ABC for Delegate

abc

Duck
TNP Nation
ABC
Discord
abc#8265
Fellow citizens,

I am happy to announce that I will be running for Delegate in this election. I have been in The North Pacific for two years now, being a member of all ministries as well as the NPA and notably serving as Speaker of the Regional Assembly and Minister of Home Affairs.

I am pleased to have seen progress take place under both terms of Siwale's delegacy, but have unfortunately also witnessed areas of decline in some key Ministries. If elected, I promise to do what it takes to revitalize the Ministries in decline, while introducing new policies which I believe will help The North Pacific progress in the future.

Home Affairs
What's wrong: While the Ministry continues to run smoothly and has no problem with regular recruitment, the forum mentors program has essentially collapsed.

My plan: Bring back forum mentors to help bring back the personal aspect of recruitment.

Foreign Affairs
What's wrong: A number of Ambassadors are failing to properly do their jobs in their embassies, smaller regions receive little attention, and we have taken a neutral stance on numerous world issues for far too long.

My plan: Ensure that Ambassadors are doing their jobs and if they aren't, remove them, have bilateral events with smaller regions to help improve relations, and introduce a consulate system in which potential embassies must prove their ability to be active before embassies are built. Additionally, under my leadership, I would take steps to ensure that our region has a clear stance on issues plaguing the world. I appreciate the actions of Siwale regarding The Pacific and believe this is the way forward in dealing with other issues.

Defense
What's wrong: Not much honestly, however it would be helpful if there was some sort of official 'bootcamp' for new recruits.

My plan: Create a bootcamp for new recruits where they will learn the fundamentals of NS Military tactics to help save valuable time on missions spent explaining things.

Communications, World Assembly Affairs, and Culture

These Ministries are running virtually flawlessly. They have performed above and beyond expectations and things should continue as is.

Experience: Speaker, Deputy Speaker (x2), Deputy Minister of Home Affairs (x4), Gameside Advocate (x3), Minister of Home Affairs, Deputy Minister of Culture, Ambassador to The East Pacific, Ambassador to The Order of the Grey Wardens, Ambassador to 10000 Islands, Ambassador to Spiritus, NPA Private First Class, Speaker Staff, RMB Guardian, Speaker, Forum Mentor (x4), Graphics Officer, WALL Member, Communications Staff, and Recruitment Officer.

I know my campaign is short, but I believe this is what can realistically be accomplished in one term. I am happy to take any questions you have and thank you for taking time to read my campaign.

Sincerely,
ABC
Candidate for Delegate

Ensure that Ambassadors are doing their jobs and if they aren't, remove them,

So you would like to reduce the size of a ministry if people are struggling to do their jobs even though the Foreign Affairs ministry especially is struggling with staff and need as many people they can get, surely the issue is with training and helping the ambassadors do their job, not sacking them for not understanding.

Some time into your term as Speaker you essentially vanished, leaving Wonderess to basically de facto (and later de jure) take over the office. You vanished suddenly and without a trace. Why did you do this instead of giving Wonderess and the citizenry at large prior notice?

As well, you've been in a lot of controversy with certain users who I won't name; but I'm sure you know who they are. What are your thoughts on your conduct during these conflicts? What would you improve if you had a do-over? As well, if elected Delegate, what measures would you take to prevent wholesale arguments between yourself and members of the populace of the very region you've been elected to lead?

So you would like to reduce the size of a ministry if people are struggling to do their jobs even though the Foreign Affairs ministry especially is struggling with staff and need as many people they can get, surely the issue is with training and helping the ambassadors do their job, not sacking them for not understanding.
Perhaps you are right about that. I am entirely open to suggestions, so if my idea won't work, I'll try one that will.

Last edited:
Additionally, under my leadership, I would take steps to ensure that our region has a clear stance on issues plaguing the world.
What specific issues are these? NPO-related stuff, I presume?
have bilateral events with smaller regions
What is defined as a smaller region? Are any regions in particular being considered for outreach?
introduce a consulate system in which potential embassies must prove their ability to be active before embassies are built
Pardon any ignorance on my part, but does this sort of programme not already exist in the form of TNP's forum embassies?

Some time into your term as Speaker you essentially vanished, leaving Wonderess to basically de facto (and later de jure) take over the office. You vanished suddenly and without a trace. Why did you do this instead of giving Wonderess and the citizenry at large prior notice?

As well, you've been in a lot of controversy with certain users who I won't name; but I'm sure you know who they are. What are your thoughts on your conduct during these conflicts? What would you improve if you had a do-over? As well, if elected Delegate, what measures would you take to prevent wholesale arguments between yourself and members of the populace of the very region you've been elected to lead?
I was dealing with IRL stresses that I could not prevent. If I had it another way, I wouldn't have quit so soon, but I couldn't help that.

I understand that some conflicts I have gotten into have caused me to act irrationally. However, these are mistakes and things I'd like to work on. If I had it another way, I would have tried to listen more to what people were saying rather than arguing. That is my bad.

Yes, of course I would. I will however say that a few people with grudges are not the entire region. I admit that I have made mistakes and my conduct has not been superb. If I get into a conflict with someone again, I will make sure to resolve it diplomatically so it has no effect on the functioning of the region.

What specific issues are these? NPO-related stuff, I presume?

What is defined as a smaller region? Are any regions in particular being considered for outreach?

