TNP Nation
Kranostav
Discord
Tlomz

sc.jpg

Repeal: Condemn Macedon
Category: Repeal | Target: SC #1
Proposed by: Concrete Slab | Onsite Topic

Security Council Resolution #1 “Condemn Macedon”shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The Security Council,

Understanding SC #1 is a historical resolution notable for being the first resolution in the Security Council.

Believing two condemnations is illogical for a region that, as well as its allies, is no longer active.

Adding a Security Council resolution should provide substantial evidence a target deserves a condemnation.

Noting the first condemnation was deserved, however, the resolution did not sufficiently explain why Macedon was deserving of condemnation.

Acknowledging Kuriko's condemnation of Macedon in SC #269 goes much further in depth about why Macedon deserves a condemnation.

Noting the aforementioned second condemnation resolution was drafted and passed with the intent of repealing SC #1

Understanding SC #1 has been replaced and is no longer needed.

Hereby repeals Condemn Macedon

Co- authored by Lord Dominator, Kuriko, and Praeceps.

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Against.
I'm for keeping SC1 for posterity, since it was the first. Kind of tough to accept the "Believing two condemnations is illogical for a region that, as well as its allies, is no longer active" argument when we just passed SC269 despite that being true of the region then, as well. Since they are both legally able to stand, I see no reason to delete the historical record.

Against:

I love how the fact that "two condemnations are unnecessary" is enough of a reason to vote for a repeal of the first condemnation but not a reason to vote against the second.

It perfect logic if you just refuse to actually think about it.

If we are getting rid of one. Let it be the new one. Let the old one stand and LET MACEDONIA DIE ALREADY THIS HORSE HAS BEEN DEAD FOR YEARS NOW!

Changing my vote to Present. I really don't know what to think at this point. History is important to me, but repealing SC#1 will simply result in the text being crossed out with black lines. This would be like moving the Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower or some other prominent landmark into underground storage and sealing it away in perpetuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back