Minister of Culture
-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
A little under three years ago, I joined the Security Council for the first time. It was also around this time that I was elected Vice Delegate, a position that has become one of my all-time favorite offices in all of TNP.

Things have changed since then. The Delegate I served alongside is no longer a member of our community, the Council has added many new members and has lost some of its most esteemed members.

We’ve seen some of the most active and progressive Vice Delegates to date, and we’ve also seen Vice Delegates fall by the wayside.

One thing I’ve always hated about the Vice Delegacy is how many people view it as a stepping stone to the Delegacy. While many Vice Delegates do ascend to the position of Delegate, it should not be seen as a “Deputy” Delegate, if you will.

The Vice Delegate’s job is very clear. They are the Chair the Security Council. A Vice Delegate could have nothing to do with the executive and still have a successful term.

It is with these things in mind that I present my platform to you.

My first goal in the office is to begin work on a Security Council Superlative Project. This has been one of my favorite ideas that I never had time to propose during my last term as Vice Delegate, nor wanted to pass off. This idea would be to theme the region after a Security Councillor alongside with their superlative, like GBM being “Most Likely To Steal All The Rum” and run an endorsement campaign during the time of them being featured. Not only would this boost the endorsement counts of the Security Council, but boost their activity as well.

My second goal would be to boost my own gameside activity. One of my favorite things about being Vice Delegate last time was interacting with the region gameside. I face an uphill battle by being known as two different names across the forum and gameside due to my nation being my RP nation and not bootsie, so I will say this will be a bit of work, but something I can accomplish.

My third goal is to make sure we’re continuously boosting our endorsement counts week over week. I think shooting for a particular number like my opponent is, is not very effective. While it’s nice to set goals, our endorsement counts are very wave-like, and we can go from our highest endorsement counts to our lowest in a matter of weeks. That’s why I’m going to be tracking endorsement counts like Pallaith has this term to ensure that even if we’re slightly falling in endorsements, we’re still on an upward tick from our original endorsement count.

My fourth goal is to quickly and efficiently process citizenship checks. Being a member of the region and of the Security Council for a while has its benefits. I’m aware of nations that are perfectly well, and I also know nations that I need to run by the Security Council immediately. Obviously I can’t anticipate when a threat will come, so if there’s a huge wave of citizens applying, I will alert my colleagues on the Council so that they can get a second look before I pass them.

Despite saying earlier that a Vice Delegate cannot help out in the Executive and still do their job well, I am not opposed to helping out our Delegate-Elect shall they need my help. My first term with Lord Ravenclaw, I was very hands-off, but my second term was hands-on and involved in the Executive, so I can do either. Vote for the Delegate you see best for leading this region, not the one with the best chemistry with me.

I hope you vote for me, and if you have any questions, let me know.

I've believed in you before and I can believe in you again.

Go get 'em! :P

In an attempt to not split votes with him, and seeing him as a better choice this election, I formally endorse Sil Dorsett for Vice Delegate and hereby withdraw my candidacy.

Back