Results: January 2019 General Election Speaker Runoff

Results: January 2019 General Election Speaker Runoff

ec_seal.png

The Election Commission has counted the votes in this General Election Speaker Runoff and now publishes these results, attesting they are true and correct.

CGPFzAW.png

A detailed breakdown of votes and results can be found in this spreadsheet.

Election Commissioners: @Eluvatar, @Owenstacey

My apologies for the late posting of results. I was unavailable for RL reasons the past day and a half or so.

I give my whole-hearted congratulations to Artemis for their victory.

I cannot, however, ignore the irregularities behind this Speaker election. I cannot ignore what might have been had Dinoium not realized in either round that they didn't prefer the Speakership compared to their position in the Executive Staff. I cannot ignore that this fact may have cost Wonderess votes that would have placed him in the runoff. Who knows what would have been had this been an Artemis vs Wonderess runoff. For all I know, Wonderess may have won in a head to head versus Artemis.

Do I believe the right person won? I don't know. I'll never know. All I know is that I'll never have the confidence to know that the right person won. All I can hope for is that Artemis fulfills the duties of this office with distinction.

I wish Artemis the absolute best in their new duty as Speaker of the Regional Assembly.

Edit: Let me be clear... I voted for Artemis in both rounds. I have full confidence that Artemis will do a great job as speaker. I just don't like the course that this election and runoff took to get to this point.

Last edited:
I give my whole-hearted congratulations to Artemis for their victory.

I cannot, however, ignore the irregularities behind this Speaker election. I cannot ignore what might have been had Dinoium not realized in either round that they didn't prefer the Speakership compared to their position in the Executive Staff. I cannot ignore that this fact may have cost Wonderess votes that would have placed him in the runoff. Who knows what would have been had this been an Artemis vs Wonderess runoff. For all I know, Wonderess may have won in a head to head versus Artemis.

Do I believe the right person won? I don't know. I'll never know. All I know is that I'll never have the confidence to know that the right person won. All I can hope for is that Artemis fulfills the duties of this office with distinction.

I wish Artemis the absolute best in their new duty as Speaker of the Regional Assembly.
I am sure it is going to be ok. An excellent choice has been chosen, and I have no problems with that choice.

Being a member of the Speaker's Staff, you have my full vote of confidence that Artemis is capable of the job. But that does not change the fact the character of this election is tainted. I hope that the next election cycle does not bring us controversy... Unlike these last two.

Back