The Streyacoran Presidential Festivals (OPEN)

Ray Yaneza

The Author!
TNP Nation
Azenyanistan
Discord
Salgado
Presidential Festivals
Streyacora
Welcome President Carballaroca!

magazine-feria-de-flores-1.jpg

640px-Eugenia_Silva2.jpg

Portrait of the new President
Lady Génesis Carballaroca
The air was full of the voices of the people and the sound of the church bells. On the soil of Streyacora, President Carballaroca, the candidate of the Central Party, has won the elections today and as tradition in the country dictated, there shall be festivals all over the country in her name and honor. In order to attract visitors and invite nations to conduct business with them, the government has issued invitations to all nations available to come to the festivals.

The largest festival shall be held in the capital city of Sandranea, Streyacora. There, it is expected that 354220 will attend the first day of the festival.

People are advised to register for the festival in order to be accepted. The registration form is below. After registration and the festival begins, the first day shall be a witness to the following events:

1. Presidential Speech
  2. National Announcements
  3. National Parade
  4. Free Dinner
  5. Presidential Audience
The second day and third days shall be reserved for the people to enjoy and for other foreign guests to take their time and explore the country.

REGISTRATION FORM

FULL NAME:

FULL ADDRESS:

BIRTHDAY (DD/MM/YYYY):

ARE YOU BRINGING PERSONAL WEAPONS TO THE FESTIVAL? :

ARE YOU BRINGING OTHER ITEMS THAT ARE CONTRABAND? (CIGARETTES, OTHER NICOTINE/TOBACCO PRODUCTS) :

ARE YOU COMING ALONE? :

REASON FOR VISITING:

IF YOU ARE NOT COMING ALONE, PLEASE PROVIDE NAMES OF YOUR COMPANIONS (3 MAXIMUM):

FULL NAME: Adriaan Høgh

FULL ADDRESS:
1854 Eik Götu
Beaconsviði 1115
Konungsríki Prydansk

BIRTHDAY (DD/MM/YYYY): 09/07/1951

ARE YOU BRINGING PERSONAL WEAPONS TO THE FESTIVAL? : No.

ARE YOU BRINGING OTHER ITEMS THAT ARE CONTRABAND? (CIGARETTES, OTHER NICOTINE/TOBACCO PRODUCTS) :
No.

ARE YOU COMING ALONE? :
No.

IF YOU ARE NOT COMING ALONE, PLEASE PROVIDE NAMES OF YOUR COMPANIONS (3 MAXIMUM):

1. William Aubyn

REASON FOR VISITING: Attending as a representative of the Prydanian government.

Last edited:
FULL NAME: Mislav Baković

FULL ADDRESS:
Hrvoje Horvat
Matije Gupca 33
21000 Cerštuva

BIRTHDAY (DD/MM/YYYY): 5 October, 1989

ARE YOU BRINGING PERSONAL WEAPONS TO THE FESTIVAL?: No.

ARE YOU BRINGING OTHER ITEMS THAT ARE CONTRABAND? (CIGARETTES, OTHER NICOTINE/TOBACCO PRODUCTS): No.

ARE YOU COMING ALONE?: Yes.

REASON FOR VISITING: Attending as a diplomatic plenipotentiary of the Mouxordian government.

FULL NAME: King Leonidas Honore

FULL ADDRESS:
2000 Government Lane
Democratu City, Regalia 72721

BIRTHDAY (DD/MM/YYYY): 8/15/1985

ARE YOU BRINGING PERSONAL WEAPONS TO THE FESTIVAL? :
Yes
Absolutely Not
ARE YOU COMING ALONE? :
No
REASON FOR VISITING:
Representing Democratuan Government

1. Security Chief [Name Withheld]
2. Security Guard [Name Withheld]
3. Neal Peterson

FULL NAME: Jürge Schöldt

FULL ADDRESS:
Blauherzocherweg 427
Frankthorf FR 03572

BIRTHDAY (DD/MM/YYYY): 19/03/1978

ARE YOU BRINGING PERSONAL WEAPONS TO THE FESTIVAL? : No

ARE YOU BRINGING OTHER ITEMS THAT ARE CONTRABAND? (CIGARETTES, OTHER NICOTINE/TOBACCO PRODUCTS) : Depends if Alcohol counts

