[Closed] 2019 Omoxoje Summit

TNP Nation
Demescia
META-Letter-1.png

Open to all members of the Meterra Economic Treaty Association.
Code:
[B]COUNTRY:[/B] [Long Conventional Country Name]
[B]MEMBERSHIP:[/B] [Third-Party Member or Full Member]
[B]HEAD OF STATE:[/B] [Title and Name]
[B]PLENIPOTENTIARY NAME:[/B] [Title and Name]

Example:
MEMBERSHIP: Full Member
HEAD OF STATE: Delegate Premier Ito Okeke
PLENIPOTENTIARY NAME: Demescia-META Spokesperson Nnenna Kayode

MEMBERSHIP: Third-Party Member
HEAD OF STATE: Rajesh III, Emperor of the Syrixian Empire
PLENIPOTENTIARY NAME: Mateuz Szymanski

HEAD OF STATE: Notboss Dragonking
PLENIPOTENTIARY NAME: Crescent Killer

HEAD OF STATE: King Renadt II
PLENIPOTENTIARY NAME: Minister of Meterran Affairs, Resard Ervas

HEAD OF STATE: Queen-Empress Amelia
PLENIPOTENTIARY NAME: Arno Barre

HEAD OF STATE: King Marcus of Augustus Town
PLENIPOTENTIARY NAME: Governor Ryo Koizumi of Aeaea

HEAD OF STATE: The Council of the Majestic Twelve
PLENIPOTENTIARY NAME: Ion Dardanus, Haor Chall Representative to META and Envoy of the MJ12

Last edited:
COUNTRY: Triple Federation of Trinster MEMBERSHIP: Full Member
HEAD OF STATE: Triumvirate Robyn Llewellyn PLENIPOTENTIARY NAME: EVA-MET-01 "Dec"

ZwBZMcl.png
We thank in advance the nations which will be attending:
  • The Syrixian Empire, and their plenipotentiary Mateuz Szymanski.
  • The Constitutional Monarchy of Draconics, and their plenipotentiary Crescent Killer.
  • The United Kingdom of Sasten, and their plenipotentiary Resard Ervas.
  • The Lancerian Empire, and their plenipotentiary Arno Barre.
  • The Monarchy of Guslantis, and their plenipotentiary Ryo Koizumi.
  • The Majestic Twelve of Haor Chall, and their plenipotentiary Ion Dardanus.
  • The Triple Federation of Trinster, and their plenipotentiary EVA-MET-01 "Dec".
  • The Marä of Naizerre, and their plenipotentiary Mbo Mgi.
Plenipotentiaries may lodge at the Myenlyya Resort free of charge until the meeting has concluded. Plenipotentiaries may also receive breakfast, lunch, and dinner free of charge.

However, plenipotentiaries are also expected to comply with the resort's code of conduct as well as domanial and federal law. Violations of such will result in their respective punishments unless and until agreements are reached regarding their circumvention.

As stated before, the summit will occur at the Conference Hall of Myenlyya Resort on May 1 @ 15:00. We hope that all nations of the summit will discuss issues cordially and without disparagement. The decisions of this meeting have the potential to impact the Association's future proceedings, so we must handle it as seriously and professionally as possible.

We once again thank the members participating in the summit and thus participating in META's future. Synergy is our strength.

Last edited:
Ryo was the newest Governor in Guslantis, with her position being created alongside the province of Aeaea itself. She had fair skin with long jet black hair, and she decided on this special occasion to wear a white dress with light blue flowers. She was excited to be representing Guslantis at this summit, and she was ready for the change it would bring, hopefully to her province.

The inside of her blue heels clicked together as she stood up to address the representatives. She adjusted her black framed glasses and then began to speak.

"When Guslantis joined META, our intentions were abundantly clear. With one of the largest and most successful technology corporations with our borders, within the city that I gratefully serve as the leader of, Guslantis hopes to positively impact the trade and economics of our neighbors on Meterra and all of Eras.

For those not aware, Guslantis recently agreed to let Thomas, our largest tech company, build its own city of the future in the newly-created province of Aeaea. We're currently in phase two of constructing this monumental effort. What this means for META is huge. Being at the forefront of such a massive technological undertaking, being able to have an administrative office, or even a headquarters within a city where the buildings are still being built, and location can be our choosing, not decided by what free lots are available.

We've coined this proposal 'METAplex' and as we proceed with the discussions of offices, I hope that this is something that the members can think about. We also look forward to discussing what makes us great. Our sense of synergy.

We'd like to thank the government of Demescia for our invitation, and hope this summit brings out the best of META," she said before taking a seat.

Last edited:
MEMBERSHIP: Full member
HEAD OF STATE: High Chief Tsubo Tsango
PLENIPOTENTIARY NAME: Minister of Foreign Affairs Mbo Mgi

Wearing a non-descript grey suit, and of average build and height, Ion Dardanus could easily have been mistaken for a minor functionary from any nation, if he hadn’t been for the sign on the table in front of him. The only concession to colour he wore was a small metallic red lapel pin, in the shape of the Majestic Twelves sigil. He nodded politely as Ryo Koizumi spoke and waited for her to sit before speaking. “On behalf of the Majestic Twelve, I would like to thank Premier Okeke and the nation of Demescia for hosting this summit. There is a great deal to discuss and I believe that what we can accomplish here today could come to be seen as a historic moment in the development of META as a force for stability and prosperity in Meterra and beyond.”

