serve to cripple this august organization. We need funding requirements or this organization cannot survive. This Organization will seek to, WITH MEMBER APPROVAL, standardize international policy. The Trillium Compact encourages cooperation, as per it's many initiatives, but it has no active projects. This organization will pass policy SUGGESTIONS and will be coordinating projects through central planning, given that a Member-State consents. This Organization, if anything, requires more than the TC. We are fine with cutting the funding requirement to the tenth of a percent proposal, but any further would be absurd."

"On the issue of regulation, I fear you misunderstand my point. I was suggesting that you propose an Amendment HERE, with full wording, so we can actually alter the Charter to accommodate for your proposal. I apologize for the miscommunication.

D'amboise's voice was tired, level, and mildly frightening. He spoke with the bored anger that only an exhausted old man could.

"I don't appreciate you insulting me, if I'm being honest. If I'm hurrying to finish this session, it's only because it's my job. Believe it or not, I have quite a lot to do in Fontaine. I'm expected to train new Diplomats and organize a meeting with the Severyn's. I have been instructed by Dupont to deliver a final product to present to the Senate as soon as possible, so forgive me for acting with such haste."

"And beyond that, I have some personal matters to attend to. My daughter just went into labor, and is expected to give birth within the next day or two. I had hoped to be present for the birth of my grandson, but this conference might tie me up in that regard. That's not to say that I think my personal matters should hurry along the conference, but I'd like the Ceretians to show me, a representative of one of their closest allies, even a modicum of respect and understanding. Not all of us have Cafés to return to when we get home."

D'amboise took his seat and finished his statement from there.

"Getting back on topic, I believe Callise has been very accommodating. Given that our funding requirements are reduced, given that this charter has always reserved right to sovereignty, and given that Ceretis proposes their alteration with specific wording after I finish speaking, I'd say all of the concerns in this chamber have been addressed. And once we vote on Ceretis' proposed changes, as well as those already proposed, I think we should be ready to move into the final stages of this discussion."

Last edited:
Annoyed at the whole situation, that things were going absolutely nowhere. Norm tapped his pen lightly on the papers on his desk as he thought. Looking at the delegates present, and glancing at the time on his watch, he decided things weren't going to progress today.

Leaning to his microphone he began, "Queen Alycia, I believe it is getting late, many of those present here, I'm sure, would more than like to get something to eat. It seems, for now, that we're at a stalemate."

Looking at D'Amboise, "Thus far attempts to garner genuine needed discussion with certain members in this room over the changes has met with nothing but resistance, and sneers." Grabbing the notes off his desk he straightened them neatly. "I'm thinking we should call a recess for the night."

Holding up his notes, "Since it seems certain members are unwilling or unable to see what I'm talking about with the accords, I shall write them up into a revised form for everyone's review. Then, perhaps, you'll see tomorrow, what I had hoped might have been crafted collaboratively today; had they taken the time to participate rather than demand the existing charter just be accepted."

“I must admit that by now this discussion has been tiring. I agree with the Ceretian delegation, and second the motion to call a recess for the night.”

She yawned.

Alycia looked at her own clock and nodded. "I agree, people are hungry, it's getting late and arguing is not going to get anywhere. Nothing we are doing right now is productive, let's get food in our bellies our nerves calmed and sleep on it and come at this charter with vengeance tomorrow. Recess is granted. Alycia rose to a stand from her chair and looked to D'Amboise.

"La famille avant tout. If you need to go home let us not hold you here. if you decide to leave I would only ask that you try to find a stand-in but do not let that stop you."

D'amboise smiled at the queen's kindness.

"Thank you, your grace, but I'm afraid that's an impossibility at the present moment. The Dupont Directorate has sent me as their emissary, and I must fulfill that role. All I ask is that we finish with relative haste."

"We agree with the good representative from Ceretis, it's time for a recess."

Straightening his hat as he walked down the street, Norm peered into shops looking for a good breakfast to go on the way to the conference. One quaint little shop appeared promising and he decided to stop in for a closer look. They had a wide array of tasty looking breakfast items, some prepared, others on the menu, but he needed something to go. He found what looked to be just the right item, a savory filo, looking much like one a little shop near his home back in Lille sells. He ordered it along with a good size cup of coffee. The pastry was a little different than he was used to, as this one seemed to have apricots on top, 'a tasty twist on the item' he thought to himself.

Finishing it up as he reached the conference building, he headed inside. Not many others were around just yet, which is exactly why he came in a little earlier than expected. Proceeding to the conference room two of his aides were pulling binders out and distributing them onto the desks of the delegates.

As he made sure everything was in order his valet stopped in, "The items you requested, sir." Taking the gifts he responded, "Thank you, Jarvis" Two boxes wrapped in elegant paper and bound together by a complimenting but modest bow. Placing the items next to the Callisian delegate's desk, he pulled a small envelope from his suit pocket and tucked it in place atop the gifts.

Fabien,

Hope there are no hard feelings, as I'm sure you know, this is politics and sometimes it gets heated.
I have to do what is right and what is best in the service of my country, just as you must for yours.
Perhaps today we can work together and wrap things up quickly so you can be with your family.

