To My People and to the Nations of the World

plembobria

TNPer
-
7iNGYmr.png

From The King of Plembobria
To the People of Plembobria, and the Nations of the World,

For eight years I have had the honor and privilege to serve this nation, the Kingdom of Plemboria, our home, as its King. I have presided over the most momentous changes in our institutions Plembobria has seen in the modern age. I oversaw the final transition of our nation from Monarchy to Democracy. I witnessed brutal terrorists attempt to murder me and destroy our palace. Because of this the Crown weighs heavily upon me.

As I have led this nation out of an era into another, I feel the time has come for someone else to lead our Kingdom into what further greatness the future has in store for us. I am not the man to carry forth this task.

Now that the election has concluded, I have invited the Right Honorable Alec Durand to form a new government as Prime Minister. With new leadership in the house of the Government, I feel now is the opportune moment to place the Crown in new hands as well.

Tonight I shall great the people at the doors of the Rethel Palace with Mr. Durand as I have done many times before. However this time I shall give official notice of my abdication to him in writing as well as to each of the acting High Officers. At such moment I shall cease to be your King. My dearest sister shall, upon the declaration of the Privy Council, become Queen of Plembobria and assume all of the powers and responsibilities of the Crown.

Queen Maria shall be the first to lead a Democratic Plembobria forward. Her reign shall not be scarred by transition and instability, but rather by prosperity, strength, and power for our nation. I pray that the Goddess guide her in this new role.

Memento Mori

TIMOTHY III

Last edited:
0mUQFdL.png

A Statement from the Royal Palace

"It is with great sorrow that Prince Richard and I heard of King Timothy's intention to abdicate the throne of the Kingdom of Plembobria.

The Kingdom of Plembobria is the closest friend and ally of The Kingdom of McMasterdonia.

The steadfast support of the King has been most appreciated by the Royal Family and all McMasterdonians. We recognise that The Kingdom of McMasterdonia's position has been strengthened by the tireless advocacy of King Timothy and the unrelenting resolve of the Plembobrian people.

It is our deepest regret that the actions of an illegitimate member of the extended family of King Timothy has contributed to the decision reached today. The history and culture of our two Kingdoms, and that of our respective Royal House's, are closely interwoven, and this bond cannot be shaken by the actions of madmen.

The Prince and I wish the King Timothy well as he prepares to move on from public life and we offer our support to Princess Maria as she prepares to assume the throne of Plembobria."

Amira

wcJKXMi.png

LET IT BE KNOWN

That today, the King, TIMOTHY THE THIRD OF THE HOUSE OF FLITHEN-MCMASTER has renounced his reign as King of Plembobria, Governor of the City of Rethel, and Protector of Clethelbend and Crilalia.

According to the Act of Succession of 1802, the Privy Council has convened today here in the City of Rethel as the Ascension Council to issue this, our Declaration of Asecension.

WE DECLARE that MARIA THE SECOND OF THE HOUSE OF FLITHEN-MCMASTER, as heir to her brother the King, has suceeded her brother and shall be QUEEN OF PLEMBOBRIA, GOVERNOR OF THE CITY OF RETHEL AND PROTECTOR OF CLETHELBEND AND CRILALIA until her death or abdication as established by law.

And, as Queen has all of the powers and privileges of the office under the Constitution and laws of the Kingdom of Plembobria

DONE, today, the twenty-first of march, Two Thousand and Nineteen.

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN

STATEMENT FROM THE SECRETARY OF STATE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Statement on the Abdication of Timothy III of Plembobria

It deeply saddens HM Government to hear of the abdication of His Royal Majesty, Timothy III, King of Plembobria.
King Timothy, during his reign, was a fighter for the Plembobrian people- a status which he most certainly deserves and shall retain- having presided over the institution of free and democratic governance in the nation, along with an arduous struggle to maintain the unity of the Plembobrian state.

The King has, during his reign, also had to endure great pain to both himself and the nation. An assassination attempt was made on His Majesty's life by terrorist elements, and, during his reign, Plembobria was dragged into the civil war in McMasterdonia by way of the actions of certain vile individuals.
The Empire remains committed to open and amicable relations with the Government of the Kingdom of Plembobria and we look forward to these relations continuing fruitfully.

We thank King Timothy for all that he has done during his distinguished reign as King of Plembobria, and send our fondest well wishes to Her Royal Majesty, Queen Maria, now Queen of Plembobria; for a long and prosperous reign.

Rahul Khanna
Secretary of State of the Syrixian Empire

Official Statement From the Sovereignty of Emmasia:
Official Statement About the Abdication of King Timothy lll of Plembobria
While it is saddening to see King Timothy go, we wish the Plembobrian nation the best of luck when it comes to the coronation of Queen Maria.

King Timothy saw a lot of events during his reign as monarch, both momentous and tragic. From its transition into a democratic state, to assassination attempts on his own life.

He tried to lead the Plembobrians through one of their toughest eras, and into another, and did it wonderfully.

We trust in Queen Maria's ability to continue the legacy of King Timothy, and hope that she will have a long a prosperous reign of Queen of Plembobria

Rsu6i4y.png

Press Release
From Rethel Palace
Her Majesty the Queen is most pleased and blessed to receive such kind words from the members of the international community, and desires to make her gratitude known. She regrets that she is unable to directly thank everyone, but she is currently indisposed at this moment as she allows herself to adjust to her position both mentally and emotionally.

We ask that the members of the press allow the Queen her privacy during this momentously significant and difficult period in her life.

Plans are underway for Her Majesty's coronation, however, no date will be announced this time. As is well known, it is not common for Plembobrian Monarchs to be coronated immediately after their ascension, as many important ceremonial and legal processes must be completed before it can take place. Despite this, the Queen exercises her full constitutional powers as of now.

Nevertheless, we are pleased to announce that Queen Maria is on her way to meet her family members Queen-Regent Amira and Kind Richard of McMasterdonia in Isabella in order to congratulate them on their victory in that country's brutal civil war we well as the ascension of King Richard to the throne. This shall be her first official appearance as Queen of Plembobria.

Diana Garcia
Personal Secretary to Her Majesty the Queen

Last edited:
official statement:
63bxSlz.png

I wish to congratulate King Timothy III of Plembobria on his role as a beacon of stability and good governance for his people in the most trying of times. He upheld the values of his people and nation and in doing so left a legacy on Meterra that will not easily be filled. King Timothy was an example for us all to look to. Though the world may be lesser without his leadership for the Plembobrian people? I wish nothing but the best for Queen Maria II and her citizenry. We believed in King Timothy's example, and we believe in Queen Maria's ability to continue building on that legacy.

With the most sincere regards,

4zyOTUi.png

Tobias III Loðbrók, King of Prydania

Grand Chancellor sends his well wishes.

One sentence responses are frowned upon. The Forum RP setting is about shared storytelling and as such we hold it to a higher standard. If you’d like to participate please make a map claim and reach out to the RP Moderation staff either here or on our Discord server.

~Esplandia, a Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Back