He paused and looked around the room at the assembled delegates before continuing, “some of what we must address is contentious and whilst we may not all agree on every detail, I hope that we can all look to see the long-term benefit of META and find common ground on which to stand united. Establishing a secretariat and creating a physical presence for META will be an important milestone, whatever else we can agree here today."

“It has already been said, that synergy is our strength, and I must tell you that this idea resonates deeply within the culture of Haor Chall. On behalf of my nation, I hope we can work together to build a brighter future for us all,” he finished, taking his seat again.

The rotunda was adorned with lurid impressionist paintings and white stucco patterns against the ochre walls. Muqarnas vaulting and a warm chandelier hung over the delegates, giving setting to the annular table where they sat. The blinds of the large curved windows filtered the sunlight of the afternoon.

Sinjorin’ Kayode sat in a minimalistic black–and–ecru deskchair directly facing the door. She looked around at the delegates that had already arrived, clasping her hands. She wore a fuschia blouse, with coral lipstick and rich chestnut foundation to match. With an amiable smile, she greeted the delegates:

“Welcome to Demescia, welcome to Omoxoje, and most importantly welcome to META’s first summit. We’re glad to have you all for this crucial meeting on META’s future as an organization. I, first and foremost, agree with the sentiments of Haor Chall. The decisions foreshadowed will be major and controversial, but I believe they are decisions we are ready to make. Topics on the table include the establishment of secretariats, which thank Guslantis for bringing up, and the applications of a few controversial countries such as McMasterdonia. The former I think we can unanimously agree on; the latter not so much. But I’m positive we can resolve with fairness, prudence and of course, our radiating brand of synergy.

“So that we get to know each other a tad better before we get into the salted grits, I would like for you all to introduce yourselves: tell us about yourself, about your country, and about what your country wants to achieve or gain from this meeting, just as what Sinjor’ Dardanus and Sinjorin’ Koizumi have done.

“I’ll start off: I’m Nnenna Kayode, an Rango Roza recipient and an Omoxoje native. I’ve always had a keen interest in the development and betterment of all peoples and not just my own, so it is an honor to represent Demescia, one of the most diverse nations in the world, in a summit that will better the lives of so many people and the economies of many countries. My hope, as well as my superior Okeke’s, is to keep META on the right track to becoming a global household name and a successful fellowship of Meterran countries.”

Notboss raises his talon, "It is a pleasure to.meet you all. My name is Notboss Dragonking the king of Draconics. Our plans are to open ourselves to the world as we have stayed isolated on our own most of the time, but my citizens have been pushing to open up to other countries and we decided to come to META. We want to share our ideas of human rights but as well as environmental protection to better the world. Our country has become 90% reliant on green energy and renewables. I will be representing my country and so will Crescent Killer. Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself and I say it is an honor to be in another country." Notboss finishes and smiles at everyone keeping his draconic tail close to his legs.

“Thank you Sinjorin’ Kayode. I suppose I could say a little more about myself and Haor Chall,” Ion said dryly, “We are a more insular people, not particularly open and slow to trust… But, I am here for a reason. I have served in the foreign service on behalf of the Majestic Twelve for many years and travelled to most parts of Meterra in that time, I will say no more about myself except that I have seen first-hand why an organisation like META holds such importance for our collective future.”

“And the Council of Majestic Twelve, who have long preferred isolation, recognise that it is no longer a viable position for us to hold. We are a wealthy country, with many businesses which span the world and which already operate in all of the countries present here today. But this is not the reason why I am here.” He paused, nodding at Kayode with a thin smile, “We have already had some debate on whether META is purely an economic organisation or not. I am here on behalf of Haor Chall, because we now recognise that the purely economic relationships we have with the rest of the world are not enough. Geo-economics, the level at which those in this room must deal with, inherently mixes the political with the economic. META is a path to do so for the collective benefit of all, to avoid the risks of trade wars or real wars, to leverage our economic strength together for stability, security and prosperity for all. And so that is why I am here, a vision that I hope you all share too.”

Arno Barre was young for his office, but confident. Ambition and a bit of luck had seen him rise through the diplomatic corps of the Lancerian Empire and into the earliest members of the Lancerian delegation to META. Today he stood at the first META summit, a little bit proud, but otherwise focused.

"The Lancerian Empire is honoured to be in esteemed company. The nations gathered here today form the backbone of one of the most intriguing and potential-filled organizations through not only Meterra, but the whole of Eras.

I have dedicated my life as a representative of the Empire and its efforts to better itself and its world. From META's earliest days we have recognized the amazing opportunity to do that through our active and in depth participation. I am here to seize that opportunity for the benefit of all who sit here today.