This note though is actually of a personal nature; as I bought a few items I thought might be useful
for your family with the birth of your grandchild. I hope they like the presents and it'll serve them
well. If you'd like, next time, I'll buy you a bottle to celebrate and you can show off pictures of the
new tyke. Again, congratulations on this joyous occasion.

Pax Vobis,
- Norm Koslowski

<A self-soothing swaddle up sleeper, to help the child sleep better.>
eWFNURom.jpg

<Nanit Smart Baby Monitor and Wall Mount - Camera with HD Video & Audio - Sleep Tracking - Night Vision - Temperature & Humidity Sensors and Nightlight, so you can keep an eye, and peace of mind.>
60Tmewem.jpg

He took his seat at his desk as delegates began to pour down the hallway, the click of their shoes and rumble of their voices was unmistakable. When everyone had found their seats, Queen Alycia started the meeting as expected, giving a short speech before sitting down.

It was now Norm's turn, "Fellow delegates, I hope today will be a more productive day. As I promised, I have brought a revised set of the accords, one whose language is more in tune with what I had hoped we'd have accomplished yesterday." Holding up his copy, "I have provided you all with a hard copy as well as a digital format to peruse, and I hope that you all might find it favorable." Flipping a few pages into the document he placed his hand on the pages. "This revision holds the same spirit as the prior document, it holds much the same content as before, but changes the language to be more in line with sovereignty concerns, clarifying various points, organizing certain portions differently, creating a level of accountability, and adjusting the funding method to scale to the needs of the organization in a manner I feel will be found appropriate to all."

Looking at a few delegates in particular, "You may notice that this document does not cite the most contentious items that were throwing a wrench into the works before. Those are items that we should look at deeply and certainly, but they were too much too soon, placing the cart before the horse. This document needs to give us our goals, set for us a path, one we can take as time and circumstance afford. This document has some specificity where it needs to be specific and includes items I think we can all agree upon without much issue. However, the rest is not meant to be specific. This is meant to be broad ideas, showing the scope of what this community can do, in the proper time."

"This document now creates a solid foundation without locking in things that are not required for this moment but can be worked out later so we can better know their desired meanings, terms, and effects. When you start to define too much, lock in too much, then you have strife."

Gesturing to those present as though he were tossing the question to them, "How do you eat an elephant?" Briefly pausing and looking around, "Not in one gulp like we were asked before, but bite by bite like this document provides."

"As I have said, this document retains all the items that I'm sure the members sought to have at its core and lays out guidance on what can be accomplished through this potentially great organization; however, the small pieces that became great stumbling stones have been pushed to the future of this organization through this document. They are still waiting for us fellow delegates, to debate and to pass. But until then, join me in passing this agreement, one that I can agree upon, one that you can agree upon, one that we all can agree upon." With that, he sat back in his chair. "I yield the floor."

______________________________________________​

Last edited:
Rajat rose briefly. "At the moment, I don't have any objections." he replied to Norm. "I think the document is a nice streamlining of the original, and I do commend the removal of some more...contentious subjects. I know, for example, the Migration Community may ignite debate in some nations; so it's good that these have been simplified with the intent you mentioned."

Rajat sat down and sighed internally. He could see Mahant Pawar raving now.

Last edited:
Markos read over the paper that the Delegate from Ceretis gave to them and he in most certainty agreed with the Delegate in most of his points. He read over his notes a couple more times before deciding to speak which normally he would not hesitate but this time he had to be cautious as he did not want to anger the Delegation from Callise. He took a drink of water before speaking.

“I personally commend the Delegate from Ceretis on his ability to draft a document of this high quality in such a short time which it keeps to the main message of the previous draft while albeit asserting the sovereignty of the member. Sovereignty I think is a key concern that most nations here have as I mean I don’t think we need to go into past history but giving up our freedoms is not something we are accustomed to doing. This draft I think perfectly nails all the key points of the last and raises the member higher as well.

We forget so much that empires weren’t built in days and neither were good long lasting treaties and organizations. No one here I think is interested in” he briefly looked at the Syrixian Delegate, “asserting their dominance. This should work for the benefit of us all not just the few. So I will support the draft and like he said he gives us plenty of freedom to build off of the document as it stands.”

Gaiseric gently closed the revised proposal and paused for a moment to think

Agreeable, and it simplifies things

He leaned towards the Microphone and cleared his throat before speaking "I commend the representative for his well thought out revision of the treaty proposal, The clans will have peace under these terms, we vote in approval"
He sat back in his chair and sighed

Now we see how the others will react

"This can work for us," said Kaya smiling. "However, it is important that all of the nations in this room find the new terms agreeable and as such I hope to hear from every delegation present."

ƛemsan glanced through the proposal, noting the revisions.

"This proposed revision of the Accords is amenable to the Yeran delegation, for the most part. We are concerned about potential monetary issues stemming from defining a maximum percentage of Gross Domestic Product to be paid by each member, and would prefer to see that set each fiscal year, but otherwise consider us in support."

"I agree to this revisions, Norsia is for." Alycia said shortly as she sat down into her chair obviously a bit tired.

