official floof
-
Pronouns
he/they
TNP Nation
Darcania
Discord
@zephyrkul
It has a good ring to it, but it doesn't have any alliteration...

Not much to say here. I previously served as Attorney General from January 2017 to November 2017, as well as Deputy Attorney General from November 2016 to January 2017. I have also previously served as Speaker, as well as many terms as Election Commissioner.

This term is likely to be the most important term for the Attorney General in some time, due to the currently under debate changes to the office. My main goal for this office would be to reach out to other legal minds within the region and attempt to coordinate a loose set of guidelines for prosecutors going forward, whether or not such prosecutors would remain the Attorney General or an appointed official.

Beyond that, I have previously served as Attorney General and would be happy to continue. Though my NS activity in general waxes and wanes, I maintain an active presence nearly every single day and would be fully capable of taking up any case or other duty that is required within a matter of hours at the most.

Please feel free to ask any questions or share any comments you have.

It's good to see you enter the race. I think you're definitely qualified; at the moment I'm undecided but I wish you the best of luck!

Should we add floof to the constitution making it our official regional mascot?

It's good to see you enter the race. I think you're definitely qualified; at the moment I'm undecided but I wish you the best of luck!
Thankee
Do you think hate crimes should be legislated for in TNP? Why/why not?
I believe that this topic is already covered well enough by existing legislation, namely by the Constitution's clause on forum administration (Article 8, clause 2) and the Legal Code's clause on banning according to NS rules (Section 7.3, clause 11). Unless I am mistaken on administration policy, this should sufficiently cover such instances.
Should we add floof to the constitution making it our official regional mascot?
floof is no mere mascot

Despite us having many quarrels and disagreements, I can't fail to recognize your strong ability to perform the duties of this office. You have my vote.

There has been talk about abolishing the Attorney General's office due to its lack of activity. Some say that this is simply logical, while others argue that this merely means that our laws are being followed, no one is stepping out of line, and that is a good thing. In light of this, are there any tasks that should be done frequently that you think only the AG is qualified to do, thus necessitating the position?

There has been talk about abolishing the Attorney General's office due to its lack of activity. Some say that this is simply logical, while others argue that this merely means that our laws are being followed, no one is stepping out of line, and that is a good thing. In light of this, are there any tasks that should be done frequently that you think only the AG is qualified to do, thus necessitating the position?
I believe that discussion around Siwale's AGORA bill should go in the debate thread, not here. To answer your question, however, I do not believe there are day-to-day tasks that only the AG can do. While the AG is meant to be a legal advisor for the Executive, this can be awkward for both the AG and the Executive due to the fact that the AG would also be the one to prosecute. This duty has also already been superceded entirely by the Advisors to the Delegate position, which often includes preeminent legal minds such as Elu, SS, and COE among their ranks.

Last edited:
What are your opinions on our Judicial system?

Your opponent, Funk, has proposed looking at a non-adversarial system. Your thoughts on that?

Are there any other changes you believe should be made to the Judicial system?

What are your opinions on our Judicial system?
The adversarial nature of our court tends to inflame any conflict or drama that is brought to it, and lengthens the process by which a party is found innocent or guilty. Those who are new to the region or unfamiliar with the legal nature behind our system can also commonly mistake IC or OOC motive or malice behind actions taken by a prosecutor.
That's not to say there aren't benefits to this system, of course. The prosecutor seeks to prove their guilty thesis as well they can, while the defense does their best to ensure the defendant has their right to a fair trial, and in a way ensures the prosecutor's arguments remain based on fact by dismissing the evidence and arguments that are spurious.
On the one hand, we're playing a political game, and a proper adversarial court trial is not only part of that but can be some of the tensest moments of that game, and any gameplayer can know how thrilling it can be to overcome that challenge. On the other hand, a game isn't worth having so much drama and stress poured into it. In my view, as I have stated various times before, I don't have a high opinion of our judicial system.

Your opponent, Funk, has proposed looking at a non-adversarial system. Your thoughts on that?
Until such time that it becomes a proposal for the RA to debate, it will remain a simple idea, one that has been brought up before. I'm all for trying out a new system, but the details of that implementation could kill it. I also personally do not have enough experience with such a system to have much in terms of detailed thought on it - my experience solely comes from witnessing a Lazarus justice failing to understand the system.

Are there any other changes you believe should be made to the Judicial system?
No specific changes come to mind.

Thank you for your answers.

Thoughts on our Coat of Arms laws? It has been suggested they should be changed.

Darcania, you have in the past resigned from your office suddenly and then left the region out of frustration with some members of the community. Is this something you see possibly occurring while you are Attorney General?

Back