We have many important issues to tackle, some controversial, but I have a firm belief that the company I share this floor with are nations that seek the same ultimate goals of cooperation and peace. With that in mind I rest easy, knowing that progress will be made in these next days.

May these talks be fruitful, the future bright, and the standards set high."

Last edited:
Resard Ervas was hardly new to this sort of event; he had been Minister of Foreign Affairs for eight years before the King split his position and gave him the exclusive remit of managing Sasten's interactions with META. Some of the pundits in Azarai had seen this as a demotion, but he himself did not, and if King Renadt had thought so when he made the move he certainly didn't show it. The move did lighten his workload though, something he was thankful for, and it allowed is mind to focus exclusively on the biggest task he'd had in his entire career. That this may be that task's most important conference since its foundation certainly weighed on his mind.

"Some of you may recognize me from earlier interactions, or so I should hope. For those of you who have only recently joined this organization, I am Resard Ervas, Minister of Meterran Affairs in the United Kingdom of Sasten. It's a post the King created quite recently, intended to give this organization the time and effort it deserves to be successful. I am not new to this group however; I have had the pleasure of being a part of META since the very beginning, and indeed my own signature can be seen on the founding document. It has been wonderful to see it grow from those humble origins not long ago, and it is an honour to see all the new faces at this meeting.

"As Mr. Dardanus has said, it has become clear that this organization can no longer remain the purely economic association we were at our founding, we must branch out and venture into the murky realm geopolitics if we wish to remain successful on the world stage, as well as create a more meaningful presence for this organization in and of itself. It is my hope that we can find a clear and agreeable means to do so in this conference. The world changes with each passing day, and we most change with it."

Mbo Mgi had served Naizerre for more than 30 years. Born into the Bëmbëngö Kala tribe, Mbo had firstly served as a childhood servant in the household of the Old Chief, Jafari Biya, mainly for one of his sons. The Kala tribe were peddlers of information first and formost, being based high in the central Naizerri mountains, and many young Kala served in the households Naizerri chieftens, funnelling information back to the tribe.

Mbo had slipped away from the Old Chief's employ around the time of their 15th birthday, and from there entered the service of Naizerre's intelligence agency, before taking a forward step into diplomatic service during the asendency of Mboto Jones. Surviving the chaos of his fall, Mbo had brokered a political alliance between the Kala and a number of smaller tribes, becomming a powerful player in the post-Mboto Jones landscape. Leveraging this new found power into a cabinet position, they now found themselves as Naizerre's Minister of Foreign Affairs, under High Chief Jardim. Whilst not ideological bedfellows with Jardim's coalition, Mbo got on well with the High Chief.

Mbo began with a small cough, the lithe ambeni leaning forward to address the summit. "Forgive Naizerre's recent tardiness. An internal issue meant our attention was elsewhere, but now we are pî again. That is to say, we are awake."

Mbo looked around, before continuing. "Naizerre would like to echo the thanks offered by other Marä's present to our îtä koli and îtä wali from Demescia. It is a marvelous achievement. We also welcome those Marä amongst us that have recently joined META. Naizerre - and myself personally - look forward to working with you."

"There are a number of issues present before us that we together shall be required to address. From controversial applications to matters of grave importance, and many inbetween. I look forward to hearing more from the Guslantians about this METAplex, and whether their plan has in mind further satelitte complexes in other META Marä, such as Sasten in the north, or any of the central Meterran Marä."

"We also echo the words of our îtä kulä, Sasten, in that META must branch out from its cultural and economic beginnings. Bringing further Marä into META should be a priority, as well as increasing our efforts to standardise regulations - or if that is not possible, then looking to mutually recognise products and services offered by Marä of META throughout the organisation. We look forward to pursuing these goals, and in offering a further outward focus, based on positive relations with likeminded Marä, such as Skanda, or on Craviter and Kian."

Mbo finished, their speech concluded, and took a sip of water, pointedly looking towards the Syrixians as they adjusted the broach on their robes, a relic from Motarä dating to before the Syrixian occupation of the island. Relations had improved, but the message was clear. Naizerre remembers.

“I’m glad we’re all able to find a common ground, at least in terms of interests and purpose,” Sinjorin’ Kayode beamed. “I find it to be true that the Association is to evolve from its roots, but the extent of that evolution can be discussed later. For now, we have an immediate need that we must attend to: the applications for membership to the Association.”

The smile of hers faded away. “Some such as McMasterdonia and the Somaad have proven to be controversial, while others such as Midir have been ignored for months. Demescia is of the opinion that McMasterdonia should be entered into the Association, at least after they finish their drama with Sutherland. The same with Plembobria and Crilalia. We also believe that the Somaad’s entrance into META would prove economically beneficial to both parties.”

Governor Koizumi stood and responded.

"While we agree with most of Demescia's points, there are a few points where our opinions diverge," she began.

"The first is concerning Somaad. We do not want Naizerre's voice to fall on deaf ears. Guslantis does not support the use of slave labor in any of its products, and we surely do not want to set the precedent of allowing nations involved in this practice into the organization. We would like this addressed before we vote on their application," she said.

