-
-
-
-
TNP Nation
sil_dorsett
Discord
sildorsett
The Security Council has nominated El Fiji Grande for a seat on the Security Council. The vote for his admission was a unanimous decision, with 9 ayes, 0 nays, and 0 abstentions.

The Chair now presents this to the Regional Assembly for discussion.

Fiji is a great candidate for the job and glad this was decided on unanimously. My only question is that if you are chosen with Border Control in the near future, how will you issue punishments? Also, what's your advice to other nations wishing to achieve your endorsements one day?

Fiji is a great candidate for the job and glad this was decided on unanimously. My only question is that if you are chosen with Border Control in the near future, how will you issue punishments? Also, what's your advice to other nations wishing to achieve your endorsements one day?
My understanding is that only the top three security councilors - and Nessie - have border control powers. While I do hope to work my way up the ranks of the SC, I don't expect to achieve that for some time. If I do become a member with border control authority, I intend to follow precedent when allotting penalties.

When it comes to building endorsements, my strategy is to endorse everyone in the region and use the Endo-tool to maintain that consistently. Doing a little bit every day goes a long way.

This has my full support. Fiji would make a great addition to the SC team.

Why do you want to be on the Security Council @El Fiji Grande?

Do you think the body as it currently stands is living up to community expectations?
I want to be on the Security Council because I want to help secure TNP far into the future. What makes this region so special is that we provide numerous opportunities to newcomers, and truly consider their ideas and appreciate their involvement. That, all while maintaining a strong, stable community, free from threats to our democracy. I view the SC as being essential to maintaining those community goals, and believe I would be a good fit for the Council due to my reliability, integrity, and service to the region I love.

First and foremost, the region is secure, both from external raiders and from hostile outsiders penetrating our community. Furthermore, I strongly believe in the vigilance and principled nature of SCers, and believe they would act to preserve our democracy should a coup become a threat. In that sense, the SC is fulfilling their community obligations. With such a difficult, ongoing task, it is difficult to ask more of SCers. That said, over recent months, community expectations have been shifting. These new expectations are more demanding of a higher standard for community involvement and activity. I believe that the perfect SCer is one that fulfills the primary task of the SC of preserving our community and democracy, but is also one of the core members of our community, and an inspiration to others.

But we haven't impeached him as speaker yet :(

Also, seems quite fast. And with a prospective future that could possibly include attempts at office, I'd kinda like to see that before the admittance to the SC. Just my 2 cents.
Being in the SC does not preclude someone from running for office. Isn’t that precisely the kind of idea of SC members that were trying to overcome? That it’s our retirement home for has-been politicians who are done striving and engaging in the community’s body politic?

Fiji long ago demonstrated conviction, loyalty, a strong work ethic, and a propensity for collecting endorsents and holding on to them. He would be active and engaged and posts on the RMB. He has the ability to give our community information and communicate it effectively. He seems to be the ideal “new” type of SC member that so many people say they want.

I have questions.

1. What other regions are you currently involved in? What positions do you hold in other regions? Do you foresee a change in your answer in the near future?

2. Is there sufficient transparency between the region and the Security Council? If not, how can this be improved?

3. By what criteria should the Vice Delegate determine if an applicant for citizenship should fail their check? In your answer, please include on how foreign individuals and/or organizations (eg. Gameplay, other GCRs, allies) should impact the decision-making process.

4. At what minimum frequency should it be expected for a member of the Security Council to tart?

5. Are the laws around the Security Council adequate? If not, how can they be improved?

1. What other regions are you currently involved in? What positions do you hold in other regions? Do you foresee a change in your answer in the near future?
None. I am only involved in The North Pacific, and I expect it to remain that way.

2. Is there sufficient transparency between the region and the Security Council? If not, how can this be improved?
I would say so. I think there are certain conversations about the security of the region that are best to remain behind closed doors, and the SC is designed with these candid conversations in mind. I think, especially as citizens become more involved in our regional government, that the role of the SC becomes more clear. Additionally, the Vice Delegate already produces weekly reports on the state of SCer endorsement counts, as well as what count of endorsements is enough to get nations monitored. While these reports do not include details from SC discussions, I don't think they should.

3. By what criteria should the Vice Delegate determine if an applicant for citizenship should fail their check? In your answer, please include on how foreign individuals and/or organizations (eg. Gameplay, other GCRs, allies) should impact the decision-making process.
The Vice Delegate should discuss the application of any individual deemed a potential security threat. The VD and SC should only consider the individual's history (including former coups). In my opinion, the VD should reject any applicant that could pose a threat to our democracy in this way. I would leave it to the Regional Assembly to decide whether other factors should be considered in either upholding or overriding the VD's decision.

4. At what minimum frequency should it be expected for a member of the Security Council to tart?
I'd say about once per week. That's a lot of time to catch up if you fall behind, and it provides some leeway for people with a lot going on. That said, the expected frequency should be every day, and barring that, every two days. As you may be able to see from my history of endotarting, I have consistently met this standard.

5. Are the laws around the Security Council adequate? If not, how can they be improved?
I see no reason to change them at this time.

As a motion for a vote has been properly made and seconded, a vote is scheduled to begin in 12 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back