Cartography Discussion and Off-Topic Megathread

What about the Kingdom of Malta Comino Gozo

As Highton said, it would violate the naming standards. We in general do not allow people to just rip nation names from RL and that is literally just the name of the three main islands that make up the RL Republic of Malta. Eras isn't earth and we want people to think outside of the box when it comes to creating countries.

Hello everyone! Quick question. Are their official names for the landmasses on the map cause it would be great to know where my nation-state is!
Thanks! :lol:

Hi,
If you are on discord, search "continent" from:legoboyvdlp in the RP discord, as someone posted a map the other day when I posted that exact question

Kian is the south one, and don't quote me but I think meterra is the middle left one, and gothica (?) the top right one?

Hi,
If you are on discord, search "continent" from:legoboyvdlp in the RP discord, as someone posted a map the other day when I posted that exact question

Kian is the south one, and don't quote me but I think meterra is the middle left one, and gothica (?) the top right one?
Top left is Gothis, top right is Craviter, below Craviter is Iteria, to the left is Meterra, southeast is Kian, and southwest is Icenia

I have a question. In the Catro request thread, do I have to show a picture of my request or state the area I want?
Yes. From the claim rules:
Rule 1: Claims- Draw out your claim/provide a cropped image of the area you want, uploaded on imgur or a similar site like Jumpshare). No photobucket or imageshack. Please make sure to post your claims in spoilers, or as links.

*Rule 1a: If your Claim Image cannot be directly transferred to the map (same scale) you forfeit the ability to get the claim exactly as you like, and agree to cartography using artistic license in adding your claim.

Notice of a Change to the Eras Map
In the Coming few weeks Cartography and the RP Conclave have come to the decision to flesh out the Map of the Planet of Eras and to finally turn it into a full planet. The current map will remain in the expanded map and forms the base but there are some positional changes to bring them closer so they feel like a natural group of mini-continents.

Furthermore the expanded areas of the map will not be subject for claiming until a significant amount of the current claimable areas are already taken (still under discussion)

This time I'll be leaving Eras for real.
My Schedule has just got even more intense and with bundles of homework lasting up to 4 hrs everyday, I barely get time to relax. Ive focused more on balancing Physical Fitness and studies and less of Electronics. I'm skinny btw. So, to keep it simple I'm leaving and no longer I want to be associated with Eras.however
I won't be leaving TNP.
:grouphug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, how are you ?
Please, I would like to ask if it is possible to organize a TNP map with the same coordinates in my own map.
What is the map link?

Thank you

Hi, how are you ?
Please, I would like to ask if it is possible to organize a TNP map with the same coordinates in my own map.

Thank you

eOy76ai.png

cqoti0x.jpg

Note: Rule 2, The area you are claiming is conservatively 10-20 thousand pixels over the maximum allocation for nations. Rule 1A, you can't give us the most distorted and messed up image and then provide a second image with the hopes that it will look like the second detailed image.

Cartography and Moderation is also a little uncomfortable with the idea of transferring a non-Eras nation onto Eras with the intent of it being for all intent and purpose the exact same nation. The whole Cart before the Horse approach of it all. We think it will generally lead to problems down the road trying to keep a nation exactly like its original iteration instead of adapting it to the new environment it finds itself in. (Just some food for thought.)

P.S. "~LL" at the end of a post is Cartography Staff editing posts to be able to quickly index which ones have been dealt with so adding that makes it likely that you will get skipped.

~LL

Ok
Thank you

This is my claim for my nation.

M0IRl94.png

Note: Cartography is iffy on the name. We are willing to work with you to come up with a new one.

~LL
With the name someone had to do the image and the name because I wasn't aloud to copy or screen shot it go do col or name I will change it as soon as possible

With the name someone had to do the image and the name because I wasn't aloud to copy or screen shot it go do col or name I will change it as soon as possible

why don't i get the pieces next to mcm and sierra? those two pieces got inspiration from pieces of land like: hawaii, alaska, falkland islands, sintmarten and so on that are not on the rest of the country

and if I don't get them can it than be npc's

Last edited:
why don't i get the pieces next to mcm and sierra? those two pieces got inspiration from pieces of land like: hawaii, alaska, falkland islands, sintmarten and so on that are not on the rest of the country

and if I don't get them can it than be npc's
First, my advice to you would be not to have your map claim be inspired by anything in real life. Secondly, there is a bit of game balance to consider. We don't want people to be using overseas territories to claim the right to membership in multiple continent-based alliances. Third, in my opinion, those right angle claim lines need to change. Couldn't there be a river or mountain range to use as a natural border? Fourth, why do you even need the overseas territories? Are they really that essential?

First, my advice to you would be not to have your map claim be inspired by anything in real life. Secondly, there is a bit of game balance to consider. We don't want people to be using overseas territories to claim the right to membership in multiple continent-based alliances. Third, in my opinion, those right angle claim lines need to change. Couldn't there be a river or mountain range to use as a natural border? Fourth, why do you even need the overseas territories? Are they really that essential?

the overseas territories ar not rilly essesery but I thought it could be a nice relic of a colonal empire (that might be about to become a separate country ). a also get that from We don't want people to be using overseas territories to claim the right to membership in multiple continent-based alliances. the border can be a mountain and or river. I would have thought more that the border that was straight ran through a desert, (but if you find it better that the border is a mountain or rivers, that is also good )

the overseas territories ar not rilly essesery but I thought it could be a nice relic of a colonal empire (that might be about to become a separate country ). a also get that from We don't want people to be using overseas territories to claim the right to membership in multiple continent-based alliances. the border can be a mountain and or river. I would have thought more that the border that was straight ran through a desert, (but if you find it better that the border is a mountain or rivers, that is also good )

Colonies are not something you focus on when getting started. For now your main priority should be getting settled on the map. Once you've got a claim sorted you can start worldbuilding your history.

Other players can claim to have been your colony with prior consent and mod approval but it has to make sense and have been properly worked out prior to acceptance.

okay then i don't have colonies if you don't like that

also saw that my name was not a good name and I shortened it to shinjuku, is this a good name according to rule 1c

okay then i don't have colonies if you don't like that

also saw that my name was not a good name and I shortened it to shinjuku, is this a good name according to rule 1c
Generally, we have denied claims for having direct real-life connections. Eras is a fictional setting this is not earth, and as such we try to discourage the practice is mirroring Earth on Eras.

Back