ARE YOU COMING ALONE? : NO

REASON FOR VISITING: Repersenting Ninhundish Government

1. Security Guard
2. Security Guard
3. Heinrich Vunduik

Last edited:
FULL NAME: Isaac Castellan

FULL ADDRESS:
116 East 2nd Street
Norvalle A002B0
Sil Dorsett

BIRTHDAY (DD/MM/YYYY): 04/22/1984

ARE YOU BRINGING PERSONAL WEAPONS TO THE FESTIVAL? : No

ARE YOU BRINGING OTHER ITEMS THAT ARE CONTRABAND? (CIGARETTES, OTHER NICOTINE/TOBACCO PRODUCTS) : No

ARE YOU COMING ALONE? : No

REASON FOR VISITING: Representing the Sil Dorsettian Government as Acting Prime Minister

1. Idelle Peltier
2. Sgt. Max Arceneaux, SDARG
3. Sgt. Benjamin Bonnel, SDARG

The Beginning
Things were becoming more lively as the start of the festivities was approaching. At the large platform already waiting in the middle of the Blue Park, the largest park in the city, men and women hurried from corner to corner. Some were preparing microphones, others were placing chairs and the rest were speaking with one another or were instructing groups.

At the same time, the new President of the country was with her new cabinet. To herself, she had secretaries for War, the Economy, Internal Security, Foreign Affairs, Government Finances, Education and lastly, Infrastructure. The President herself was grinning as she happily discussed matters with her new cabinet, shaking the hands of those lucky enough to pass her by and greeting friends who recognized her.

Meanwhile, the airports and seaports of the nation awaited their guests from the rest of the world, eager to receive them in the name of the new President and a bright future for the country.

King Leonidas, aboard his personal diplomatic jet, pondered the festival ahead. In a briefcase he always had with him he carried various documents provided to him by his ministers and advisors: trade numbers and charts, various cultural information regarding Streycora, documents explaining various possible diplomatic options between Streycora and Democratu, and virtually anything he would need to ensure he could foster positive relations in every way possible. However, as he always did when on international trips, he is carrying an unnamed high caliber pistol in a concealed holster should he need to defend himself.

Neal Peterson, the Democratuan Minister of Foreign Affairs Minister, was also en route to Streycora aboard a separate diplomatic along with a rather sizable gift composed of various Democratuan beverages and other products to ensure the conversation began on the right proverbial foot. The festival ahead promised to be either a great triumph of diplomacy, or an international reputation disaster

Last edited:
"Streyacoran whisky" Aubyn made a distasteful face, setting the glass down.

"It's not brennivín" Adriaan replied, shrugging, still sipping his.
"But I hate flying, and it'll do."

"You know what I found works?"
Adriaan shook his head.

"You take off your shoes and socks. Roll your toes in the carpet. It calms all the nerves that build up over a day of travel."

"Huh" Adriaan pondered for a moment. "You're not going to take your shoes and socks off in my room are you?" William just laughed.
"No, no. I won't, but only because I like you. I don't think you can blame me for wanting to relax though. That airport..."

Adriaan chuckled. "We shook the right peoples' hands I think."

William nodded.
"One of the perks of losing that election" he mused, "was that I didn't think I'd have to do this sort of thing anymore."

"Well I hear the Prime Minister is considering you for the Ambassadorship to Sil Dorsett. So you might have to shake at least one more foreign dignitary's hand on the tarmac."

William shrugged.
"Magnus mentioned it to me in passing. I'm shocked he doesn't want one of his own people on it."

"You know Magnus" Adriaan replied, "he likes to bring people together. And he respects you. Besides. You got that trade deal with the Principality signed and sealed, and you've got Silean heritage. Seems like a good fit if you ask me" he sipped more of his whisky.

"Does the Prime Minister often consult with his Minister of Culture for Ambassadorship appointments?" William asked with a raised eyebrow. Adriaan only laughed.
"Magnus talks to anyone about everything. Or anyone who will listen, of course. Which, to his delight, is most people now that he's PM."

William just sighed. He respected Magnus as well, but he also blamed him for his role in torpedoing his attempts at a true National Union-style party. It had been right there. There was never a better chance to bring the Free Democrats into the Bandalag as there was at that moment, and Magnus Brandt had not only resisted. He'd led the FDP to a slim but solid victory over his coalition.

"Besides" Adriaan added. "You're here. You must be open to the idea, or you wouldn't be on this little test run."

"Streyacora isn't Sil Dorsett" William replied, matter of factly.
"For example, I think I could find better liquor in the Principality" he added with a chuckle.

"Well that's how I know you'll fit right in there. Your discerning taste. Which, to be frank, I don't share" he grinned, finishing his whisky.

William laughed. "Well I'm happy to surrender my glass to you, if you're feeling daring enough" he said, getting up.
"But it's been a long day. I'm eager for some relaxation."