"The second is McMasterdonia. We have to remember that we are first and foremost an economic organization. McMasterdonia is an economic powerhouse. While there is definitely conflict within the McMasterdonian province of Sutherland, it is not something to hold back membership on, especially with how much of a buffer our economies can provide to offset any costs the McMasterdonian economy spends to bring the province back under the crown. Will our economies see a dip? Most likely. Will our organization be mocked by other nations? Possibly, but we can push forward. Doing something like this would crumble the organization that many of our other alliances have, but META is strong together. We must not let the short-term shock distract us from the long-term gain," she continued.

"I'm sure someone will mention that we are obligated to aid McMasterdonia in the event they were attacked. For those that don't recognize the province as a nation, an attack from within would be a civil war, surely something any nation would aid through medical supplies and food. For those who do recognize the province, my advice would be to provide medical and food supplies to both parties, as each would need your assistance, only aiding McMasterdonia would be against your own government stance on Sutherland," she concluded before taking her seat.

Last edited:
Notboss Speaks up from his moments of silence, "I nor Draconics knows much of what is really going on between McMasterdonia and Naizerre as we are new in this alliance and have been isolated forever, however I will say one thing. Draconics does not support enslavement for labor in any form or fashion, and I would be concerned if a country involved with META supports enslavement of people. In the case of McMasterdonia, I believe that maybe better investigation and more intervation should be used to understand the problems McMasterdonia is having, and find a compromise with oversight of the alliance. Then once they are stable we can let them into the alliance. As well as considering Draconics is a massive power considering naval power in Eras, we could assist with whatever needs to be done militarily", Notboss smiles.
Internally Notboss is concerened if what he said made any sense. He looks over to Crescent and the wolfman nods to him and gives a thumbs up. Crescent has always been better at speaking than Notboss has.

A small frown twitched across Dardanus’ face briefly, I didn’t think it was too much to expect delegates to have been properly briefed by their governments before attending, he thought to himself. Keeping his expression neutral, he rose to speak again. “If I may suggest we discuss one application at a time, we may hopefully avoid confusing the issues – as they all present different challenges. Starting with McMasterdonia, I would like to start by making Haor Chall’s diplomatic position clear: we do not recognise Sutherlands independence. We fully support the position and sovereign rights of the Kingdom of McMasterdonia. We also do strongly wish to see McMasterdonia, as a major economic power in Meterra, join META. Let that be crystal clear.”

He paused, “However.”

“We do not believe it is in the interests of META, or McMasterdonia, for them to accede whilst the situation in Sutherland continues. Fundamentally, the current facts on the ground are such that whilst the government of McMasterdonia – quite rightly – claims the province of Sutherland as sovereign McMasterdonian territory it is not able to exercise the functions of government over that territory. This creates significant legal and political issues and these will have economic consequences – as I would expect all of your international trade and or treasury departments will have advised. In this respect you cannot separate the political and the economic from one another. For those nations in META who have recognised Sutherland, accepting McMasterdonia into META creates real legal challenges between the de jure legal status of the province of Sutherland as McMasterdonian law sets out (as META would apply) and that recognition they have provided of Sutherland as a country in its own right. This does not apply to Haor Chall, and whilst I suppose we could accordingly not concern ourselves with it, we believe it is important that this is understood. This is but one small example of what is, potentially, many very complex legal problems that arise from the accession of a state with disputed territories currently outside of its de facto control.

A possible solution would be for caveats to be applied to McMasterdonia’s accession to META, for the Treaty not to apply to the province of Sutherland until such times as the territorial issues there are resolved. Whilst that would largely satisfy our concerns, I would be surprised if McMasterdonia was willing to agree to such terms but it is an option to consider. In regards to the mutual defence issues, there is concern over the potential for inadvertent escalation, particularly if other nations were to involve themselves, not to mention the credibility issues for META that arise therin. A caveat could also be considered on this clause, although again I would not expect that to be well received by McMasterdonia. We have some other views on the approach we could take to the mutual defence clause more generally, which we will raise later in the summit, but it is not the potential for military involvement which concerns us, so much as the uncertainty which the current situation creates. Markets do not appreciate uncertainty and this will have an impact.

In the view of the Council of the Majestic Twelve, the best option is for McMasterdonia’s application to be paused and held until such times as the Sutherland issue is conclusively resolved. We would ask that all nations support this position. We recognise that those close allies of McMasterdonia may find that difficult, but if we are serious about the value and future of META then this is a necessary decision for us to take. In the long term, we have no doubt that the situation will be resolved and McMasterdonian entry to META affirmed. The Majestic Twelve have always taken the long term view and it is from this perspective we hope you will also see as we do.

Haor Chall would also be willing to form a commission or forum, whether bi-laterally, multilaterally or formally through META, to help McMasterdonia to resolve the Sutherland issue and accede at the earliest opportunity. We also would like to recommend a treaty change – noting that we will doubtlessly discuss that later - to prevent the future of accession of a state with unresolved territorial disputes. That will prevent us being in the invidious position of opposing the membership of a state which we otherwise do support and turn a contentious political problem into a technical one which will not threaten the cohesion of our organisation.”

