TNP Nation
Kranostav
Discord
Tlomz

sc.jpg

Repeal: Liberate The East Pacific
Category: Repeal | Target: SC #247
Proposed by: Tinhampton | Onsite Topic
Security Council Resolution #247 “Liberate The East Pacific” shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

THE SECURITY COUNCIL:

AWARE that SC#247, a light-hearted and admittedly symbolic jibe at The East Pacific's (TEP) then-government penned by a vassal state of United Massachussetts (now TEP's Minister of World Assembly Affairs), focused almost entirely on the actions of then-WA Delegate Queen Yuno (Yuno) at the cost of virtually ignoring the manoeuvres of other TEP officials; its arguments shall be fully refuted below;

RECALLING that a new administration led by WA Delegate Fedele (which has, similarly to Yuno, expressed their support for a repeal of SC#247) came into force in TEP in October 2018, which was quick to change TEP's colour scheme from pink to a more traditional green, as well as both lifting the old ban on emigration and removing bans for those nations that had left TEP upon their request;

OBSERVING that, despite Yuno having previously been a Sergeant in The Black Hawks as well as a major influence in moulding The West Pacific's modern military, neither region ever capitalised on Yuno's year-long delegacy to hijack TEP and there was certainly no conspiracy amongst raiders to truly wreak merry hell upon it during this time; indeed, the East Pacific Sovereign Army has remained able to be flexible between invasion and defence;

ADAMANT, therefore, that the first three points that this august body used to liberate TEP - i.e. that it banned emigration, used the colour of pink on its official documents, and was allegedly in thrall to The Black Hawks and The West Pacific - are now of little or no significance in light of a recent East Pacifican changing of the guard; but

BELIEVING that it is standard practice for a feeder Delegate to send out many mass telegrams that might be relevant to other nations' day-to-day cultural experience (such as informing them about new, fun regional events) or to bear many endorsements to keep their region secure; the fact that they do so should not be isolated to paint them as evil tyrants out to defeat their underlings with their verbosity and voting power; and

CONCLUDING that many of the arguments made in SC#247, whilst delightfully humourous, must be seen in both the historical context in which they applied as well as in the modern era, where they are now less visible:

HEREBY REPEALS SC#247 "Liberate The East Pacific."
Security Council Resolution #247 “Liberate The East Pacific” shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

THE SECURITY COUNCIL:

AWARE that SC#247, a light-hearted and admittedly symbolic jive at The East Pacific's (TEP) government at the time it might have been, focussed almost entirely on the actions of then-WA Delegate Queen Yuno (Yuno) at the cost of virtually ignoring the manouvers of other TEP officials; its arguments shall be fully refuted below;

DISAPPOINTED at the actions of TEP's then-government as masquerading as the tyrannical "Eastern Loligarch Order" for the four days the target resolution was at vote in order to fuel support for it, an all-round devious ploy for which Yuno later apologised for; feigning the abolition of the Concordat (TEP's constitutional document) in favour of a Francoist system of governance as preferred by the New Pacific Order, as well as formulating a mock prohibition on TEP citizens holding dual citizenship;

NOTING, however, that a new and more up-front administration led by WA Delegate Fedele (which has expressed their support for a repeal of SC#247) came into force in TEP in October 2018, which was quick to revert the regional colour scheme from an egregrious pink back to the calming green hues traditionally associated with TEP, as well as both lifting the prohibition on emigration imposed by Yuno's government and removing bans for those nations unlucky enough to have fallen foul of this antiquated legislation upon request;

OBSERVING that, despite Yuno having previously been a Sargeant in The Black Hawks in addition to being a major influence in setting up The West Pacific's military as we know them today, neither region ever capitalised on Yuno's year-long delegacy to hijack TEP and there was certainly no conspiracy amongst raiders to truly wreak merry hell upon the region during this time; indeed, the East Pacific Sovereign Army has retained its ability to be flexible between invading and defending regions even through Yuno's governance;

ADAMANT, therefore, that the first three points that this november body used against The East Pacific to Liberate it - i.e. that it banned emigration, used the colour of pink on its official documents, and was allegedly in thrall to The Black Hawks and The West Pacific - currently hold no significance whatsoever, especially in light of a recent East Pacifican changing of the guard and their subsequent U-turn on the necessity of SC#247; but