Adriaan nodded, and stood to lead William out of his hotel room.
"Tomorrow then" he said.

"Bright and early" William replied, shaking the Minister of Culture's hand, before retiring to his own quarters for the evening.

FULL NAME: Supreme Commander Emily Akerman

FULL ADDRESS: 17 Pigletville Avenue, Pigletville, GU

BIRTHDAY (DD/MM/YYYY): August 26th, 1970

ARE YOU BRINGING PERSONAL WEAPONS TO THE FESTIVAL? : Hell yeah.

ARE YOU BRINGING OTHER ITEMS THAT ARE CONTRABAND? (CIGARETTES, OTHER NICOTINE/TOBACCO PRODUCTS) : Nope.

ARE YOU COMING ALONE? : Yeah.

REASON FOR VISITING: Why not?

~

When the General arrived, she quickly helped herself to some of the local alcohol. Her favorite part of all of the festivals was all the different alcoholic drinks served. She wasn’t much into politics or politicians, especially not those who lied their way to the top. She waited until someone approached her to talk, she didn’t want to be rude.

Sil Dorsett's prime minister was out on maternity leave, but it didn't stop her from having her hand in the principality's affairs. She would occasionally send her delegate, Isaac Castellan, messages that outlined her agenda for the time she was gone. One of those was a request to travel abroad in her stead to Streyacora to put on another diplomatic charm offensive. Since Isaac had announced his retirement from government service starting at the end of the legislative term, he had no campaigning to do, leaving him with plenty of time to spend.

The flight from Norvalle allowed a bit of time for Isaac and his partner Idelle to chat, even while Isaac continued reviewing the Prime Minister's briefing notes. Idelle, meanwhile, fidgeted with her passport, a relatively new one with only five stamps.

"Nervous?" Isaac joked, noticing Idelle playing with her passport.

"No," Idelle declared. "I'll be alright."

"Hmm... You know you didn't have to come along. I know how you don't like long flights."

"What's the fun in that?" Idelle asked. "I get to see a new land, meet new people, enjoy some new food, and all without the baggage."

"If everything goes how you think it will."

"Plus, I get to spend more time with you. Remember prime minister's questions? I knew what you were going for," Idelle said, very coyly.

"Wasn't my intent," Isaac reminded her. "But, I do think I walked away from that better off."

* * *​
The plane was fast approaching the airport in Sandranea. Isaac and Idelle were interrupted by a flight attendant warning them of their proximity. "Ma'am... Mister Castellan... We're about ten minutes away. Make sure everything is secured and have your seat belts on."

After securing themselves, Isaac discussed the loose itinerary with his partner and gave her a few customary reminders. "So, what do you want to do when we land?" Isaac asked.

"Find a nice restaurant and eat. I'm starving!" Idelle answered.

"We can do that. We should have enough time before the event, I think. If not, we have a second day. Oh, I almost forgot, remember when we land to hold my right hand with your left, not my left with your right like you're used to."

"Right," Idelle acknowledged. "Don't need some well-informed photographer taking the wrong shot of us."

* * *​
The landing was uneventful as the plain livery on the charter flight provided the advantage of some measure of incognizance. Only a stoppage at immigration and customs came between the pair and their watchful eyes and a meal. Unfamiliar with Streyacoran procedure, they could only hope that it wouldn't take long to go through. They were already hoping they'd arrived early enough to eat before needing to be at the Blue Park.

Frankthorf Eiselmann Airport
November 26, 2018

“Gate C25, this must be it”, said Jürge. The first ever direct flight between Frankthorf Eiselmann to Sandranea. Jürge, knowing nothing about Streyacona didn’t know what to except but was existed that he could embark on a diplomatic mission for the Ninhundish Government, as that isn’t always common.

As they waited in the terminal for the plane to arrive and pull into the tarmac, Jürge pulled out a 2L bottle of Heichter and four flasks to split it amongst Heinrich, the two security guards, and himself. “We need someway to pass the time, as we may be here for longer than expected.”

“How long do you think it will be until the plane gets here?” asked Heinrich while taking a sip from his flask.

“Hopefully not too much longer.” replied Jürge, “as the plane is just about to land.”

Jürge looked outside at the tarmac and watched as the plane came right into the bridge gate. “It’s time to get going guys” he said as the men stood up and carried their luggage.

When they had made it to their seats the preflight announcement came on first in Ninhundish then in Mercanti.