Last edited:
“Sinjor’ Dardanus,” she started, “if there’s an alternative that gets them through the door quicker, there's no reason to slide it off the round table like a pile of crumbs. We have the ability to discuss terms of membership with the McMasterdonian government, rather than guess their response. Assuming makes an ass out of you, me, and the rest of the association. Besides, it is likely in their best interest that at least most of their territory is grounds free-trade rather than none of it. I’m of course not implying that Sutherland is McMasterdonian territory, but McMasterdonia likely to see it in this perspective. But the best thing to do is, again, ask and plan.

“In regards to moderating a forum about the Sutherlan–McMasterdonian Conflict, that’s an idea that the Demescian Delegate Branch is willing to agree and collaborate on. Though that is if Sutherlan and McMasterdonian regimes are willing to participate in such. Since they currently have no ties to META, especially Sutherland, it may be a challenge for us to give the nations motivation to come together peacefully. If you have any insight about that, I'm more than happy to listen to it.”

Arno Barre had listened and considered and knew his nation's stance. He rose to speak.

"McMasterdonia has been an important nation on Meterra for hundreds of years. It has seen ebbs and flows, as Lanceria has in its past, and as all the nations here today have. Does this organization turn their backs on nations that suffer, however briefly, from internal conflict? Are we fair-weather supporters? Today we ask ourselves that question, and consider the precedent we set for future nations seeking META membership and indeed for META nations themselves if and when instability may affect them. McMasterdonia, surely, will not easily forget the sleight that delaying their application so clearly is. We appreciate that there are pros and cons but a nation and economy so powerful has earned its place in this organisation.

Lanceria acknowledges that some voting nations have different views, and would consider a temporary stay of treaty terms upon the McMasterdonian province of Sutherland until the situation there is resolved to accommodate those concerns, but to postpone the entry of the greatly respectable nation of McMasterdonia would be a position we must oppose.

We are not, however, opposed to hastening the conclusion of the matter. An opportunity to bring concerned parties to the table is one we encourage. A diplomatic resolution is of course most desirable for both moral and economic interests.

It is therefore our position that McMasterdonia should be admitted at the earliest possible time. In addition, that a temporary stay on treaty terms for Sutherland and the opportunity for META-facilitated peace talks be discussed with McMasterdonia through their application process. We hope that other nations see the clear advantages of this stance."

"Guslantis' economic and political aspirations are very similar. We've learned, especially through META, that when we economically thrive, we can provide a great community for our citizens. Two Guslant businesses in general will benefit from McMasterdonia joining, and they couldn't be any more different," began Koizumi.

"The first is Brenna-based Tundra Motors. Employing only a few hundred, it is the perfect example of a small but successful business. Where it really shines is in its build quality, and cars do not leave its factory without meeting high quality standards set and enforced by its leadership. Quality that closely matches McMasterdonian-based Mercadoz, for about half the price. With ease of trade, Tundra can freely compete in the McMasterdonian market without fear of anti-competitive tariffs, something the powerful Mercadoz could lobby for," she continued.

"The second is Guslantis' largest company, and one of the largest, if not the largest tech company in META. I'm of course referring to the Thomas-Ren Corporation, known to most as simply Thomas. While I cannot speak on behalf of the corporation, there is much on the horizon in terms of expansion into McMasterdonia. More money spent on tariffs is less Thomas can spend to make the McMasterdonian economy, and META's economy by extension, stronger through an expansion," she explained.

"Every day we delay this vote, Guslant businesses are missing out on thousands of Meten in sales. This translates on both the macro and micro level to the Guslant economy and the families of the hardworking Brennans who have a father or mother laboring to build cars they can be proud of while also having the freedom to not live paycheck to paycheck. My country's economy is not the only one that will benefit. Demescia's Telogy and Lumigaj will also be affected positively," she stated before sitting down.

Notboss stands up growling which startles his trusted advisor Crescent Killer.
"Not one of you have even suggested an investigation into why sutherland just may not want to be a part of McMasterdonia on the people on an individual level. There is no way that the conflict between sutherland and McMasterdonia can be just economic reasons except unless they are a colony, which I highly doubt it is. This is something similar to what my father before me dealt with many times, especially when the outbreak of our civil war nearly killed me and my family", he says shuddering a little. "Is the McMasterdonian government oppressing them in some way or another? Indirect oppression is as bad if not worse than direct oppression because of how many lies and hatred each party has for each other and it entangles innocent civilians, even ones who dont want to be part of this conflict" Notboss breathes a little heavily. "I suggest we place a referendum or something similar on not just sutherland, but McMasterdonia as well. Ask Sutherland people what they think about McMasterdonia and what their relationship is with them. Ask McMasterdonia people what they think of Sutherland and their relationship, and ask each respective government about the other one. Ask them about each other economically as well, what reasources they have how they are using them whether as a powerhouse or conservatively and carefully, that is my suggestion before we even think about admiting McMasterdonia. Now I know I am a newbie here in this alliance but if we want to gain a better and more economically stable alliamce with each other, then we must think of the people as well. The people are what build the economy, not the governments. I am willing to arrowhead the costs and functions if need be", Notboss then sits down and facepalms a little and looks over to Killer and mouths was I going overboard? And Crecscent Killer shakes his head and shrugs at the same time.

