Apology to Altino and Cormac

Iraelia

TNPer
Fellow TNP Citizens and Residents,

Less than 24 hours ago, a quiz was posted on the TNP Discord server about "Which Cormac quote are you?" It was not made by me, but I will admit to having took part in it. Not too long after it was posted, Altino attempted to lodge an official complaint about the quiz, citing it as an incident of bullying. My response was to ruthlessly insult both Cormac and, later, Altino. I said that Cormac deserved to be bullied for past actions he'd taken in TNP RP, which I will not mention here both to protect the confidentiality of those involved and to avoid falsely attacking Cormac's character. When Altino responded to these accusations and stated they were baseless, my response was to direct my verbal assault on her. So I'd like to take some time to issue three separate apologies.

To Altino. My response to your comment was completely out of proportion and immature. You had every right to complain about the quiz being an attack on Cormac without being rabidly attacked by myself and others. Calling you rude words, saying you lacked empathy, and claiming that you hated disadvantaged groups of people was not only false but completely uncalled for. I know you likely will never forgive me, and I recognize that forgiveness is something I'm not exactly worthy of, but I'd like to at least try and make amends for what I said.

To Cormac. While I may have several reservations about what you've done in the past, my insulting of you was not at all acceptable. As someone who rarely engages in game play and mostly RPs, I had no right to accuse you of anything without understanding the full picture. I'm sure we won't reconcile, and I'm okay with this, but I'd like you and everyone who saw that conversation last night to know that what I said was a perversion of the truth about yourself.

To The North Pacific, particularly the sitting government. My actions were absolutely unacceptable. TNP has been battling the perception that it is elitist and exclusive for far too long, and the actions of myself and others only ruined all the progress made on that front. Insulting not only an influential player, but also a foreign diplomat was not behavior befitting any member of this region, let alone a citizen. The events that transpired last night have convinced me that I should recuse myself from game play for the foreseeable future. Seeing as such is the case, I have asked to have my citizenship revoked. I am sorry for all the damage I have caused to our region and I hope the region can move on past this last night's incident with minimal damage to our reputation (however unlikely that may be).

(Not to ruin the mood but. Where was all this? I missed the whole thing. But it's good to apologize to people you have wronged.)

good decision. I said: He really does not deserve all the flaming and hate he received. It's unfair to him and inappropriate, and there's no 'acceptable' way to deal with it, just suppress it. Unless he's really banned for something (he's not even banned here.) Otherwise it's conduct worse than any conduct Cormac has ever done. I was reading a little recently and I think that.

good decision. I said: He really does not deserve all the flaming and hate he received. It's unfair to him and inappropriate, and there's no 'acceptable' way to deal with it, just suppress it. Unless he's really banned for something (he's not even banned here.) Otherwise it's conduct worse than any conduct Cormac has ever done. I was reading a little recently and I think that.
Thank you for your contribution.

Last edited:
Back