Pardon any ignorance on my part, but does this sort of programme not already exist in the form of TNP's forum embassies?
You are on point, I am referring specifically to the NPO, although in the past there have been other conflicts such as in Lazarus that I think we should have had more of a stance on.

I'd consider any region with less than 500 nations to be smaller; so essentially non-GCRs. Greater Dienstad was a good example of the type of region I'm talking about and I'd like for us to continue to pursue events and relationship building with regions like it.

No. If you'd like a good example of how consulates can be used, you could take a look at the system they have in place in The Rejected Realms.

You're the only candidate in the race I didn't really predict. Kudos.

I think it was deeply regrettable that you had to take a break from the region in the way that you did. I am glad to see that you've returned to the fold, but I don't think that this was the right time for a Delegacy run for you.

A few questions:

1. Would you be likely to add any new Ministry or merge, close, or rename/reform any existing Ministries?
2. What do you believe is the most important personal quality for a Delegate to have?
3. At times, there has been divisive rhetoric where The North Pacific has been cast into subcategories of communities, often with allegedly holding goals/interests etc that rival and compete with the other groups. This was quite clear in the debate surrounding the citizenship reform. How would you respond to this should it come up again in the next term? What ideas do you have to reinforce the one united community that we have that has existed for so many years?
4. Would you review, amend, repeal, or replace any existing treaty that we currently hold?
5. Which Ministry do you believe you'd find the most difficult to work on? How would you overcome this?

FoIA. Discord. Discuss.
Ever since I joined TNP, we have used Discord, so I'm not really used to a time without it. It certainly makes sense to use, as it is faster and more convenient. We all saw how when the forums were down, the Discord community kept going strong, and I think that shows you just how important it is.

Mad Jack brought up a good point about how Discord can make it harder to declassify things, although there are a number of solutions to this. One would simply be to develop a bot command to create logs automatically. I also agree with MJ on modifying the FoIA and possibly having a separate officer just for that.
You're the only candidate in the race I didn't really predict. Kudos.

I think it was deeply regrettable that you had to take a break from the region in the way that you did. I am glad to see that you've returned to the fold, but I don't think that this was the right time for a Delegacy run for you.

A few questions:

1. Would you be likely to add any new Ministry or merge, close, or rename/reform any existing Ministries?
2. What do you believe is the most important personal quality for a Delegate to have?
3. At times, there has been divisive rhetoric where The North Pacific has been cast into subcategories of communities, often with allegedly holding goals/interests etc that rival and compete with the other groups. This was quite clear in the debate surrounding the citizenship reform. How would you respond to this should it come up again in the next term? What ideas do you have to reinforce the one united community that we have that has existed for so many years?
4. Would you review, amend, repeal, or replace any existing treaty that we currently hold?
5. Which Ministry do you believe you'd find the most difficult to work on? How would you overcome this?
1. I was considering running on a platform of bringing back Gameside Affairs, but I would need to do some serious consulting before hand. I always felt like Communications could be more of an all-purpose Ministry for producing content, rather than just publishing TNL and TNS.

2. Honesty. If you can't be honest with the people about your intentions, progress, and goals, than you don't deserve to be in a position of power.

3. Just taking a glance at the RMB, I see many people who are also on the forums and active. I thought a lot about Siwale's amendment and I am still conflicted. On one hand, it makes it easier for RMBers to retain citizenship and stay a part of the community, but on the other, it seems to just further the RMB-Forum split narrative and perhaps even encourage people to stick to their respective areas. Before taking any steps, I think we need to do public polling of the citizens in both areas to see what they want and if they even think there is a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

4. I see no problems with any current treaties and would seek to keep things as is in that regard.

5. Hmmm this is a hard question, but probably Foreign Affairs. There is a lot of work that needs to be done there, especially in terms of activity and clarifying our stances on international issues, although I recognize that progress has been made under Siwale in this. Perhaps the hardest thing about FA for me though is that I can barely begin to grasp the massively complex network of relations the TNP has and what our foreign policy is. To overcome this, I think it would be important to appoint an experienced person as MoFA who could help me understand how our relations work and would be able to effectively implement my policies.

As with many previous Delegates, will you be appointing any advisers? If so who will you choose and why?

As with many previous Delegates, will you be appointing any advisers? If so who will you choose and why?
Yes, right now I have decided on Siwale for Foreign Advisor, Brendog for Communications Advisor, and Malphe for Defense Advisor. I chose Siwale as Foreign Advisor because of his experience as Delegate in dealing with such matters as well as his impressive diplomacy skills. Brendog would be appointed because of his past experience in Communications and as the Minister there, so I believe he could inform me of all their current programs and future plans. Finally, I chose Malphe as Defense Advisor because of his vast experience in the NPA as well as his past leadership of the Ministry.

Why not appoint those individuals as ministers of each of those Ministries?

Brendog would be appointed because of his past experience in Communications and as the Minister there, so I believe he could inform me of all their current programs and future plans.
I don't think Brend wants to be Miniater again and wants to focus on being Vice Delegate if elected. I could also inform you of our current programs as I set up most of them.

I don't think Brend wants to be Miniater again and wants to focus on being Vice Delegate if elected. I could also inform you of our current programs as I set up most of them.
You said Advisors not Ministers...

Why not appoint those individuals as ministers of each of those Ministries?
For actual Ministers, I'd probably go with either the incumbents or people with experience as Ministers of those Ministries (Siwale for example would be a possible choice for MINISTER of Home Affairs).

Back