In all of her years of diplomacy, this was the first time Koizumi had a representative growl at her. She stood up to address the representatives, especially Notboss.

"I believe your government is ill informed. When the McMasterdonian province of Sutherland declared unilaterally its split from the Crown, its Arc-Wonderess gave many reasons as to why the province wanted to be free of the Crown, reasons I will not repeat just because your foreign affairs ministry wasn't paying attention," she said, taking a firmer tone.

"There is a divide between McMasterdonians living in the more radical province of Sutherland and McMasterdonians living in the more traditional provinces such as the Intelligentsia Capital Region. While not all of the Sutherland province is against the Crown, there is an overwhelming majority that is ready to pave a new road for their people," began Koizumi.

"While building a nation with ethnically or politically diverse people is a challenge, my government is a gold standard on how to provide for all people, regardless of how they look or how they lean politically. As such, my government will not recognize the province until it has proven itself to have tried every action to remain under the McMasterdonian Crown, which I do not believe it has. Secession is not an act to be considered lightly, especially when at the cost of McMasterdonian officials," she continued.

"Your proposed referendum would reveal what I've previously stated, and would not only be ineffective, but a waste of money. Funds that can be poured back into META, assisting the economies and the people of our great organization. You can stand there and say I don't care about people, but that is clearly mistaken yet again. My government, through the use of technology, has assisted the governments and economies of Syrixia, Prydania, and even as close as here in Demescia. Providing these nations with the opportunity to use technology for the betterment of its society is something we are proud to offer, and we hope to do the same in McMasterdonia shall they be admitted," she continued, before looking directly at Notboss.

"As for your behavior, this summit's goal is to bring us closer as an organization, not tear us apart. I would highly suggest that you either get a grip on your temper, or let someone else represent your nation at this summit. I'd also advise you and your foreign affairs ministry or equivalent pay more attention to what is going on in Eras lest your government find itself in the position of losing the support of your people," she said before taking a seat.

Kayode massaged her forehead with her palm. Glancing down at the ring table, “Sinjors, sinjors,” she said. “Each government appointed their representative for a reason. Sinjorin’ Koizumi, while I do understand your point, just as it is unwise to growl at the roundtable, it's also unwise to attack the prudence and credibility of the governments represented here today. Let's remember why we're here: to have a cordial discussion about the future of this organization and the fate of our applicants.”

She took a sip from her water glass. “Now, I feel it's safe to say we can all unanimously agree that McMasterdonia should enter in the organization at some point due to the economic benefits they present. The only matter for us is when. Some say now, others say later. I for one advocate discussing terms of entrance with the McMasterdonians in order to fully explore our options. However, there's no reason for us to break out into insults, even if some of us have outdated intel. Can we at least find common ground in our hopes that the conflict ends peacefully?”

Notboss was sitting there shocked as he was growling in frustration in general and not at a person. Crescent Killer stands up and waves his hand, "If I may state for the record, if you hear Notboss Dragonking his glorious majesty, growl at any point, it is mostly of his frustration or misurnderstanding of the situation. In Draconics Dragons do that as a form of communication with each other, although I cannot say perfectly what kind of growls there are as I am not a dragon myself, it helps each other know whether someone is mad or frustrated or even confused. As well as usually a growl coming from Notboss is never intended towards one person except himself, so please do not insult the King of Draconics again. As for lack of information, you would obviously know that Draconics is new to META and has literally kept to ourselves since creation. We are self sufficient and do no trade with anyone on Eras, as such there is no need for a foreign affairs ministry you so wish for us to have", Crescent glares daggers at Koizumi, "Someone like you who assumes they are well informed would have known all this already and not have resorted to throwing insults as first choice", he sits back down calm and collected and Notboss sighs relief and thanks Crescent quietly. Notboss was never good with words or conversational matters or to react to people well, which is why he cares about Crescent dearly because he helps him with that weakness.

Last edited:
“Friends and colleagues,” Dardanus said, his voice only slightly betraying his impatience, “we should not forget that we represent many different nations and peoples, that we have all come here in the spirit of solidarity and that we should do our best to recognise and respect that we all have cultural and social differences which sometimes can be misinterpreted. Having patience with those around us, whilst we still learn to understand each other better, is going to be important if META is to succeed.”

Dardanus paused and cleared his throat, deciding it was best to try and get back on subject.

“Sinjorin Kayode, I think you mistook our position regarding McMasterdonia – we make no assumptions, what we seek to achieve and agree here today, is a common META negotiating position. It would be absolute folly to open negotiations with McMasterdonia without a clear understanding of what is acceptable or not to the existing membership of META. If we are to prosper as an organisation, we must be able to act from a position of unity.

