Goyanes

Worldbuilder
-
TNP Nation
Goyanes
Discord
goya#6469
jm1Y6VZ.png

Hey there, its your Attorney-General, Goyanes, and I'm running for reelection in this position. I'm committed to preserving the integrity of the law here in TNP, and ensuring its swift and fair application. I know this thread is pretty barebones, but AG is honestly an apolitical post in the region government, and there's not much agenda-writing to do. Feel free to ask any questions below, and I'lll try to get to them in a timely manner. Thanks!

~Goy

How do you respond to those who have accused you of being a Sith Lord? Are you, in fact, a Sith Lord?

What does a typical day consist of for the Attorney General of TNP?

How many terms have you done this job and when did you start? Compare The Goyanes from day 1 to the Goyanes of today, and could you give me a list/summary of the casework you've done in your tenure?

I am not sure if you feel it appropriate to answer this, and I would quite understand if you do not so feel no obligation to answer, but if you were Attorney General would you have pursued charges against Eraver as the current AG has done?

[quote uid=22 name="flemingovia" ]I am not sure if you feel it appropriate to answer this, and I would quite understand if you do not so feel no obligation to answer, but if you were Attorney General would you have pursued charges against Eraver as the current AG has done?[/quote]He is the current AG. Unless I am really missing something here.

Anywho, you have my support Goy. Hope to continue serving you.

I was trying to be fair and ask both candidates the same question.

But perhaps a different question would be in order....

Under your care will the AGs office be completely impartial? In other words, if you pursue with the full force of your office one player for proxying, fraud and gross misconduct, will you do the same to other players in the region who are running multiple accounts, even if they are more capable of standing up for themselves?

[quote uid=3375 name="Syrixia" ]How do you respond to those who have accused you of being a Sith Lord? Are you, in fact, a Sith Lord?[/quote]

Serious questions, please.

[quote uid=6214 name="Siwale" ]What does a typical day consist of for the Attorney General of TNP?
[/quote]

mind your own daggum business high school

[quote uid=7063 name="Dinoium" ]Will you keep your current administration?[/quote]

Yes, and if I win, I will offer my opponent, COE, a job in the office

[quote uid=5577 name="Pallaith" ]How many terms have you done this job and when did you start? Compare The Goyanes from day 1 to the Goyanes of today, and could you give me a list/summary of the casework you've done in your tenure?[/quote]

I started in the AG's office with Ash in 2016, and I continued as a deputy until my first election after Darcania forfeited the position for the speakership in November 2017, therefore I have served for 2 1/2 terms. The load has been light, extremely light, regrettably so, even while I was a deputy, therefore I feel like I haven't had the same opportunity for advancement in experience as other AG's/Deputy AG's. At the current moment I am working on the filing submitted to the court most recently.

[quote uid=22 name="flemingovia" ]I was trying to be fair and ask both candidates the same question.

But perhaps a different question would be in order....

Under your care will the AGs office be completely impartial? In other words, if you pursue with the full force of your office one player for proxying, fraud and gross misconduct, will you do the same to other players in the region who are running multiple accounts, even if they are more capable of standing up for themselves?[/quote]

1. There was evidence of possible malintent, and the circumstances regarding the case were quite suspicious to me and the other users involved. I will not divulge further information as it is public record. If I continue in this office, I will evaluate each case on a case-by-case basis.

2. The age of the user involved was not made known to me or anyone in the AG's office until several days after the filing was made. The birth year listed on the forum was 1999, and there was no message about the banning of the user on the "banned users" thread. Therefore, I find the notion that I purposely used the full force of the Attorney-General's office on someone not able to defend themselves intriguing, to say the least.

I don't really have any questions.

Mostly I guess I'd just ask

"Why do you want to be AG?"

To me it sounds like it is a low-commitment fairly boring position to hold. I think you have huge potential and I'm not sure you'll be able to realise it in this office.

[quote uid=5610 name="Goyanes" ]2. The age of the user involved was not made known to me or anyone in the AG's office until several days after the filing was made. The birth year listed on the forum was 1999, and there was no message about the banning of the user on the "banned users" thread. Therefore, I find the notion that I purposely used the full force of the Attorney-General's office on someone not able to defend themselves intriguing, to say the least. [/quote]Possibly you did not know when the charges were brought, but you know now. Given the age of the accused and the impossibility of a fair trial (article 7 of the BOR) since the trial needs to be held in absentia, will you be withdrawing the charges?

[quote uid=1669 name="mcmasterdonia" ]I don't really have any questions.

Mostly I guess I'd just ask

"Why do you want to be AG?"

To me it sounds like it is a low-commitment fairly boring position to hold. I think you have huge potential and I'm not sure you'll be able to realise it in this office. [/quote]

I just like thankless jobs in general, even in real life, but thanks for the nice words!

[quote uid=22 name="flemingovia" ][quote uid=5610 name="Goyanes" ]2. The age of the user involved was not made known to me or anyone in the AG's office until several days after the filing was made. The birth year listed on the forum was 1999, and there was no message about the banning of the user on the "banned users" thread. Therefore, I find the notion that I purposely used the full force of the Attorney-General's office on someone not able to defend themselves intriguing, to say the least. [/quote]Possibly you did not know when the charges were brought, but you know now. Given the age of the accused and the impossibility of a fair trial (article 7 of the BOR) since the trial needs to be held in absentia, will you be withdrawing the charges?[/quote]

It's been done already :p

Back