Hello, this is your captain speaking, welcome to Nin Luftwegen Flight 2168 to Sandranea Airport. The estimated duration of this flight is 7hr 20min. Current weather in Sandranea is 16°C with partly cloudy skies. We are expecting a delayed take off as the wings must go through a de-icing which could take up to 40min after all other planes departing before us are clear to go. The current time here is 08:45 with weather conditions looking a bit unfavourable in Frankthorf at -1°C and snowshowers. We hope you have a great flight and we on behalf on Nin Luftwegen wish you a great flight.

Lady Génesis Carballaroca now had her attention taken by one of her men. The young one was whispering into her ear about the guests who were coming to the nation and about those already in the nation. The man said

"King Leonidas is on his way while the Democratuan Minister of Foreign Affairs is with him. The gentlemn Aubyn, William and Adriaan are currently resting in their room. Meanwhile, the General from the GU is enjoying herself with the drinks of the festival..."

"Really? Has anyone from our side approached her yet?"

The young man shook his head and said "Not yet, Miss President, but I believe the Foreign Affairs Secretary is going to."

The president herself looked around for her Foreign Affairs person. She found her, the lady Alexandra Vera, making her way with her arms behind her back, one hand holding the wrist of the other, with a curious smile and interesting eyes. The president nodded to the young man to continue as she observed her secretary greeting the general, hoping to catch her attention before some more drinks or a member from one of the opposing parties would.

The young man continued by saying "Isaac Castellan and Idelle from Sil Dorsett are on their way here. But I believe their plane has arrived."

"Very well. See to it that they are taken care of. I want the guests to be well and happy."

The young man nodded. Just as he kept informing his president secretly about the guests, things were all right at least for the guests from Sil Dorsett.

For one, the procedures did not take long. The staff at the customs and immigration office were polite and offered their assistance when needed. When they were allowed to leave, one of the customs officers offered each of them a ring. Written on the rings in elegant cursive letters was "Lady Génesis thanks you".

As for restaurants, there were some close to the Blue Park as well as others much closer to the airport. Whatever the pair might choose, the restaurants they'd find seem to focus more on dishes such as croquettes, tortillas, jamon, chorizo, salchichón, Galicias, sisig, leche flan, adobo and Arroz Caldo.

King Leonidas's jet lands at the airport first, followed closely by that of Neal Peterson. Both taxi to the apron where Armored Diplomatic Limousines with Democratuan flags flying were waiting for them. King Leonidas gathered the documents he had been pouring through and placed them neatly into his diplomatic briefcase and transferred to his armored limousine. His security chief began going of the security plans as the limousine rolled forward. Neal Peterson gathered himself in a similar manner and transferred to his own limousine which quickly caught up with the lead limousine (the one carrying King Leonidas. ). He knew he was here merely for support. Whether this was going to be a triumph or disaster rested on King Leonidas's capable shoulders.

Isaac and Idelle made their way towards Blue Park, stopping at a restaurant along the way to quiet their stomachs and to acclimate to the regional cuisine. Sampling a variety of local dishes, both were pleasantly satisfied with the flavor, even so much that Idelle begged Isaac to allocate some time to stop at a bookstore to pick up a cookbook of traditional dishes. Isaac was more than happy to acquiesce to her wishes.

The lunch felt like more of a date than just an ordinary stop for food, but the couple did reserve a little bit of time to go over some talking points about expectations for the festival.

"You have all your notes, right?" Idelle asked.

"They're all up here," Isaac confirmed, pointing to the side of his head.

"Good. You get one shot before Minister Ellison takes it all back. Make it count, dear."

The couple stared at each other for a few moments, smiling as they gazed into each other's eyes, distracted by each other despite having an agenda to follow and a delicate task to carry out. Neither of them seemed to care though. They were lost in a rare moment that they could share without prying eyes casting a shadow on them. It was seemingly the only moment they could have before Isaac retired from government service in January when no one would raise an eyebrow to their relationship.

For the time being, though, all they could do is make their way to the park and the festival to play the role they came to play.

Eventually, the time came for all to hear Lady Génesis Carballaroca call people to listen to her for a few words. She was tapping her glass with a teaspoon a few times gently close to a microphone. All heard it as best as they could and turned to her if they wished to listen. The music softened and all other noises that could be controlled were softened too.

Soon enough, she made her chance

"Good day everyone. I'd like to thank everyone for coming to the festivals today. I really appreciate that you, Streyacoran or stranger, have come to the capital to celebrate the end of this years elections. In the hopes of beginning this term in good spirits and hopefully to bring about a great administration and future for my people, I thank you and welcome you. Please enjoy yourselves and feel free to be with us in the land of Streyacora!"

Back