Cartography Discussion and Off-Topic Megathread

BraveSirRobin:
Also inquiry what's the font that should be used? I just didn't bother to include the name in my claim lest it mess things up...
don't worry about the font, just make sure to include the name of the country in the text that goes with your request, lore will handle the rest

(example: I request this plot of land for Brazilistan [image link here])

-goy

St George:
No. You are being removed from the map for sending people to harass me and others on the TNPRP server and the TNP main server.

You no longer have any place in TNPRP due to your actions. Go darken some other door.
But you changed your name in memoriam of that, and I never sent anyone. Those were my alts.

St George:
No. You are being removed from the map for sending people to harass me and others on the TNPRP server and the TNP main server.

You no longer have any place in TNPRP due to your actions. Go darken some other door.
Neirr, what the heck

Skittleyflakes:
praise sytarenne

keep us away from neirr
Is it you intention to keep deleting your old posts to avoid being marked spamming this thread? I count 3 times already you've done this.

I have no idea what the hell you're going on about, but your harassment stops. Now. This has escalated to the forum admins.

Due in part to evidence brought to Cartography of a clear violation to Rule 1b of Eras Cartography The Cartography Staff has unanimous decided to reject the secondary claim for Syrixia's, Tazari State. None of the behavior centered around this has been okay. Eras is a collaborative effort and that means that no one involved will ever have it exactly as they want it and that must be kept in everyone's mind going forward. This decision is not up for appeal to the cartography staff,

~Cartography Staff

I split this out from the map claim thread to keep it tidy, but didn't want to mess up the Map Discussion Thread, where this really belongs, with a merge.

Your activity is not judged by your presence on Discord. It is judged by your presence on the forum. You should make more posts on the forum, and in the RP section especially, if you want to be considered active to maintain your claim. You'll need to reapply for a map claim.

Robbyg, to answer your question from the claims thread, Thorway is...

land pixels (4 km2 per pixel): 18,571 px / 74,284 km2
border pixels (2 km2 per pixel): 442 px / 884 km2 (A non-contiguous border needs fixed. I've added 2 pixels to fix it in this number.)

Total Land: 75,168 km2

Sil Dorsett:
Robbyg, to answer your question from the claims thread, Thorway is...

land pixels (4 km2 per pixel): 18,571 px / 74,284 km2
border pixels (2 km2 per pixel): 442 px / 884 km2 (A non-contiguous border needs fixed. I've added 2 pixels to fix it in this number.)

Total Land: 75,168 km2
Thank you very much :)

Crazybloxian Empire:
Crazybloxian Empire:
I’d like my nation space to be renamed to Crazybloxian Empire thx

Note: I denied that name because it is not a nation name. Please consider this a warning not to bring it up again.

~LL
What makes it not a nation name?

Note: Because it is the name of a roblox modding group. I would also reject the United States of ModDB, and The Federation of NexusMods. Consider this a final warning, DO NOT bring it up again.

~LL

*facepalm* i guess.

I should have picked myselves a new name and a clean start, but it’s too late. If only I could time travel back to April 1, 2018 and restart this nation.

Oh and LL, you shall be sentenced to deafening for 2 hours for one count of non-compliance of Crazybloxian/Aloralasic government orders.

*takes ll into room*
*gets speakers*
*maxes volume*
*blasts WE ARE SINGAPORE SINGAPOREANS*
*closes door*
*puts on earplugs*
Are derivative names allowed? For example, “Crazybloxia” from Crazybloxian Empire, “Nexusmoddia” from NexusMods, for example?

[quote uid=8312 name="Crazybloxian Empire" ]

Note: I denied that name because it is not a nation name. Please consider this a warning not to bring it up again.

~LL[/quote]What makes it not a nation name?

Note: Because it is the name of a roblox modding group. I would also reject the United States of ModDB, and The Federation of NexusMods. Consider this a final warning, DO NOT bring it up again.

~LL

*facepalm* i guess.

I should have picked myselves a new name and a clean start, but it’s too late. If only I could time travel back to April 1, 2018 and restart this nation.

Oh and LL, you shall be sentenced to deafening for 2 hours for one count of non-compliance of Crazybloxian/Aloralasic government orders.

*takes ll into room*
*gets speakers*
*maxes volume*
*closes door*
*puts on earplugs*[/quote]Are derivative names allowed? For example, “Crazybloxia” from Crazybloxian Empire, “Nexusmoddia” from NexusMods, for example?

Crazybloxian Empire:
Crazybloxian Empire:
Crazybloxian Empire:

~LL
What makes it not a nation name?