BELIEVING that it is standard practice for a feeder Delegate to send out many mass telegrams that might be relevant to other nations' day-to-day cultural experience (such as informing them about new opportunities to partake in fun regional events) or to hold a large number of endorsements to keep their region secure; the fact that feeder Delegates do so should not be isolated to paint them as evil tyrants out to defeat their underlings with their verbosity and voting power, and certainly should not be isolated to foist upon their regions a Liberation that will never work as it was intended to; and

CONCLUDING that the target resolution not only crossed the line from the WA's traditionally well-renowned dry sense of humour to sheer scaremongering about mere mundanity on most occasions, but also deserves to be thrown into the rubbish bin post-haste, joining potentially thousands of pieces of bubblegum wilfully discarded due to anti-TEP sentiment at the time of its passage:

HEREBY REPEALS SC#247 "Liberate The East Pacific"... POP!
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Repeal "Liberate The East Pacific" was passed 15,081 votes to 1,767.

Last edited:
Ministry IFV:
The proposal in question attempts to repeal the liberation of The East Pacific, by refuting the points in the target resolution and attacking their former delegate Yuno. We believe that the proposal unfairly represents Yuno, a longtime friend and ally of The North Pacific. We also point out that the target resolution is well written, good spirited, and intended for humor rather than a serious criticism of TEP.
In keeping with that spirit, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs of The North Pacific recommends a vote Against the resolution.
'
"Liberate The East Pacific", while a well written and humorous piece of legislation that has blessed these hallowed and secure halls for some time now, has appeared to have lost meaning in accordance with the [strike]raider princess being usurped[/strike] latest election results. The new regime lead with changes in the hue of their official government documents; changing from an autocratic pink to a more democratic green as well as transforming the emigration process to be more shudders cosmopolitan friendly. Furthermore, despite everyone's hopes, TEP was never turned into a Black Hawk or West Pacific puppet state. As a result, the region has moved on and is not currently experiencing the various issues raised in the liberation.

In observance of moving on, while not attempting to demean the artistic flair of the previously passed legislation, and in accordance with the evidence presented above (jokes aside), recommends a vote For this repeal.

Last edited:
AGAINST: I believe the region should be symbolically unliberated, but I do not like the tone the resolution takes in trashing Yuno. The Loligarchy was more of a joke than anything sinister so to paint it any different is not beneficial to Yuno, The East Pacific, or the NS community as a whole.
Please Re-vote Below

Last edited by a moderator:
I think on balance it's right to Support repealing this but the 'november body' line makes me want to oppose.
Please Re-vote Below

Against

It's a *meme*
Please Re-vote Below

AGAINST: I have to agree with Wonderess, I do believe a repeal for this previous resoluation but not in this way. They focus on Yuno more than TEP in my opinion, not to mention Yuno didn't write the resoluation, it was their World Assembly Minister United Massachusetts who wrote it with a puppet. Not to mention according to The Black Hawks' ranks, there is no rank called "Sargeant". Probably a grammar error but worth noting. And in the end with the Pop, I don't really think that was nessacary. Refering to Yukk's comment to sum this all up. It's a meme/joke proposal. No rules broken as far as I know but I just think it's mostly a joke.
Please Re-vote Below

For the MEEEEEEEMS, SAVE OUR WA MEMES REEEEEE

against
Please Re-vote Below

Agree with the other individuals on the concerns on how it was written.

Nevertheless, FOR.
Please Re-vote Below

Against, I don't particularly like how it's painted Yuno.

Though I do like the final line. :P
Please Re-vote Below

against, for pretty much the same reasons as have been stated above
Please Re-vote Below

I have to agree with Wonderess and Dinoium for the same reasons.

AGAINST
Please Re-vote Below

Against. Nothing new in my argument.
Please Re-vote Below

It is horribly written, like almost offensively so. Between the spelling errors and the un-resolution-like organization and writing style, I'm already opposed, before I even go into not liking the particular argument being used. Having said that, I would be willing to repeal this liberation were it presented better. Remember, repeals are forever, so they got to be done right.

Against
Please Re-vote Below

Against.
Please Re-vote Below

Against.
Not really sure what to make of this, and that's reason enough.
Please Re-vote Below

Voting begins under this post, any post above this or marked with "Please Re-vote Below" must revote due to the fact the proposal has been edited/reworded.

For. The improvements made to this resolution make it supportable to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back