What I have done, I believe, is make clear our position, which is that the most we could support would be accession with a temporary stay on the treaty terms regarding the province of Sutherland, as also supported by Mr Barre. I should also like to say, we wholeheartedly understand and respect the view of the Lancerian Empire, and it is not our intent to be fair-weather friends, we see there is a clear difference between matters that arise within a member nation in the future and matters such as this, in a nation currently outside META. And we would support McMasterdonia fully, if we did not perceive there to be significant risks to the future of META in doing so.

Furthermore, Governor Koizumi, I appreciate that there are businesses in all of our countries which would benefit from McMasterdonia joining META as a full member. Indeed, the Xi Char stock exchange is home to some of the largest industrial conglomerates in the world, who would love to have McMasterdonia inside META as soon as possible, but I am not here to just represent them but to represent the interests of all of Haor Chall. And, of course, the economic benefits go beyond those large companies and would benefit all of our citizens. Of course. But META is more than an economic arrangement. It has a mutual defence clause and this is important, because the risks of the Sutherland crisis are significant.

I appreciate that our nations all have their own intelligence services and they will all have, doubtlessly, different interpretations of the situation but our view is that the risks of open conflict remain significant. Considering the other nations beyond Meterra that have an interest here, there is the potential for this to be a serious conflagration not simply some internal civil war. If Goyanes was to side with Sutherland against McMasterdonia in an open war, and McMasterdonia were a full member of META without caveat, then ALL of us would be required to come to their defence – against Sutherland and its foreign allies. Regardless of your nations views of Sutherlandian independence.

Now, your intelligence assessments may feel that this is unlikely. Indeed, we believe it is unlikely. But there is a risk, and a significant risk this could happen. We all here should well know the law of unintended consequences and that even if the parties to this crisis do not seek armed conflict, it can still explode unexpectedly when actions are misunderstood or mistakes are made. I should add, we would have no issue ourselves with supporting McMasterdonia militarily against the terrorists in Sutherland.

But our concern is this; there are other nations around this table with starkly different views on Sutherland. And whilst that isn’t a serious problem today, in the scenario I have described these differences could well destroy META. It would take less than you think for our young organisation to split and fracture when faced with such a grave situation. Some form of caveat, to prevent this from occurring, is the least that we could support.

As this is our primary fear. Yes, we think it is unlikely to occur, but it is plausible and the impact it would have should give us all pause. I said earlier about the cultural differences we all have, and I am self-aware enough to recognise that Charrians have a deeply ingrained dread of chaos and disorder. It is one of the reasons I suppose for our different conception of government from many others. And, perhaps, it is this which drives us to view such risks with much greater concern that some other nations, but you can judge that for yourselves.

Fundamentally, we believe that META is important – important for all on Meterra – and we seek to protect it from what we perceive as a serious and real risk to it’s future. We take the long term view on this, that short term profit is not a good argument for taking risks which could end this organisation.”

Dardanus sat back down and gestured to Kayode as he leant back in his chair. “To save us going round in circles, if I cannot convince you of our position, perhaps we should vote on some of the options before us and reach a consensus on our negotiating position that way…?”

Notbiss nods "I agree with Dardanus' motion of a vote, so we dont have any issues further between us". Notboss sits back down and scans the room of the people representing the nations.

Last edited:
"I do believe we should wrap this up, seeing that most have already come to a consensus," said Kayode. "Dardanus, I don't disagree that we need to act from a stance of unity; though, even so, we should still evaluate all our options in terms of McMasterdonia's membership should we democratically adopt one. I will say this before we begin the vote:

"I understand everyone's eagerness to bring McMasterdonia into META; I too share this eagerness. But I also understand concerns as to what McMasterdonia's entry will do and imply. Should we agree to try and get McMasterdonia in immediately, I suggest we first plan how we respond to the Sutherlan Conflict. Anything less and we could, as Dardanus said, run into a legal conflict of our own and risk the future of this organization. As a reminder, this vote will not mean directly the immediate induction of McMasterdonia, but our adoption of a stance to go forward with.

"Now, those who agree with the stance of inducting McMasterdonia into META as soon as possible, say aye. All opposed, say nay."

“I will not repeat myself—I believe I’ve made Guslantis’ stance on this issue very clear. I will declare an ultimatum. Shall this motion fail before this summit, Guslantis will have no choice but to reassess its relationship with META. It is with this being said, that I submit a vote of confidence for this resolution, we cannot and should not delay,” said Koizumi, before taking a seat.

"I don't intend to be difficult," Dardanus began with a lopsided smile, "...but I cannot really vote clearly on that proposition. Haor Chall supports admitting McMasterdonia as swiftly as possible - if, and only if, that includes a stay or caveat on the treaty terms with regards to the province of Sutherland. Whatever mechanism or words are used to do so, we believe something has to be done to address this. Otherwise we cannot support their immediate membership. I don't know whether you wish to consider that an aye or a nay, I suppose it is something of a conditional aye. I do apologise that I cannot provide a simpler answer to the question as framed, but I hope I have made our position clear."