~LL

*facepalm* i guess.

*takes ll into room*
*gets speakers*
*maxes volume*
*closes door*
*puts on earplugs*
Are derivative names allowed? For example, “Crazybloxia” from Crazybloxian Empire, “Nexusmoddia” from NexusMods, for example?
The answer is no. We will not allow a nation name on the Eras map that is derived from any gaming organization or whatever like Crazyblox, Nexus Mods, ModDB, etc. Your current Eras nation name of Aloralasic Republic is acceptable.

This appears to be a case where you might not be aware that your Eras nation does not need to match your NationStates nation or your forum account name. There is no need to "restart your nation" on NationStates. Nothing you do on NationStates matters in Eras RP. Please read The Roleplaying in Eras FAQ to learn more about this. http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9104896/

Also, it's never acceptable to threaten or harass a member of the staff, whether cartography or moderation, no matter how much of a joke you think it is.

[quote uid=8312 name="Crazybloxian Empire" ][quote uid=8312 name="Crazybloxian Empire" ]

~LL[/quote]What makes it not a nation name?

~LL

*facepalm* i guess.

*takes ll into room*
*gets speakers*
*maxes volume*
*closes door*
*puts on earplugs*[/quote]Are derivative names allowed? For example, “Crazybloxia” from Crazybloxian Empire, “Nexusmoddia” from NexusMods, for example?[/quote]The answer is no. We will not allow a nation name on the Eras map that is derived from any gaming organization or whatever like Crazyblox, Nexus Mods, ModDB, etc. Your current Eras nation name of Aloralasic Republic is acceptable.

This appears to be a case where you might not be aware that <font color="#ee4a2d">your Eras nation does not need to match your NationStates nation or your forum account name. There is no need to "restart your nation" on NationStates. Nothing you do on NationStates matters in Eras RP. Please read The Roleplaying in Eras FAQ to learn more about this. http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9104896/

Also, it's never acceptable to threaten or harass a member of the staff, whether cartography or moderation, no matter how much of a joke you think it is.</font>

Hi. My claim was put on hold some time ago (6th of July), it was an unusual and possibly problematic claim, so I'll understand whatever decision you make.

Anyway, I hope you haven't forgotten about it, and if I missed any updates just point me to it.

Thank you!!

Hi there! I would like to inquire as to the status of my map claim made on August 17th. It was understandably still under discussion the update before the unfortunate forum issues (as the update was posted shortly after my claim). This most recent update the claim was not mentioned at all. I can find no mention of it anywhere else. If it’s still under discussion or it was rejected, I’m cool with that, I mainly just want to know what happened.

Thanks for all the work you do!

Hi there! I would like to inquire as to the status of my map claim made on August 17th. It was understandably still under discussion the update before the unfortunate forum issues (as the update was posted shortly after my claim). This most recent update the claim was not mentioned at all. I can find no mention of it anywhere else. If it’s still under discussion or it was rejected, I’m cool with that, I mainly just want to know what happened.

Thanks for all the work you do!
When it comes down to it, Taking that much coastline and leaving that much area de-facto landlocked just can't be justified especially since the coastline is the premium, no one wants to make an entirely inland claim and a claim that just straddles the coastline, especially that long does nothing but effectively puts an entire area at risk of receiving no new claims.

When it comes down to it, Taking that much coastline and leaving that much area de-facto landlocked just can't be justified especially since the coastline is the premium, no one wants to make an entirely inland claim and a claim that just straddles the coastline, especially that long does nothing but effectively puts an entire area at risk of receiving no new claims.

Ok. I’ll come up with something else. Thanks!

Nation Name: Paplem Emire
Population: 1,229,000,000
GDP: (nominal) $6,010,477,751,837.97
GDP: (per capita) $ 10,502.65

I’m not a mod so don’t take my word for it but having a population of over a billion seems like a NS stats which we don’t use here.

Got a few questions I need answering myself.

First, would Dust (an elemental, yet combustible crystal) be allowed to be used as an infusing material for clothing, armor, and as a sort of drug (as in, it can be forced into the body) be allowed in this?
Second, could I get some help readying my language (its just usually combination of words, such as Bea'aca).

Got a few questions I need answering myself.

First, would Dust (an elemental, yet combustible crystal) be allowed to be used as an infusing material for clothing, armor, and as a sort of drug (as in, it can be forced into the body) be allowed in this?
Second, could I get some help readying my language (its just usually combination of words, such as Bea'aca).
I'm not a mod or anything, but I would personally recommend you write a proposal for this crystal for the RP Conclave.

Back