Kranostav
Discord
Tlomz

sc.jpg

Commend The Church Of Satan
Category: Commendation | Nominee: The Church of Satan
Proposed by: Marilyn Manson Freaks | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Realizes that commendations are the highest honor that the World Assembly can give and that only a select few nations have received them in the past for good reason.

Believes that the nation of The Church of Satan, or CoS, deserves such a prestigious award for their many contributions to their home region of The Rejected Realms (TRR) and the entire world.

Recalls CoS's humble beginnings in The Rejected Realms after their banishment from their original home of 10000 Islands in 2013. Since then, CoS has become an icon and role model for many Rejects to look up to. They have served in multiple positions, including Officer (for a record-breaking 9 terms,) Speaker, Vice-Delegate, and Delegate.

Applauds CoS’s extreme dedication to The Rejected Times, the regional newspaper of The Rejected Realms. On multiple occasions, they revived The Rejected Times, and single handedly wrote most of the paper more than once.

Highlights the immense effort CoS put into the numerous jobs and occupations they held across three governments of Lazarus. Under the People's Republic of Lazarus, CoS was the Chief of Police, Judicial District Governor, and Cultural District Governor. Under the (Humane) Republic of Lazarus, CoS was the Minister of Foreign Affairs and their Grandee Secretary (Vice-Delegate) for a while. Lastly, under the Celestial Union of Lazarus, CoS held the position of Holy Prelate (Head of the Judiciary).

Also Highlights CoS's career in Renegade Islands Alliance. They held many positions there, including Senator of the House of Sauropods, Rex of the House of Sauropods, Princeratops of the House of Sauropods, Member of the Commerce Committee, Mentor, Internal Affairs Officer, and Foreign Affairs Officer.

Celebrates the work CoS has put into other regions such as Spiritus, Wintreath, and Equinox. During their time in Wintreath, CoS held the positions of Skrifa and Thane of Foreign Affairs. As Thane of Foreign Affairs, CoS accomplished a number of things, such as the creation of numerous puzzles to stimulate Wintreath's embassies culturally and socially. In Spiritus, CoS served as Minister of Information, where they kept regional records and made sure nothing was lost to the sands of time. In Equinox, they were Secretary of Lifestyle, where they held a variety of fun cultural activities.

Appreciates CoS and the many things they have done to improve the world.

Hereby commends The Church of Satan.
Co-authored with Benjabobaria.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

"Commend The Church of Satan" was defeated 8,347 votes to 7,814.

Last edited:
Ministry IFV
Because this proposal reads more like a grocery list of government positions rather than citing accomplishments, the initial response might be to reject it. Taking a deeper read, however, it becomes apparent that Church of Satan has made significant contributions in leadership, to a variety of regions over time, and across the spectrum of the WA. The varying demands of each of those posts, within markedly different realms should not be overlooked. There is clear evidence here of a dedication to knowledge and the development of the sort of soft skills that led to CoS being elected to leading positions in region after region. One does not simply walk into The Rejected Realms and garner respect. It is by the years of commitment and hard work, abilities acquired, challenges encountered, lessons learned, that CoS has been able to instill in each region touched, a sense of pride, and so for TRR. This sort of long term, adaptable, get-the-job-done dedication is worthy of acknowledgement.

For this reason, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this proposal.

Last edited:
For.
Tough group to wrangle. Tough region to maintain, given how players get there. Maintaining activity and contributing to the community in this region takes effort and dedication, and that in and of itself is worth acknowledging.

Abstain.

While CoS is a dedicated individual? I don’t believe the arguments put forth here are enough to warrant a Commendation. I’m also not sure they don’t warrant one either. It’s right on the line. So Abstain for now.

I'm leaning For but I tend to agree with Prydania on this, plus I knew CoS before NS so I'm a bit biased. How you vote on this really comes down to how you balance breadth and depth of accomplishments. We just passed a commendation for Xoriet that had a lot of depth but didn't cover as much ground as CoS's commendation does, but then in this case you can see how CoS's accomplishments may not be deemed as weighty as those but come in a greater variety.

I tend to prefer a bit of a balance, but I'm much easier to be convinced to support commendations than many players in this game.

Against.

In my experience, Church of Satan volunteers themselves for many positions, but ends up not doing enough of the required work while still pulling rank for the positions.

Yes, rattling off a list of positions sounds impressive, but it's about what has been contributed by the nominee. Unfortunately, I can't say that there is a sufficient amount of success to validate a commendation. Also, I am not a fan of the informal text of the resolution. What stands out to me in particular is the usage of "CoS was the Minister of Foreign Affairs and their Grandee Secretary (Vice-Delegate) for a while." There is also a capitalization error in "Also Highlights."

Last edited:
Took a closer read based off of Funk's comments. I agree, the position lists too much positions and not enough of what was done while in those positions. If the proposal offered more support as to what he did, it is not nearly as commendable.

The only item I see commendable here is the creation of puzzles to stimulate their embassies. While it was quite fun (I loved it), I believe it was a short-lived program.

Not necessarily opposed to commending him but using this resolution, I am.

I didn’t even go into the text itself. I didn’t like how they put it together and the language doesn’t feel like they commendationsto me. It was almost distracting but despite that it still conveyed the message and I was willing to consider it on the merits. I think there were a few grammar issues but I try not kill resolutions based solely on that.

Against, with the caveat (like Praetor) that I'm not necessarily against commending in the future, just that this resolution doesn't quite hit the mark.
IOW, good concept but this ain't it, chief.

For. We atheists look forward to joining the Devil himself in Eternal Hellfire. Plus we commend the above-mentioned accomplishments of tCoS.

Abstain

(We seem quite divided on this one. I’m going to hold off on voting for a few more hours.)

Seeing that a vote for against would do little good at this point I shall vote ABSTAIN since that is the next best option to make sure this fails.

That is a solid reminded for me to rewrite the bylaws. Until that we will follow the requirement of a majority as praetor as stated.

I don't see a majority being required according to the Delegate's voting policy. The running tally is 8-4-6, with more votes being cast for For than any other category.

That's why I said precedent. Not voting policy.

It is a rather logical assumption (that in my case I can confirm) that the individuals who voted against would prefer the Delegate abstain than vote for. I know if precedent was a plurality I would have voted abstain. However, precedent has been a majority of votes is required for a vote that is not abstinence.

Changing my vote to against. Poorly written or poorly evidenced proposals shouldn't get passed so easily.

There are valid arguments both for and against- which is why I abstained- but in the interest of helping break the deadlock I'll change my vote to for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back