"Naizerre has been clear on this subject before - McMasterdonia should be afforded membership as soon as possible." Mbo Mgi said.

Boris Poklonskaja had remained quiet throughout nearly the entirety of the summit. Both sides had made impressive points about McMasterdonian accession into META. He knew entirely what the President's stance on it was - he'd known the man for far longer than their political careers, after all - and he knew that the expansion of META and its markets was in the best interest of the Republic. It was an easy decision strictly from an economic point of view. McMasterdonia has been a powerhouse on Meterra alone (not to mention the rest of the world), and having it be a member of META would be greatly beneficial to the Association. However, there were implications to how, exactly, the membership would apply in the concerned Sutherlandian regions. Would they subject to the same benefits? Would they be barred? Barring them would mean that the nations of META recognize - at least in their META capacities - that Sutherland is, indeed, an independent region. Supporters could use that to bolster their secessionist movement. It could worsen relations with McMasterdonia. Alternatively, it could have negative far-reaching affects on other as-of-yet unknown movements elsewhere on Eras. It was a jumble - a right and proper clusterfuck, as Andrej would put it.

Hence the summit in the first place.

"First, let's not be uncivil," Boris spoke up, his accent prominent as he rubbed the bridge of his nose at the exchange between the representatives of Draconics and Guslantis, "Nothing more needs to be said on that matter.

"Secondly, a reform of the admittance process for META is completely unnecessary. The regulation is left purposefully vague for reasons just as this. Too stringent and we limit ourselves to be able to properly assess the benefits of admission for nations that request it. Now, both camps have made excellent points regarding the benefits and detriments of McMasterdonian accession. We are all trapped between our personal feelings on the matter, what are nations expect us to do for what's best for META and thus our homes, and how the international community will view our decision.

"Personally, I'm of the view that McMasterdonian membership would propel META forward by leaps and bounds. There's no doubting their international economic involvement and influence with as-of-yet-untapped resource and trade centers for META. However, we cannot be naïve and assume that even despite a statement to quell the thoughts of a political viewpoint on the current Sutherland secessionist movement, it would sate the nations that would no doubt have words to say. On that matter alone, I think we can dismiss it outright, purely based off the fact that - let's be honest, here - the nations that will say something already have two separate statements prepared, ready for whichever decision we make. Those that lie outside of META are and should be of no concern to what our decision will be. Thus, we should base our decision solely on what is good for META and, consequently, our home countries.

"Which brings me to how, exactly, McMasterdonia would integrate into META. This obviously operates off the assumption of their accession, but I think it's appropriate to put the carriage before the horse in this context. The question, considering their political situation, is tricky. However, I don't believe it to be an eliminating factor for their membership. Merely a roadblock to route around. Thus, I propose that McMasterdonia be admitted into META, under the special provisions provided for in Third Party Membership."

It was long-winded, to be sure, but Boris was confident that he had made his point despite being silent for nearly the entire summit. The last thing that META needed was a withdrawal of Guslantis' support for the Association, or even full-blown recension of its membership. The Third Party Membership Compromise - a catch-phrase he'd just came up with - would suit the Guslantis delegation just fine... or so he hoped.

“Thank you for your input, Sinjor’ Poklonskaja,” Kayode said.

“I believe it’s safe to say that a majority has agreed in motionary favor of McMasterdonia entering the Association. Five to one, with one abstain. It is my hope that we enter the negotiation phase with high hopes in mind and a sense of professionalism.”

She rubbed the bridge of her nose, looking around the room at the men and women in suits, and the two dragons that stood peculiarly amongst them. “We can’t permit ourselves to treat such a fragile political climate with a frustration’s temperament. With a south Meterran conflict came a tense discourse that challenged credibilities and patronized sensibilities. I expect further discussion on the other issues to be more civil, but it is a sign that we need to better conduct ourselves. Otherwise, we’re no better than the zealots of either side of the conflict we aim to resolve.”

She ahemed, glancing at the print outline of the meeting. “We can schedule a time and a location with the McMasterdonian government later, but we still have a lot to discuss in regards to the future of the Association. Some have brought up the need for a human rights charter, especially with the application of the Somaad as a Full Member. The legality of forced labor within their borders is certainly a demonstrator of how urgent this matter is.

“I hold that developing a human rights charter will not only improve the ethicality but the stability of the Association. Permitting members and third-party members to treat their citizenry like rats will not fly with the rest of the world. A reputation of careless would brew, which would endanger any foreign trade opportunities that would otherwise be in our reach.

“As an international organization, we need a standard by which to hold Members accountable. For otherwise to be the case is a risk.

”That doesn't change Demescia's support for the Somaad's admission however. Seeing the benefits, they'll likely conform to the Charter in order to stay in the Association. Which is precisely why the Charter will work. Countries with histories of human rights abuses will feel pressure to conform, improving the lives of millions of people in the process.”

Last edited:
Back