Roman Has Returned! All Hail Roman!

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
Roman Returns To The North Pacific! A Free Pony For Everyone! (Reuters - 2/23/19)

Romanoffia, aka Novare Res, has returned to The North Pacific and declares he will become Delegate by engaging in a programme of Pony Redistribution. "I have noticed that some people have ponies and other people do not. Some people have more ponies than others and this is also not fair! Therefore, I will give free ponies to everyone so that everyone has all the free ponies they want!"

Pony stocks on the NYSE have soared with the announcement. China's Minister or Pony Manufacturing says, "This will make children around the world happy because we have found a way to feed Apple technology to ponies and make them Bluetooth compatible. We will now have Internet connected ponies. Take that, Bill Gates!."

17xpei.jpg

Meanwhile, in Moscow and Washington, world leaders are furious that Romanoffia is breaking the Russia-USA Pony Cartel's hold on the international Pony Market and worry that this move will cost them their shirts.

18b95t.jpg

UN Officials are now puzzled and worried at why Putin and Trump have the same wrinkles in their left arms.

How dare he insult us by offering such a lowly reward as a pony.

We the people of the North Pacific demand nothing less then purebred Icelandic Horses with eyes as blue as the ocean and a mane as well groomed as a european boy band.

We the people of the North Pacific demand nothing less then purebred Icelandic Horses with eyes as blue as the ocean and a mane as well groomed as a european boy band.

OK, two ponies! And a box of Cracker Jack!

I really wish you'd take this process seriously. This thread comes across as disingenuous, and I fear you're only digging your own grave. I highly recommend that you reconsider your recent statements, and return with a calm, reasoned response. Had you done so originally, I would have been more than happy to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I really wish you'd take this process seriously. This thread comes across as disingenuous, and I fear you're only digging your own grave. I highly recommend that you reconsider your recent statements, and return with a calm, reasoned response. Had you done so originally, I would have been more than happy to give you the benefit of the doubt.
For a Minister to say this, concerns me deeply.

This is TNP.

Nothing is to be taken seriously

This is TNP.

Rather concerning a citizen would say this.

We shouldn’t take things seriously here in TNP, so don’t take what Fiji said seriously. :)

Rather concerning a citizen would say this.

We shouldn’t take things seriously here in TNP, so don’t take what Fiji said seriously. :)
yes of course, how could i have been so blind

Why would I do that? Out of the blue, for no reason, some of you decide to ram-rod me for no legal reason. No, do what you want. I'm not going to be a punching bag for the mob.

This is TNP.

Syr makes a point that all of you can chill a bit. NS is a game. But in any event, a heartful welcome back to Romanoffia!

Syr makes a point that all of you can chill a bit. NS is a game. But in any event, a heartful welcome back to Romanoffia!

The actual problem is that there is no sense of humour in TNP and people take things too seriously.

We need to restore a sense of humour to TNP so we don't have to create a 'sarcasm' or 'irony' emoticon (if that could be done).

Poindexter's Law.

Poindexter's Law.

You want Icelandic ponies? I've got a neighbour (see what I did there?) who breeds them. Actually, his horses breed them. :P

Funny trivia about Icelandic Ponies - if you ship one directly from Iceland to anywhere outside of Iceland, it can never return to Iceland. In fact, it is actually illegal to own any horse in Iceland that isn't an Icelandic Pony because they want to keep the pure genetic background of the Icelandic breed.

Wow, that's a bizarre and cool fact!

Reading the wikipedia article about Icelandic horses however, it sounds like whoever edited that thinks that law is to protect the little things from horse diseases. Either way, I learned something new today :D

@Eluvatar - Yeah, I read that article too recently. The Icelandic horse breeders in Iceland are really afraid of any potential for genetic contamination of their breed. The disease issue is also a valid argument. Iceland is largely a 'closed system' and they try to keep it that way.

The Icelandic Language is really cool because it is closely related to English from the 10th Century. If you have ever studied early and Middle English, it is close enough that you can understand it in written form, at least.

Here's a fun trivia point. Are you familiar with the historical character on the History Channel series "Vikings" by the name "Ragnar Lothbruk"? The etymology of the the name is humorous:

The actual name is ð The term "Ragnarr Loðbrók" means "Dirty Breeches" meaning essentially that he defecated in his pants. "Loð" (pronounced Loth with a soft "th" as in "with" means loaded or full) and "brók" (pronounce with with the O diacritical as a cross between the German "ö" and the "oo" in "kook") means 'breeches'. Hence, "Ragnarr Loðbrók" means Ragnarr, Sh*tty Britches.

Now here's the really funny part. Ever hear the expression that a baby has 'loaded' his diapers? It is a corruption of "Loð" (loth, with ð representing in Old Norse and Old English as a sound that is a cross between D and Th as in "with". Hence, "Ragnarr Loðbrók" would have have meant in colloquial terms "Ragnar Sh*t breeches". :D

Now, here's the really funny part, Viking "title names" like "Olaf the Black" were usually good natured taunts in which the recipient of the such a "middle name" adopted a name someone used as a derisive term, but in good humour. The more denigrating the "middle name" or title, the better it was. So, if one got drunk and puked all over his friends and was given the title "pukey guts" as an insult, he was expected to embrace the insult as a title of honour and would proudly wear that insult as a backhanded insult to those who denigrated him. Very odd, but logical.

Hence:

Gjöf hestur fyrir alla! ("A free pony for everyone!" - transliterated from Old Norse and 9th Century English, word for word: "Gift horse for all!"). See the similarity between modern English and Old Norse?

Hestur meaning horse, is nearly identical to the contemporary English word Hross or Hrossung (possessive form, meaning a horse owned by a specific person, Cy hrossung Kernigum - The King's horse).

Too much information, eh? :P

Is there a vegetarian alternative to ponies? Also someone living on their own may not be able to get through a whole pony, and there might be considerable waste. Perhaps people living on their own could have a medium-sized dog instead?

Is there a vegetarian alternative to ponies? Also someone living on their own may not be able to get through a whole pony, and there might be considerable waste. Perhaps people living on their own could have a medium-sized dog instead?

That is a brilliant idea! A giant Pony Animal Cracker for Vegans and small, more manageable animals for those who have limited space and appetites. Perhaps some edible shrubbery for the Vegans, too.

Back