Sonny Kofoed pushed his glasses down his nose as he looked over the pages before him before looking up.

“The Prydanian government approves and supports these changes.”

D'amboise looked over the revisions thoughtfully. They were a great amendment to the "Syrixian's proposal". He rose to address the chamber, but spoke to Norm directly.

"I know we've had our differences over the course of this debate, but I like these revisions. I am in favor of all of the Ceretian proposals and would like us to adopt nearly all of these provisions. Given that we are willing to concede to most, if not all, Ceretian demands, we ask them to meet us in the middle on one provision as well."

"Under the proposed Charter, one may not allocate more than 0.01% of their GDP to the organization. Under this system, no minimums are in effect, and anyone who wishes to not pay their dues could get a 'free ride' as a member of this organization. We beg the Ceretians to agree to an amendment either establishing a minimum percentage due, or vesting the ability to set member dues in the body designated to set budgets. Anything to ensure that all pull their weight. Otherwise, Callise is fully in support of this proposal, and its provisions will be far more amicable to the National Sovereigntists."

"I agree with D'Amboise." Rajat briefly added. "While it is good that we are careful to not spend too much, we must also be careful that we do not spend too little. It would not be fair if some nations paid reasonable dues and others paid barely enough to afford a bag of pani puri."

Alycia laughed to herself a little bit "This annual budget and payment shall be proportionally divided among the members and shall not exceed 0.01% of a Member's total gross domestic product."
"That gave me the imagery of everyone passing the check tray at a restaurant to pitch in, but in all seriousness."

"If I understand this correctly and I believe I do, there is no need for a minimum, the proportional payment IS the minimum. It's an invoice, it is not asking for a donation, it's a bill like your phone or electricity but more communal. The member state gets billed its share of the payment for the association's annual budget, while said share of the payment can never exceed the 0.01% of that members GDP. Everyone pays, but no Treasury is emptied either."

Norm had a chuckle as he pictured in his mind the passing of a check tray among the members. Composing himself he started, "As pointed out by Queen Alycia, The membership would have a minimum payment due, and there would be no 'free riding' in this organization."

"Let me quote the appropriate portion of the charter...
Section 1. With the assistance of the Members of their Community and their respective staff, the Community Secretaries and the Deputy Secretary, acting on behalf of the Secretariat, shall compile a yearly budget to fulfill their salary requirements, their policy goals, their operations, and any other discretionary spending that is felt to be necessary. This compiled budget shall be submitted to the Secretariat for review by the First Secretary. Upon completion of this review process, the total sum of the Community Budgets alongside the Secretariat Budget shall be totaled and submitted for payment by the Members of this Association. This annual budget and payment shall be proportionally divided among the members and shall not exceed 0.01% of a Member's total gross domestic product."

"Therefore you can see, there is already a minimum payment due by all members, and that is the budget requirement set by the organization itself. That payment is set by the communities and secretariat together and totals all money needed for everything they plan on doing, plus an additional discretionary fund for unforeseen needs. This money is then split among the members proportional to their size so if a nation such as Korova were to join, they would not pay an equal share to that which Ceretis pays to the organization. Hence, the proportional division of billing mentioned. This bill is then sent to each of the member nations, adjusted for their size and portion. This bill would be sent more as a specific invoice with the amount due to the appropriate parties to be paid and not an observation of how much the organization overall requires."

"All nations will pay a portion of the bill, but what that portion will be is determined by the needs of the organization. Nobody shall free ride." Pausing briefly, "I suppose I can add in "Further, it shall fall upon the First Secretary to ensure that all members pay their share of the organizations budget." to the end of Article 1. I hope this might alleviate all the remaining concerns?"

"I think it does." Rajat replied, nodding calmly. "Thank you for clarifying."

"I would prefer for the suggested amendment to be made, and I hope the individuals at this table, who have been VERY critical of this charter and wanted it to be a workable agreement, will start taking the appropriations seriously."

D'amboise composed himself, checking his watch. He assumed this would be the last day of the conference, so he had asked for the plane to be prepared for his return home. He had gotten a call at 5 this morning from his son-in-law. His daughter had gone into labor and will give birth to his grandson in 16 hours. If he hurries, he may be able to be present for his birth, but first he needed to conclude this session.

"There is no drawback to adding this amendment, as specification can never have an unintended consequence. And seeing as others seem to like these accords, I propose we move to a vote on the Charter with the addition of the Ceretian clarification on appropriations."

Alycia spoke up again "with Mr. Mirpuri's seconding I recall this vote and I would like to inform all that are present here I have taken the Ceretian digital copy of the charter and have made the proposed changes in line with what has been discussed. Shall the Craviterean Economic Association form under this charter, who shall be its founding signatories? Voting begins now."

Nation: Your nation name
Form the Craviterean Economic Association with the current Charter?: <YEA/NAY/ABSTAIN>

Nation: Norsia

Form the Craviterean Economic Association with the current Charter? <YEA>

Last edited:
Nation: Syrixian Empire
Form the Craviterean Economic Association with the current Charter?: <YEA>

Nation: Kingdom of Prydania
Form the Craviterean Economic Association with the current Charter?: <YEA>

Back